• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trent's Coliseum Monthlies (Date TBA)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Since MRM isn't going to be here, I can't be here either

Trent

Smash Champion
No clue. Confirmed it's just Iowa I believe. Kansas City might come?

Also, Unity Rule Set got updated again to 1.2:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12763560

It probably won't even concern us, but just in case, it will be part of the ruleset. In a nutshell they're punishing players who break conduct rule #5 by not allowing them to go to other tournaments.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
No clue. Confirmed it's just Iowa I believe. Kansas City might come?

Also, Unity Rule Set got updated again to 1.2:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12763560

It probably won't even concern us, but just in case, it will be part of the ruleset. In a nutshell they're punishing players who break conduct rule #5 by not allowing them to go to other tournaments.
Yeah as of right now I'm not even sure Iowa is going to make this cause everyone is going to get drunk the day before so yeah T.T

Also that yellow card thing is just stupid like players have always split if they don't want to play it or know each other point being who are they trying to impress o.0

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If someone from Nebraska and I were in the finals, I would suggest we both play on Random during finals, would that result in a red card?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If someone from Nebraska and I were in the finals, I would suggest we both play on Random during finals, would that result in a red card?
Actually a yellow card but see that's what's stupid about it cause you know each other plus I'm pretty sure the people watching don't care either so yeah

Trent

Smash Champion
Hopefully you guys will still be coming.

Also, if people could bring set ups (Wii+Brawl would be nice) that would be cool. Bringing spare televisions would also be great, but most importantly Wiis.

Trent

Smash Champion
Tournament starts tomorrow, doors open at 10:30, with Brawl Doubles sign ups starting at 11:00. If you need help finding the venue, call me, or PM me now for my phone #.

See you all here.

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Don't worry guys, I'll represent that Iowa scene ;). So is Omaha not even showing up now? It seems like people are bailing all over the place :(.

-Leroy Brown

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
To be fair, Trent scheduled this tournament after I had said I wasn't going to be in town, so completely not my fault I won't be there.

KC not coming, however, is my fault, because they don't wanna come up without the big dawg there to howl at them :wolf:

Trent

Smash Champion
People can park in the parking lot behind the building, you can use an alley way to get there. If not, you can park 3 or so blocks away where there are no meters.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
I see no info on MK9. So I'm probably not going to show. </3

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dnyce, unless Lux lied to me and decided to come, that statement is correct, who are you anyway? Why doesn't Fino show himself?

DeLux

I'm not going (since you won't be there). Ensis and Dnyce are.

Ensis is Manhattan, and Dnyce is Lawrence (like I am). KC is dead.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So, I guess Imma start a tradition of spending hours making a new controller just to leave it at tournaments.

Anyone pick up a black GCN controller with a silver port and a black classic controller c-stick???????

:(

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
So, I guess Imma start a tradition of spending hours making a new controller just to leave it at tournaments.

Anyone pick up a black GCN controller with a silver port and a black classic controller c-stick???????

:(
Yeah, Luke's got it (Owner of the Card Room).

We found it and figured someone left it since it was modded and all.

Trent

Smash Champion
We'll make sure to get your controller and MJG's source of skill back to you guys. Will make a results thread in a bit.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
When is the next one of these gonna be?

I'm back from NC, played a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of Melee but managed to play against most of the PR'd MD/VA and part of NC brawl at amimazement. Other than Seagull Man (who filmed the ****) and Junebug (who I went 2-2 with), every person I played a set with I won it at both of the events. Foxxy, the former wonderchild of NC, beat me in the 1 match tournament with DK. Dr. PeePee went on to beat him and Stockfield back to back.

Beat V1ce #8NC and Stockfield #5NC in 5 dollhair uberserious money matches, both 2-1, I actually beat a D3 ladies and gentlemen :luigi: only time I switched from Wolf other than playing randoms with RPSI and Link against randoms. Stockfield went ROB but sent me a text today saying he wishes he would have gone Snake. Fyre creppt me pretty bad our first match, but I came back and won, but to be fair, this wasn't premeditated to be the most serious of matches ever with her unlike ViceNStock, but she's the best Pit I've played, sorry Ky. RocketPSIence had a good Lucas as well, but that match up is dumb. I don't remember some of the other people's names, but the NC scene is pretty legit in brawl.

Melee in the melee boards.
but Darksyde is the man and he improved my melee game about 15%. Excellent Melee scene.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Somehow by playing a ton of Falco's I learned the fox match-up, lol.

And I agree, I honestly have more fun playing melee again than brawl, but that's because playing brawl in this state is a hassle because me/aura/GG222 don't live next to Thugz/Trent and Jarrel is busy.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That is true also I may be moving out of my current house starting next month just a heads up for you guys.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol, yes, I'll be t/here. I assume you and fino are gonna come up and try and take Nebraska's money?

Trent you should take a page from my rules set and get on my stage list.

DeLux

I have that day off from work at the moment. I'll just have to see what my money situation looks like because my roommate has been pulling the shady business on the bills on me lately.

Most likely will go, but I have to make sure i have money to go to this AND brainshock.

Brainshock is the priority for me atm

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
First off, I hear ya.

Second off, and take this to heart. Don't let your roommate walk over you in financial situations, especially if it's over 50 dollars. I once had a roommate that I gave upwards of 500 dollars to for gas/elec/water/cable/etc... over like 3 months He took that money and used it to move to California and didn't pay any of the ****, and got all the mail about our mess ups.

:toonlink: :drmario: don't trust anyone.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to go!

If I don't have work that weekend....

And my parents allow me to go 3 and a half hours away from home.....

And someone could drive me.....

And my parents trusted that person to drive me......

(That's what I get for being 17)

DeLux

Is there any way we can move the start time up a little? I have work the next day and I don't want to be a tired mess at work or on the road

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Lux, take this 17 year old Yoshi.
Thats not even half the problem. My work only lets me try for days off two weeks ahead. Then its only gives out schedules the friday of the week before:glare:. So if I get lucky enough to not get work that weekend, I'd probably have a 50 percent chance of persuading my parents. So I probably won't start bothering people for rides until saturday if I know I don't work that weekend.

Trent

Smash Champion
Is there any way we can move the start time up a little? I have work the next day and I don't want to be a tired mess at work or on the road
I could try asking Luke, the owner of the store. No promises though. If it helps, the tournament will probably be over by 10-11pm, so it won't be THAT late.

Trent

Smash Champion
Unity Ruleset has been updated to 1.3:

Starters | Counterpicks
Battlefield|Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege|Brinstar
Final Destination|Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise|Pokémon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium 1|Rainbow Cruise
Smashville|Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)|

Strike order is: 2-3-1

Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a Judgement. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Top Bottom