• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Jeff still hasn't responded to any of this....

And god d***, I really wish swf would fix this avatar problem. I've been wanting to change my avatar for 3 days now.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Oh, Chris, just so you know, you left your hat and your aviators here at MY HOUSE. So next time you come by they'll be here.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone! I am in need of a doubles partner. I don't care who you're main is, as long as you're willing to give it your all to be the best you can be. I myself am not a pro by any means and have a great amount of practice to do before I get to the level of perfection that's necessary for that type of title. I do, however, have an urge to be better than the casual smasher and I put forth an honest effort to be better. I'm always improving my game and take time to correct mistakes so they don't repeat themselves at high levels of gameplay where it matters. If anyone out there is willing to team up with me or give it a try then feel free to speak up. I myself main Kirby and live in Glendale, AZ for any potential doubles partners that want to know.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking for like local & out of state tourneys and things of that nature. I could do doubles for wifi too though, even though I don't care too much for wifi.

Duff0

Smash Ace
I was thinking for like local & out of state tourneys and things of that nature. I could do doubles for wifi too though, even though I don't care too much for wifi.
Good. I was gonna say that there aren't too many wifi players here.

I'm sure you'll find someone.

But you have to start consistently going to tournaments first. No one wants a "static" partner if they go to 1 tournament and leave for like a year.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
I play brawl not melee sorry. Nothing against melee at all, I just don't play it anymore and couldn't if I wanted to since my cousin has had my game since I got brawl.

Edit:

@Duff0: Yeah I don't like wifi, it is pretty slow. And I really hope I do because if I had a partner that had the will to play and play well then I would stay competitive. I am going to be going to some tournaments now and by no means will I be someone that goes and plays once then drops off the face of the earth for months. I actually want to be a top player but I realize that is going to take some work and cooperation between me and my doubles partner.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Lol and why not brawl? I understand there are certain aspects that make melee a better game but brawl also has certain qualities that make it more fun. They both have their ups and downs. I myself prefer brawl but have nothing against melee.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Oh lol. Now I feel like a noob. :D

@Twin A: I totally agree with you on the camping/spammin issues. I main kirby and used to use ike so I clearly don't camp and spam, I instead have to be aggressive and try and use skill to win instead of cheap tactics like time outs through camping.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Oh lol. Now I feel like a noob. :D

@Twin A: I totally agree with you on the camping/spammin issues. I main kirby and used to use ike so I clearly don't camp and spam, I instead have to be aggressive and try and use skill to win instead of cheap tactics like time outs through camping.
You're playing the wrong game.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it doesn't bother me. I understand I'm probably not making the best decision by playing the way I do but why would I want to be snake or mk and sit on a ledge for 7 mins?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Just a heads up, mac...people may be slightly...unforgiving towards your standpoint because not only are you posting in the Tucson threads (a couple hours south of Phoenix), but you're talking about Brawl, which there are more of in Phoenix, than Tucson (and those who play Brawl in Tucson, tend to play Melee as well). Have you ever considered trying Melee? I realize you don't have the game, but that doesn't have to stop you from playing it. Also, if you care enough about it, you can buy a gamecube and Melee disk for $35 total, which is fairly cheap in comparison to the average standard of living. If you don't have$35 to invest in this hobby, perhaps it isn't the hobby for you or perhaps there are other priorities in your life you should consider first. In my personal opinion, there are a few things that make it a better game for competition when compared to Brawl.

Firstly, there is more hitstun (not to the point of 64), and more techniques (wavedashing/L-canceling/etc.) that make the game more technical and thus, have a higher consistency cap than Brawl, which allows for a larger spread between good and bad. Secondly, the games, on average, tend to go much quicker due to combos and gimps and things that are much more rare in Brawl. Quicker games are more fun to watch; while camp-fests are much less appealing to most. Thirdly, what is considered the best character (according to the current tier list) is still able to be combo'd by almost anyone in the game. On the other hand, Metaknight is considered by several as broken, though someone else would be more qualified to explain why.

At any rate, good luck with finding what you are looking for.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I don't camp at all in brawl and I do fine :) and people who comment about the skill gap in Brawl aren't good at all and don't know much about the game -- the skill gap is as big as there is in any other activity. M2K will butcher any average competitive player as hard as he would in melee. If there were 4 stocks this would be more apparently visible.

Anyways Tucson, I'd love to melee but I'll be busy basically at least the next two weeks with photoshoots and homework but I'll update you when my schedule clears up.

I finally got to play Tony in Phoenix haha. I got one-stocked twice then two-stocked I think when I was Ganon on Dreamland :( versus Mewtwo of course. I'll get you next time! mwahaha... probably not

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rob: I wouldn't have crossed out the technical skill thing, as it's really viable in the melee/brawl debate.

Because of l-canceling and wave dashing, there are worlds, upon worlds of more options in Melee in comparison to Brawl. Different ways of movement, spacing, attacking, everything. The abuse of two mechanics in Melee add a whole different level of depth to it in comparison to Brawl.

Unfortunately because of this, the learning curve for melee can be unforgiving at times.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey Everyone! I am in need of a doubles partner. I don't care who you're main is, as long as you're willing to give it your all to be the best you can be. I myself am not a pro by any means and have a great amount of practice to do before I get to the level of perfection that's necessary for that type of title. I do, however, have an urge to be better than the casual smasher and I put forth an honest effort to be better. I'm always improving my game and take time to correct mistakes so they don't repeat themselves at high levels of gameplay where it matters. If anyone out there is willing to team up with me or give it a try then feel free to speak up. I myself main Kirby and live in Glendale, AZ for any potential doubles partners that want to know.

i wouldn't mind teaming if, and whenever I can manage to 1. have the money for it and 2. kyle takes me with him instead of jane :(

Top Bottom