• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Brian you still have my tv lol.

someone give Cori a ride. tournaments always need moar ladies.

does anyone want to drive with me to a used store and start buying CRT TVs? me/john should be able to store them.

:phone:

Rizner

Smash Ace
Hey, what time would I have to leave Phoenix to get here for (brawl) doubles? Also I currently have at least one spot, maybe two in my car so if someone needs a ride message me.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Hey, what time would I have to leave Phoenix to get here for (brawl) doubles? Also I currently have at least one spot, maybe two in my car so if someone needs a ride message me.
Allow 3hrs of travel time so you have time to set up, warm up, and dig $1 out of your pocket with numb hands.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
FTF hit the nail on the head.

We'll be aiming for 12 noon doubles so yeah.

John and I are going to re-work the schedule to fit in Project M doubles. We will have more information in about a day or two. Stay tuned for more details.

We will announce details soon.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
lmk if that second spot is still up for grabs

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Hey, I could probably give you both a ride if you don't mind 3 in a backseat. Still figuring out where to have people meet, but it'd be both of you, me, K9 and GV7

Where are you both at?
we're both in tempe. gem (goateeguy) is at asu, and i'm 2 miles away from that

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
John hasn't made any edits he'd like to yet, but I want to give you guys a rough idea at least of what's going down. Please note that stuff is still subject to change.

Announcement

Scheduled Times (trying something new):
11:00 AM Set-up, Doors open
12:00 PM Brawl/Melee Doubles Start
1:30 PM Brawl Singles Start
1:30 PM Melee Singles Start
4:00 PM LUNCH/DINNER BREAK
5:00 PM Lunch/Dinner Break ENDS
5:00 PM Project M Singles Start
5:00 PM Project M Doubles Start Concurrently
9:00 PM Crews or Whatever Other Event We Decide On Using Venue Fee

Money Fees: (though unlikely, subject to change)
Venue Fee: $1*
Melee/Brawl/Project M** Doubles: $4/team
Singles Melee/Brawl: $5
Project M: $2**

*Waived if you bring a full set-up that will be used
**Project M fees may end up being free (with no money involved), no questions on this for now

Additional Rules:
-If you have a match and you do not come when called, you will be DQ'd. The only exception is if you are in another tournament.

Other Notes:
-If an event has less than 8 players (or 4 teams), we will cancel the event exactly 30 minutes after the event is supposed to start.
-If an event has started, you will be unable to enter the event unless you tell me well in advance (that is, by Friday afternoon).*
-Venue Fee will go towards whatever event we decide on.
-Doubles for all events will be a straight double elimination bracket.
-We would appreciate it if you brought smaller bills. It makes things easier for us.
-We will collect all fees when you walk in.
-10% of the Melee and Brawl pot will go towards 1st and 2nd place in the amateur bracket. (as long as there are ample set ups)

*The exception to this is if you are an unseeded player, you may enter an event as long as there are still Bye's left. If you 'are' seeded however, you will not be able to enter the event as that requires moving seeding around.

oksas

oak-sauce
oh yeah. sorry. forgot the edits. i'll post some general uh, guidelines and stuff later, usual *****ing about being nice to my house etc

oksas

oak-sauce
okey here goes

if you are coming to the tournament please read this or else!!!!!!

- bring setups; i only have so many setups at my house so if you want to be able to play a lot and make the tourney worthwhile, then you betta bring stuff to play on
- bring chairs and tables if you can
- power strips and extension cords can never hurt
- be nice to my house because my 5 roommates don't like smash
- be nice to my room especially
- no shoes on my poor furniture please :'(
- throw your trash away
- we are going to DQ you if you wake up at 2 o clock and expect to still get into melee singles <3 <3
- throw your trash away
- the 9 PM event we should decide on by vote imo but i really want to try rat's ridiculous rumble

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I think we'll likely decide on the event at the tournament a little before it starts. That way we get a proper representation for it. Cast ideas now though.

So far we have:
-Rat's Ridiculous Rumble
-Around The World Stupid Tai
-Draft Crews (In either Melee or Project M...sorry Brawl...but you guys can vote for Project M if you want it to happen)
-Random Doubles (teammates are paired up by placing in singles {1/16, 2/15, 3/14, etc.} or perhaps simply randomly)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
-Rat's Ridiculous Rumble
-Draft Crews (In either Melee or Project M)
-Random Doubles (teammates are paired up by placing in singles {1/16, 2/15, 3/14, etc.} or perhaps simply randomly)
-All Falcon Tourney
-Low Tier Tourney

Rizner

Smash Ace
-Rat's Ridiculous Rumble
-Draft Crews (In either Melee or Project M)
-All Falcon Tourney
-Low Tier Tourney
What is a Rat's Ridiculous Rumble? Also would the non-draft crew ideas be brawl?

For now I'd vote Random Doubles

OkamiBW said:
Description of Rat's Rumble and whatnot
Ahh, seems interesting. Still gonna keep my vote for random doubles. Doubles so good.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Brawlers may have a Brawl side event if they want, but we won't put the venue fee towards it.

Rat's Ridiculous Rumble
The Rules
This is Sakurai's dream - a FFA tournament.
The tournament will be a modified Swiss format - Each round players will be placed randomly into groups of 3 or 4.

One Group will play 3 games:
2 Normal Games
1 Bonus Game

A Normal Game Rules:
4 Stock FFA.
Items set to High. (See Item list below)
8 Minute Timer.
In case of a time out, the game will be decided by super sudden death.

Character Selection is done quadruple blind.
The first stage is Random. (See Random Stage list.)

For the second normal round. The last placed person and the second to last placed person decide upon a stage. As a general rule don't be a ****. If someone really wants to play on a stage let them.

In a normal Round Points are scored as followed.
1st (last person standing) - 5
2nd - 3
3rd - 1
4th - 0
Most Kills (ties go to both players) - 2 Points

Bonus Round
A bonus round is a randomly determined bonus game. Each player in the group participates in the bonus round.

These are the bonus rounds (please make suggestions, as I will add any idea you have to the list.):
See Rat's Thread

After enough rounds there will be a cut to the Top 4 players (those with the most points.)

They will compete in 1 Final Round.

The Final Round and Payout
In the Final Round there will be 1 Normal Round and one Final Bonus Round.

Payout
The Final FFA
30% - 1st
15% - 2nd
5% - 3rd
$1 -4th

50% will be given to the Winners of the Final Bonus Round.
The Final Bonus Round

You will be given a Score Card. Keep track of your points on this card. Don't cheat. If you are caught cheating you will be DQ'd.

Neutral Stage List
[hide]Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland
FD
Battlefield[/hide]

Banned Stages
[hide]Mute City
FoD
any other stage that lags[/hide]

Item List
[hide]These Items are always turned off:
Maxim Tomato
Heart Container
Starman
Cloaking Device

I need some advice on this list. Hammer seems ok because it actually sucks. Food is alright because it only heals a bit. Worried about the Fan, as it's super broken. How about Pokeballs?[/hide]

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
DQ? Ha. You need to be stricter. Ban them from all future OkamiBW tournaments in Tucson.

The only tournament I've ever hosted at my house was the All-Falcon side tournament. Oh, memories.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
DQ? Ha. You need to be stricter. Ban them from all future OkamiBW tournaments in Tucson.

The only tournament I've ever hosted at my house was the All-Falcon side tournament. Oh, memories.
I'm pretty sure that at the end of the tournament everyone's gonna be banned from future official OkamiBW tournaments.

oksas

oak-sauce
to everyone:

if you are going to want to not sit on the floor, bring chairs
also, if you are going to want to not have tvs on the floor, bring tables

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my vintage throne and pink ivory pedestal.

And I just accidentally found out that ctrl+I works for italics in the Smashboards box, wow.

oksas

oak-sauce
seriously we really need setups, chairs, tables

also change of plans this time, we're gonna have everyone come in this door along 4th street, rather than the door along euclid. the euclid door you can still use but for the most part try and come in this door

http://i.imgur.com/Kqw66.png

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Can anyone pick me up from Oracle and Limberlost at 2:30 PM? I don't have the car Saturday, and I will not be able to enter any event if I'm forced to take the bus.

520-977-2254 if anyone can help. Thanks.

Top Bottom