• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Tracking the Ninja - Greninja Video Thread

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's not really saving yourself though, if you hit the edge and wallcling afterwards you HAVE to drop eventually right? Pretty sure there's no other way to get back on stage after that unfortunately... It's cost me alot of games too trying to sweetspot the edge horizontally.
You can jump off the wall during wallcling and grab the ledge. Wall jumping is still possible, just not double jumps or upB.

Makani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CLF.Makani
You can jump off the wall during wallcling and grab the ledge. Wall jumping is still possible, just not double jumps or upB.
I guess you could save yourself... The spot you bounce off has to be real precise though, like the exactly upper edge of the ledge. Any lower and you can't jump high enough to grab the ledge.

Evilvito

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm starting off playing smash with Wii U and would like it if someone gave me quick tips. Here is s typical video of me playing against my friend. My friend I play against used to be some Brawl pro or something.
I didn't want to make a new thread and anything will help (I know I SD'd at the end)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Now there's a match-up you don't see every day. Any chance you might know the name of this Greninja player?
I can't read Japanese, so no. It's weird since I fight a crap ton of Mr. Game & Watches, especially as Falco. I swear they have a vendetta against me.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
So hey, I'm back with three more battles for you guys:

Me vs SE501 (Sheik)

I dedicate the first ten seconds to Mocha because the struggle is very real.
Nice fights! I especially liked that sourspot usmash into dsmash in the second game. That was cool to watch. Just watch your SS's back on to stage. Your opponent seemed to be catching on to that much more by the last match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XRDR9JdPAY
Here's me vs a Rosalina player offline. We started running customs this week, so that was interesting. I just prefer default Greninja though.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Now there's a match-up you don't see every day. Any chance you might know the name of this Greninja player?
The greninja player is Jin. This is from a low tier Wi-Fi tourney

EDIT: From another low tier tourney it's Some's Falco/Greninja vs Robin and Black Pit. He's one of those Vine combo players you probably seen already.

http://youtu.be/J9RuyYJDIdk

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Hey guys, remember when I said that I was going to make a Greninja montage? Well, after many delays, here it is!

Dat X/Y gym leader batter remix!

This was a well-made video! I really enjoyed it. Those Pacman gimps were absolutely priceless!
:substitute:/10

I was supposed to post this yesterday...

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Dat X/Y gym leader batter remix!

This was a well-made video! I really enjoyed it. Those Pacman gimps were absolutely priceless!
:substitute:/10

I was supposed to post this yesterday...
Haha, I was wondering if I was going to get any feedback on the montage. Yeah, the Pac-Man clips are probably my favorites.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
aMSa. there were 2 or 3 other Greninja matches on this channel, but not on the same level as him

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh man Sonic is such a pain.

I'm afraid of ever going against a high-level Sonic. Though I've gone against some pretty good ones and managed to do decently in spite of losing.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
So a tournament set I was in with Zee's Villager was posted on youtube (Was from NeoNebulous #3 stream).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLj6VTA_9To Vs. Villager (Skip to around 3:53 for Greninja, 1st round was with Sonic)

Customs were allowed here. Other than that, been trying to incorporate tilts a bit more and I should be less afraid of doing things lol. Get too nervous and make mistakes in tourneys sometimes especially in NYC, that region is stacked x.x.

D

Deleted member

aMSa. there were 2 or 3 other Greninja matches on this channel, but not on the same level as him
I watched that tournament the other night and there were a lot of Greninja players... I swear Greninja is the equivalent of Diddy Kong in Japan.
So a tournament set I was in with Zee's Villager was posted on youtube (Was from NeoNebulous #3 stream).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLj6VTA_9To Vs. Villager (Skip to around 3:53 for Greninja, 1st round was with Sonic)

Customs were allowed here. Other than that, been trying to incorporate tilts a bit more and I should be less afraid of doing things lol. Get too nervous and make mistakes in tourneys sometimes especially in NYC, that region is stacked x.x.
That's the reaason why I haven't attended any tournaments yet, Tri-state is filled with monsters. Pretty nice Greninja though!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
(C) is consomme, the guy that posts all those Greninja footstool combos on vine.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I stopped following this thread...

Anyways, I have an online match I played on Smashladder today. Played with customs versus this person with a nice Villager and other characters. I played 2 matches against her with Greninja and recorded this one. It was a close match. I used 3112 Greninja and it seems that she used 1313 Charizard.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
hello my gre Ninjas! Here I practice some tech I learned from aMsa's greninja (praise be to asMa) @ Mocha Mocha what you all think of my progression?

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Massive update incoming...

@ Shack Shack and @ Foster J. Foster J. Thanks for the aMSa videos, guys. It's always great to expand his tab of videos :D

@ Evilvito Evilvito Added a name tab for you. Don't worry dude, just keep practicing, and you'll feel more comfortable with the character. I won't deny he feels very weird to use, especially if someone is picking him up, or trying to get a feel of his moves. Keep it up!

@ Ludiloco Ludiloco Added the Duck Hunt bullying to our Other section :p

@ Ffamran Ffamran Thanks for bringing in those videos, and the combo vid too. Added a name tab for Rice (hope to see more of his stuff too), and added the other vids as well in the appropriate categories.

@ elusiveTranscendent elusiveTranscendent Got your match vs Rosalina up. Keep it up Elu, I've been seeing some improvement from you.

@ Xiao-Xiao Xiao-Xiao and @ momochuu momochuu Thanks for posting some more Japanese Greninjas, whether they're known or not. Added.

@ BlueTerrorist BlueTerrorist Added a name tab for you. Keep it up with both of your mains, dude. Hope you don't give up on the froggie :')

@x Snoopy Thanks for linking Megafox's Greninja (which I didn't even know he had one lol). Added a tab for him as well.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 I gotchu, sis. :151:

@ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew You've been getting a lot better, keep it up! Also, I stacked your FG matches this time, rather than separating them, if that's cool. The original post is getting SUPER tiny now with all these latest vids. I may actually ask the mod if I can separate the second half of the player listing onto the second post. This is good though, the more Greninjas, the better.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Massive update incoming...

@ Shack Shack and @ Foster J. Foster J. Thanks for the aMSa videos, guys. It's always great to expand his tab of videos :D

@ Evilvito Evilvito Added a name tab for you. Don't worry dude, just keep practicing, and you'll feel more comfortable with the character. I won't deny he feels very weird to use, especially if someone is picking him up, or trying to get a feel of his moves. Keep it up!

@ Ludiloco Ludiloco Added the Duck Hunt bullying to our Other section :p

@ Ffamran Ffamran Thanks for bringing in those videos, and the combo vid too. Added a name tab for Rice (hope to see more of his stuff too), and added the other vids as well in the appropriate categories.

@ elusiveTranscendent elusiveTranscendent Got your match vs Rosalina up. Keep it up Elu, I've been seeing some improvement from you.

@ Xiao-Xiao Xiao-Xiao and @ momochuu momochuu Thanks for posting some more Japanese Greninjas, whether they're known or not. Added.

@ BlueTerrorist BlueTerrorist Added a name tab for you. Keep it up with both of your mains, dude. Hope you don't give up on the froggie :')

@x Snoopy Thanks for linking Megafox's Greninja (which I didn't even know he had one lol). Added a tab for him as well.

@ Jaguar360 Jaguar360 I gotchu, sis. :151:

@ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew You've been getting a lot better, keep it up! Also, I stacked your FG matches this time, rather than separating them, if that's cool. The original post is getting SUPER tiny now with all these latest vids. I may actually ask the mod if I can separate the second half of the player listing onto the second post. This is good though, the more Greninjas, the better.
Anything you can do Mocha is appreciated. You keep sharing the love, ill keep supplying it

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
(C) is consomme, the guy that posts all those Greninja footstool combos on vine.
Wrong. (C) is a fox player named (C) lol. Consome is そめ

I'll also randomly add that its pretty widely agreed among amsa and other top Japanese greninja players that Lea is the best right now. You should be looking up his stuff/watching him and amsa play when they stream together. I learn something new every time.

If you don't have a nicovideo account...idk why you don't lol just get one. And follow aMSa's stream when it goes live.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/2252888

Last edited:
Top Bottom