• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TRC presents "Use Bombs Wisely!" Youtube up now!

rhan

Smash Hero
3. What songs would YOU put to Young Link? What suits this crazy crusader of amazingness?
Anthem of a Misguided Youth.

It's an OC Remix but it's perfect for any combo video song. I was gonna use it but I'll never have a combo video anytime soon. :p

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Faith in the video maker. I don't think the length of the video matters. As long as you can keep the audience interested. I mean... Gimpyfish's Metagame combo video was like... half an hour long, and that was still awesome.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master

It's an OC Remix but it's perfect for any combo video song. I was gonna use it but I'll never have a combo video anytime soon. :p
Yes! I was about to use it for the credits section, but I went with something else.

That was my first thought for combo vid too, with all the YL sounds :D and it's just a kickass song

and thanks Elven
I personally find the video to be pretty darn entertaining. I also threw in some bonus mid-clips between sections just to keep the viewer laughing.

takieddine

Smash Master
*D20 on Takieddine's account*

When I plan on releasing my video, it will only be about 4-5 minutes long including credits. This way, your video will never have a dull moment and will never become repetitive. In my opinion, "Up Air'd Blind" by Eggz is the perfect example of well crafted and executed combo video, and it is only about 4 minutes. I highly recommend giving it a look. If you really want to include more clips (maybe 10-12 minutes worth), I would suggest breaking your video into two parts. As for music, you can really pick anything. I don't know how you are selecting your clips, but I would always opt for shorter combos done on quality players and characters over extended combos done on Bowser.

One final note... I remember a few years back, Gimpyfish released a very good combo video that was made up of clips only from tournaments and MMs. Using these types of clips will give your video more credibility. In addition, he included a short segment at the end that showed all of his opponents comboing him, which was used to effectively qualify his competition.

Sorry I got into so much "combo video theory," but hopefully something in there helped. I'm looking forward to the video!

~D20

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Really? I thought Eggz's was too short... I dunno... I like... bme's combo vids... they're pretty sweet.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Mine is more along the lines of Shadow Claw 2, methinks

The video is done now. I've been making it since January, and I have gone through... what seems like an endless amount of matches. We would seriously record about 70 each day we recorded, and usually did so twice or more a week. That's a lot of **** videos. I only picked the best and most entertaining stuff to really show off what Young Link can do.

The video is not about me saying "hey, look, I am good with YL" but saying "hey look, YL is the funnest character to watch ever" I'm not much for self praising and never try to say "yah I've gotta be one of the best YL's ever" cause wtf I have no real backup for such a statement. And this video is not about that, either. It's entertainment, if people think I'm talented, that's a nice side effect.

Part of my bloopers credits video is the players in the video either comboing me, or silly **** happening with them.

I tried to get at least one clip against every character. I don't think there are any IC's, Kirby, Jiggs, or Pichu, though. I always got bored of a video that was nothing but vs Falco/Fox.

I try to play against the best I can, but being in South Carolina... there's about four of us... not cause of Brawl, was always this bad. Actually, was worse, lol

The video IS done now, just working on uploading and dividing for the tube and file hosting sites, etc. Hopefully be done tomorrow!!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

Oh i didnt see a question for a song.

Yeah, A.o.a.M.Y. ****ing, *****, so, ****, hard.

You could use that, or
"Clash at the Mountains" -OC Remix
"Toward the Downfall" -VGMix (Carbohydrom)

I could actually get off my *** and look for a song for suggestions, but those are like, LoZ suggestions off the top of my head.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Dogy I wish I had some vids against you in this video cause you're the badassness

maybe we can record together for my alleged Luigi video that probably won't come out ever :D

but I made sure to typo your name with two M's on the credits, just for you

I am very proud of the songs I've assembled and honestly I think for some of them, I made the video for the song as opposed to finding music for the video.
The prime example would have to be "The Quick and the Blue" by The Megas, for the blue YL. Complete with a good old vs Red Falcon section to represent Mega Man vs Quickman :D

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Come On Then Where Is It Son

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
indeed. lots of "meh" fox videos, but that happens when he's top tier and all. more people tend to play tops, and thus more people who are inclined to make videos do as well.

having problems putting this thing online. Computer is acting up and the video keeps getting "compromised" in the compression or upload phase.

Hopefully up tonight, if not, next day or so. It sucks cause the video is done, just can't get it the hell online, or small size yet not awful quality. Silly computer. Don't worry, be done soon.

Skyson

Smash Ace
About to download, preparing to be amazed. :D

Will post again after watching.

[EDIT] Also, 100th post. Great timing, I've seriously been looking to improve my Young Link. Ironic problem #1: I don't use bombs a lot. xD

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
YES! Was starting to wonder if you guys were ever gonna be finished editing.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Hey man I can tell you really put a lot of work into this video. The creativity you laced through this entire video left me addicted, waiting eagerly on the edge of my seat to see what you'd do next. Even though it was a longer video than most combo vids I'd seen, I have to say that in this case it was a great thing because of how you set up the video in parts. It was like a psychological break of freshness after every clip, even though I hadn't physically left my chair. Truly yourself as a person was shown throughout the entire feature- You are a hilarious, creative, innovative, and truly awesome and AMAZING person for playing Young Link like you do, and truly hardworking, diligent, and true to your word when it came to piecing the video together. Very well done RC, may your video become one of the most talked about combo vids of the year- it deserves it. =).

Much <3,

Holymarf

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Wow... to be honest, I thought it might've just been another low tier combo video where it was like... look at this coincidental and semi-interesting thing that I did... but that was legitimately really sweet @_@ I might have to reassess the zair =P

Kudos - we've been needing a good Young Link combo video for a long time.

EDIT: LMAO just watched the credits/bloopers. First time in a long time I've laughed at a Smash vid. Too bad the audio's disabled =(

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah, I fixed it. Had to put a new song in... Should be okay now. Missing the original song it was synced with (Mindless Self Indulgence - Bring the Pain) but it's okay.

rhan

Smash Hero
I just watched the video.

Bravo. Dude you just made top 3 of my favorite Young Link players. I loved how the video was put together. It was amazing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I figured everyone who is going to watch it may have by now... and the credits are a bit of a bonus.

and I'm lazy, but that is a good idea. Give me a moment (a big moment rofl)

Top Bottom