• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True or false: While transforming you are invulnerable?

Megasabin

Smash Rookie
I read this somewhere but haven't seen any proof to back it up. Can anyone comment on it?

mad_max

Smash Cadet
I hope so, because the transformation takes a ridiculously long time in brawl.

DuranBlack

Smash Rookie
I think she is! Because I was watching a match and while Zelda transformed into Sheik it took about 5 seconds longer than it does in Melee and she has this hazy mist around her and no one could damage her.

S2

Smash Lord
Let's hope you get invincible frames. Can someone with the game give us an exact answer?

She probably is vulnerable coming out of the move though.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
Hmm, another question would be can Sheik transform in the respawning platform like the pokemons. That would be helpful.

Storm101

Smash Cadet
It doesn't take 5 seconds. I've been watching some vids and it's only slightly longer than in Melee. There was a video that showed it to take quite a while but it was a demo.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've actually played and can tell you. The Transform takes a ridiculously long time to do either way. Easily twice as long as the Melee transforms. The Transformation into Sheik takes slightly longer than the one back into Zelda. And yes, you are indeed vulnerable when coming out of the move.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i know in melle you cant be hit at what i would say is the VERY middle of the transformation for like 1-2 frames. and i have actually used this a couple time in matches with success.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
In brawl you have like 2 seconds of invincible frames because, like ryoko said, the transformation takes a very long time.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
The transformation takes so long in Brawl because zelda has to put in boob implants while transforming. And vice versa for sheik.

S2

Smash Lord
It is a long time if you want to say, change when your opponent isn't getting KOd.

Actually, I'm fairly certain it takes longer now because the game is loading the other character off the disc. As opposed to Melee, where both were loaded the whole time.

That's probably due to the increased programming challanges of Brawl. Characters like Olimar with his pikmin and IC are more taxing on the system. The game has to run smoothly in all situations. Including moments having 4 of the zanier characters on something like Big Blue, with items on high, a character using an FS, and a graphic intensive pokeball or AT all at the same time.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
You get invincibility frames, but it's nothing a good player can't just sit through and wait with a charged smash for. I'd recommend switching when nobody has a chance to land one of those heavy-hitting smashes against you (especially if you're playing against a character like Ike, Dedede, Ganondorf or Bowser)

Fast and Furious

Smash Rookie
Even if you aren't invincible, it shouldn't be a problem if you create some distance between you and your opponents. You can:
-Run
-Smash your opponent a safe distance away
-Transform in midair
-Teleport a safe distance away

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
what's the time limit on kirby's air ride can you use a transform to avoid the whole thing?

Top Bottom