• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tranquility - Game Over

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
F&L? I think everyone acknowledged the fact that Xonar simply outplayed everyone.
Yo, I was on his **** all of Day 1. Too bad people were stupid and decided to uncap kuz instead of me :c
But yeah that was a good game and nobody took any credit away from him doing well for once. It still doesn't happen that much I think though I can't say whether it's justified or not. I think it's rare that town loses despite playing pretty well.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Surprisingly good conversation and endgame going on right here. It makes me super happy for everyone not to try and direct blame like I've seen in the past before.

Vinyl., you need to stop taking this game so personally. I know I've called you out on a bunch of stuff (some warranted, some not) but you have to forgive me for being in the heat of the moment. If you were offended by anything then I apologize, but I will not apologize or excuse the way you played this game. It's simply unreadable and not fun for anyone who is seriously trying. There is no way to consider you town or scum because your play is quite literally unexistent. I don't need you to become a mafia prodigy within a day, but if you're really committed and if you really want to avoid the blacklist you'll try and make some improvements in the future.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also I appreciate the positive feedback I'm getting, so thanks for that. I remember having a conversation with marshy cause he's a bro with mafia and girl advice and basically i remember him telling me how it's alright to get frustrated and mad but like know when to dip out the thread and know when to have it in short bursts so it doesn't affect your play and you're not stressing yourself out

wish i remembered that during this game, but i will admit that sometimes i just need a minute to vent even if it clogs the thread (i try to throw in some humor) but ill try not to in the future but damn

i get so worked up about mafia i just really care about like doing well for my faction

#HBC | ѕoup

man now i feel ****ty i haven't been talking to marshy now im sorry bro we should talk more about favorite rap artists and **** or just whatever in general hit me up

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yo, I was on his **** all of Day 1. Too bad people were stupid and decided to uncap kuz instead of me :c
But yeah that was a good game and nobody took any credit away from him doing well for once. It still doesn't happen that much I think though I can't say whether it's justified or not. I think it's rare that town loses despite playing pretty well.

#@No one agrees with Gheb

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
. i still felt shen was legit in his claim because a cop did make sense with a bodyguard and honestly speaking you guys were going to burn me to hell and back with that one because **** you rake.
" lol it mega helps people associate my pr play with balls out badness (thanks luigi's). "

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I honestly think this is a good example of town being too indifferent to lynches, we knew as scum even though marshy wanted people to avoid vinyl / jtb and let them post and all, that people naturally get drawn to those slots as question marks because it's hard not to. Then it just came down to convincing people THEY wanted those slots gone to clear the water's on the real scum, when in fact we were just creating a bigger issue which was "who pushing these easy lynches is scum". And then the other more inactive slots were going to come in, and for them, placed against the wall with other null scummer's, they're going to jump to the easier target to save their own skin.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I guess I should ask since I didn't really see a clear reason why, but what was so bad about my jump on soup? If I wasn't V/LA at the time, how could I have approached it better?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You couldn't have. Town didn't realize you weren't scummy, your absence since the start just fueled the need to off your slot.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It wasnt too bad it was just null enough to be scummy and it helped that soup was the soup de jour (i.e people were starting to question soup) so we basically just swung that you were being opportunistic with your votes. You being absent means we were able to see your lynch through easier than if you had been around to add to your vote

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Following up and being around would have been huge. Had you got to posting i think people would've been hesitant to lynch you because of the fact that you being around and posting is at least pro town in and of itself in some senses. People would have had time to think about why you were the push and who would want to push an easier target like you, meaning inevitably your push would have possibly dropped off because people value you more alive than dead.

As i said before, town got complacent with lynches and started to find slots better dead than alive, which a townie never should want to be or let themselves become, to their best possibility.

Edit: Especially because of how we pushed the null slots, we essentially said : yeah these guys may be scum, but it doesn't matter if they are town because what will they ever do. Etc etc. Or : these slots that are tough to read or figure being around hurts towns ability to have clear connections and interactions without being distracted by all this side crap.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Circus - Killing you Night 1 was ENTIRELY my idea. You should feel honored! For real though I'm glad that Kantrip and shen eventually agreed with me - they wanted to kill Yolo. Getting rid of you asap played no minor role in our victory imo. Your play as townie is very considerate and you don't let miguided townies dictate their pace upon you.

@ Kantrip Kantrip - you might be correct when you imply that my bussing could be getting predictable. It did work out this time because there was no weak link in our team that required a bus but even though I didn't get a single vote during the entire game I definitely need to step my game up. I also understand that it seemed like I make things a bit more complicated than needed be at times - that's because as scum you have little room for error so I tend to choose the less risky option, even when the reward ould be great.

@Red Ryu - Played way too much on meta, especially @Kantrip. I've offered a perfectly legit case which you even agreed with yourself. In the end you couldn't bring yourself to just go with it because the meta-read kept you second guessing. That's your fault. Meta can work sometimes but it's not a reliable basis to read people's alignment upon. Some people are extremely consistent even through changing alignment. Some people are extremely inconsistent regardless of their alignment. Some people have enough self-awareness that they will change their play when they feel like somebody is on their meta. Try to base your reads on the content instead, it's harder but more accurate and makes you more flexible from game to game cuz right now it looks a bit like you've hit a skill "plateau".

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I guess I should ask since I didn't really see a clear reason why, but what was so bad about my jump on soup? If I wasn't V/LA at the time, how could I have approached it better?
Had you said what you posted directly after you got lynched in the first place, you wouldn't have gotten lynched.

Kantrip

Kantplay
LOL JTB your soup vote wasn't even that bad, I was literally just reaching to jump on someone. I had said in the scum QT that I wanted to depart from the Ruy vs soup that was going on and call it TvT while throwing my vote on some other random person. Your vote was the easiest thing to do that too.

Yeah Gheb I understand why you played the way you did and how it's always better to be safe. I would just say to be careful that your bussing doesn't get so predictable to the point where you tunnel your scummates when everyone else stops calling them scum and you stay on them because you don't see what everyone else saw since you know their alignment is scum. It's similar to how people in green rooms get with finding scumtells, since they know who is scum already.

Also I wouldn't say the Circus kill was entirely Gheb's idea. I had him in my pool of 3 threats (YOLO, Gorf cuz innocent townie, Circus) so he was definitely in my pool of people I wanted dead. :p

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think I worry too much about what people think of my posts, regardless of my alignment

next game I'm in I'll just spill everything I'm thinking without worrying about what others think

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think I worry too much about what people think of my posts, regardless of my alignment

next game I'm in I'll just spill everything I'm thinking without worrying about what others think
This is pretty much what I started doing when it comes to actual read posts. Just post all of your thoughts and leave them out in the open. It's kind of worked for me, and it definitely makes you easier to read.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'll still be playing mafia. I don't care about being blacklisted, I'm still going to play.
I'm not heading to newbie, I'll be sticking with mini mafia until I get back to my good roots.

I will not be forced to be removed from this subforum because of bad play, which was never my intention.
You trolled an entire game, you blatantly trolled an entire game and this isn't the first time you've done something like this. I will make sure to never /in a game I see your slot and I really do urge mods to REALLY think about adding you as a player.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@ JTB JTB

i think this games a bad example. yu can be obvtown when yu wanna be (skies of arcadia and the wall come to mind) but yu just werent here to put in work. but yeah man by all means let loose as town i dont see why innocents would be deterred by others thots on yu if yure inherently as lost in the sauce as they

speakin of lettin loose

this and some other recent gamesve reminded me why i used to just sit back and fos/vote here and there. **** this proactive approach ****** be swearing by and preach. seen too many go all in for naught. waste of time and energy. deeper into the antitown state of mind i go

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You trolled an entire game, you blatantly trolled an entire game and this isn't the first time you've done something like this. I will make sure to never /in a game I see your slot and I really do urge mods to REALLY think about adding you as a player.
No you don't. Seriously, you don't. Not until I see you being actually honest about it.

I'll be over mini mafia.

Top Bottom