• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Ash! An incredibly tasty morsel! This mix brings some juicy new delights to this fan of your first triforce mix (nontaunt).
Some pros and cons MUST be highlighted in hopes, ash, that you may implement them somehow.

First, the cons:
--I feel that ganons Uair kick was much more reliable and, though Ill admit that bringing back t-sword was a good call for sweet spot fans, in the end that knockback was more useful.
--The new Dspecial hinders his recovery game with the removal of warlock kick
--this is purely aesthetical, but the side smash seems to lag a touch (though this could be due to the original animations issues as well)
--dunno if the new up smash is an improvement over that devastating wisdom uppercut...
--the new a,a combo feels too slow and a large part of me feels like it was necessary to have a quick means of countering those faster threats, which you gave with the original mix's a,a,a jab
--this one is just nitpicking, but i liked the dash tackle better than the dash stab
--finally, i feel like the inclusion of the two-sword taunt was cool but it didn't translate very well into the neutral B animation, and since it's purely aesthetic, i'd recommend removing it altogether

The pros!
--AWESOME new down smash! incredible!!!
--the Uspecial is back! really loved having that teleport in a ganon mix, i always felt like that was one of the best parts of your taunt-based triforce ganon. it allowed for ganon to have some great air game and your nerf of it makes it much more viable for my competitive buds
--ALL of his air attack animations look way better, much more refined
--the finished sheathe looks awesome, anyway you can work the gerudo blade that pat likes into the PAC file?
--this may sound silly, but I think the coolest change is simply his idle stance... I almost yelped when I saw that iron horse-esque pose. badass

Again, these are just opinions from one of your humble fans. If anything, I would love it if you could manage to tweak your original mix so that it has this new idle stance and down smash! I know you just put some serious time into this but I'd love to see if you could do that for me

Also, thanks again! Your hard work is felt in the heart and (voids of) souls of all of us ganon fans! :D

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Ooh nice, a new triforce ganon. I am gonna use the melee sword on this! i just have to export the model you gave me...

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Wow, Ash! An incredibly tasty morsel! This mix brings some juicy new delights to this fan of your first triforce mix (nontaunt).
Some pros and cons MUST be highlighted in hopes, ash, that you may implement them somehow.

First, the cons:
--I feel that ganons Uair kick was much more reliable and, though Ill admit that bringing back t-sword was a good call for sweet spot fans, in the end that knockback was more useful.
--The new Dspecial hinders his recovery game with the removal of warlock kick
--this is purely aesthetical, but the side smash seems to lag a touch (though this could be due to the original animations issues as well)
--dunno if the new up smash is an improvement over that devastating wisdom uppercut...
--the new a,a combo feels too slow and a large part of me feels like it was necessary to have a quick means of countering those faster threats, which you gave with the original mix's a,a,a jab
--this one is just nitpicking, but i liked the dash tackle better than the dash stab
--finally, i feel like the inclusion of the two-sword taunt was cool but it didn't translate very well into the neutral B animation, and since it's purely aesthetic, i'd recommend removing it altogether

The pros!
--AWESOME new down smash! incredible!!!
--the Uspecial is back! really loved having that teleport in a ganon mix, i always felt like that was one of the best parts of your taunt-based triforce ganon. it allowed for ganon to have some great air game and your nerf of it makes it much more viable for my competitive buds
--ALL of his air attack animations look way better, much more refined
--the finished sheathe looks awesome, anyway you can work the gerudo blade that pat likes into the PAC file?
--this may sound silly, but I think the coolest change is simply his idle stance... I almost yelped when I saw that iron horse-esque pose. badass

Again, these are just opinions from one of your humble fans. If anything, I would love it if you could manage to tweak your original mix so that it has this new idle stance and down smash! I know you just put some serious time into this but I'd love to see if you could do that for me

Also, thanks again! Your hard work is felt in the heart and (voids of) souls of all of us ganon fans! :D
@ Ashingda Ashingda
I have to agree with a few points;

-Wiz Kick (or preferably your "Wiz-Spin") would be better for recovery.
-And although I like the warp, I do much prefer the Meteor Fist/ground punch Up B from the last version (with some quake hitbox when he hits the ground it would be even better).
-the last version power mode A,A,A jab combo was better.
-Fsmash is awesome! but a little less "lag" on the animation would be better.

Cant wait to see what you are gonna do with TWO swords!!! I'll have more suggestions once I test this against some human opponents.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
@ cramazzratazz cramazzratazz
@ Jmanthesmasher683 Jmanthesmasher683
Hey I wrote a tutorial on importing the Gerudo sword onto the model. It includes ganon's default skin, the two sword models and the texture. Although this tutorial is simplified the preparation is still rather inconvenient I'll see if a tutorial on that as well is possible.

Thanks for the feedback guys it always to help generates new ideas and fixes.
Thanks, i just followed your tutorial and it helped a lot!

Edit: I tried it out, but the sword was still invisible, even though it looked right on brawlbox. I do not know what I did wrong...

Last edited:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
@ Jmanthesmasher683 Jmanthesmasher683
Hey I wrote a tutorial on importing the Gerudo sword onto the model. It includes ganon's default skin, the two sword models and the texture. Although this tutorial is simplified the preparation is still rather inconvenient I'll see if a tutorial on that as well is possible.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7l4qko3dm86vba/Tutorial Import.zip

Thanks for the feedback guys it always to help generates new ideas and fixes.
You know what will fit better with the gerudo sword, Amelee ganondorf model made for this moveset to match it

TheLazy

Smash Cadet

- I agree with the original U-air being more versatile, at least more so than the thunder sword. This has mostly to do with the very long recovery animation after the execution. The upper cut seems fine though.
- Also can agree that the F-smash is a bit too slow and maybe a little bit for the U-smash as well.

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_

- I do like that there is a difference in D-special between the ground and the air. But perhaps for recovery purposes, perhaps implementing a way to go into a spinning move by performing the move again with a certain amount of frames after the initial input? Might be overpowered though. To add, the B-air can still be used decently to recover.

@ Ashingda Ashingda

- What about adding damage to U-special in the purple smoke once the warp is complete? Also was it intentional to be able to jump after using U-special when done on the ground?
- As for the Jab combo, perhaps a very small speed increase in the animation for the first attack? I actually do like this move more than in the last version.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda
I have to agree with a few points;

-Wiz Kick (or preferably your "Wiz-Spin") would be better for recovery.
-And although I like the warp, I do much prefer the Meteor Fist/ground punch Up B from the last version (with some quake hitbox when he hits the ground it would be even better).
-the last version power mode A,A,A jab combo was better.
-Fsmash is awesome! but a little less "lag" on the animation would be better.

Cant wait to see what you are gonna do with TWO swords!!! I'll have more suggestions once I test this against some human opponents.
@ Ashingda Ashingda

After further playing I got to add/change:

-I really like the AA combo now! It provides great set ups and the range it awesome. A little less startup lag and it's golden.
-Fsmash is great! But It needs a little less start up and to send the opponent side ways.
-With sword running A is much better than the tackle I suggest taking out the tackle completely, sometimes I'm counting on the range of the sword and I do a tackle instead messes up with my play too much.
--which also applies to Up air. I like the sword up air much better. But if I don't pay enough attention if my sword is out or not, I do the uppercut instead and get punished. I like them both but I suggest to pick only one.
-Up smash is great! But in the ending he still does his landing animation although he doesn't jump anymore... Should probably be fixed. Also a bit too much start up lag on it as well.
-Neutral B needs to KO earlier/be stronger. It relies heavily on the read, so when it connects it should pay off more. Also please have it so the player can control when to swing the sword. If I want to run through an opponent and turn around than hit I can't cause it swings automatically.
-recovery is lacking... Being back wiz-spin (Wizkick) and have the meteor fist/ground punch be a second Up B. This way we get a really nice (but punishable) recovery. Also give a quake/area-hit box to the ground punch for a little extra "oomph".

Everything else is great very smooth gameplay except the issues I mentioned and a lot of fun to use!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
-I've been meaning to try make Down-B(air) able to cancel before free falling.
-F-Smash was slowed down because I thought it was too fast for it's heavy armor attack.
-I'm experimenting with the Up-B to be directionally influenced, it works great but not sure if it's a good idea compared to an upward oriented motion. i'll let you guys decide.

@ The Dark Knight1965 The Dark Knight1965
If you follow the tutorial you can import the Gerudo sword into a Melee skin.

@ T TheLazy
I like that idea about the 2nd damage on Up-B. If you haven't jumped yet you can still do it after the Up-B, Ganon's 2nd jump isn't the best vertical recovery.

-AA will get a startup speed boost. I guess most of the startup are too slow.
-The Current dash-A with sword doesn't have the correct hitbox timing I add the animation without switching the codes. I'll get rid of the other dash lol.
-Changing the damage on U-Smash, when hitting with the end part of the swing (back side) it will now still do full damage and hits at a different trajectory.
-A friend told me Neutral-B was too spammable, so I reduced the lower charged damage but didn't increase the higher charged output.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
-F-Smash was slowed down because I thought it was too fast for it's heavy armor attack.
-I'm experimenting with the Up-B to be directionally influenced, it works great but not sure if it's a good idea compared to an upward oriented motion. i'll let you guys decide.

@ T TheLazy
I like that idea about the 2nd damage on Up-B. If you haven't jumped yet you can still do it after the Up-B, Ganon's 2nd jump isn't the best vertical recovery.

-The Current dash-A with sword doesn't have the correct hitbox timing I add the animation without switching the codes. I'll get rid of the other dash lol.
-Changing the damage on U-Smash, when hitting with the end part of the swing (back side) it will now still do full damage and hits at a different trajectory.
-A friend told me Neutral-B was too spammable, so I reduced the lower charged damage but didn't increase the higher charged output.
About directional influence Up B:
I think it would be fine but as it is it's also good. what we do need though is Wizkick back or something to replace it cause without it it makes recovering a lot harder. But if you can some how keep the Meteor fist as a second Up B (or something else) would be cool. I really like that move!

Up smash tweaks sound good. But will you fix the "landing" animation at the end of it? It just looks awkward right now...

Also what are your plans regarding the Up air? Will it stay 2 different moves or would you decide to pick only one?

In really liking this version btw! Really great stuff!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
So I did a thing... Just for the hell of it. It was quick.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I like it, can I have!? I'm about to upload version 3.1, I need it lol.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice

@ T TheLazy

The issue with Fsmash isnt so much the speed (the speed on it is fine btw, it needs that slowness to make up for its destructive range). The real issue is a spot of lag on the animation itself; purely aesthetic but still a thing.
Oh wow. Yeaaah! MAKE THE TELEPORT DIRECTIONAL. Seriously, it will be a terrific addition to the move. That way, its nerfed range / number of uses can easily be overlooked by its versatility on the ground (it would be very mewtwo-esque and badass)
I still think you should keep the tackle but if it has the same dmg / hitbox as the sword thrust then i see no real reason to keep it
Also, good luck on making the Dspecial cancel-able, though i can see some issues with that combo being considered overpowered (particularly if youre using it on the ground); it might be best to stick with the wiz-kick unless youre really bent on decloning it

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Thanks with the feedbacks guys, it really helps with the progress. Don't be shy, just say exactly how you feel it really helps generates a lot of ideas.

Update: TriforceGanondorf v3.1 Mixed
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/13deliyp2xi9f39/TriforceGanondorf v3.1 Mixed.zip
Smash3 Skins: http://smashboards.com/threads/upda...3-0-the-ashingda-update.371223/#post-17712117

Changes
Up-B:
- Directional now, should work properly.
- New aesthetics to help you figure which way he is going.
- 2 different travel distance. Hold onto B to travel a bit further.
- Adjusted to work better connecting with other moves after movement.

Neutral-B: [Edited]
- Increased damage slightly ranging from 12 at base and fully charged at 22.
- Hold Forward on the analog stick and he will not auto hit.

Down-B (Air):
- At the peak, you can cancel into a Side-B.

Dual-Sword:
- Different moves for N-Air, B-Air, Side-B, Neutral-B, no Grabs he attacks instead.
- Added extra hitboxes to U-Smash, Down-B

Decrease Startup Lag on:
- AA, also fixed the combo linking.
- F-Smash
- U-Smash, also increased the damage and hitstun on the end swing.

Taunt Allow Interruptions are removed.

Updated various animation to look better with the 2nd sword.

I think there are more just cant recall the changes.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thanks with the feedbacks guys, it really helps with the progress. Don't be shy, just say exactly how you feel it really helps generates a lot of ideas.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/13deliyp2xi9f39/TriforceGanondorf v3.1 Mixed.zip
Smash3 Skins: http://smashboards.com/threads/upda...3-0-the-ashingda-update.371223/#post-17712117

Changes
Up-B:

Down-B (Air):

Dual-Sword:
- Different moves for N-Air, B-Air, Side-B, Neutral-B, no Grabs he attacks instead.

Decrease Startup Lag on:
- F-Smash

http://i.imgur.com/ilGTyGs.jpg
3.2 suggestions

Dual-blades:
  • Give the man BronzeGreekGods' down-b while in the air, just do it ,you can't resist the bad-ass-ery.
  • Up-b in this mode should be a "light spear", for those who don't know where this is from, it's kratos' move in Tales of Symphonia. And afterwards you can press A after you are on the ground again to preform "Light spear cannon" or for holding down b while in the air while preforming the "light spear" you'll do a "Victory Light Spear" for more damage and air height at the cost of going into a free fall. For light spear cannon to work the height the opponent flies from this move must be lowered moderately to drastically pending on your tastes.
  • Z should be a "demon fang" and can be pressed twice to do a "double demon fang", three times for "demonic chaos" or held to charge up a "fierce demon fang".
Single Blade:
  • I got nothing.
No-Swords:
  • You must be saving this for his dead mans volley neutral b aren't you...
  • BRING BACK wiz kick for the grounded-down b!
As you can tell, I personally want the dual blade mode to reference tales of symphonia without straying to far from the current moveset.

reference videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doQ5gibriV8 (Demon fang, Double Demon fang, Light spear, Light spear cannon, Victory Light Spear)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM_t7Gg1p7U (Demon fang, Double Demon fang, Demonic Chaos)

Also the A.I forgot that the teleport can go upwards...

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

Changes
Up-B:

Neutral-B: [Edited]
- Increased damage slightly ranging from 12 at base and fully charged at 22.
- Hold Forward on the analog stick and he will not auto hit.

Down-B (Air):

Dual-Sword:

Decrease Startup Lag on:
- F-Smash

Great stuff Ashingda! Everything feels great except the Up smash still has the landing thing. And in duel mode side B grounded makes Ganon go in the air and its easy to suicide. Duel mode still needs a few more tweaks but besides that it is really cool cant wait to see what you do with it. Also I love the fact you brought back the Sword Fair, as much as I like the Fist the Sword just flows better with the rest of the moveset.

And I still think aerial down B should have a quake (like the get up attack) as it hits the ground.
Perhaps that also can be a meteor hit box and than it can be used as a cool edge guard?

As for grounded Down B its cool but i think it should be
unique to Duel mode it fits a lot better there. I would love it if in Single Sword grounded down B become the rising fist from the old Magic mode.Or just make grounded and aerial down B the same. If you do add the quake hit box it would be good on the ground too.

And can we expect some new Grabs moves/animations? perhaps a new
pummel?

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
damn ash, really killin it here. the side smash is much cleaner and that a,a startup is dirtyyy. his recovery is absolutely viable now; going right out of a teleport into that Dspecial INTO the Fspecial is satisfying as HELL. lovin it. actually as far as your newest version goes, i really dont think it has any issues (minus the added complexity of mode swapping; as genius as it plays, it feels very unpredictable in real combat)

that being said, i was still hoping you could possibly get me that tweaked 3.0 mix i was talking about earlier. if i sent the PAC / motionetc files to a private message, is there any way you could add in JUST the down smash and idle stance? its no big deal if you cant, but I also hope that itd be a quick and easy

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Regular mode:
- Liking the ability to cancel down-B in the air now.
- Ability to control Up-B welcomed as well as adding the second hitbox after the warp
- Much better animations for the F-smash and U-smash
- Better Jab A-A
- Is the new F-air the same speed as the actual original move with increased range?

Dual mode:
- It's very easy to side-B off the edge without a chance for grabbing the edge.
- I am not sure if it was intentional, but the first hit of N-air does not flow too well into landing the second.
- Z button move substitute is an interesting choice. Perhaps it could be improved on to become a combo starter?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Cahalan Cahalan
Those are cool ideas for 2 swords, but perhaps drawing inspiration from Wind Waker or Hyrule Warrior would be better? And yeah I don't know how to get the AI to teleport upwards, if anyone knows how please let me know.

Up-Smash: Yeah I wanted to include @ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 's animation changes but I haven't receive it yet.
Down-B(Air): I knew I forgot something LOL, I had planed to add the hitboxes on the ground impact...
Grabs: Would like to add more but this is just not that high on the priority list.

Thanks, but just now I tried with items on and had various issues! Ofcourse this can be easily fixed but I had neglected it!
I'm not too sure what you mean about the tweaks for 3.0 but yeah message me and I'll see what I can do.

@ T TheLazy
You are brilliant! Adding a different combo chain for the grab replacement, I'm really liking that idea! The F-Air might need a decrease in speed because it's exactly the same speed. Dual Sword: Side-B still needs some work, will adjust the ledge grab. Got any other ideas?

@ failsnail99 failsnail99
Technically you can use any skin for Triforce Mod but you must import the sword models onto it. And also the correct sword models as well. I've been meaning to write up more tutorials for importing sword models onto any skins. I currently have the sword models prepared for Twilight, Gerudo and Demise. If anyone has a sword suggestion I'll include that to the tutorial.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
@ Cahalan Cahalan
Those are cool ideas for 2 swords, but perhaps drawing inspiration from Wind Waker or Hyrule Warrior would be better? And yeah I don't know how to get the AI to teleport upwards, if anyone knows how please let me know.

Up-Smash: Yeah I wanted to include @ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 's animation changes but I haven't receive it yet.
Down-B(Air): I knew I forgot something LOL, I had planed to add the hitboxes on the ground impact...
Grabs: Would like to add more but this is just not that high on the priority list.

Thanks, but just now I tried with items on and had various issues! Ofcourse this can be easily fixed but I had neglected it!
I'm not too sure what you mean about the tweaks for 3.0 but yeah message me and I'll see what I can do.

@ T TheLazy
You are brilliant! Adding a different combo chain for the grab replacement, I'm really liking that idea! The F-Air might need a decrease in speed because it's exactly the same speed. Dual Sword: Side-B still needs some work, will adjust the ledge grab. Got any other ideas?

Technically you can use any skin for Triforce Mod but you must import the sword models onto it. And also the correct sword models as well. I've been meaning to write up more tutorials for importing sword models onto any skins. I currently have the sword models prepared for Twilight, Gerudo and Demise. If anyone has a sword suggestion I'll include that to the tutorial.
I see your point so I found a video showing all of Ganondorf's HW moveset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyhPrTmOiDI

You could possibly blend the two styles (My Tales inspired move set and HW's awesome brutallity) together.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Cahalan Cahalan

@ T TheLazy

Fair speed is fine as is. It does have more range but it's not as strong as the fist so it balances out well I think.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
ugh, you released another one before I could give you some constructive criticism on the last version!

well, I'm going to say it anyways. The new Fsmash is amazing but please get rid of the ridiculous heavy armor on most of the move. it should be more akin to Squirtle/Bowser's armor. I and the others were playing the new Ganondorf at casuals last night and all agreed on the armor problem. He apparently has the armor from the starting animation (or close to it) until he hits with the move. There is no reason why Ganon's fsmash starting animation should be able to absorb a tipper fsmash from Marth, when the Marth player is correctly spacing and punishing the slow move.

I really like the idea and it rounds out the characters that should have armor on at least some moves (Bowser, Dedede, Squirtle, DK, and Ganon). I would recommend to have the armor on the attack frames (The swing itself?) and have him flash purple for a visual cue.

now I have to download the new version and give it a try :4ganondorf:

EDIT: in addition to the HW Ganondorf skin, since he now duel wields perhaps a WW Toon Ganondorf skin will not be out of the question in the future :bluejump:

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda -

Hey I gotta say after playing the new version with some people that you've outdone yourself again! Disregarding the landing thing on Up smash and the the missing quake hitbox on aerial down B. This is by far the best version of Ganondorf that you've made. It feels so "alive" like this is the way Ganondorf should've been portrayed all along in smash since Melee.

Ganondorf still has most of the weaknesses that made him a low-tier character (except now he has a good grab range) but with the range his moves have now he feels like he has a chance to win against anyone. To bad this isn't in official PM I would've loved to see pro players use this Ganondorf.

I probably sound like a broken record by now so I'm sorry... But again thank you so much for this mod your the best!

@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan -
I've been using the latest version, and I've been getting hit before the attack comes out on Fsmash. I believe the heavy armor only kicks in the moment Ganon jumps which I think is perfectly fine. All the people I've been playing with just role back/forward and wait to punish unless they play Link or ZSS than they just grab. They leaned pretty quick not to try and challenge it unless they are close/fast enough. And you can get punished real hard if you miss or the opponent reads it. So My peeps and I don't really see any problem with it currently (maybe in the older version there is armor before the jump?).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
To be honest, i dislike new version. Compared to v2.1, it feels very clunky and overall not fun to play as. I can't attack with what i need when he suddenly switches attacks in the way he wants (which makes sword and fist taunts pointless if he is going to swap them anyway). Aerial Down B (previous version's Up B) is weird because in the air, you expect character to use something that certainly doesn't involves going up that high (for ground Down B, it would fit, but not aerial one) Falcondork felt better despite being slowpoke we know him as (he still is one of my Brawl mains). Is this a default version now? If yes, then at least for now, i am disappointed.

damn, when IS someone going to make a HW styled ganon skin?
Not any time soon. It is very hard to make since it is very different from Brawl model, too complex to make a custom model since then author will have to simplify it until it works, but then it will look just meh. And Hairdorf's main attraction will either be immobile or his coat whatever cape will be immobile, but his hair will move. Ripping model from Hyrule Warriors is impossible since it is impossible to rip stuff from WiiU games.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I have a challenge, try playing without using the sword. It's kinda hard being limited.

You have available:
A
D-Tilt
U-Tilt
D-Smash
B-Air
N-Air
D-Air
Side-B
Up-B
Down-B
Grabs

@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
I'm thinking of making it lightning blade how it was as the old Neutral-B, gives you a reason to charge up and reducing the armor, currently it's from the start of the jump until the end of the swing. Will change to start of jump and end shortly after.

I got the new Animation from @ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 and modified to work.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Yeah auto switching to different modes became an issue and was removed in v3.1

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I have a challenge, try playing without using the sword. It's kinda hard being limited.

You have available:
A
D-Tilt
U-Tilt
D-Smash
B-Air
N-Air
D-Air
Side-B
Up-B
Down-B
Grabs

@ Shadow Huan Shadow Huan
I'm thinking of making it lightning blade how it was as the old Neutral-B, gives you a reason to charge up and reducing the armor, currently it's from the start of the jump until the end of the swing. Will change to start of jump and end shortly after.

I got the new Animation from @ Heavy D88 Heavy D88 and modified to work.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Yeah auto switching to different modes became an issue and was removed in v3.1
Cool idea about the lightning blade coming back from the old N-B on the Fsmash it would be really unique to have a hitbox on a charge for a Fsmash.

But I honestly don't see the armor as being bad at all as it is. Start of jump till end of swing is perfectly fine. The move is pretty punishable even with the armor (a friend of mine that plays a pretty nasty Mario can punish me 9/10 times if I use Fsmash so with out that armor it would be 10/10 lol) if you take that away you take a lot of what actually made it useful. If an opponent constantly gets hit with it or try to interrupt it than they really need to reevaluate how they play cause its pretty easy to avoid and than punish Ganon afterwards. If you must take away some armor I suggest keeping the armor at least half way through the swing.

I'm pretty much "head over heels" about v3.1, I really love it and I don't want anything to change (except improvement tweaks, animation, duel mode etc.) maybe that's wrong but idk... This moveset and the way it works as of now just feels so "right" to me, very "natural" in a way. IMHO you really outdone yourself on v3.1. And that says a lot cause every past version was incredible as well!

EDIT: Just in case someone didn't download v3.1 and wants to see it:

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I had an idea. What if you added some darkness gfx to the N-B when he has the swords out to make it look like he's surging his power through the sword/s? I think that would look pretty cool. Just an idea.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well my critque was completely directed at 3.0 lol. I would still recommend to give a visual cue (purple flash since smash Ganondorf is all about purple fire) and that would work towards balancing the armor out. hopefully they decide to give dedede such a flash at some point lol

the armor is fine, it just lasts too long imo. something a bit more like Bowser's fsmash might be a bit more balanced. just my $0.02

Last edited:

Giuseppe91

Smash Rookie
What about Hw Ganons YYYX(hold) move for his dual weilding down smash or nuetral b. Really id just like to see it as a part of the moveset and those seem like the best fit. Im also a fan of bringing back the wiz kick for down b

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see the 2.1 magic and sword modes combined to make a frankenstien mixed version. I made a post a while back where I put a move set in a spoiler. If you want to check it out it was on page 12.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - hey man what did you think of the changes we saw for PM 3.5 Ganondorf so far? Any things that are getting you excited to work off of in your Triforce Mod?

As soon as I saw the changes I thought to myself... "can't wait and see what Ashingda does with this new Ganondorf" :)

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
@ Ashingda Ashingda - hey man what did you think of the changes we saw for PM 3.5 Ganondorf so far? Any things that are getting you excited to work off of in your Triforce Mod?

As soon as I saw the changes I thought to myself... "can't wait and see what Ashingda does with this new Ganondorf" :)
Yeah i saw the 3.5 announcement and was wondering the same thing. I'm hopping that it can all be intertwined somehow.

Top Bottom