• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transformers 2007

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not a cartoon, this was one of the major points of the movie and its special effects. They are robots, and this is just how Michael Bay and all the other people decided to design the transformers. I thought they looked very cool.
No doubt the CGI was amazing. But why the massive revamp? So massive that I can't recognize them from the time i was in diapers. It's like a misplaced wavedash in Smash. Cool technique but why did you do it?

While there should have been more focus on feuding between the autobots and decepticons, I think you're nitpicking an otherwise good movie.
That's not nitpicking. If I'm getting bored and picking my nose in the theatre waiting for some nice choreographed robot action to go on. I have to sit through the entire and not get a SINGLE fight in the movie to savor about. 0 fights.

Okay, so for every lame joke, there were at least 10 funny ones (unless you have no sense of humor). Humans only beat transformers with the help of other transformers. Also, transformers are made of metal (albeit a very strong type/alloy of metal), and humans are a moderately advanced civilization in regard to weapons. Again, this movie was also trying to be at least a little realistic, it's not a cartoon. Extremely high temperatures could definitely damage alien exoskeletal metal.
Uhh I think the lame jokes out did the funny ones. The only reason you are saying that is because the funny ones had a stronger impact. There were only a FEW funny jokes and this is a TRANSFORMERS movie. 'Not another teen movie'. I know Michael Bay wanted a different take on it, but go screw with someone elses childhood you punk.

Dude you don't even know what 'alien exoskeletal metal' is so how could you be definite about it? Transformers don't get pwned by humans. In the cartoons, humans barely don't exist anymore because Transformers colonize everything.

I disagree for obvious reasons. She's the movie's main character's romantic interest. I thought it added something.
To me, she was just a burden. Though good to look at. Doesn't fit the Transformers atmosphere.

I thought it was a good transition... and he'd been involved in the thing since he bought the car and went through that whole series of events, it wasn't "5 seconds". Again, you're being nitpicky.
Unless you're breaking down 1 event into 'series' of events, I don't know what you're talking about. I really don't. I might have to watch it again.

Because optimus prime had told him to stick the all spark in his chest if he couldn't defeat megatron, even though it would kill him. Sam reasonably assumed that it would do the same if he stuck it in megatron's chest.
How did he know it fits into Megatrons chest? It seemed very random. Again we talk about screen time. If anybody, Optimus deserved to defeat Megatron. A lot more people thought it was an ok ending I think. But it wasn't good enough for me.

Because he wanted to make Sam tremble in fear? I don't know, it's a freaking movie, stop picking the tiniest, most insignificant things if you're going to dislike it.
It makes the movie less convincing.

Don't they do the same thing in the cartoon?
I don't think so. It just doesn't look convincing. There is some visual inbalance. In the Animated Movie Hotrod's car is still pretty huge compared to daniel. But like the other guy said aboutMegatron becoming a gun. I did think about that and it seems that because they attempted a motion picture version it looks strange. But I don't mind it, it just looked not too natural you know what I mean? I think it is because in the series they were mostly around other transformers rather than humans. But like I said, it doesn't bother me too much.

Of course he can free himself. If you were listening, optimus said that there would be no way for him or the others to free him without harming the humans. That was a pretty big point.
Dude he looked like he was struggling. He coulda just snapped the bloody cables without hurting anyone. He is more important than humans trying to kidnap him in the fight against the decepticons. He looked so hopeless and subdued. If it were by the decepticons then alright hurraaay! point for the baddies.

I wanted this movie to be perfect for me. I wanted it to out do the Animated Movie. But it lacks so much, has many holes, for a fanboy like me, it just wasn't good enough. The decepticons shoulda dominated the moment they step foot like always. Michael Bay said he wanted it to be different, and he screwed up. It didn't have the serious bad *** tone of the G1. It was watered. For someone who doesn't follow the Transformers scene it will be a good movie because of the CGI and what not.

If I had to say what killed it the most for me, it was the tone of the movie/the absence of transformer drama/dialogue. I coulda sucked up the rest of the flaws. But everything just went downhill. I hope they make enough money (I'm sure they will) to go for a sequel. Already at like 70 mil of the 150 it cost to make.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I hope they make enough money (I'm sure they will) to go for a sequel. Already at like 70 mil of the 150 it cost to make.
Sequel's already on the way and possibly a third.
They plan on bringing in the constructicons, dinobots, and soundwave. Jazz is coming back and Starscream too.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Did anyone catch if starscream really did attack megatron while disguised as a an f22 raptor? I've been hearing that some people saw it, but i've seen it twice and I didn't catch it both times.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Uh, 180OP, you realize that the Transformers are actually proportioned correctly, right? That's the first thing they did for the movie, they made sure they didn't have any characters like Soundwave from the cartoon, turning from a tiny Boombox into a 30 foot tall robot. The reason Optimus Prime wasn't a flat nose semi? The largest semi available today is the one seen in the film. They wanted Optimus to be huge, so they went with that.

And I don't know what was up your audience's ***, but the entire theater was laughing their ***es off at every joke. The dog peeing, Bumblebee peeing, the entire scene where they were "hiding," "are you the tooth fairy?," etc.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I liked the movie alot, and I thought it stayed pretty true to the series. Then again, I was a Beast Wars kinda guy when I was little.....

Though, I was a bit upset that Barricade got owned by Optimus Prime about 30 minutes into the movie. Energy sword through the face... LOL...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
The movie was ok.The story and dialouge from the Transformers was some of the most boring cinema I've ever seen,but the action (like in all Michael Bay movies) was awesome. Shia Lebouf(spelling?) was good in it.Overall,decent movie. 7/10

Stryks

Smash Hero
The movie was funny, and very awesome, the lack of decepticons was lame, I mean we see starscream and megatron who are the more popular decepticons fight at the very end, and starscream did almost nothing which dissapointed me, since hes my fav. character...

Overall I like it, optimus worriying about the humans and stuff like that, a bit more dialogue between the transformers and maybe a feud between starscream and megatron like in every cartoon would have been sick, but Im guessin we can expect that in a sequel?? who know overall i give thim movie an 8.5/10...

Dibs

Smash Lord
Starscream's my favorite too. Supposedly he was one of the planes that shot down Megatron at the end though. I need to check if that's true.

He was badass in the movie though. That one scene with the other planes was awesome.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Though, I was a bit upset that Barricade got owned by Optimus Prime about 30 minutes into the movie. Energy sword through the face... LOL...

Uh..that never happened. Optimus cut off Bonecrusher's head in the last 30 minutes or so of the movie, Barricade presumably got away, or got killed in a scene that got cut out.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i thought a few things were pretty ********...like turning any machine into a robot, and for some reason they were all evil ones...aka the cell phone, the mt. dew machine...i just didn't get it...that wasn't true to the story

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
i thought a few things were pretty ********...like turning any machine into a robot, and for some reason they were all evil ones...aka the cell phone, the mt. dew machine...i just didn't get it...that wasn't true to the story

They said that all modern technology was derived from reverse engineering Megatron's technology.

Megatron is a decepticon.

Decepticons are evil.

Bringing these machines to life could only mean that they too would turn evil.

Dibs

Smash Lord
They said that all modern technology was derived from reverse engineering Megatron's technology.

Megatron is a decepticon.

Decepticons are evil.

Bringing these machines to life could only mean that they too would turn evil.
THANK YOU for that explaination, that was one of the only questions left for Transformers that I had.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What a terrible ****ing movie.

Honestly, I don't see what any of you saw. Acting was terrible, save for Jon Voight. Dialog was REALLY realistic. I know plenty people who are that boring. Seriously, was it so badly written because Michael Bay doesn't have social interactions?

The transformations were just quick flashes because they were so poorly animated. The few that moved realistically for anything of that size were still boring. I hated this movie. The comedy was terribly done and so forced. In my version I could hear the audience groan.

I saw this movie for free and I still want a ****ing refund. Thanks Michael Bay, I heard my childhood being ***** by a steel dildo with metal spikes. ****head.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Honestly, name one thing redeeming about the movie.

Shia Labeouf shoulda been crucified. The actress opposite him was the worst character in the movie ("You're a loser.... I LOVE YOU!") Dialogue was written by a monkey... no, that's cruel to monkeys. CGI was weak. Plot was decent at best.

Honestly, I am losing respect for people that thought that **** to be good.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I agree with most of what you've said CK, but how can you deem the CG in this film to be "weak"? It was really the only saving grace of the film, I found it to be quite extraordinary.

Also, don't blame Bay for the dialogue or script writing, he didn't write it.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
What a terrible ****ing movie.

Honestly, I don't see what any of you saw. Acting was terrible, save for Jon Voight. Dialog was REALLY realistic. I know plenty people who are that boring. Seriously, was it so badly written because Michael Bay doesn't have social interactions?

The transformations were just quick flashes because they were so poorly animated. The few that moved realistically for anything of that size were still boring. I hated this movie. The comedy was terribly done and so forced. In my version I could hear the audience groan.

I saw this movie for free and I still want a ****ing refund. Thanks Michael Bay, I heard my childhood being ***** by a steel dildo with metal spikes. ****head.
The problem is, you went into the theatre already assuming that it would be a bad movie, especially since Bay was directing it. It's a biased review, imo.

I personally liked the movie. The storylines and acting were cheezy, for sure, but I wasn't in it for the story - I was in it to watch some hot robot action.

Does anyone else get goosebumps when Peter Cullen goes into a narrative as Optimus Prime? I know I do. No one could do Optimus like he does.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It was bad BECAUSE he directed it poorly. I misspoke by blaming him for the horrible dialogue, but he still has some hand in what the script says.

The CGI was terrible because watch the transformations. Most of them are just quick flashes because nothing actually happens and they have to create the robot out of nothing really. The few that looked decent were Megatron and Bumblebee. Optimus I thought would be good but his transformation was still just movements to distract.

The problem is, you went into the theatre already assuming that it would be a bad movie, especially since Bay was directing it.
I didn't go to the theater. I went in with zero expectations like I do with every movie and somehow I was still disappointed.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I didn't go to the theater. I went in with zero expectations like I do with every movie and somehow I was still disappointed.
I know this movie will be total ****, since it IS Michael Bay. But, I love Transformers, so I will be going see it.
Anyway, you have your opinion, so I'll respect it. As for me, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
"Step out, or we will kill you. "

I'm kind of with Crimson on the fact that the scripting was lame, and the comedy was cheesy at best, but I didn't see anything wrong with the CGI or plot. It wasn't fantastic, sure, but it wasn't horrible or even bad. CGI was above average, storyline was a little rocky but not crazy bad... Idk, I don't have much to say. I give it a 3/5, maybe a 3.5/5.

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
Saw the movie yesterday and enjoyed it. I found it interesting how Jazz (the Autobot that talked gangster) got torn in half by Megatron and was the only Autobot to die. I liked seeing all the Decepticons in action, but whatever happend to the scorpion Decepticon that jumps off Blackout's (Helicopter) back? It got pummeled with big, heated shells, lost part of his tail, then dug back into the desert. Oh well, good movie overall.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

I'm kind of with Crimson on the fact that the scripting was lame, and the comedy was cheesy at best, but I didn't see anything wrong with the CGI or plot. It wasn't fantastic, sure, but it wasn't horrible or even bad. CGI was above average, storyline was a little rocky but not crazy bad... Idk, I don't have much to say. I give it a 3/5, maybe a 3.5/5.
well, this is based on a kids cartoon. Cheesy dialogue should be expected. I also didn't see anything wrong with the plot...and oh yeah, why they gotta kill the black robot first

Dibs

Smash Lord
It probably wasn't because he was a black robot, it was probably because he was the only one to survive the original movie. So.... whoever died in that, survived in this one.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion

well if you watched the movie, you'd know that they didn't immediatly start out saying that to the chopper. They kept telling it to move away and stop flying in their territory but it didn't respond. then on top of that, they found out that the helicopter was supposed to have crashed 3 months ago. so now they know something is seriously wrong and are justified in saying "step out or we will kill you".

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
well if you watched the movie, you'd know that they didn't immediatly start out saying that to the chopper. They kept telling it to move away and stop flying in their territory but it didn't respond. then on top of that, they found out that the helicopter was supposed to have crashed 3 months ago. so now they know something is seriously wrong and are justified in saying "step out or we will kill you".
Of course, I knew the details of that part. But the first time I heard it I just thought it was kind of a funny thing to say... now I realize after reviewing, the quotes, and explanation that it was the exceptional thing to say. Sorry for the confusion :p

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I also realized while watching the movie, what a horribly thought out storyline. Optimus tells Sam to destroy the cube by merging it with the matrix in his chest if all else fails. Sure, it destroys the cube, but Megatron is still alive, not to mention SUPER ****ING PISSED OFF. Everyone dies, etc.
This grinds my gears.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, name one thing redeeming about the movie.
Since Megatron died and they recovered a piece of the All-Spark, the decepticons can take it and the submarine transformer can retrieve Megatron and revive him, which makes 2 more sequels, and Michael Bay didn't sign on for the sequels.

On May 30, 2007, DreamWorks greenlit two sequels to Transformers.[110] Shia LaBeouf,[111] Megan Fox[112] and Peter Cullen[44] are signed on to return. Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, Constructicons, and Soundwave.[19] Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman may not return, as "the next Star Trek is taking up most of our time."[30] Michael Bay has not signed on, "trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations,"[44] but already has ideas, including an aircraft carrier character.[113] The producers expect that with a bigger budget and the special effects worked out, the Transformers will have a larger role.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Just a heads of for Transformers fans.

Look out for your the iMAX theatre near you because Transformers is being re-released on September 21st in iMAX with "new" footage!

I'm not sure what this new footage is, but I'm really hoping it's more than a couple of useless lines and something that we actually should have seen like BARRICADE DYING.

Top Bottom