• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce Ganondorf Mod

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I have a question that may sound a little stupid, but is this compatible with Smash 3 Project?
Because i downloaded your Triforce Ganon mod. then i downloaded the Smash 3 Project texture for Ganondorf and it freezes, so i´ll use your TriforceGanondorf v2.0b that you recently upload it.

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
@ Jevedor Jevedor
Thanks for letting me know. A freeze with a loud beep means a character has exceeded the 5mb of memory usage or the files are corrupted by other means. Did you have different skins mods? What game mode was it in? Were there items involved?
@ Ashingda Ashingda , Sorry I was away for the weekend.
Yes I was, I was running the mod on the PM Justice mod that is in another thread here in the forums. I had one of the custom costumes on as well. So that is likely the cause. I can try it with a default costume / stage and see if its an issue. Though I would note that it only happened when it was 2 ganondorfs with swords fighting at the same time that it froze. Im pretty sure I played every stage with that costum for that mod with just one ganondorf with no problem. Is the memory shared in anyway across multiple players? Does that mean if there are 4 people playing ganondorf and they all pop out swords the glitch is even more likely?

I have a question that may sound a little stupid, but is this compatible with Smash 3 Project?
Because i downloaded your Triforce Ganon mod. then i downloaded the Smash 3 Project texture for Ganondorf and it freezes, so i´ll use your TriforceGanondorf v2.0b that you recently upload it.
@ DexstarGAMER DexstarGAMER I bet your game freezing is the same issue I was having.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
@ Ashingda Ashingda , Sorry I was away for the weekend.
Yes I was, I was running the mod on the PM Justice mod that is in another thread here in the forums. I had one of the custom costumes on as well. So that is likely the cause. I can try it with a default costume / stage and see if its an issue. Though I would note that it only happened when it was 2 ganondorfs with swords fighting at the same time that it froze. Im pretty sure I played every stage with that costum for that mod with just one ganondorf with no problem. Is the memory shared in anyway across multiple players? Does that mean if there are 4 people playing ganondorf and they all pop out swords the glitch is even more likely?

@ DexstarGAMER DexstarGAMER I bet your game freezing is the same issue I was having.
Wow, so yes, my SD card is a little Full.
The thing is, to use PM you can use another SD card with major capacity or you must use 2GB?

TheLazy

Smash Cadet
Was it intentional to remove the ability to change direction with the charging attack, neutral B, while on ground in courage mode?

Also, might the B-air in wisdom mode might be a bit too useful for recovery purposes? Using it repeatedly can cover a lot of horizontal distance. It can also be used to stall.

About the ledge detection with Up-B - it is still a little hard to sweet spot completely correctly from directly below the ledge. Still much better than before.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
RIP Triforce Ganon in my build :(

Regardless, keep up the good work Ashingda! Great PSA but I can't put the time into adding the sword and such into all 10 costumes on my pack haha. Ah well. Ill keep checking back so keep at it!

TrapGoku

Smash Rookie
You can export the weapon from FitGanonMotionEtc.pac on brawlbox. There lies the sword model.
From there check:
FitGanonMotionEtc/FitGanonEtc/TextureData[0]
FitGanonMotionEtc/FitGanonEtc/ModelData[0]

ModelData contains the model of the sword
TextureData contains the texture for the model of the sword

Just Right-Click->Export both TextureData[0] and ModelData[0]
(Not the parts of it to export, just right-click the red icon which holds the content of it) and open the suggested FitGanonMotionEtc.pac to replace the corresponding texture and model of the sword.

For replacing, just Right-Click->Replace on TextureData[0], and search the file of the exported TextureData[0], and done. Same goes to ModelData as well.
Hey Ashingda and Caporai thanks guys I really appreciate the help. However Caporai I did what you said in Brawlbox and the game crashes when I go to play Ganondorf now. Idk what I'm doing wrong :(

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ashingda and Caporai thanks guys I really appreciate the help. However Caporai I did what you said in Brawlbox and the game crashes when I go to play Ganondorf now. Idk what I'm doing wrong :(
Which version are you currently using? also is Ganondorf model exceeding higher than his regular?
Notely for FitGanon00.pcs size is 725kB

If the version is like v1.0 and higher, then my method doesn't work since the sword+sheath isn't article anymore.

Last edited:

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
RIP Triforce Ganon in my build :(

Regardless, keep up the good work Ashingda! Great PSA but I can't put the time into adding the sword and such into all 10 costumes on my pack haha. Ah well. Ill keep checking back so keep at it!
I have a system to quickly import the weapons, it just takes a while to set it up at first.

@ Caporai Caporai
Putting ganondorf onto Lucario, it'll take some work just to adjust it to normal. You think you can help me with that?

@ DexstarGAMER DexstarGAMER
Smash 3 textures should be easy to import into this mod, just need to replace the textures. I can have a separate download with the smash 3 + this mode.

Last edited:

TrapGoku

Smash Rookie
Which version are you currently using? also is Ganondorf model exceeding higher than his regular?
Notely for FitGanon00.pcs size is 725kB

If the version is like v1.0 and higher, then my method doesn't work since the sword+sheath isn't article anymore.
I'm using v0.5. And trying to have Ganondorf use Demise's Sword.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
To do that you need to replace the sword model in FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file. Cant go into detail, gotta get back to work. The next update shortly here is going to add different swords to different costume colors, one weapon will be a trident.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Gonna check on it. Brb

EDIT: huh... same goes to me as well (it beeps). Perhaps v0.5 has exceeded the filesize limit with the Demise Dark Sword (Since it has bigger filesize than TP sword.)

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
I have a system to quickly import the weapons, it just takes a while to set it up at first.

@ Caporai Caporai
Putting ganondorf onto Lucario, it'll take some work just to adjust it to normal. You think you can help me with that?
Which part? the PSA case as well as effects with it?

TrapGoku

Smash Rookie
To do that you need to replace the sword model in FitGanonMotionEtc.pac file. Cant go into detail, gotta get back to work. The next update shortly here is going to add different swords to different costume colors, one weapon will be a trident.
That's ok thanks for the help. And yay! I'm am looking forward to that update :D

Gonna check on it. Brb

EDIT: huh... same goes to me as well (it beeps). Perhaps v0.5 has exceeded the filesize limit with the Demise Dark Sword (Since it has bigger filesize than TP sword.)
Ok, thanks for all the help though :). I will stick with the normal sword for now then.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Both sword and sheath are now skins on FitGanon0X.pcs. Without these skins that came with the bundle, Ganondorf is unarmed and probably will fight with an invisible sword which have a trail.
So in previous iterations of the mod I could use the custom costumes that were already applied and just replace FitGanon.pac and FitGanonMotionEtc.pac. If i understand correctly, that is no longer possible and I must use the costumes in the current 2.0b bundle.

Sorry for asking for it to be spelled out. I just want to make sure I understand 100% correctly what my options are. Thanks.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
So in previous iterations of the mod I could use the custom costumes that were already applied and just replace FitGanon.pac and FitGanonMotionEtc.pac. If i understand correctly, that is no longer possible and I must use the costumes in the current 2.0b bundle.

Sorry for asking for it to be spelled out. I just want to make sure I understand 100% correctly what my options are. Thanks.
Yes. your prediction is correct. Here's the issue:

As you see on the left, both sheath and sword has been attached to ganon model (similar as Ike and King Dedede).
On the right is his FitGanonMotionEtc.pac where the sword is his article (which every ganon costume used before v1.0 came.)

So if u don't use Ashingda custom skins, well... like I said no sword n sheath play for ganon. :)

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda - the new version is flipping awesome!!! So much fun and a great concept all around. Couple of thing to change/add; can the running animation with sword be adjusted a bit? the way he holds the sword in 0.5 was allot more natural. Also I think side smash would be a great trigger for sword mode, elbow and than if you press A again it does the sword swing and puts you in Sword stance. Also Fair being a trigger is a little weird but I'm sure I will get used to it. Also magic mode doesn't have much "presence" maybe while in wizard mode down smash can be different?

Over all great work.

The Demon King approves!

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Was it intentional to remove the ability to change direction with the charging attack, neutral B, while on ground in courage mode?
Yes I wasn't sure if I got enough memory space, and it just took way too many animation/slots. When I find a way to condense it I'll put it back.

Also, might the B-air in wisdom mode might be a bit too useful for recovery purposes? Using it repeatedly can cover a lot of horizontal distance. It can also be used to stall.
That has been a problem for a while, this should be fixed once I get a real projectile working... or I'll just do more experiments. If you got any suggestions on how to solve this issue.

v0.5 had a LOT of animations so it's already near the memory limit. Just a tad bit more kbytes and it's BEEP.

@ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_
Yeah I was going to change the run back to the older versions as well. About F-Smash being the sword trigger is a good idea, because when we get a real projectile working, the Neutral-B will be used for all three mode.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Yes I wasn't sure if I got enough memory space, and it just took way too many animation/slots. When I find a way to condense it I'll put it back.

That has been a problem for a while, this should be fixed once I get a real projectile working... or I'll just do more experiments. If you got any suggestions on how to solve this issue.

v0.5 had a LOT of animations so it's already near the memory limit. Just a tad bit more kbytes and it's BEEP.

Yeah I was going to change the run back to the older versions as well. About F-Smash being the sword trigger is a good idea, because when we get a real projectile working, the Neutral-B will be used for all three mode.
Great! Happy my idea was useful. I'm really excited if you're actually able to figure out how to make a real projectile for Ganondorf. One it means we finally get Dead Man's Volley for Ganondorf in any smash game! And two, maybe the PMDT will be able to use that method to also give Ganon a projectile in vanilla PM.
Very exciting stuff your doing here.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - couple of thoughts:

-the new grab animation and range is soooooooooo good! Great job! I don't think I can ever go back lol.
-animations all around are very fluid and natural feels great to play with.
-Up B being a trigger to Wizard mode is weird... Doesn't flow well. I think Up air should be Wizard trigger, Fair be Fist trigger and Fsmash second hit be Sword trigger (and Neural B as long as it's the Sword rush). That way its simple and you can activate the modes with ease.
-don't know if this was intentional but Ganon's eyes are bright yellow/gold which is very cool makes him look God like. But it doesn't glow yellow in Sword mode for some reason? I'm guessing it's connected to the Sword somehow.
-the Sword being brighter is great make it look more like it did in Twilight Princess and gives great contrast to Ganon's dark color scheme.
-the sheath looks amazing! Great job on it.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Will still be adjusting the new grab animations. It currently looks rushed and isn't too great. You just gave me an idea for a sword Up-B, will still function the same but with different animations. The eyes are indeed connected to the sword, it's in the same On/Off switch as the sheathed sword. Ganondorf only has two bones in the Model Changer so I made use of what I could. Did you know after I made a sheath in blender and had it working, someone on youtube "LOL DUDE" sent me the ripped model from the game. I modified by fattened it up and shortening it to fit the game better.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Thanks. Will still be adjusting the new grab animations. It currently looks rushed and isn't too great. You just gave me an idea for a sword Up-B, will still function the same but with different animations. The eyes are indeed connected to the sword, it's in the same On/Off switch as the sheathed sword. Ganondorf only has two bones in the Model Changer so I made use of what I could. Did you know after I made a sheath in blender and had it working, someone on youtube "LOL DUDE" sent me the ripped model from the game. I modified by fattened it up and shortening it to fit the game better.
Cool! Again I'm glad I can help in any way.

Also since you going "all out" on this with different costumes, weapons etc. will you be giving Ganondorf a new image in the CCS and the rest? If you do, may I suggest you use his infamous pose where he is resting his hands on his sword within its sheath (you know the one).

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda Ashingda - will also be adjusting the pummel animation since he switches hands when he does it? And are you planing to give him new throws? Especially for Forward and Back throw. Down this is good maybe some lighting effect as you slam them to the ground would be cool. And Up throw some darkness effect on the hit. But forward and back throw can be totally unique, and maybe one of those can KO at high %'s (130%-150%)?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Cool! Again I'm glad I can help in any way.

Also since you going "all out" on this with different costumes, weapons etc. will you be giving Ganondorf a new image in the CCS and the rest? If you do, may I suggest you use his infamous pose where he is resting his hands on his sword within its sheath (you know the one).
:D I know the one! It may be a bit difficult because the sheath is rigged to his waist. I may have to add a 2nd one to get it to work.

I do plan to rework the throws. I'll see what can be done with D-Taunt animation been meaning to tinker with it for a while now.

I was trying the Brawlbox v.68b to modify the MoveDef_FitGanon data, but it doesn't save properly and doesn't open up with PSA afterwards. Does anyone know how to get around this issue?

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Also I think the grab should have a little less start up lag. I know the range was increased but I think it also warrants to be a bit speedier.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
:D I know the one! It may be a bit difficult because the sheath is rigged to his waist. I may have to add a 2nd one to get it to work.

I do plan to rework the throws. I'll see what can be done with D-Taunt animation been meaning to tinker with it for a while now.

I was trying the Brawlbox v.68b to modify the MoveDef_FitGanon data, but it doesn't save properly and doesn't open up with PSA afterwards. Does anyone know how to get around this issue?
The issue is the value of the subroutine. In PSA when you add a new line of codes, the subroutine code value changes into a new value (which requires you to change all subactions that goes to it into the new value.)
v0.68b misses the change when putting more codes on the subroutine. Hence why PSA wont work anymore for modified psa from v0.68b.

If you do however use a new subroutine from scratch and having it fulfilling its purpose (meaning nothing more needs to be changed), then perhaps PSA might give it a chance.

If you know how many lines of codes needs to be in the subroutine, you can leave it as No Operations so it can be used later without the subroutine code value getting changed.

If you do add more lines of code from existed one, the subroutine code value will change, and the old one wont work anymore.

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Good thing to note is how to check the subroutine in PSA with the help from v0.68b is decimal from v0.68 into hex on PSA.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Here's a preview of Triforce Ganon v2.0b by Arko:
Song: Eclipse of the Sun - Hyrule Warriors

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
@ Caporai Caporai
I will probably not go the Lucario route. Am currently diving into Hex editing, I've tried this before but didn't really understand it. Now it just seems to click... I do hope it works.

That's sweet, Arko is great at showcasing different mods will thank him later :D

Last edited:

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
@ Caporai Caporai
I will probably not go the Lucario route. Am currently diving into Hex editing, I've tried this before but didn't really understand it. Now it just seems to click... I do hope it works.

That's sweet, Arko is great at showcasing different mods will thank him later :D
Let us hope so. KingJigglypuff might know how thing works, since he gave Charizard projectiles from Links arrow:

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Is that charazard somewhere I can download and install like this ganondorf? My daughter loves pokemon and would love it if PM version of charazard had a finalsmash.

Also. Have you considered the option of giving Ganondorf (or really any other character) a A+B move. Ever since PM gave Lucario the Aura Bomb, I've been surprised that no other character has made use of that button combination for a custom move. It would be cool if Ganondorf had some sort of move that brought all three elements of the triforce together for one type of attack. Maybe infusing his sword with magic or I dunno.... Im probably dreaming big.

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
Is that charazard somewhere I can download and install like this ganondorf? My daughter loves pokemon and would love it if PM version of charazard had a finalsmash.

Also. Have you considered the option of giving Ganondorf (or really any other character) a A+B move. Ever since PM gave Lucario the Aura Bomb, I've been surprised that no other character has made use of that button combination for a custom move. It would be cool if Ganondorf had some sort of move that brought all three elements of the triforce together for one type of attack. Maybe infusing his sword with magic or I dunno.... Im probably dreaming big.
For Solo Charizard, it's for vBrawl i guess. but there's a download link for it. Check it out and see how it looks. If you have Dolphin Emulator, you can have your own Project M in your computer for testing.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Also I think the grab should have a little less start up lag. I know the range was increased but I think it also warrants to be a bit speedier.
In addition to this^ I think the vertical grab range (downwards) should be increased as well, Mario's dash attack still just completely ignores it still lol.

Don't know how hard will this be to implement but even still his grab is better than ever!

Caporai

Smash Journeyman
@ Ashingda Ashingda @Heavy D88
I wonder if you guys can make some awesome dodge animation for ganondorf, as well as D-air animation similar as M.Bison air stomp? (more like he crosses his arm while stomping). Just a suggestion.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Had enormous fun yesterday using triforce2.0 ganon. That dsmash is awesome.
Btw, any chance of seeing his Eletric projectile in Magic Mode?
Maybe using his Brawl standing basic jab + Pikachu's aerial Thunderjolt?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Hey @ Ashingda Ashingda after play testing for a bit against human opponents I started feel some of Ganon's smash attacks are rather underwhelming in strength/KO power. It became apparent even more when my opponent playing Mario would KO with his Down smash and side smash earlier than I did with my smashes. So I tested it out like so;
  • On Mario CPU (weighs at 100)
  • On Battle field from the middle of the stage
  • CPU level 9
  • No DI from CPU
  • Tested for percents were CPU hits the blast zone

Fist/Magic mode:
  1. Fsmash: 85% - meh strength for it's range maybe should KO at around 75-80%, and it also sends up it should send in a 65-70 degree angle instead
  2. Up smash: 85% - good strength no change needed
  3. Down smash: 75% - good strength no change needed

Sword mode:
  1. Fsmash: both hits: 105%, only sword: 110% - a little too weak if you ask me, and sends in a weird angle should KO at around 95 and 100% instead, angle should be 60-65 degrees. (*if you decide to have Fsmash to be a trigger into Sword mode than obviously the two hits won't combo into each other and it would work like Link's Fsmash instead, which I prefer actually).
  2. Up smash: 95% - good strength (especially for it's range) no change needed.
  3. Down smash: 115% - good strength but weird angle... should be a 70-75 degree angle instead.

On a good opponent who knows how to DI well the current angles and power of the smashes I made note of is a bit under whelming... I think a great way to really show case Ganon's abilities as the carrier of the Triforce of Power would be to make his smash attacks a true thing to be feared!

These are just my findings and I could be completely off base :\
What do you think?

On a different note: If and when you are able to make Neutral B a projectile and use it as a B across all modes would you consider giving Ganon light armor with is run? Or maybe on Down B (Wiz Spin)? As of now his current B is on of the only ways to deal with "spamy" projectiles like Dr. Mario's Pills or Falco Lasers. So if that armor is gone it would take that method of dealing with those characters. Or unless his projectile is a somewhat of fast option than that could possibly deal with the spammers?

McMarth

Smash Cadet
I also feel Triforce Ganon's smash attacks might need a little more killing power. Playing against a human opponent, I had a pretty rough time finishing him off. I'm not sure if all of Ganon's smashes need tweaks, but at least his fist Fsmash.

And I think @ _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ has some neat ideas with the light armor (on the Down B in particular). It would be rad to have a way of dealing with projectile spammers.

Top Bottom