• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transformers 2007

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just thought it was alright. I won't see it again

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Michael Bay slapped his name on this in the ads because he realized he had finally done something right. I still couldn't believe that this was a Michael Bay movie, way too good for his work, excluding The Rock. (But with Sean Connery & Cage, seriously how could that go wrong?)

I thought it was great, but probably just a lucky hit for Bay. It's a shame though really, so many people are going to go to Bay's next movie thinking "Oh this is the guy who did Transformers!" When realistically they should be thinking "This is the guy who butchered Armageddon with an all-star cast and made not 1, but 2 Bad Boyz movies."

jaej

Smash Journeyman
I really liked it. The only complaints I have are how it focused way more on the humans than on the transformers. The title might as well have been 'How the humans came to the brink of extinction, and also there was a big robot battle too.' And all the product placement. I mean come on, like the federal government is actually going to use macs. And notice the mac server got hacked in 10 seconds. lol. But I mean come on. How can you go wrong with huge awesome looking robots fighting other huge awesome looking robots?

And that thing with starscream at the end? Transformers 2?

Also, did anyone else pick up on the little bit they put in there about pretty much all technology being reverse engineered from megatron? That's the reason all the machines turned transformers (the mountain dew machine, the nokia phone, the xbox 360, all of which btw were clever product placements) were bad.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I liked it. Kind of upsets me that 2 sequels have already been announced, however.
Are you serious? >_< What's next? Unicron?

I absolutely adored the movie but you know what would have made it better? The original voices. Sure, the original voice for Optimus is dead(I think) but it still would have been nice.

MechanizedDeviousFox

Smash Journeyman

I absolutely adored the movie but you know what would have made it better? The original voices. Sure, the original voice for Optimus is dead(I think) but it still would have been nice.
Peter Cullen, I think that's his name, was the original voice for Optimus, and he did infact voice Optimus in the movie, after 20 years of taking a break from the character, at least that's what I've been lead to believe.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Two of my friends saw it with their families both said that the movie was great and enjoyable so I'm really looking forward to the first good movie I'm going to see in a movie theater in a while.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!

Whoops! I meant Unicron. A giant satelite from The Terminator movie wouldn't really work in a Transformers movie.

I need to lay of the weed:laugh:

Serenade.ll

Smash Rookie
That movie was epic and made of win.

Most people I know complained about the fact that it wasn't completely like the original
I know someone who complained about the movie because bumblebee wasn't a bug.. >.>

My only complaint is the overly large amount of humor they tried to jam in this movie.

Is it worth seeing? In my opinion yes it is.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If they didn't throw in a bunch of humor everyone would've come out of the theater saying "They took that movie way too seriously."

And like someone else pointed out, Peter Cullen was the original voice of Optimus Prime in the series, and is also the voice in this movie. The guy who used to be Megatron auditioned for Megatron's role, but was turned away as he didn't capture Megatron in his new form, he was trying to play him as the old Megatron. I really wish they would've had Starscream's voice a little raspier, but other than that I had no problems with the voices.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Question:

Okay, when I was a kid I watched a show called Transformers except it was 3D animation and they turned into animals and dinosaurs instead of trucks or whatever. What is the relationship between this show and the cartoon one?

jaej

Smash Journeyman
BEAST WARS!!!!

read transformers history. beast wars came several years after the original transformers series.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Soooooooo... 1-18-08, i know you all saw the trailer. What do you think it is?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm honestly not sure Dibs, I didn't even catch the name of the movie. I hate it when they do that. But it looks interesting.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I LOVED this movie!!!
One of my top 10 for sure, and thats really saying something!
The only thing i did not like was some cheezy acting by some actors....like that sector 7 police guy...:ohwell:

Redragon

_kSo_

Smash Master
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I was quite satisfied with the amout of action and the depth of the computer graphics. Simply marvelous.

But for real, this movie kicked ***. My silly friends said it was "meh, ok" kinda pissed me off. then again they thought movies like napolian dynamite and nacho libre were funny, so whatever. (I hated those movies btw. actually i only saw napolian dynamite and when i saw nacho libre was made by the same guys, i was like. uh uh no way.)

My brother hasn't seen it yet and I KNOW he would love it. I'll probably see it with him just so i can see it again ! :)

180OP

Smash Journeyman
I'm very disappointed in this movie. Michael Bay screwed up. They all screwed up. I have lots of criticism. But right now I'm just in the state of mourning.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
What could possibly have disappointed you about it? Certainly it wasn't perfect, but it was close to it.
I wouldn't go that far.

Yes, it was entertaining. Yes, the CGI was amazing. But at the end of the day, that was it. That's all it was.

Though I will give compliments for an adequate script. In the grand scheme of things, it could have been much worse (I actually thought it was pretty decent).

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, they tryed to get as many of the original voices but they guy who did Starscream died sometime ago (I think he was a standup comedian befor he did voice acting) and Peter Cullen did a few voices for the cartoon (all I know is he did Ironhide, I know he did more but I cant remeber) and who ever played Megatron also did other voices (Rumble and the other one that looked like Rumble).
Lol I wander if for the second movie they get Mr. Spock to do Galvatron again ?.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I hope they bring devastator back somehow so I can see his little constructicon stuff in action.

Starscreammmmm owned.

And I want to see soundwave next.... and NOT modernized as an iPod video or something.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Ok why I think the movie sucked.

-Not enough dialogue between the Transformers. Megatron and Prime got to the fighting right from the beginning. No drama what so ever that used to exist. Very little dialogue.

-most transformers were unrecognizable. Rachet, Ironhide...gosh what have they done to them? They looked so mechanical too unlike the original cartoons they had more humanlike features. Their running was more humanlike.

-Who was the story focused on? We have like equal screen times for Spike, the transformers and the military! What the hell? The story should have focused more on the Transformers and their feuds, the camera should have been on them more, it should be all about them!

-Stupid lame jokes. "Are you the tooth fairy?" when a transformer walks out over a little girl. "Hey mom cool!" A dumb kid says when Prime and some decepticon are rumbling over a bridge right next to the kid and his mom. The freaking ground is shaking like an earthquake, two ridiculously large transformers were going at it...cool? He shoulda **** his skeleton out!
The credit card thing, during the fight with scorponok. That was just lame. Plus humans beat a transformer? ridiculous.

-Mikaela had no role. She just took unnecessary screen time.

-The part where Spike encounters barricade? He doesn't look so alarmed as he should be. He gets into Bumblebee pretty readily with Mikaela as if he understood what was going on in like what 5 seconds? That was like the ugliest transition of story line.

-The whole military involvement was strange. as if they can outdo the transformers which they were successful of. What?!

-The scene where the transformers were hiding from Spikes parents. C'mon, do I need to explain that? The dog pissing on Ironhide and he gets all worked up? Is this a kids movie? No ones laughing. Spike is trying to pacify Ironhide as if he's some kid with a pea sized brain.

-How did Spike know to use the Allspark to kill megatron?

-Why didn't Megatron crush Spike on the building instead of slashing the floor infront of him? Megatron is no *******.

-How do the transformers go from normal size vehicles to huge *** robots?(although this concerned me the least).

-Megatron didn;t even get to LICK the bloody allspark. He didn't even get a glimpse of it and got owned. That sucks.

-Bumblebee cant free himself from humans? Which means we are more sophisticated than them? bs.

This movie was FAaaaaaaaar from perfect. Read any review of people who know from the original transformers.

For newcomers this may have been cool, but for me it was an insult.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
I admit to not having entirely read previous posts. But nonetheless.. I'm presently debating on whether I should see this movie. I also admit that, I'm not exactly a "fan" of Transformers, and as a kid I only sometimes watched the cartoon. At first, seeing the previews, I thought this movie would be very, very juvenile. But as I read from reviews (which were actually quite mixed), I thought less of this.

Is it worthwhile to see this movie, for me?

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
I only read the post before this one. And he said he didn't read **** either so there ya go.

The movie was....... ok.

(Disclaimer: I did not watch the show when I was younger. I saw it a lot, but didn't follow it at all. And it was a long time ago. So I might not have gotten some of the "jokes". But it's a movie, that I paid for, so it should be funny for me too, right?)

1) The transformers were soooooo corny. There were way too many filler moments that were supposed to be funny but weren't, and were way too long and drawn out and utterly completely pointless. Like the scene in shilah bouf's backyard. It was the only real interaction between the Transformers and it hurt to watch. All of their dialogue was forced, cliche, and way too one-dimensional. But that probably comes from the fact that they only had about 5 lines each.

2) The fight scenes, half the time I couldn't tell who was getting hit with what. They were big blobs of silver flashing all over the screen. Oh, did he just get punched in the face or shot in the back with a rocket? Isn't that megatron? Oh no wait that's a good guy...

3) Everything black about that movie was so outrageously stereotypical. Every black person in the movie was fat and loud. The transformer who acted black was like "What up G, we're here to party", then does a backflip and flashes some gang signs while he sits down. I felt like I was being whipped.

4) $10.50 for a movie!?!?

5) Actually the last thing I have to say about this movie is good, it's always good to end on an up note, right? The girl in the movie, NOT the blonde one, is in my book the newest hottest person I have ever seen. On tv anyway.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Ah **** it, now you've made me respond to each point individually:

-Not enough dialogue between the Transformers. Megatron and Prime got to the fighting right from the beginning. No drama what so ever that used to exist. Very little dialogue.
Fair enough.

-most transformers were unrecognizable. Rachet, Ironhide...gosh what have they done to them? They looked so mechanical too unlike the original cartoons they had more humanlike features. Their running was more humanlike.
Well it's not a cartoon, this was one of the major points of the movie and its special effects. They are robots, and this is just how Michael Bay and all the other people decided to design the transformers. I thought they looked very cool.

-Who was the story focused on? We have like equal screen times for Spike, the transformers and the military! What the hell? The story should have focused more on the Transformers and their feuds, the camera should have been on them more, it should be all about them!
While there should have been more focus on feuding between the autobots and decepticons, I think you're nitpicking an otherwise good movie.

-Stupid lame jokes. "Are you the tooth fairy?" when a transformer walks out over a little girl. "Hey mom cool!" A dumb kid says when Prime and some decepticon are rumbling over a bridge right next to the kid and his mom. The freaking ground is shaking like an earthquake, two ridiculously large transformers were going at it...cool? He shoulda **** his skeleton out!
The credit card thing, during the fight with scorponok. That was just lame. Plus humans beat a transformer? ridiculous.
Okay, so for every lame joke, there were at least 10 funny ones (unless you have no sense of humor). Humans only beat transformers with the help of other transformers. Also, transformers are made of metal (albeit a very strong type/alloy of metal), and humans are a moderately advanced civilization in regard to weapons. Again, this movie was also trying to be at least a little realistic, it's not a cartoon. Extremely high temperatures could definitely damage alien exoskeletal metal.

I disagree for obvious reasons. She's the movie's main character's romantic interest. I thought it added something.

-The part where Spike encounters barricade? He doesn't look so alarmed as he should be. He gets into Bumblebee pretty readily with Mikaela as if he understood what was going on in like what 5 seconds? That was like the ugliest transition of story line.
I thought it was a good transition... and he'd been involved in the thing since he bought the car and went through that whole series of events, it wasn't "5 seconds". Again, you're being nitpicky.

-The whole military involvement was strange. as if they can outdo the transformers which they were successful of. What?!
See one of the above respones.

Because optimus prime had told him to stick the all spark in his chest if he couldn't defeat megatron, even though it would kill him. Sam reasonably assumed that it would do the same if he stuck it in megatron's chest.

-Why didn't Megatron crush Spike on the building instead of slashing the floor infront of him? Megatron is no *******.
Because he wanted to make Sam tremble in fear? I don't know, it's a freaking movie, stop picking the tiniest, most insignificant things if you're going to dislike it.

-How do the transformers go from normal size vehicles to huge *** robots?(although this concerned me the least).
Don't they do the same thing in the cartoon?

-Bumblebee cant free himself from humans? Which means we are more sophisticated than them? bs.
Of course he can free himself. If you were listening, optimus said that there would be no way for him or the others to free him without harming the humans. That was a pretty big point.

Dibs

Smash Lord
Boooyyyy is someone nitpicky today. I mean.. sure I was nitpicky about spidey 3 but that just made me learn. Plus these things in transformers aren't really that much to get worked up about.

This stuff about how the transformers look is crazy. Imagine if they really DID look like the humanoid robots we've seen in the cartoons but in a live action movie. It'd look amazingly tacky. You can't ask for every little detail to be the same as the cartoon. I'm glad they changed up they're looks. It gives it a more realistic feel.

I agree with this a bit. The whole military angle was unecessary. The movie built them up in the beginning like they were going to be major players throughout the film, but by the time the final battle came along, I had already forgotten about them.

Mikaela may have had an unimportant role.... but she is fine as hell. Megan Fox... oooo weee.

Agreed, even though he did see bumble bee prior to that scene. And bumble bee had rammed himself into Barricade while he was chasing Sam so I'd trust bumble bee after that if I was him.

They surely didn't show it as well as they should have, but he probably realized that if the all spark could kill optimus if it was shoved into his chest, the same would happen to megatron.

It was actually pretty accurate considering what was available for cgi and crap.

Plus, how does megatron go from a huge *** robot to a handheld gun in the regular series? And soundwave too?

Bottomline, Transformers was the best movie this summer so far. It's not perfect, but it wasn't bad.

*EDIT* Crap, goldshadow is fast.

*EDIT2*
2) The fight scenes, half the time I couldn't tell who was getting hit with what. They were big blobs of silver flashing all over the screen. Oh, did he just get punched in the face or shot in the back with a rocket? Isn't that megatron? Oh no wait that's a good guy...
Blame Michael Bay's editting on this. When I watched the movie a second time, it was easier to follow though.

3) Everything black about that movie was so outrageously stereotypical. Every black person in the movie was fat and loud. The transformer who acted black was like "What up G, we're here to party", then does a backflip and flashes some gang signs while he sits down. I felt like I was being whipped.
Bernie mac and Anthony Anderson weren't so stereotypical as you make it seem. Jazz is a stylish and hip guy and let's face it... that's what America defines as "hip" these days, that's just how our time is right now. If this was the 60's he'd be a fonzee stereotype or something. It wasn't downright trying to make him black just to make him black.

But tyrese on the other hand....... Tyrese sucks.

4) $10.50 for a movie!?!?
This was actually the first movie in a while where I've left the theatre and felt like the ticket price was worth the price.

Top Bottom