• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transformers 2007

Sandy

Smash Champion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(film)#Transformers_on_screen

Wikipedia said:
Transformers is a 2007 live action science fiction film conceptually based on the Transformers franchise and toy line. The film is directed by Michael Bay with Steven Spielberg acting as the executive producer. The film stars Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky who discovers the map to the Allspark, the source of life which the heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons wage a war over. The project originated with producers Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto, who gained support from fans on the Internet to rehire Peter Cullen as the voice of Autobot leader Optimus Prime, 20 years since the original cartoon ended. This adaptation is the Transformers' first American feature film since The Transformers: The Movie in 1986. However, this film is intended to be a reboot of the franchise, with a new complex design aesthetic for the Transformers. It has a release date of July 2, 2007 in Australia, July 4, 2007 in the United States and Canada and July 27, 2007 in the United Kingdom.

In the Arctic Circle during the 1800s, Captain Archibald Witwicky chips away at a massive sheet of ice, only to break it and fall into an abyss, landing on a robotic hand partially buried in the ice. He finds the eyes of Decepticon leader Megatron staring back at him, who burns a map showing the location of the life giving Allspark into Witwicky's eyeglasses. These are handed down to his descendant, Sam, in the present day. Elsewhere, Decepticon Blackout attacks a United States Air Force base in Qatar in the present day, grabbing and absorbing information from a computer whilst he destroys the base and deploys Scorponok. Scorponok chases Captain Lennox and his Special Ops team in the desert and in a village, when Lennox makes a phone call to The Pentagon, who send a jet to fight off the Decepticon. Sam Witwicky buys his first car, which happens to be the Autobot Bumblebee. Bumblebee helps Sam to gain Mikaela as his girlfriend. The Autobots come looking for Archibald's glasses, whilst hiding in Sam's yard, and the nefarious Sector 7 comes to invade Sam's house. The film eventually concludes with a battle that begins at the Hoover Dam and concludes in Los Angeles as Autobot leader Optimus Prime and Megatron face each other.

Producer Don Murphy used his site to earn support from fans, and decided upon a consensus for the voices from the 1980s cartoon. Michael Bay auditioned them first, fearing that their aged voices would be noticeable. Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime in the animated series, was announced at the July 2006 San Diego Comic-Con. Cullen also read for Ironhide, another character he originally voiced, during the first of two auditions. In March 2007, Hugo Weaving was revealed to be playing Megatron. TV series voice actor Frank Welker auditioned, but his voice had aged too much. However, Welker will be providing the voice of Megatron for the Transformers video game.

Several other cartoon voice actors such as Scatman Crothers (Jazz), Chris Latta (Starscream), and Don Messick (Ratchet) are deceased. Those roles will require new talent. A new actor who auditioned for three roles (creating two voices for each) was Bryan Cox. During principal filming, Mark Ryan was hired to be on set, to act as a stand in for the Transformers, giving actors someone to react to and act against during filming, both physically where appropriate and providing dialogue, and also ad-libbed characters during post-production.
I got goose bumps when I watched the trailer.
Who else is looking forward to this movie?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I know this movie will be total ****, since it IS Michael Bay. But, I love Transformers, so I will be going see it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You are quite right, and Michael "Douche Bag" Bay ****ed up Megatron. He looks like a giant fence.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I'm definitely disappointed in megatron, I'm still hoping he'll have the megatron face under there that we all know well, but it's unlikely.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Optimius Prime is a
Peterbilt tractor trailer
Megatron is a
Stealth Bomber

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Megatron isn't a stealth bomber anymore, but is
retaining his alien form after being frozen and not getting a chance to take a new form
as far as I understand.

While at first I was dissapointed, I must admit, I've been won over by the latest trailer.

Also if you haven't seen these already:
http://chevyautobot.com/ - Build (loose use of the term) your own chevy Autobot.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y - Quite possibly the greatest dubbing I've ever seen. 'Shockwave's Burden' and 'SOS Wheeljack' are by the same guy but aren't as good. There's also "Heavy Metal Fight" which I've just found and am about to watch.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
What I do really love is that they've taken the original Transformers, not those lame *** ones who came later.

I don't know if it's gonna be great or not, I do really hope so because I'm thrilled to see it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I so wanna watch this movie, though its a shame that the characters arent modeled accuratly, havent seen megatron, but ive seen starscream and the guy actually looks fat lol...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
From what I've seen, the special effects look pretty good.

Unless I can find someone to go with, I'll probably end up just renting it.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
JAZZ TO MOON BASE TWO, JAZZ TO MOON BASE TWO.

JAZZ HERE, COME IN IRONHIDE...

The only reason I'd go and see this is to see my favorite cartoon characters ever brought to CG life.

FastFox

BRoomer
I think the only part that will please me in the movie is hearing good ol' Optimus' classic voice.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen any of the cartoons or read the comics (not interested in both) but after seeing the trailer, I can say that this looks like the best movie ever. I swear, I can watch that trailer about 20 times a day and never get tired of it. It looks like there's gonna be a lot of intense action in it so I couldn't go wrong about it. Who else thought it was pretty cool when Starscream transformed while flying and crashed down on the ground?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm also not into the cartoon and comics, but after watching the trailer I must that I'm looking forward to this movie. Also, I found out a day or two ago that Goo Goo Dolls plays one of the theme songs for the film.

If anyone is interested: Goo Goo Dolls - Before It's Too Late.

This is a new single and I hope that it is a possible hint that they have a new album coming out. . . even though they had a new one out last year.

I LOVE THE GOO GOO DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

FastFox

BRoomer
So as it turns out who we thought was Frenzy is actually Scorpinok, a decepticon (or predacon) that appeared in both the Transformers and Beast Wars series.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hes a decepticon, scorpinok from the beast wars is a diferent one, just like the decepticon megatron is named like the beast wars megatron...

Starscream FTW!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3

I just watched Transformers : )

I was never a hardcore fan, I watched the original movie a few times cause my cousin made me, but I enjoyed it : D

YES. It's out in Australia before America for once.

And guys, you're in for hell of ride. Freaking awesome.

OPTIMUS PRIME <3

Need to go watch cartoons now @______@

Stryks

Smash Hero
Aww man that alone hypes me up, I so wanna watch it now, wanna see optimus and starscream go at it, more of a starscream fan than a megatron...

I use to watch the cartoon back when I was a kid, and the new transformers that appeared a few years back, they werent as good, still hoping this movie rocks my sox off!

PichuKing

Smash Rookie
I already watched the movie two days ago in the Phillipines, its pretty cool.
and
The movie is really different from the cartoon..I think.

Too bad Optimus Prime dies. >_<

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
It was a good movie, but in the end, it was just Deep Impact with robots. Nothing really new or interesting.

The fight scenes were a mixed bag, since the camera was so shaky that you could hardly tell what was going on. "Even Stevens" didn't do a bad job, though he was still his old annoying self.

The American government just screamed Independence Day. Seriously, it's like they were the same people.

Still, Optimus Prime was a badass, and nothing will change that.

And can you say human on human on robot sex? It happens in the movie (at least, that's what I want to believe:)).

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol to all who sayed it sucked, I want to know why you think so. Ive seen it twice now and I'm most likely going to see it a third time. Iv'e been a fan of the whole franchise since I was a child (I'm now 21 turning 22 in Septmber) and the movie rocked my world. The redesiging of all the bots was probably the smartest thing Bay did (lol Hugo Weaving/Pracilla/Agent Smith/Vee and now Megatron).

Sandy

Smash Champion
When was the last time you watched a movie and after felt so good that you wanted to kiss everybody in the theatre? Well, perhaps I exaggerated a little but this movie was everything I was waiting for. The moment Optimus Prime came to the screen I yelled so much I nearly passed out! It wasn’t only me, everybody was. The director got everything right with this one. From their unimaginably fantastic entrance to their masterfully created battles, this movie was fun from the start to the end.

Now before I go I have a word of advice for you who haven’t seen it yet; don’t listen, read or believe the reviews from those lunatic dinosaurs also known as movie critics. I thought you go a movie based on a cartoon from 80s to have fun. Nobody expect a complicated plot like in Citizen Kane. This movie was for our generation, the younger generation who were grown with transformers. You, critics, should stay away from movies that have absolutely no connection with because you simply don’t understand them.
This movie rocked in every possible way, bring your parents, your friends, your friend’s friends, even people form street to watch it and prepare to be amazed :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think it will suck because Michael Bay did it and I am standing by that. I'll wait until it comes on Free TV before I watch it.

Let's look at Bay's past history:
Bad Boys - Yea, nice explosions and terrible movie.
Armageddon - I never laughed at a disaster movie. It was even a pun for what this was.
Pearl Harbor - He pissed off Veterans with this.
The Rock - He was given minimal freedom with this one and he had a great cast. There was no way he could **** it up.
Bad Boys 2 - Yea, we need to continue this epic storyline
The Island - I wanted to stab my eyes out.

The movie could be amazing, but I refuse to pay to see it because it funds his **** movies. Every bad director gets a movie right now and then, assuming this is it, it won't be long until he ****s up again.

Top Bottom