• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
tzzzzzzzzzzz why tucson gets more active when i leave sighh. put me on rankings!1111111111111 D: maybe not, im supposed to go jump off some really high bridge today into the water so i might die :[ i think i will drown seeing as im still drunk from last night :[ see you *****es in december! then i beats everyone! :D

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
YAY AZenith is coming back...in December.

Every time you post, I remember that time You, James and I got stuck in Phoenix after one of Tai's ACMM tourney's. Good times.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
dook where are you going back to? cuz im going back to phoenix after the tourney is over and could give you a ride back
Orly? My car would be at the airport. I am just trying to get back in time because this girl wants to hang out but I am out of town every weekend! If the tournament ends after 5:00 PM that might be a possibility. Thank you for letting me know/being an awesome guy!

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Mike, last time the tournament ended after 6 P.M. There's the 2nd tournament after for the winner afterwards too. The prizes for the tournaments are 100 in store credit only usable at that particular PnT and a golden Mario statue, respectively. You're the only person there that would give me a run for the money so not winning is not a concern for you haha.

So you decide if the prizes are worth going to Tucson for or if the girl is hot enough to stay for. I guess the Piman option is best if she's willing to wait.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Oh so NOW the trophy is golden. At least I get to play for it in the grand finale part.

it's ok my R.O.B is still freakin sweet.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I would say move me down to like 9 lol. I don't think I'm that good.

Also, move Nicknyte up to about 3. Other than that looks pretty accurate.

I think I'm going to be playing Falcon/Fox now not sure who I will main but likely no more Sheik.

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
i challenge everyone above me on that list immediately, ESPECIALLY elvis.

and i mean immediately.

i just got off the phone with tommy, and he pseudo-convinced me to drive to devastation BUT only for the day that melee is. so if anyone wants to go, meet at my house or on the way to phoenix and ill pick you up.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah I want to challenge Ty and Elvis. I think we have to wait for Shiv to come back.

Ok so I just read the schedule for Devastation (http://www.devastationevent.com/schedule) and Melee is only being done on that Friday.

Was there anyone planing on going for Brawl, and that could give me a ride back to Tucson afterward?
I could ride up with Ty, and come back with someone else.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i challenge everyone above me on that list immediately, ESPECIALLY elvis.

and i mean immediately.

i just got off the phone with tommy, and he pseudo-convinced me to drive to devastation BUT only for the day that melee is. so if anyone wants to go, meet at my house or on the way to phoenix and ill pick you up.
I might crash at Forrest's on Thursday. Would that work?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
WTF, am I some type of celebrity?

Oh wait, my name :D

**** yea, toliets.

(520)456-5378. Call me for yo matches. Weegee will own....Good luck Cooper, hope you'll beat me :D

AXE 09

Smash Master
Jackie! that would be awesome! when are you gonna drive up there? and when do you plan on coming back to tucson? how much money would you want from us?

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm not sure who Kyle is.....

on a side note, I think I'll just go to Devastation for the Melee.

forward

Smash Champion
Subscribing.

I own everyone with my ****. Captain ****, **** animals, Princess ****, Zelda/****, **** Emblem, Dr. ****, Rapedorf, LuRapei, Rapeky Kong, and Rapeillypuff.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
So I've come to the conclusion that Forrest only ever beats me, let alone gets in more than three hits if I mess up my tech skill. I really wish I was more consistent, since I start to play really ****ty on tilt, and messing up my techs skill REALLY puts me on tilt.

My white controller is starting to break. The z button only responds like 1 out of 5 times, and I've replaced the z button, and changed shells. Just about every other controller in my house has some major problem with it that keeps me from playing very well.

I need to buy a new one, but I don't want to spend another 35$. =\

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Oh **** Devastation is next weekend, I can't go. I have to be a wedding photographer on the 20th lol.

Kyle is Xander's friend who isn't much of a smash person but he's good at it. I know Jade and Enrique met him but I don't think you did Ty. You might have at Forrest's house, Kyle played Marth and wore glasses. I'm pretty sure Tommy never met him.

Xander the solution is easy, just play Captain Falcon.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
But how will he JCgrab without a Z button? (I'm not sure if it's possible with L/R+A. if it is it seems kind of unnecessary with all that extra work of not having a functioning Z button. Plus the extra chance of shielding on top of the chance of doing an uair.)

Edit: I love Rapedorf.

too bad I can't use his **** part. just lot's of dorfing.

That or I get rapedorf'd in rapedorf dittos.

tiits

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Results from 10 rank Cooper vs. 9 rank Nicknyte

3-0 Nicknyte

Note: Last kill was misfire. That is all. Better luck next time Cooper :D

I retain my spot ^_^

Also Ryan wants his name changed to Fail. Honestly, not BSing you.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Next Thursday, before Devastation we should have a smashfest. Also, since I'll be in town, what it be cool if I just crashed at your place again Ty?

Maybe we should do something this Saturday night, after the PnT tourney, because I'll be wanting to play some Melee.

moTT

Smash Cadet
What's up, everyone? I hail from SC, the state with a smash community that's barely in the double digits.. Wonder if I could break the top 15 in the power rankings..? I'm somewhere off of Speedway and Craycroft. Anything official as of recent?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Xander's (Ruby) house is on Speedway and Wilmot. Contact him, he's just a few feet away from you and good practice.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I'm thinking, what it be good if we put everyone's crossroads on the 1st post. Unless someone has a problem with out of course. I mean, direction to my house are on the 1st page. Maybe phone#'s too?

saetia-dtg

Smash Rookie
Sadly Guys, I'm way broke, so i dont think that I'll be going to devastation, and Im having some company on thursday evening/friday morning so I wont be able to house anyone :[ sorrryyyy.

AXE 09

Smash Master
ah poop! darn it jet4 lol. it's ok, i still love you.

since you can't take me.... is there anyone else willing to drive me and 2 other SV guys to Devastation if i were to meet you in tucson???? i'm willing to pay gas money

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Jackie: Yeah that is fine with me if the tournament ends at 6 PM. Piman34 said he has to head out to Phoenix after the tournament and is willing to let me sneak in the trunk to get there (Lost my passport so I thought I would just sneak past the border patrol). WINZ.

PS Jackie my flight arrives at 8:24 AM.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ah poop! darn it jet4 lol. it's ok, i still love you.

since you can't take me.... is there anyone else willing to drive me and 2 other SV guys to Devastation if i were to meet you in tucson???? i'm willing to pay gas money
I'll ask if my parents would be willing to drive up.

moTT

Smash Cadet
Man, it was great playing with you guys today (Ruby/NickNyte/Saetia-DTG/that young kid whose name I forgot). I loved how matches were back and forth (for the most part) the entire time I was playing against each of you. Did Forward end up showing up? Sucks that I had to dip out early.. Btw, how do I get in on this power rankings thing?

P.S. Nick, **** your misfires, LOL.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
yeah dude, nicknyte's misfires are pretty ********. yet, one of the most beautiful things to witness.

really, it's a 12.5% chance of NOT getting hit by a misfire when you play Elvis.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Forward, his brother, and jetfour all showed up.

Elvis spammed misfires, as usual. <3 WHAT THE F-BOOM. =D

Rusty challenged Luke for his spot, but Luke won, retaining his spot. Luke ***** Rusty with rests like the whole match, it was beautiful. Then Luke spammed fsmash with Marth g5. lol. Rusty needs to lrn2mindgame.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Ruby lost the N00b Gate match with me. Cept he is ahead of me in rank, so he still stays ahead of n00b rank.

Also, **** yea, misfires. :D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
In my defense, controller johns.

Dad fixed my controller, but it took me like an hour to get used to it again.

*Edit*

Dad's painting controllers now. He's got some sick paintings done at the moment. People should check them out tomorrow.

Top Bottom