• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tranquility - Game Over

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
better not mention that I would slot circus / laundry in as not very good this game
Name a town player who had a legit scumread on Washed after he got in the groove.

Now name a town player who had a scumread on you in lylo. It should be a lot easier. That's the difference.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Name a town player who had a legit scumread on Washed after he got in the groove.
I did. Everything I expressed about him was a lie to save face, and I'm going to continue to do so every game where I feel the same. For a non-me example, I don't think YOLO ever felt comfortable with a Laundry townread. Of course, you're going to say these examples don't matter, but you being scum, I can certainly say the same.

Now name a town player who had a scumread on you in lylo. It should be a lot easier. That's the difference.
There's certainly a comparison to be made between me and Laundry. We both subbed in for inactive slots. He quickly proceeded to make a page of single-response posts, which helps immensely towards gaining a townread, because posting breeds townreads. Meanwhile, Joey remained inactive nullscum. When I subbed in later in the Day, Laundry immediately and demoralizingly got on my case for my single acknowledgment post -- an opinion which got a lot of travel due to the time zone difference, and gave him town points for snarking on a slot no one else liked to begin with. Ultimately, I don't think he made an impact, and I remember many of his posts being unclear on a direction. When I made my posts in D3, they were generally regarded as good, and my only vocal detractor was your slot, after I pegged you as scum. No one quite knew what to make of me moving forward after your claim; I still had Laundry's stigma, but I was never in danger of being lynched, and by the end of D3 I was consistently affecting the game through my interactions, as remarked upon by several people. As for Laundry, I didn't stop looking at him until he was shot, and you would have been better off shooting Ryu.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're entitled to your opinion in that second paragraph, and frankly I don't understand the town logic in the first; but if you honestly believe Laundry was a bigger contributor to doubt on your slot than your own play I'd say strongly reconsider your evaluation of the game. I'll just say thanks for the Alpha and leave it at that.

Red_Antoine

Smash Apprentice
ryu

i would be totally up for doing this again just as long as we use the Hydra and I totally hope we can. This was really fun; I was kind-of sad that I didn't get to post much but when you're having to animate for 18+ hours you almost forget about things (usually I'm able to multitask when I'm busy)

I had a lot of fun. Honestly, this was one of the more interesting games I've been in in a long time, and not only because of the hydra

so who was scum

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Honestly if your name wasn't Circus or WashedLaundry: you don't get to say "good", only "not as bad as a modkilled slot and a slot who actively resisted playing" from my point of view. Yolo gave us more to work with alive then dead, and that's not a good thing. They certainly tried harder than many of the slots present here though and that is commendable, including yours Nabe. I kept expecting you to come in with some reads and turn things around for town but you just let yourself be a null-scum slot instead.

(I don't want to be the kind of person who puts people down, but this showing was not good, arguably even from our side of things, but the amount of lacking in town's ranks this game made it easy to be as anti-town as possible and get away with it.)
Come on I played well it's not my fault the bodyguard got wrecked D1 by himself.

Oh and I think Circus played well. Laundry not so much (but definitely not bad <3) but YOLO's reads were getting good. If town WASN'T ******** about the way they handled your fake claim, this game may have ended much more differently.

Oh and rule of thumb for safeclaim: DON'T claim that you asked the mod for your sanity and that they confirmed it. No mod will ever do that in the history of decent mods.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : Haha yeah you did okay, but it's really hard to objectively analyze your play because you were cleared form the get go and only lived until JTB was lynched so it's hard to say if you would have taken it anywhere if allowed to stay a clear. Yolo was getting better but not fast enough to take it out of lylo, and frankly it was Washed who scared us in the scum QT by actually applying logic to things in D3 wrt the Yolo wagon forming. Town was losing it and it was starting to feel like he was the only one who was going to gain traction again so we offed him. That's just my opinion though, I know he made a lot of bad calls as well throughout.

Also yeah claiming confirmation was a mistake that I realized as soon as Washed was like "well that's rare", but at least it's hard to meta the mod about it as far as slips. I was much more concerned about when Rake accidentally came in and said "Yeah we're confirmed" before seeing that I said I didn't know and having to be like "OHHH you mean mod confirmed? JK let me ask." I'm amazed no one grilled us to death about that one.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
But I mean in general as a more broad question. I can't think of a game where town lost and they actually thought scum played well enough to deserve the win.
F&L? I think everyone acknowledged the fact that Xonar simply outplayed everyone.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gorf I still think you're wrong there when the doesn't mention sanity and some mods don't say this which I think is **** modding.

Yes sanity is a thing but a lot if mods when considering that will put something there if it is a thing. Some mods will confirm others won't.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Of course. But if it's not confirmed from the get go, no mod will just confirm it. There's a reason cops are informed sanity and uninformed sanity, and a mod wouldn't make a cop informed halfway though.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd think the only potential reason for it would have been oversight. Not mentioning sanity from simply forgetting sanity is sometimes an issue and then judging that due to the setup you should have been informed from the get go and correcting it now that it was asked. That was the kind of impression from the interaction we reported I was hoping for since Kary was going on about not having flavor up to snuff.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sigh.

I kinda figured this would happen, that someone would just needlessly get shot on a quickhammer when scum was all online together. At the end of D3, I just felt like I was going in circles and that the scum was leading me on overall and that's exactly what they did. We busied ourselves with removing question marks like JTB (as much as you try to deny it Gorf, he was a question mark and he would sit there) and Vinyl. while we made no process in finding the scumteam. In the meantime, they just sat in circle around the entirety of town, holding guns at each other so as to look like they weren't attached. Potato pushed Shen all game, Gheb pushed Potato all game, Shen was Shen in general. I don't think town could've won that. I have no real complaints, just that this game was an example of why we can't just policy lynch slots and why Vinyl shouldn't play mafia in general.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What a dreadful game though, good ****ing god. I want to just forget about this monstrosity.

New Rule: Quicklynching is a stupid ****ing idea and the HBC mentality is losing us games.
Quicklycnh was legitimately an accident. You can't blame the modkill on Marshy and by Vinyl's death, that slot could not be around anymore. I don't know why this post is relevant.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It keeps ****ing happening too. This is literally Luigi's Mansion 2.0, and I was scum in it. This really needs to stop. We need to have an intervention because townies keep making the same stupid mistakes. It's so frustrating.
Sans the cockfights, more stupid lynches due to inactive or bad slots.

I honestly was relieved to learn you were town. I would'v ebeen so ****ing pissed if you were talking down to town about how we lost Luigi's Mansion only for you to be scum again.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
New Rule: Unless explained, Bad Play doesn't instantly equal Scum. There's too many ****ing assumptions being made without a concrete argument.
Nah, the only real rule that should come of this game is that Vinyl. shouldn't be allowed to play mafia here anymore, arguably BSP as well. Wasted ****ing lynches because of these slots.

Oh hey vinyl, i see you're viewing the thread, please call me an ass some more

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll still be playing mafia. I don't care about being blacklisted, I'm still going to play.
I'm not heading to newbie, I'll be sticking with mini mafia until I get back to my good roots.

I will not be forced to be removed from this subforum because of bad play, which was never my intention.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Oh and inactives made this hell. I mean at least care enough to catch up and respond at one point in the day. Like taking a crap! Circus posts maybe at one sitting a day, and his content flow is nowhere near inactive.

Oh an at the same time learn to not hound the thread and ACTING HAIR-ON-YOUR-CHEST CONFIDENT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME IS NOT GOOD PLAY LIKE I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE DOES THIS.
I'm not even mad for getting beat like this. I'm disappointed that we blew three lynches on BSP, Vinyl., and JTB only for Soup to get quicklynched in LyLo, I'm disappoitned in the result, I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm not really mad at this. Scum had a perfect game where they didn't at all appear to play like a team and handled pressure against each other quite well while town kept getting distracted by Vinyl and JTB and BSP and **** like that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Still avoiding heated arguments and playing the game the right way. Bit by Bit, Chunk by Chunk.

And not listen to soup's exaggerated threats.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'll still be playing mafia. I don't care about being blacklisted, I'm still going to play.
I'm not heading to newbie, I'll be sticking with mini mafia until I get back to my good roots.

I will not be forced to be removed from this subforum because of bad play, which was never my intention.
Bad play? Try "not even ****ing playing". You had like one post about reads, every single one of your other ones was geared towards complaining about how other people were being ***** to you (when they were legitimately mad at how you didn't even play in the first place) or saying how you weren't going to be here or some ****. Maybe blacklisting is a bit extreme but after this game, I don't ever want to play a mafia game with you again, not even if your "good roots" are outstanding ****ing play. When your preoccupation in game is to avoid playing the game with every single fiber of your being, that is not a player I want in my games nor to be playing with or against. Please don't waste people's time, Vinyl.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Damn our community is negative.

When's the last game where town legitimately agreed they played their best but lost to being outplayed by scum?
I'll admit that scum played a magnificent game. I'm not quite sure how but you all pressured each other throughout the game and had at least one (if not both) of their mates on their respective scumlists in LyLo, yet none of you got lynched. No one could pin a scumteam down on that as well. It was well ****ing done and anyone who can't admit to that is wrong. You guys did well and I'm not mad for losing to you. I'm more mad at slots like Vinyl and BSP for behaving like children this game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm interested in seeing what I need to look for readwise it hue to handlegames with a lot if inactives. I think it's something u keep getting caught up in recently.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You know, that's fine and ****, but I just don't to see **** like this.

I don't even want to defend myself right now.
Then stop viewing the thread. You played like ****, people don't like it, and you're sitting here whining about the fact that you believe you're capable of playing a big game like this when your history proves otherwise. No one here wants to play a game with you again after this game and they're perfectly validated in feeling that way.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I did. Everything I expressed about him was a lie to save face, and I'm going to continue to do so every game where I feel the same. For a non-me example, I don't think YOLO ever felt comfortable with a Laundry townread. Of course, you're going to say these examples don't matter, but you being scum, I can certainly say the same.

There's certainly a comparison to be made between me and Laundry. We both subbed in for inactive slots. He quickly proceeded to make a page of single-response posts, which helps immensely towards gaining a townread, because posting breeds townreads. Meanwhile, Joey remained inactive nullscum. When I subbed in later in the Day, Laundry immediately and demoralizingly got on my case for my single acknowledgment post -- an opinion which got a lot of travel due to the time zone difference, and gave him town points for snarking on a slot no one else liked to begin with. Ultimately, I don't think he made an impact, and I remember many of his posts being unclear on a direction. When I made my posts in D3, they were generally regarded as good, and my only vocal detractor was your slot, after I pegged you as scum. No one quite knew what to make of me moving forward after your claim; I still had Laundry's stigma, but I was never in danger of being lynched, and by the end of D3 I was consistently affecting the game through my interactions, as remarked upon by several people. As for Laundry, I didn't stop looking at him until he was shot, and you would have been better off shooting Ryu.
honestly speaking i expect this from you guys because you're smart enough to have seen me completely blindside towns as scum. you always read me as scum (and i ****ing knew your read was fake) and i 100% expected that marshy was always looking at me as well. it's completely fair though, because i spent the entire game keeping my eye on marshy and a lot of the time on you and can claim i was never comfortable with either of you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : Haha yeah you did okay, but it's really hard to objectively analyze your play because you were cleared form the get go and only lived until JTB was lynched so it's hard to say if you would have taken it anywhere if allowed to stay a clear. Yolo was getting better but not fast enough to take it out of lylo, and frankly it was Washed who scared us in the scum QT by actually applying logic to things in D3 wrt the Yolo wagon forming. Town was losing it and it was starting to feel like he was the only one who was going to gain traction again so we offed him. That's just my opinion though, I know he made a lot of bad calls as well throughout.

Also yeah claiming confirmation was a mistake that I realized as soon as Washed was like "well that's rare", but at least it's hard to meta the mod about it as far as slips. I was much more concerned about when Rake accidentally came in and said "Yeah we're confirmed" before seeing that I said I didn't know and having to be like "OHHH you mean mod confirmed? JK let me ask." I'm amazed no one grilled us to death about that one.
honestly speaking my head was so lost after i said "**** it" and lynched vinyl. i could've gone in a few different directions at the start of d3. the yolo wagon was ****ing gross (it actually said more about his alignment than anything he did, keep that in mind) but i never felt the same about the potato wagon. i still felt shen was legit in his claim because a cop did make sense with a bodyguard and honestly speaking you guys were going to burn me to hell and back with that one because **** you rake. gheb may have been caught? i dunno, the only really weird thing came after i knew he was scum--it was when he suddenly stopped pushing potato to lynch nabe in lylo. that was the only really off move i saw from him all game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think you misunderstand the meaning of "blacklist."

Personally, if anyone truly deserves a blacklisting based on this game, it's BSP because of that stunt D1. Completely uncalled for and in direct opposition to his wincon. It's not fair to the faction and it's not fair to the host. Games aren't balanced to account for play like that and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Vinyl, I'll be happy to play with you again if I know that you actually intend to play the game. As it stands, I just have no idea how to handle you no matter what alignment you may be in a game because I never truly feel your presence. Even players who are known to be less active (plenty of people would probably count me in that group, no shots intended) will provide content of some kind at some point. You make yourself a total enigma in every game you play, only unlike other persistent enigmas (like Nabe, for example), I never sense any tactical motivation behind that kind of play. There's very little you can do with a slot that you can't build trust with outside of killing it or ignoring it and hoping for the best, and that sucks for everyone.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
honestly speaking my head was so lost after i said "**** it" and lynched vinyl. i could've gone in a few different directions at the start of d3. the yolo wagon was ****ing gross (it actually said more about his alignment than anything he did, keep that in mind) but i never felt the same about the potato wagon. i still felt shen was legit in his claim because a cop did make sense with a bodyguard and honestly speaking you guys were going to burn me to hell and back with that one because **** you rake. gheb may have been caught? i dunno, the only really weird thing came after i knew he was scum--it was when he suddenly stopped pushing potato to lynch nabe in lylo. that was the only really off move i saw from him all game.
Well I'm very glad to hear we kept everyone guessing on our own credit beyond the policy lynches helping us along.

I think one thing a lot of people probably glazed over is the fact that if any one of us died in lylo, there would be a likely mislynch afterwards instead of connections, and that was a fantastic feeling to have in the QT on that final day. The "Even if we screw up here somehow we're pretty much going to win on connections anyways" is certainly nice to have.

Also heck yes were we going to ride the Rake card for all it was worth lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJymdkB1u_s

PS: There is no muzzle

Top Bottom