• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trainer = 40 characters.... read why...

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
ive just been suprised by todays update.
pokemon trainer is a character.
that means they are willing to use a valuable character space again for the pokemon series.
this concludes my point 100% that there will be tons of characters in this game.
im guessing 45
im super serious , he brought another pokemon into this game.
there will be a ****load of characters. dont be stingey anymore. this confirms it.

(i thought ash would be a AT that would throw venasaur,blastoise, and charizard at the same time on stage, a few months back... this was a close prediction)

but wtf?

who else believes there will be a grip of characters in brawl??

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'm prety sure there will be around 45 characts, but this logic makes no sense.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
no there will b a lot of characters
because this is crap
the only way they make this better is if they take out a couple pokemon

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
that means they are willing to use a valuable character space again for the pokemon series.
this concludes my point 100% that there will be tons of characters in this game.
I don't get it lol
Doesn't really makes sense..

There was always a chance that there would be some characters from Melee that would be left behind or replaced.

PT may just be a replacement for Pichu and M2.
PT IS pretty important to the Pokemon series, and having such a unique moveset, he is indeed worth having in Brawl.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
well i meant was.
that there will be more than we expect cause red was more than we expected.
so expect 45 characterS!!!!

iMichael

Smash Lord
Honestly Im thinking this game is going to have 40-45 characters....but thats just me

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
well i meant was.
that there will be more than we expect cause red was more than we expected.
so expect 45 characterS!!!!
-We expect there to be around 40 characters
-We weren't expecting Pokemon Trainer

= More characters than me expect right?

I agree a lil bit.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
However, it seems to come with drawbacks, simply because there are 2 new pokes (how I loathe them) and one changed from a item doesn't make it bad. This makes the poke fans happy without consuming more then one character slot allowing more choices, also it plays in a way we have seen before, nor be able to play otherwise.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Basically you're saying that there has to be a lot of characters if they would add a new Pokemon character, right? Why wouldn't they add a new Pokemon character? That's one of their biggest franchises, of course they were going to add a new character from it. It wouldn't surprise me if we still get another new Pokemon character.

I think that there will be over 40 characters too, but this doesn't prove it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
people, people, your missing the true point, theres now three more pokemon in smash bros, and thats about 4 too many
However they're all in "one character" meaning they're taking up one spot.

A genius idea, might I add? So many people wanted the starters but they didn't think one could be chosen over another, Sakurai came up with the perfect solution.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
However they're all in "one character" meaning they're taking up one spot.

A genius idea, might I add? So many people wanted the starters but they didn't think one could be chosen over another, Sakurai came up with the perfect solution.
If only they had used the third generation starters... Then we coulda had MUDKIP.

And Blaziken, since so many peopled wanted freakin' Blaziken.

(Before I get flamed or something, truth be told I prefer the original starters. Edit: Except for Treecko. Treecko is way cooler than Bulbasaur.)

Kentalish

Smash Lord
man i dont think theres going to be 45 i think around 36... because i know alot of people here are going to do this lol... OHH Wolfs ins brawl... master him.... OMG dedede... change to him... and go on and on and on... sometimes to much of something is a bad thing... in this case characters

edit: i meen to many ****ty characters... like paper mario and stuff like that

Fawriel

Smash Master
This thread is confusing. I don't get what half of you are saying.

Anyway.

I think I probably disagree with the reasoning of the first poster, but... ****.
We have Assist Trophies... we have really cool original random enemies in Adventure Mode.
We have Final Smashes that summon and change stuff.

And now we have a character who consists of FOUR DIFFERENT MODELS, and even more if my theory is correct that you can switch between different trainers.

Character models suddenly don't seem like such a big deal anymore.
They are including a ****LOAD of new things.
I wouldn't be surprised to see around 45 characters now.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
there probably will be 45 characters with duos and trios... but for selectable im still going to say 36
That's a horrible Prediction. Assuming that about half the characters will be duos and trios puts the duos and trios to shame, and takes away the uniqueness.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
77 updates seem like quite a lot, its probably going to switch from small item (banana peal) to more major things (characters, items, game modes) and multi updates the closer to the release date.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
@Nilok i said around 36 so ill say 36-40

for the 77 updates like i said theres going to be around 14 characters plus unlockables so by the end of the updates there should be around 31including peach metanight and snake characters 32 if u count zamus if they still do one character per week .... NVM ill shutup now 42-45 cause theres going to be 10+ unlcokable characters

Tanea

Smash Ace
i think that the trainer seems like a good because its like 3 character in one and at that a pokemon.Now there is less likely to be more pokemon don't get me wrong i like the pokemon i just don't want it to become like the mario franchise part of the game . still i can't wait to se who else is in it

goodkid

Smash Lord
Of course there will be more than 40 characters. I always thought that 40 characters seemed to small for Brawl. If this game is to last a long time, and with so many character suggestions, I expect 40-50 characters.

Text Only Sword

Smash Rookie

Anyway.

I think I probably disagree with the reasoning of the first poster, but... ****.
We have Assist Trophies... we have really cool original random enemies in Adventure Mode.

And now we have a character who consists of FOUR DIFFERENT MODELS, and even more if my theory is correct that you can switch between different trainers.

Three different models. It looks like Red just stands around in the background shouting and pointing like an idiot.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Pokemon is the second highest seller franchise-wise right after Mario. I think them getting more spots is very reasonable, even if I never play the games...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
For those who don't understand what he is saying.
Think that. Sakurai is not crazy. He would never waste 3 character development time in just one character. And you have to agree that 3 pokemons with a full moveset each consume the same time than 3 normal characters.

So, what that mean?
That making a character now is very easier than we thougth, so probably Sakurai will make soo many characters that he don't worry about using 3x the normal time for just one character.

Another point, is, if they have time enough for 6+ pokemon reps in brawl (counting jiggly and mewtwo are in), so how many mario, zelda will have?

PS: I don't know if i was clearly enough [my english is very bad] but hope you understand the point.
PS: this is not MY point it's what i understood of his post

The dude look exactly the same, and carry the same Pokemon. A lot of people are going to call him Ash you might as well get used to it.
Actually, Ash never had an Ivysaur.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
ive just been suprised by todays update.
im guessing 45
im super serious , he brought another pokemon into this game.
there will be a ****load of characters. dont be stingey anymore. this confirms it.

(i thought ash would be a AT that would throw venasaur,blastoise, and charizard at the same time on stage, a few months back... this was a close prediction)

but wtf?

who else believes there will be a grip of characters in brawl??

Jeez just because you don't like Pokemon Characters...

Pokemon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise. It sells more then Starfox, Zelda, Metroid, and Kirby combined. It's got every right to have more characters then all of the other series except for the Mario gang. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that they wasted a space on another pokemon character. Sheeesh.

Anyway.

I think it's a matter of Quality vs Quantity. If Sakurai wants to spend 3x the amount of effort to make one character really interesting. Then good for him. I don't think there's any proof that the character count has increased dramatically because of this. I say that ~35 is still a lot of characters if they get rid of/rework the clones.

Smash Ace
Give me 10 good reasons why they should take any given character out.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
35-40 is a safe estimate to begin with, and today's update has nothing to do with it.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
the amount of newcomers thusfar make me very happy. we can expect a very healthy line up for brawl. although the reasoning in this thread is IMO, pointless and doesnt make sense. i do agree that a 40 character mark is definitely possible at this point...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
the amount of newcomers thusfar make me very happy. we can expect a very healthy line up for brawl. although the reasoning in this thread is IMO, pointless and doesnt make sense. i do agree that a 40 character mark is definitely possible at this point...peace

-hiroshi

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i dont get why so many people are against pokemon being in brawl. pokemon are awesome. i'm not saying they're better than everyone else. but seriosuly im tired of people wanting them out. Besides what not to like about the pokemon trainer, maybe his costume change allows him to dress up as the other main game characters. Also how could you say no to being Charizard.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Give me 10 good reasons why they should take any given character out.
Stupid way to start an arguement. Can you give me 10 good reasons why the hell they shouldn't take any given character out? Most people will only come up with four or five before they start repeating themselves, even with iconic Nintendo characters like Mario. Then the other person will poke holes in the other arguements by saying they're not good enough. Since a good reason is a subjective term. It's not about how many reason you can find, it's how good the point behind the arguement is.

Just like this whole stupid problem. It's not about how many characters Sakurai can add. It's how good they make the game.

Sakurai said they're removing characters. So face it not every character is returning.

Top Bottom