• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tristate Gaming - SSBM Tournament - Elmsford, NY - 3/11/07

Nintendude

Smash Hero
When:
Sunday, March 11, 2007, 2:00 PM

Where:
The Gaming Theater at Sportime USA
380 Saw Mill River Rd.
Elmsford , NY 10523
914-592-0111

Description:
TGT and TOURNAMENT SUNDAY PRESENTS:

"New Smash City" (Yes, that's what MJ is calling it)

The tournament will be 1v1 - Double Elimination
$20 Entry Fee
Free 2v2 tournament for all singles participants.

Tournament will be held @
THE GAMING THEATER
380 Saw Mill River Rd.
Inside Sportime USA
Elmsford, NY 10523

www.thegamingtheater.com/events.html
914-592-0111

WINNERS GET 50% OF THE POT

70% to First Place, 30% to Second Place
(i.e. if $400 POT, $200 gets divided into $140 for First Place and $60 for Second Place)

Rules:
MLG Rules, but if you end up playing a newb (and there usually are a few) it doesn't really matter. We all know what is fair and what isn't fair, and if you have a question just ask someone reputable.

Sets are best of 3.
Winners/Losers finals are best of 5.
Grand Finals are best of 5, but if you are coming from the loser's bracket you need to win two best of 5 sets.

For more information about future TGT events see: http://lanparty.meetup.com/150/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Chris showed up last time and owned us all in everything. Reject came out of nowhere to take 2nd though. Will he return with another strong performance?

PLEASE BRING GCNS/SSBM DISCS!!!
List of stuff:

The Gaming Theater: 3 GCNs / 2 SSBMs
Soan: 1 GCN / 1 SSBM
Total: 4 GCNs / 3 SSBMs

If you can bring stuff then post it and I'll add you to the list. We can have at most 8 stations, and hopefully we will have that many. TVs are already taken care of by the venue. One thing to be aware of is that not all of these stations will be used for tournament matches, due to lack of chairs (and room for chairs), but more GCNs means more friendlies, which means more fun in the end.

Unfortunately, I have something really important to do on the 11th so I won't be coming this time.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I guess these are becoming sort of a tri-weekly event? I'll be there though. Nintendude I'm watching out for you this time.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I guess these are becoming sort of a tri-weekly event? I'll be there though. Nintendude I'm watching out for you this time.
Yeah, it's pretty much a triweekly. Sometimes it's 2 or 4 weeks between them though. Also, read the last thing I wrote in the first post. I'm not entering this time.

And, results with the full brackets are up in the Tournament Results board if you haven't seen them yet. The ones I had quickly posted before leaving were wrong, so be sure to check it out.

LIBF

Smash Cadet
I'm coming, been practicing even more then before too. Reject I'm not going to let you bait me with that ****ed peach of yours this time :p.

And I hope PC chris comes even if he's going to take 1st, I learned more in 8 for-fun matches against him then I do against almost anyone else.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I would be proud to announce due to the release of the NY State Power Rankings.... that BarBino and RuBar should be hitting this one up... this tournament is gonna be full of AvalanchE members.... Reject, Sol, Ky, Phish, BarBino, RuBar... who else will show up from this amazing Crew, maybe some Underclassmen...

Who's ready for AE?

phish-it

Smash Champion
I would be proud to announce due to the release of the NY State Power Rankings.... that BarBino and RuBar should be hitting this one up... this tournament is gonna be full of AvalanchE members.... Reject, Sol, Ky, Phish, BarBino, RuBar... who else will show up from this amazing Crew, maybe some Underclassmen...

Who's ready for AE?
Finally you guys are picking it up! Is Bar coming what? We'll probably end up all taking each other out of this tournament, being that AE will probably be half the people there.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Not sure if BAR is gonna attend any tourney's... that's up in the air... but I know that RuBar said that he is def gonna go to the next tourney I decide to go to... and I picked this one and he said that he's gonna talk to his moms and make sure he can go

Sol

Smash Lord
well we will try to come but not sure cause we are holding our own tournament the day before this

Nintendude

Smash Hero
MJ posted up the event on his forum and it says free 2v2 tournament, so this time it's a free 2v2 instead of a free low tier.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'll see if me and my other KF members can come to this. I haven't been to this tournament since the first one where I got 2nd. Bowser all dai, everyday!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So far I've only came to one of these due to parents *****ing. Since this ones on a Sunday and at the beginning of my spring break, there's a high chance I might make this one.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I agree with Sol, since AvalanchE is having a tourney on the Saturday before this tourney, we may or may not show.. I for one am gonna try to make it... Being how i def wanna attend one of these.. but it also depends on how late our Tourney runs too as well...

phish-it

Smash Champion
No, you don't. Just to let you know Bailey, teams is free, which means it isn't taken very serious.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
KF might still hit this up, hopefully. We just won our bi-weekly (teams) so we're itching to try to win more dinero, lol.

The Bino

Smash Lord
For me its up in the air for right now, depends on how the AvalanchE tourney goes, i was shorted over $200 outta my paycheck so im kinda pissed and wanna make sure i got enough for bills and so forth

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Considering I just woke up, the tourney already started, and im still drunk, im not making it to New Paltz, so I'll definitely be in Elmsford tomorrow.

Sol

Smash Lord
i might go to thsi seing is that i won 300 dollars today, why no try and win some more

Top Bottom