• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm glad I didn't play you guys today. I had been doing pretty horrible all day long. Overall I can say I had some pratice with n00b.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
I know what you mean about getting discouraged. I recently played smash against my friend DDD, and failed. it was hhorrible. I had to bring out my Lucas and only Lucas did a pretty good job. I really don't want to give up on ness, si I'm with you guys too on trianing to better my ness. I just can't that pk jump to work perfectly or do a retreating fair well. I think it's because of the multiple hits it does.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I just can't that pk jump to work perfectly or do a retreating fair well. I think it's because of the multiple hits it does.
PK jump isnt that useful, imo >.< I got it down but its tough to incorporate in game. i like pivot pk fire more xD

Retreating fair is pretty simple...jump backwards and push the c stick the way you are facing, not jumping. the point of retreating fair is to hit them with the tips of the sparkles, not the middle.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I don't even use the c stick when I do a retreating fair, its just a bit harder to use at the spur of the moment I think.

btw I am not attending this months gigs, so I have more time to train. I was working on my dk a lot cause I was planning on going to gigs with him, but now I have time to train my ness moar. Problem is my cousin has my wii, hes gonna use it as a setup for friendlies so we'll have to wait more.. :x

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i dont know if its just a psychological thing or not but in making an attempt to use the c stick while thundersliding made it a lot easier for me to pull it off consistently (meaning i had the idea that the c stick works better for DI, it might have influence in this case as well)

it was pretty satisfying to dash off a platform on battlefield, cirlce the thunder 360 around ness' body and shoot him back the way he came for a ko

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
BTW. I was unable to play against anyone for a few weeks since my cousin had my wii, but now I have it back and it would be possible to get some friendlies online (yes yes i know) if at all possible.

Hope its okay that I bumped this, it was about to reach the second page :x

Uffe

Smash Hero
I haven't played Brawl for six days. Unfortunately the Wii is dead, otherwise I'd play you.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I'm going to assume that was to uffe?

Also, uffe what happened to your wii? I mean, why is it "dead"?

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Well you assume wrong. >.>
lol alright well I can add you to my friend code, but I need to know a general time you would be on since I have to disconnect my ethernet cord from pc to wii to connect.

also, sucks uffe. 7 days seems like a long time now and I'm not the one in that situation.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Well I added afro and upwnedbykaiibi
let me know when you can play, I have classes on weekdays except tuesday and friday and weekends obviously ~
and dont worry kaiibi, i just got wrecked by shaky so i'm not that great either :(

mobilisq

Smash Ace
hey uffe, what system menu version do you have on your wii?

if it's old enough, you could always try the homebrew route and see if you can boot through ocarina to make the console forcefully read the disc

Top Bottom