• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

oksas

oak-sauce
Btw i was curious about housing, I was gonna stay at a hotel after the event but if someone wants to house me it comes with the condition that im coming to the tournament with my wife and baby son (who is now 7 weeks old). He stays really quiet but its really up to whoever might not mind housing me? anyone up for it?

Also if you guys need setups i can bring 2 wii's but no tv's unfortunately.
setups are always welcome!

you and your family would be also welcome. i've got a queen bed and a couch that folds down into a bed, but i imagine the couch would be a bit small for two so i can slap on some fresh sheets and let you have the bed. if you get a better offer or decide you'd still rather a hotel, no offense taken heh

i'm gonna try to leave by like noon sunday morning to go elsewhere and get homework and projects done, so anyone that stays would have to be out by then, but my offer stands nonetheless

Adrostos

Smash Rookie
Oksasoglu i really appreciate that offer. Id be leaving the morning after, i mainly just didnt want to have to put my son in a car seat really late at night when he should be sleeping in a more peaceful situation.

Ill be glad to take you up on that offer :)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
They say there's no hope of winning. That you'll just get 4-stocked again and again no matter what you do. Makes a normal person want to just curl up and die. But me? I keep fighting. I want to live. And if I can't live...

Yippie-try-eh!

oksas

oak-sauce
IF YOU'RE COMING TO THE TOURNEY PLEASE READ THIS

i live in a house with 5 other dudes and most of them aren't really keen on smashing, so please please please do your best to be nice to my house. i'll put the trash out in the kitchen so you can throw your **** away, like mcdonald's drinks and all that. once we get to like 11 (at which point all oficially matches damn well better be done) and if you're still here, please please try to not yell or nga all over the place. if you gotta rage or nga then you can just walk out the door and do it outside on the empty street, kiraflax style. if you happen to spill anything on the carpet or whatnot then let me know and i'll take care of it, etc etc, no big deal. we've got two bathrooms in the house but if we can help it i'm going to keep everyone confined to just my bathroom so that my roommates don't have to deal with having 30 people using their bathroom. on that note, please be nice to my toilet. no diarrhea splashes plz

that is all

OH YEAH ALSO bring setups and tvs, we're gonna need em. folding chairs would be sweet too, anything to sit on, or any little tables for tvs. i'll setup everything as best i can using what i've got but bring stuff

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
damn, México on his way to this tourney, a friend of mine is now in Nogales, AZ ... Idk if he will make at time to melee singles... Hope that...

oksas

oak-sauce
damn, México on his way to this tourney, a friend of mine is now in Nogales, AZ ... Idk if he will make at time to melee singles... Hope that...
you'll be fine mate. i guess that makes this tourney an international huh!!!!!

adro: damn dude, sorry to hear that. you're always welcome though

P.S. When you inevitably get mad at someone for the tournament starting late (as I think Brawl will), make sure that the people you get mad at and the people who are late are the same people. There is no tourney without players. -OkamiBW

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Did he play with some good players? ... He is maybe the best fox here and 5th in all Sonora
Idk about Pablo (I'm sure someone else can tell you), but the other guy was in my pool.

He seeded *fourth behind Axe & Tai. He made it into bracket, and I think he would've done pretty well.

*fixed

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Paul played vs Me/GG7 in pools.

Took a game off both of us. Got 4th seed. Our pool was crazy stacked. He was one game away from not even making it out.

Was GG7/Me/Wes (a phoenix falco player)/Pablo

@AppleApple:

It was top 4 make it out. Jose was 4th seed.

Pablo was wrecking face in Project M, though. I was one of the few players to beat him.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Paul played vs Me/GG7 in pools.

Took a game off both of us. Got 4th seed. Our pool was crazy stacked. He was one game away from not even making it out.

Was GG7/Me/Wes (a phoenix falco player)/Pablo

@AppleApple:

It was top 4 make it out. Jose was 4th seed.

Pablo was wrecking face in Project M, though. I was one of the few players to beat him.
Oops, my bad.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I love it when the Mexican players visit us. They're always solid players without any bad habits. They just need to get used to more unorthodox techniques, then they'll be amazing! And visiting AZ is the best place to get used to shenanigans.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
I love it when the Mexican players visit us. They're always solid players without any bad habits. They just need to get used to more unorthodox techniques, then they'll be amazing! And visiting AZ is the best place to get used to shenanigans.
As tai pointed out, Pablo does pointless jumps alot. But other than that he was a monster. I didn't get to play Jose, but my set with pablo was the closest tourney set I've ever had. Tell him to come back soon! Also his PM fox was crazy. I didn't even get close to winning lol

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Tai's conceptually immature and does not realize the potency of an aerial Star Fox.
Maybe I want some fried chicken right now.
Damn, I'm hungry.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
oh, no, i understand the potency of an aerial fox loud and clear. my fox on autopilot spams fullhop bairs and drills all day

i just also know how to punish it when someone does it too much

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
lol I don't actually think you're bad, I was just looking for an excuse to say conceptually immature.
I could really go for some fried chicken and beer right now. And maybe some Yu-Gi-Oh!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Dang I really wish I got to play the Mexican players more. Unfortunately I only got to play them after pools started, so I couldn't play any friendlies. One of them really really wanted to play me in 1 friendly before he had to leave because we hadn't played yet, so we played for 1 stock and that was it (so my apologies Okami, cuz I think I made you kinda upset when you saw me playing a friendly during pools).

Nevertheless, it was great seeing everyone at this tournament, especially the Mexican players. I really really really hope you guys make it out here more often because I want to play you guys a lot more.

I actually saw a lot of faces that I didn't recognize, which made me happy cuz I love seeing new people :)

GGs to everyone I played against. Especially you, Kyle. Both of our sets went 3-2. Very close matches. You've come a very long way :)

Taj, thank you so much for coming and making the tourney awesome as usual. You freakin rock.

@Tim & Smurf: Hopefully I'll see you guys before Apex lol

Oh and Jackie..... your Ike freakin sucks in PM lol. You're so bad, omg.

EDIT:

Oh and next time maybe I won't enter brawl when there's such a big turnout, cuz I know that made me hold up the bracket a lot of times. Melee is way cooler :p And PM too. I actually like PM :) (not as much as Melee though. Melee4lyfe!)

PabloMex!

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Pablo, I'm very happy to have met them all. I would like too keep going to tournaments in the USA. I need to practice a bit more English haha. I had fun and I hope to go to other tournaments.

When is the next tournament?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Next tournament is likely going to be December 1st, but it will be an interim tournament. That is, $2 venue fee and you can enter as many events as you like (no prize). The earnings will go to Oksas for allowing us to use his venue (and electricity) so graciously. We'll probably have some oddball types. I'll have to go over the details with him.

The true normal tourney will most likely be on December 15th. Once again, I will need to talk to Oksas about dates and scheduling as his house is the current official venue (due to the TV Lounge becoming part of the Games Room...yay school politics).

Top Bottom