• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash 3 Results/Shoutouts

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Brawl Doubles (10 Teams)

1. Combos in BARLW (theONEjanitor + George) $120
2. Snaké (KOkingpin + NESN00b) $60
3. The Drunkus and the Funkus (munkus + moogle) $20
4. Crouching Kirby, Hidden Counter (3GOD + Ryan)
5. Trashy Classic Controller (pops + Duchock)
5. Team Pretty (Will_ + Majist)
7. Robert + Jeff
7. Shake & Bake (? + ?)
9. Jamal + Da Great 1
9. Mike + Pierce

Brawl Singles (23 entrants)
1. Will_ (Meta Knight/Ness/Donkey Kong) $145
2. George (Kirby) $72
3. munkus beaver (Meta Knight) $23
4. Moogle (Fox)
5. Jeff (Mr. Game & Watch/possibly Pit if I'm remembering correctly?)
5. Boomcube (R.OB.)
7. Ryan (Snake)
7. KOKingpin (Yoshi/Peach)
9. Popsofctown (R.O.B./Zelda)
9. Play2 (G&W)
9. Mike (???)
9. theONEjanitor (Diddy/Snake)
13. Robert (Kirby)
13. Duchock (Ness)
13. Yums (Falco)
13. 3GOD (Wario?)

everyone else eliminated in pools

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Shoutouts:

Nesnoob/KOKingpin - It was fun talking with you guys and hanging out. Especially exchanging trash talk. We must do it again sometime.
George - I mentioned this to Majist after the tourney: When fighting you, I have to pretty much assume I'm at 50%+ at all times, because as soon as I lose a stock you're gonna rack up the damage quickly. You've gotten much better, so it's become harder and harder to stop you. I think I need more practice to keep up with you and Will_ now. Also: I hate you and your hammer.
Will_ - You need to main Ness! No, really. ****, you were beastly with that thing. Sad I didn't fight you in brackets, I really wanted more time against you. You are the best in bama, though. No doubt about it.
Moogle - Best teams partner eva, still. We need to get you some pills for your snake allergy, though. Other than that, we'll sweep the brackets next time! I promise ;o
Majist - Baby, you know how it is. Don't cry, baby. I only hurt you, baby, cuz I loves you.
Janitor - You get these things together, I'll help you facilitate them :D Sad I never got to play you, I wasn't feeling that great at the end of the tourny. Plus the whole Bama fighting for its life against LSU, thing.

Anybody who played MK trying to get an edge - Step off, ya hatas.

Boom Cube

Smash Rookie
Moogle - For a black-label shot of reality. I thought I was the **** for a while there. :lick:
Will_ - ****, I didn't know you played such a Ness, I would've ditto'd him with you instead of MK for our last match.
Pops - PURP ROB ARMADA
Play2 & KO - +D

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Moogle - Rode up with the Kupo King and listened to Girl Talk. I don't think I'll ever get tired of riding up with you.

3GOD - I didn't recognize you without your hat. Your bowser is impressive, good stuff.

Majist - You are an awesome driver and a good teams partner. The Ike x4 match was epic. "My friends fight for ME!"

Munkus - I was cringing while watching your fight with George. I know exactly what you were going through, that Kirby is too **** malicious. (wtf grab range?)

Janitor - You won a brawl tourney! Now change your sig with pride.

Nes noob - Stop 4 stocking me with jigglypuff, man. I miss my self-esteem. ;_;

Pops - I hope you used plenty of "I don't even have the game johns". :] I can play your rob next time we meet at a smashfest or something.

George - Your kirby is a demon. Good ****ing games.

gg's to anyone I missed.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Good tournament...I am ready for another!

@Will_ - It's always good to play you...didn't really think about my hat being my identification :). Good friendlies. I plan to improve my Bowser and make him a legitimate threat.

@Janitor - I saw you post in the Atlantic South thread, and I too need to avoid doing well in pools and then self-destructing multiple times in brackets. Thanks for hosting! Also, you and George are good at teams.

@KO - Your Yoshi is a lot better than when I played you back in the summer. Good games.

@George - Your Kirby is too good. Good teams games!

@Play2 - Good G&W, but I'm sad that I SD'd to end our set. I hope to play you again next time.

@Ryan, Jeff, and Robert - Awesome that you guys came along! I hope we can still play regularly even though there aren't any imminent tournaments.

@NES n00b - Falcon/Jiggs is too good of a team! Always awesome to play you!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
shoutouts

george--yaya thanks for helping me become able to change my sig. i started to think it would stay the same for ever. we seem to make a pretty good team. your kirby is a skrate BEAST. do not give up on learning to beat those good metaknights, you will get there i guarantee. i hope it doesn't take too long to get some vids up :-D

boomcube--it seems every tournament I learn a new difficult matchup for me. very nice ROB.

Will_--good shiz at winning, again I didn't play you.

KO--best peach I've seen. you gotta teach me how to make peach tourney viable lol. Maybe i should have went snake.

moogle--play more falco and sheik against me in melee. like I feel like I'm almost there, you just get punished bad in melee if you make too many missteps. good job getting fourth. Your fox is very fun to watch.

Duchock--your ness is hard. keep practicing pl0x, i think you are capable of placing higher than you have been. george has the videos, so its up to him to upload them :-D

pops--I was more afraid of your toon link than your rob. so I'm glad you picked ROB in pools even thought it was still difficult :-D

robert--the kirby player i believe. I should have picked someone other than toon link, but very nice kirby. kirby is a really good character.

cheap--I think you should practice peach, she's pretty good. Just not broken like before. Or just play melee. you're choice :-P

NESn00b--stop playing jiggs all the time geez lol

munkus--thanks for helping facilitate things. and we never seem to play each other anymore. maybe because I always do bad in singles lol i wanted to play you guys in doubles but maybe next time

everyone else, thanks for coming. and look out for a new tournament probably in January.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Nes noob - Stop 4 stocking me with jigglypuff, man. I miss my self-esteem. ;_;
Sleepy time/power jigglypuff cannot stop that kind of stuff. lol Good job doing well with Ness throughout the tourney.

NESn00b--stop playing jiggs all the time geez lol
I think this was the only time I played Jiggs the most at any tourney. Ness was I think the second most used cause he is Ness tier.

@NES n00b - Falcon/Jiggs is too good of a team! Always awesome to play you!
Hell yeah, maybe at LAST we can try that team. LOL

@munkus: Yeah I don't play the game (to the comment at the pools match) but I remember how to be gay with Snake. So yeah....still GGs in teams.

@CHEAP you should have just played Melee with me instead of going through barwl singles. :mad:

@KO: Nice teaming with you and seeing you (as usual).

When I was leaving, I noticed that a wii mote was left so I brought it along with me. If anyone has a wii mote missing, then post in this thread and I will try to figure out how to get it to you.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
@majist- I feel bad passing pools when you didn't, i did pretty crappy in my own pools but i scraaaped out. Next time be sure to always ask me if Zelda is good for something, I know her pretty well.

@Will_ - I need to watch your doubles games, i bet they're great. I'm happy to know someone has heard of Soldat, you should go use some top-tier deagles now, small, quick, fast, deadly, disjointed, you know where I'm going with this?

@Munkus- Maybe you beat me Munkus, you know what? I don't even own Brawl. :) good games.

@Moogle- You have the best fox in the world, no one can convince me otherwise. I love watching it. I actually dreamed about it the other night, which is a little bit weird. I loved that music you played for us, I'd buy it but i doubt it has censored versions for mi casa, does it?

@Boomcube- Your tag matches your character pretty good. You have a really solid ROB, hopefully mine looks something like that once i play ROB for a full month or so. Oh and... DIBBS ON PURPLE NEXT DITTO!

@Ryan- You gave me my second lesson that picking rainbow cruise will not make my opponent stick with Snake and clunk around. Maybe by lesson four, I'll learn.

@KOKingPin- thanks for letting me use your computer for recording, i've wanted some footage of myself in a tournament-pressure game. Put those up somewhere and shout the link if you can, no pressure at all though, all your recording was benevolent and i neglected to bring my camera to the tournament.

@theONEjanitor --I was more afraid of your Snake than your Diddy/Marth. so I'm glad you picked Diddy/Marth in pools even thought it was still difficult :-D FTR, i used Toon Link against you round two, i'm sensing you didn't recall because you didn't mention it in your shout nor on the character listings.

@Robert- You kind of got the unlucky end of the stick, I spent pools sifting through what character i should use against you, and eventually found Toon Link to work well. Hey you're the guy that spiked my Rob aren't you? That was so EPIC. (It only became "epic" after i made it out of pools anyway. Before that it was "lame and cheap")

@Duchock- You made a good doubles partner. That 1v1 you pulled out from behind in one of the games was very impressive.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i know you picked toon link, i meant i'm glad you didn't stay toon link. i dont like snake vs. toon link. or snake vs. rob., theres no doubt that my diddy is better than my snake. plus i've been doing a bit of practicing with diddy. and i copied the character listings from george so i dont even know what it says heh

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Moogle: Thanks for driving duder. Girl Talk was awesome! I was pumped up and exhausted at the same time before the tournament even began.

Pops: Yeah, i really should have asked you about all those matchups beforehand. I made some really BAD character choices and i think i would have made it out of pools if I'd been a little more wise. Next time, baby! Glad i got to ride with you.

Will_ : Dude, you are ridiculous with that Ness. I had no idea! Playing Teams was awesome with you. I can't wait for the vids to be uploaded. Hopefully we'll get that Norfair match with the lava combo > UpTilt double KO, mwahahahahaa. I'll be a better teammate next time! Great job taking 1st! Oh, and I'll make a better team name next time:grin: We ***** in Melee teams though:bigthumbu

Munkus: I'm sad and glad that i never played you this time around, except in teams. You and moogle do make a great team, way to go. I still hate you :p

Duchock: I didn't get to play you at all, but i saw one of your matches, and my god you've gotten so good! Way to represent Ness!

NES n00b: Melee was awesome man! That was the most fun i had at the tourney! I hate you and your Jiggly shenanigans!! I'm going to get good with Falcon!!

T1J: That was a fantastic tournament dude. I really enjoyed being there and participating. Thanks for waiting for us to get there, lol. Your Snake is TERRIFYING. There was nothing i could do against you in Teams. argh!

3GOD: It was great to finally meet you. Your Wario is SICK, dude. That fart just comes out of nowhere! At least i could beat you in Melee! :D I had the same problem you did, I SD'd a lot. I gotta cut that crap out. GG's.

George: Those last matches between you and Munkus had me on the edge of my seat with pure FEAR. You're an amazing player, and you play smart. Much respect. I hope i get to actually play you next time in Singles.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I haven't played brawl since I was in huntsville during the fall break, so nuts to you pops!

Top Bottom