• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TST III!!!! GET HYPE! Dates: August 16 and 17 Winnipeg MB

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
INTRODUCING.........

THAT SUMMER TOURNAMENT III: FIGHTING REMASTERED!

Don't worry though, the subtitle of the tournament won't actually be THAT long. Either way, it's another year and another summer. We need to get that annual Winnipeg tournament started up again. So start building hype as we have quite the games coming in. As you may know we will have the typical games that we play for tournaments. (Games are subject to change)

- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (HDRemix??)
- Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection (Provided we have the numbers)
- Smash Bros Brawl and Melee (Will not be held on the same day)

And introducing the new tournament that is entering and will hopefully draw a decent crowd....GUITAR HERO III!

Now making a comeback from way back.....Capcom vs. SNK 2!!!

Date: August 16/17th
Place: Science Lounge in Armes.

Directions can be found here

Entry Fee to the site: Free!!!!
Entry for the tournaments: 5 Dollars/Tournament (Singles), 10 Dollars/Tournament (Teams)

Schedule
Saturday

11AM: Open/registration 11AM
2PM: Super Smash Brothers Melee - Duong Phu
3PM: Capcom Vs SNK 2 - Matt Lehotsky
4PM: Guitar Hero 3 - James Kim
5PM: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Duong Phu
6PM: Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike Teams - Tyler Sanderson
7PM: Tekken 5:Dark Resurection - Matt Lehotsky

Sunday

12:Open/registration
2PM: Super Smash Brothers Brawl - Duong Phu
3PM: Guilty Gear:Accent Core - Matt Lehotsky
4PM: Soul Calibur 4 - Tyler Sanderson
6PM: Street Fighter 3:3rd Strike singles - James Kim

Rules for the games can be found here

We're expecting you guys to spread the news that TST III is coming soon. More to come in this thread, rules and regulations will also be posted.

We'll also be having tournament directors this year. This meaning the staff will be in charge of one game each or whatever, just so that we don't have multiple people coming to a person who has no idea what's going on.

So, there you have it guys, new tournament coming, you have all summer to train and practice. GET HYPE!

Update: Poster for the event; spread the word

1, 2

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
There are plenty of smashers around here. This isn't the first tournament we've run here. We're not as big as other places but we have some good players around. We usually get 25-30 people for melee atleast. Not sure about brawl yet. Its not a ton but there are some around.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Most of the active GTAers will most likely not show up to this due to the fact that they'd be at another tournament at this time.

Good luck attracting the West Coast smashers.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
**** guys. I got excited and told my mom about this tourneys and shes like "another one?" and then i scroll down the page and its in winnepeg or manitoba XD. wow. stos gotsssss headsfakeds

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
I just posted this up in hoping that other smashers in Manitoba will hear about it and come out. I'd be happy if others showed up to perhaps show the locals whats up but I'm not expecting people to travel. I really should have put Winnipeg into the title. If a mod could do that for me I'd be very appreciative.

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
Happening tomorrow. If you're in the city come on out. We always welcome new people.

Top Bottom