• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trail of Destruction - Stage Viability Discussion Thread

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
SV is my favorite stage for Ganon, in general. Some matchups call for BF or FD instead though.

IMO, the biggest difference between this stage and Battlefield is that it's much harder to space with full hop Nair on battlefield, due to the fact that FH Nair lands on the side platforms of BF, but not the moving SV platform. For matchups where lots of Nair is involved, try to avoid BF.

That aside, this is pretty much my go-to stage:

If MK bans FD, take him here.

If Diddy bans BF, take him here.

If Wario bans FD, take him here.

If Falco bans BF, take him here (though a lot of Falcos love BF, I feel it's the best neutral for Ganon in this matchup).

Most other chars, I'll probably feel most comfortable on SV, with a few exceptions that I'm too lazy to think of.

I really like the platform on this stage because it has roughly a 25% chance of giving Ganon an extra option while recovering. Also, if your opponent happens to fall onto the platform and miss the tech, you usually get a free punish with Uair (or Fair/aerudo if you're feeling saucy). Same goes with falling air dodges onto the platform, which is harder to punish but happens a lot more often. Punish air dodges people.

The timing for Ganon's full hop platform cancel is easy, and it can often expand your aerial game a bit more vertically, and make baiting an air dodge easier since you get another jump+double jump. Surprise platform cancel->boot to the face is always fun too.

Not sure what else to add, this is a pretty basic stage.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Platform canceling is where you end up on a platform laglessly by slightly pressing a shoulder button, right?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mentioned earlier, Brinstar in general ****s on your options especially if you are bad at adapting to lava. 90% of the cast can't really pressure the side platforms because most aerials in this game are just frankly bad for that, and Ganon isn't excluded from this, but most characters have better mobility than him so thus can get more out of platform camping Ganon. Ganon gets nothing out of Brinstar, besides the fact the ICs and Falco are technically hurt more by this stage. He's also one of few characters in this game that hates dealing with uneven terrain especially against small characters.

Most characters are hurt less than Ganon by Brinstar since they have more mobility and care less about uneven terrain. However in particular you should absolutely never go to Brinstar against Metaknight, G&W, Luigi, and Mario. You can't even platform camp these characters on Brinstar if they know how to abuse the stage and their AMAZING aerial platform pressure options.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd also say Marth would probably be a bad idea. The stage is way too small for it to ever work.

Top Bottom