• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tripping

Veril

Frame Savant
If there is a reliable way to force trips other than d-air and we know the % it works at this would be extremely useful.

Trips lead into lots of damage and allow for easy rests and charged rollouts.

We have an idea of what trips, but we don't have the exact % or a detailed strategy.

Discuss. Contribute, plz.

JIGGLYPUFF: these are the % at which Jiggs can trip Bowser with specific attacks. I don't know if they are accurate. They were found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149978

A: 236-267
ftilt: 28-34
dash: 12-17
fsmash: 7-10
?dsmash: 4-999
nair: 18-24 (wiener) 85-98
bair: 24-30
?dair: 65-162
fair: (wiener) 80-93

In regards to landing rest, soft n-air, soft f-air and the drill are the most useful. Soft n-air can combo directly into rest on Bowser with falldashing. According to this it works at % that will KO on many levels.

This would be good info to have on the rest of the cast:
f-tilt %
soft n-air %
d-air %
soft f-air %

Metatitan

Smash Master
well it seems the only two moves that can cause tripping at higher percents are down smash and sourspot fair. Unless downsmash's lag is too much for us to get a charged rollout or a dacus in then it seems that our only use for tripping would be drill rest =/

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
F-tilt aimed down trips, and at lower %'s you can do it two or three times, usually one of those causes a trip.
I used this in a friendlies match and it is actually really good.

Veril

Frame Savant
interesting. I updated the first page with what I think it would be useful to know.

That thread is next to useless beyond letting us know the most viable moves to test.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hmm... good thinking with the trips...

Normally when you trip someone, you don't expect it, and you react in the way that you would need to react if they didn't trip, which could make it pretty difficult to punish it well... you may be able to get a grab or dash attack in but I think it'd be difficult to connect with a rest or something like that.

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's pretty much why Dair isn't viable for trip to Rollout.

However, if they trip on their own and you happen to be in an okay position, Rollout wrecks. I'd wager it's one of the best tech chase moves in the game, too ****ing bad we can't force tech chases. (I'm trying to find ways, but sometimes you gotta know when to give it up)

Options - Response
Roll away -> Hit them with Rollout when vulnerable at the end of their roll. (Learn the timing)
Roll towards -> Turn around Rollout (or normal, if they don't get behind you)
Getup attack -> Wait for it to end. Rollout. If you're feeling gutsy, turnaround for invincibility frames and hit them during it.
Instant get up -> Rollout (lol)
Stay down -> Rollout when they're vulnerable.

And there ya go. It's too bad we can't force the situation though, as if they're in kill percent it's pretty much guaranteed.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Just footstool. Footstool > dair > footstool > nair. It usually trips or it leads to an fair.

It only trips at certain percentages though, and I don't know those percentages. At higher I fair and that leads to a kill.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
No flaming this phrase: A well timed d-tilt (tip) can trip.

Any way, there is no good way to trip an opponent (unless you are MK) They can just roll the other way before you get them. With jiggs, all his "trip moves" are too slow and not reliable. Lol this needs a lot of testing but I see potential.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Can you grab-release Ness/Lucas into a d-tilt, or set it up in any way?
Their legs are so short, that im not shure if they will trip xD.

Grab releses are good ways to get extra hitstun on your opponent. We should test D-tilt grab release combos. It may have a use after all.

Top Bottom