• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to find a secondary main.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey everyone.

I just want to say, Zelda/Sheik will always be the best characters. However, sometimes I just want to try something new. I've been trying out the other players, and apart from Samus/Zero Suit Samus, none of them really stand out.

So, who do you guys play with as well as Zelda? I want to find someone with a similar fighting style. I don't mind changes, but I'm used to Zelda's projectiles, spikes, etc...

If you were going to choose someone besides Zelda/Sheik to play with, who would you choose?

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
There is nobody like zelda / sheik.. she is extermely unique.
That being said, I have fun playing with ike sometimes.

Mostly because you dont have to be that great at him to beat moderate players.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
hmmm. I agree with sFoster. Maybe Lucario? For some reason he reminds me of Zelda. I really don't know for sure.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Eh, I play with Marth and Metaknight as well. But someone like Zelda... your best bet would probably be Rob, though lemme come back when I'm more awake and give thought to it then XD

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently trying to train Peach and Fox, though if I could choose a chara to get better with it would be Wolf, however my patience with him hasn't been the best. I find switching over to peach relatively easy, though the lack of decent ko moves is bothersome =\. I'm too used to Zelda's edge game that I want another character I feel I can do the same with...havent' found that yet....

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I use Ness, Lucas, and Dedede. There really is no one in Brawl who plays like anyone else. This startling diversity, even from clones. Is part of what makes Brawl really fun.

With that said, I'd say Lucas would be your best bet in most similar to Zelda. He's much faster, and his tilts are weaker, but the PK effect is very Zelda-esque. In addition he has crazy powerful smashes and is all around a fun character.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
yes you can. it's like my mom, she mixes diet coke with normal coke. She can't quite suffer the way diet coke tastes, but she leaves half in because she wants to be skinny.

So, the opening poster wants something new, but wants to cut it in half with something he can stand.

I recommend ness. His bair reminds me of Zelda's Bair. and he's just a fun character.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Well let's see aside from Zelda I use Link, Snake, and Toon Link the most. Like Zelda they all seem to have some sort of projectile. Oh yes and they all kickass.:bee:

Anyway as sFoster said she's unique as is everyone, so no one will be exactly like her. Though really if I had to choose and attempted to match up similarities. I would go with Snake. Like Zelda he has projectiles, decent recovery, a move that needs to be sweetspotted to spike (fair), he's somewhat slow, has crazy powerful moves like Zelda (use the Utilt lol), and well he's just as awesome as her (my opinion mind you) lol. In reality they're a lot different playstyle wise but both are fun and take some time to use effectively. Well of course unless you're the type of person who spams one move :p. Hehe just kidding.

Good luck deciding on a secondary :D.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Seriously, Snake is like, the manliest of men, and Zelda fits the role of womanliest of women. However, Snake and Zelda hooking up... that would be awkward.

ThReAtEnEd

Smash Rookie
my second main to zelda is pikachu for what it counts..idk i had an easier time getting a hang of pika and pika's thundershock attack is almost similar to my approaches with zelda. also i can still up b mindgames with both, although it's a little tougher with pika xD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Tsuteto have a cookie. That made me chuckle.

I recommend going for someone who is the opposite of Zelda. THat can cover the weaknesses she has.
I like using Zelda as one of my other mains sinceshe can do what Sonic cannot.

She has priority.
Great defensive game(not that Sonic cannot play defensively but that he benefits more from offense and some characters are better to face defensively)
Can kill early.
So on and so forth.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, Snake is like, the manliest of men, and Zelda fits the role of womanliest of women. However, Snake and Zelda hooking up... that would be awkward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G14tcX4cIQ

This is only obligatory.

Personally, I find Meta Knight and Zelda work rather well, and have some of the best of both sides of the spectrum. Nimble and KOing early, or slower, heavier, and KOs even earlier with a wide variety of attacks. One has a projectile to use, the other can destroy many of them.

And you really can't go wrong with Meta Knight, seeing how he has advantages over the majority of the cast.

Yes, I use Zelda as a secondary, probably close with Kirby.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm becoming quite fond of MK and Toon Link.

I have this thing where I pick a character because of how much I like them instead of how good they are as a fighter. Stupid, I know. : P

I can't stand Peach. She was actually pretty funny in SSE, but that **** Final Smash of hers. I don't play with Final Smashes, but ****! What is that crap!?

I used to play with Mario in Melee but he got really boring. Fludd. What a waste.

Snake is cool, but he's just not my type.

Marth is cool. He just seems really weak. It's impossible to get low-percentage KOs with him.

I do like Lucas. He is insanely strong. That U-Smash of his. I really like Toon Link's low-gravity playability. It's just hard to get used to.

As for the Star Fox clan, Wolf really pisses me off. Falco got really heavy, and kinda weak. Fox is alright, I suppose.

Well, we've narrowed it down. Toon Link, Star Fox and MetaKnight. Weeeee.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Marth: short hop fair - fair - sh fair - fair - sh fair - fair - fsmash

And yes, it is possible.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I have way too many secondaries but Wolf is my 2nd option. I have just a little less fun as when I'm playing as Zelda/Sheik. I've got Mario, who I've been using since SSB64 and I just can give the plumber up. I've got DDD because it amuses me to squash people with Fsmash. Lastly I've got Wario just because he's ridiculous.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
lol if i dont say snake then im cheating
um zelda is my second with ike and main marth
they dont have to relate to be your seconds. just get the character you enjoy the most and play him without caring about the tier list
i just randomly chose zelda and thought she was realy fun so i played her more and more until i decided to second her

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Really a hard choice to say, but if you want somebody that comes close to Zelda's playstyle, I would suggest Snake? *shrug* To me he "seems" (notice the apostraves, people) somewhat similiar to Zelda, the spikes, the projectiles, but don't quote me on that suggestion, Zelda really is unique.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
The Ice Climbers are my secondary.
However, I very rarely stray away from Zelda to actually choose them.

FirebyrdXX

Smash Cadet
I main Zelda, then DDD, then Diddy. None of them play the same, not even close. Ness and Lucas seem the most similar to Zelda. Sweetspots, projectiles, floatiness, disjointed hitboxes and power.

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
yes i also use zero suit samus, and marth, because i played him in melee.
of course, i am a zelda fan, so i ll go and try toon link out, when brawl will be sold in europe.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm set on Zamus and Samus.

Like I said before somewhere, I seem to have a thing for women with Z names, that have been confused for men with S names. It helps if they have whips and 5 letters in their name, of course.

Top Bottom