• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trick vs mk

ADHD

Smash Hero
As you may know, if metaknight downsmashes or shuttle loops from beneath during the animation of charging your barrels, they will deploy on contact and immediately deal 18% damage. This can also serve as a reasonable KO move.

In addition, almost all metaknights will on reaction shuttle loop if you are at a specific spacing near or above the ledge. Just time carefully an up b charge if you are standing directly over it (you can press forward while edgehogging and then immediately charge them as he draws near) and bingo, you'll take 8 damage at most and he'll take 18 with an obviously noticable more amount of knockback. It is risky, but you do not necessarily have to be standing on ground for this gimmick to work. You can simply drop down parallel to the ledge mid-air and charge them as he shuttle loops at you. The barrels randomly send you in different directions when you are hit with a physical attack and they explode on contact, so this may kill you or on a positive note--send you very far back onto the stage.

I suppose if they realize this and side b or tornado instead to recover, you can always charge your barrels to the opposite ledge or rehog.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So ... you stand right next to the ledge and charge up b when mk up b's and then they get hit with the barrels?

Player-1

Smash Legend
you don't randomly get sent in a direction from an attack, you go in the direction that that move normally sends you in...so if mk is recovering then you will most likely hit the stage, on stages like bf and fd it's pretty safe since you can wall jump afterward, but SV it's pretty risky. Also, I don't recommend doing this while the MK is at low percents or he'll be able to recover from the knock before you and can easily gimp you.

I thought this was already brought up...?

ADHD

Smash Hero
you don't randomly get sent in a direction from an attack, you go in the direction that that move normally sends you in...so if mk is recovering then you will most likely hit the stage, on stages like bf and fd it's pretty safe since you can wall jump afterward, but SV it's pretty risky. Also, I don't recommend doing this while the MK is at low percents or he'll be able to recover from the knock before you and can easily gimp you.

I thought this was already brought up...?
It was mentioned that if you are in the air and you read a shuttle loop it will deploy on his face, not about applying it like this.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
What? They usually break out on the ground. That rarely happens to me, but I don't really know anything about grab releases honestly.
great use of the release is when you shield a glide attack from upb as u grabbed them above ground so air release is almost mandatory. tho diddy's grab is so close to the ground most grab releases from diddy are released via ground unlike snakes ***** grab :\

and yea wut p-1 said...also...i like how the dmg range isnt much at all. does the barrel really eat the damage? can this be applied to other moves besides d3's upb?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Still, interesting application, ADHD.

(And an even better burn!)

CO18

Smash Hero
I forgot about my mm with dojo ****. You trying to escape that ****. Im ****** you at apex then.

We shall play there.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we should all just sit down and talk this out politely through tea and crumpets.
No need to resort to violence ... in a fighting game.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Question about exploding barrels. Lets say MK is dumb enough to ftilt your grounded Barrels or something, and both characters are at low percents. Is it worth the trade in damage?

Cause what I'm wondering is, what if you just charge the ledge of a planking MK and slide in with a charging Up + B? Would he somehow stage spike himself?

The only scenarios I see are:

1. He continues to plank, you blast off back the other way and the situation resets
2. He ledge hops a fair or a Uair and you trade - (What happens?)
3. He ledge hops over you to Dair you or something - (What happens?)

Actually, that leads me to wonder about something else. Could you use a charging barrel Up + B to edge guard somebody that needs to get off the ledge?

Actually this could be a reason why I'd prefer to keep tap jump on. You could shield at the ledge, and if looks like they're gonna do a get up ledge attack, you could charge Up +B out of shield.

You'd need good reflexes to do something like that though, and if they simply hit a jump button, they could bait the up B and you'd be screwed.

I'm just typing random crap to escape the programming revision I need to do before Friday, lol. But I've been thinking about ways to beat MK's planking (despite DMG's proof that it's impossible).
10Ipositedasimilarideanotlongagoanditsgoodtoseeiwasntcompletelyoff

Top Bottom