• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Did anyone just read the article about Sakurai's weekly Famitsu column on Nintendo Life? Apparently Sakurai said that the "true potential" of the Wii U version will be revealed soon. Oh my. It's happening.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
For me it's more in hot water . I wanted to know about the wonder-red because It's strange for sakurai for not say if he was a AT or not Playable ...I just Wait for the futur (?) Wii U direct . If he annonce smash world and the same concept ... Then it´s true if not then false but i dont give any attention about this leak anymore . Soo bad , i miss AT Isaac ...

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
To be fair, the ToS leak never said anything about Wonder Red being playable, so the ToS leak is safe either way. And I hear the Smash World leak is in hot water if not dead, so really, discussing Wonder Red seems moot at this point :/

As for the ToS leak, I'm just gonna wait for something conclusive either way before I react. I do like that stage list though, and a lot of these details are difficult to come up with. But we'll wait and see.
You're right. Since the ToS leak still haven't debunked yet, maybe we should leave the Smash World leak aside and continue discussing about the ToS leak. And speaking of stage leaks, I just got some theories I've thought about it, but since double posting ain't allowed, I'll wait until someone posts after this.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
For me it's more in hot water . I wanted to know about the wonder-red because It's strange for sakurai for not say if he was a AT or not Playable ...I just Wait for the futur (?) Wii U direct . If he annonce smash world and the same concept ... Then it´s true if not then false but i dont give any attention about this leak anymore . Soo bad , i miss AT Isaac ...
Tower of Smash and Smash World are two separate leaks though. SW can (and probably is) fake while ToS could still be true...but you're right, we'll have to wait and see if ToS proves true. I would just ignore SW at this point, personally.

Edit: ^Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm gonna keep on lurking until more info pops up. This is interesting to follow, and since I'm content with what we have, I don't have too much personal interest (though the Tower of Smash mode as it's described sounds REALLY fun, and the stages would be cool)

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Best course of action from everyone -

Ignore Mr. Prince
Keep expectations low
Have fun discussing ToS, but not expecting anything from it
Play the 3ds version

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...uhhh? Were people seriously digging up a really old and debunked 3DS fake leak image and debated about it in the last page?

Come on guys, this is getting annoying now

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know what I wouldn't mind. This so with the Tower leak we get Impa, Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Chorus kids. So why not just do this ? Veterans: :popo::lucas::wolf::mewtwopm: Newcomers: Impa, Dixie, Ridley, and Chorus kids This would be genius because there's enough going for each side, for Newcomers you get the much requested Ridley a new Zelda character and a new DK character with a very different WTF character. While on the Veteran side you get a much requested Pokémon a Star fox and a other rep and a franchise that is missing a lot of it's content ie: a character :popo:and a stage Plus their entire Franchise Logo. So with these two packs tell me is there any reason you wouldn't buy these ?

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know what I wouldn't mind. This so with the Tower leak we get Impa, Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Chorus kids. So why not just do this ? Veterans: :popo::lucas::wolf::mewtwopm: Newcomers: Impa, Dixie, Ridley, and Chorus kids This would be genius because there's enough going for each side, for Newcomers you get the much requested Ridley a new Zelda character and a new DK character with a very different WTF character. While on the Veteran side you get a much requested Pokémon a Star fox and a other rep and a franchise that is missing a lot of it's content ie: a character :popo:and a stage Plus their entire Franchise Logo. So with these two packs tell me is there any reason you wouldn't buy these ?
Thing is with Ice climbers they have the 3ds working against them. They can;t work on the current 3DS, so unless Sakurai fines some way to do it, it's not happening

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Thing is with Ice climbers they have the 3ds working against them. They can;t work on the current 3DS, so unless Sakurai fines some way to do it, it's not happening
As another fellow Smasher (Sm4sher69) on the ice climbers support once said "If the true potential of smash bros can't have Ice Climbers, I doubt the Wii U will be better than the 3ds." This right here hits the nail on the head Ice climbers should be playable if the True potential of Smash is just around the corner.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Since today's last day of the week PotD had nothing regarding to the ToS nor the stage leak (but I do like that Fatal Frame 2 trophy!), I've thought it may be a better chance to talk about the stage leak.

As Nintendo showed that GCO-ish pic, we had discussions whether that is GCO or Mt. DeDeDe, or a Kirby Super Star stage mixed with those two, and since then, everybody stopped talking about it. So maybe I thought of thinking about the stage leak again, which I made up this theory of which stage might be chosen for the Wii U ver. But first, I must say this...although if that mine cart stage wasn't Mt. DeDeDe but GCO instead, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Yes, that may debunk the leak for sure, but still some other stages can be chosen coincidentally as a lucky guess. Just like the Gematsu leak, everything was correct except for Chrom, and as somebody talked about this in the past articles, these names might have came from the planning sheet/book as a prototype status but later changed due to some points and without notification. So, if some stages may proven wrong, some stages can be proven right, possibly everything will end up 50% or so.

Anyways, leaving that aside, I've thought of this theory of which stage might be chosen for Wii U, if we use something as a key to their choice...which I've chose music for this theory. I've brought some music from the 3DS version, and some music used in the past trailers, which they might be the hint of that stage to be chosen. I'll give out the stage names from that list, and explain why...

• Rainbow Cruise: Rainbow Cruise music was found from the 3DS ver.'s sound test, which only used for the Smash Run. And since that music was originally from Rainbow Cruise, and it's stage name was listed in that leak, then Rainbow Cruise may be chosen as a returning stage.
  • Bramble Blast: This stage's music was also found from the 3DS ver.'s sound test, and only used for Smash Run. Just like leprechaunlink727 have discussed in his analysis before, they might use this music for Wii U for something, and since Bramble Blast's name was found in that list, maybe that'll be chosen for a stage.
  • Rumble Falls: Continuing from above, Bramble Blast's music was also originally used as one of the music for Rumble Falls, and since Rumble Falls was in that list, they might bring that stage back to use the music again.
  • Bridge of Eldin: Not just all Zelda characters except Toon Link are designed in Twilight Princess style, but Ocarina of Time Medley, which was used as an alternate music for Gerudo Valley in 3DS, originally used as one of the musics for that stage. And since the bridge's name was listed in that leak, there may be possibilities that the stage will return too.
  • Norfair: Back in April's Direct, the Theme of Samus Aran was used in Zero Suit Samus' introduction. Since this music was part of Norfair's, and since Norfair's listed in that leak, possibilities are that Norfair may return as well. Plus since Wii U ver. needed the "lava/acid flowing Metroid stage", this might work too.
  • Cookie Country/Patch World: This is the hardest point I've ever thought. As there was Green Greens ver. 2 used as alternate music for Dreamland in 3DS, and used this music for Kirby& DeDeDe's intro back in April's Direct, then there gotta be a stage that'll use this stage for Wii U. I highly doubt that they'll use it in Mt.DeDeDe/GCO stage as this hasn't yet concluded, and of course they ain't gonna use it on Halberd, so I thought they'll use this music on Cookie Country or Patch World since they both have a Green Greens-ish elements. However, I pretty much doubt these stages will be chosen in the first place, which I'll explain later on.
  • Pokemon Stadium 2: Back in April's Direct, the Kanto Pokemon Battle music, which used as one of the musics for Brawl's Pokemon Stadium 1, and originally used for the Poke Float stage back in Melee, was used for Lucario's introduction. Since we know Poke Float and Pokemon Stadium 1 isn't listed in that leak, I've wondered where this music will go instead, which I've thought this can be use as on of the musics for Pokemon Stadium 2 (originally don't have it though), so I thought this might fit in.
  • Underworld: This stage might take place in Kid Icarus, and there was a music of the Reset Bomb Forest and Dark Pit's theme for the Reset Bomb Forest stage in 3DS ver. If they're gonna use this music for Wii U, it may not be fitful for Palutena's Temple, so possible they'll use it for the Underworld stage since it matches.
  • Nintendo Land: Castle Murasame's medley song was found in 3DS ver.'s sound test, only for the Smash Run, but we do see there's no Castle Murasame stage in the list. So if they're gonna use this song for Wii U, which stage is best? Nintendo Land actually have the Castle Murasame themed stage, so maybe they'll bring up Nintendo Land as a stage for that music.
  • NES Remix: Balloon Fight Medley and Balloon Trip maybe only for the Balloon Fight stage in 3DS ver. But if they'll use those music for Wii U, then I'd guess that'll be NES Remix since they actually have the Balloon Fight based challenges. So maybe they'll bring NES Remix as a stage for those musics.
These are the only stages I think it'll be chosen for the musics that'll be used. However, in my opinion though, although the Mt.DeDeDe/GCO stage is still unknown, I do guess that Cookie Country and Patch Land will become a trigger to debunk the leak. As we have seen many Kirby trophies from both Brawl and 3DS, we haven't seen any characters or elements that came from games after Sakurai moved from HAL Labs to Sora, which is Squeak Squad to Triple Deluxe. As in question: does this mean Sakurai's not gonna bring any Kirby related things that's NOT created by himself? If so, then it'll make sense of why Bandanna Dee was never chosen as playable or have a trophy, DeDeDe not transforming into Masked version for his Final Smash, no stages from Triple Deluxe, etc. Yes this may sound discrimination, but we've seen these oddness throughout the series, so that may be possible that Sakurai will not choose those stages, as it might prove the leak is fake. But I don't know, it's just my theory so I may be wrong. I do wish for those stages to be real, but this is about Sakurai who's being so random in a bad meaning, so we won't know anything until Sakurai say or show something for us.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Logic

Hey Nick? I've been thinking about something.

Let's say that Edgeworth is right and the leaker only had limited knowledge and mistook Orbital Gate for the Great Fox, then who's to say that with his limited knowledge he could have made other mistakes.

For example maybe the leaker only saw footage of the Pyrosphere boss fight, and bluffed that he knew he was playable. Just like how you always bluff your way through court.

(Thank's Maya, it's nice to know that you always have my back)

Well, if the defence has nothing left to say, I will call the verdict...

Pursuit
The defence want's to change it's claim your honour. Let's say even if the leaker had real information, It still wouldn't matter. If the leakers information was so limited that he couldn't even tell us what the Star Fox stage actually was, who's to say that he hasn't been wrong on anything else?

In other words if we can't rely on this information it might as well be fake.

I...

Although it is possible, it is heavily unlikely. Let's take a look and see.

Look at the sizes. The boss is huge compared to Kirby. If Ridley was as big as a boss should be, how could anybody make the assumption he was playable. Maybe if he would assume Ridley had a super mushroom, and they just happened to be on the pyrosphere, but he hasn't shown to make outrageous assumptions. If he got a pic of the Great Fox, how would he know "Oh, well it must go into other parts too."

Now, let's look at some assist trophies.

Comparing the two, it is extremely easy to tell that Takamaru is lower quality, and would be an assist. Here is another.

Waluigi is very low in quality compared to Luigi.

Now look at this.

Anybody who saw it and didn't know this stage would have no way of knowing it was a transforming stage.

Although it could get stages wrong, there is no way the characters are.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
As another fellow Smasher (Sm4sher69) on the ice climbers support once said "If the true potential of smash bros can't have Ice Climbers, I doubt the Wii U will be better than the 3ds." This right here hits the nail on the head Ice climbers should be playable if the True potential of Smash is just around the corner.
That's completely subjective though. Your idea of "the true potential" might include the Ice Climbers, while other peoples' (possibly including Sakurai) idea doesn't. I don't see the IC's getting in unless they find a way to make them work on the 3DS.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
...uhhh? Were people seriously digging up a really old and debunked 3DS fake leak image and debated about it in the last page?

Come on guys, this is getting annoying now
Alright, we can talk about Mr. Prince and the 6 spots on the website if you prefer. After all, there is a huge amount of evidence against the image. Like the fact that a number appears to be In a different font, and... Yeah that's it. And as I said, I brought it up for ****s and giggles, not because it has skyward sword Impa in it. That'd be silly if I were to actually link it to TOS on the TOS thread.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Anyone remember this image?

It still confuses me. It's really well done if it's fake. I couldn't find that render of wolf anywhere, save one that looked kinda similar, but had a different color scheme. And then there's Impa. I have no idea where that image came from. I'm not sure what the 3DS record screen looks like, but if it doesn't look like this, then this very well could be an early Wii U leak. If this is fake, props to the leaker.
The fact that neither of those renders can be found online is very interesting (That's not Assault Wolf, and it's not a Photoshop of that model either. Photoshopping a 3D model to look like it's posing in a different direction is much, much harder to do than you think, plus this Wolf has like a leather jacket collar thing going on that doesn't match the Assault model. Impa's isn't just different from SS, it's stylized in a manner consistent with Smash 4).

The math being incorrect could be because there are other KOs in rows/columns offscreen (we do see yellow arrows near Falls and KOs). The different font on the '1,' imo, probably isn't a beta element - that is a dead giveaway of a Photoshop. It could mean the leaker noticed the math was off (even though it was off for a reason), realized people would call him out on it, and thought he should "correct" it to avoid suspicion. The fact that the highlighted row/column doesn't result in "How many times has Wolf made Impa KO?" is suspicious too - if the point was to show off those characters, it's less than a second's worth of additional work to scroll over to make it say that (the translation is bad too). It also doesn't match the 3DS records screen, but again, this might be beta.

Where did this picture come from, and when did it appear? Keep in mind that Wolf is not part of the ToS leak... instead, it would support the leak of he-who-shall-not-be-named.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which of you tell the true ? Because if he don't say he wasn't playable then that's very strange Of Sakurai ...
If he say so... More evidence against the """"""leak""""""
He said Wonder Red and the rest do have Trophies. He didn't say any was not playable. It's implied at best.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah but didn't he flat out say they are gone because of the 3DS? Unless he found a way recently... Even though I never played them well I want them back because they were a very unique character and it sucks losing a playstyle

Since today's last day of the week PotD had nothing regarding to the ToS nor the stage leak (but I do like that Fatal Frame 2 trophy!), I've thought it may be a better chance to talk about the stage leak.

As Nintendo showed that GCO-ish pic, we had discussions whether that is GCO or Mt. DeDeDe, or a Kirby Super Star stage mixed with those two, and since then, everybody stopped talking about it. So maybe I thought of thinking about the stage leak again, which I made up this theory of which stage might be chosen for the Wii U ver. But first, I must say this...although if that mine cart stage wasn't Mt. DeDeDe but GCO instead, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Yes, that may debunk the leak for sure, but still some other stages can be chosen coincidentally as a lucky guess. Just like the Gematsu leak, everything was correct except for Chrom, and as somebody talked about this in the past articles, these names might have came from the planning sheet/book as a prototype status but later changed due to some points and without notification. So, if some stages may proven wrong, some stages can be proven right, possibly everything will end up 50% or so.

Anyways, leaving that aside, I've thought of this theory of which stage might be chosen for Wii U, if we use something as a key to their choice...which I've chose music for this theory. I've brought some music from the 3DS version, and some music used in the past trailers, which they might be the hint of that stage to be chosen. I'll give out the stage names from that list, and explain why...

• Rainbow Cruise: Rainbow Cruise music was found from the 3DS ver.'s sound test, which only used for the Smash Run. And since that music was originally from Rainbow Cruise, and it's stage name was listed in that leak, then Rainbow Cruise may be chosen as a returning stage.
  • Bramble Blast: This stage's music was also found from the 3DS ver.'s sound test, and only used for Smash Run. Just like leprechaunlink727 have discussed in his analysis before, they might use this music for Wii U for something, and since Bramble Blast's name was found in that list, maybe that'll be chosen for a stage.
  • Rumble Falls: Continuing from above, Bramble Blast's music was also originally used as one of the music for Rumble Falls, and since Rumble Falls was in that list, they might bring that stage back to use the music again.
  • Bridge of Eldin: Not just all Zelda characters except Toon Link are designed in Twilight Princess style, but Ocarina of Time Medley, which was used as an alternate music for Gerudo Valley in 3DS, originally used as one of the musics for that stage. And since the bridge's name was listed in that leak, there may be possibilities that the stage will return too.
  • Norfair: Back in April's Direct, the Theme of Samus Aran was used in Zero Suit Samus' introduction. Since this music was part of Norfair's, and since Norfair's listed in that leak, possibilities are that Norfair may return as well. Plus since Wii U ver. needed the "lava/acid flowing Metroid stage", this might work too.
  • Cookie Country/Patch World: This is the hardest point I've ever thought. As there was Green Greens ver. 2 used as alternate music for Dreamland in 3DS, and used this music for Kirby& DeDeDe's intro back in April's Direct, then there gotta be a stage that'll use this stage for Wii U. I highly doubt that they'll use it in Mt.DeDeDe/GCO stage as this hasn't yet concluded, and of course they ain't gonna use it on Halberd, so I thought they'll use this music on Cookie Country or Patch World since they both have a Green Greens-ish elements. However, I pretty much doubt these stages will be chosen in the first place, which I'll explain later on.
  • Pokemon Stadium 2: Back in April's Direct, the Kanto Pokemon Battle music, which used as one of the musics for Brawl's Pokemon Stadium 1, and originally used for the Poke Float stage back in Melee, was used for Lucario's introduction. Since we know Poke Float and Pokemon Stadium 1 isn't listed in that leak, I've wondered where this music will go instead, which I've thought this can be use as on of the musics for Pokemon Stadium 2 (originally don't have it though), so I thought this might fit in.
  • Underworld: This stage might take place in Kid Icarus, and there was a music of the Reset Bomb Forest and Dark Pit's theme for the Reset Bomb Forest stage in 3DS ver. If they're gonna use this music for Wii U, it may not be fitful for Palutena's Temple, so possible they'll use it for the Underworld stage since it matches.
  • Nintendo Land: Castle Murasame's medley song was found in 3DS ver.'s sound test, only for the Smash Run, but we do see there's no Castle Murasame stage in the list. So if they're gonna use this song for Wii U, which stage is best? Nintendo Land actually have the Castle Murasame themed stage, so maybe they'll bring up Nintendo Land as a stage for that music.
  • NES Remix: Balloon Fight Medley and Balloon Trip maybe only for the Balloon Fight stage in 3DS ver. But if they'll use those music for Wii U, then I'd guess that'll be NES Remix since they actually have the Balloon Fight based challenges. So maybe they'll bring NES Remix as a stage for those musics.
These are the only stages I think it'll be chosen for the musics that'll be used. However, in my opinion though, although the Mt.DeDeDe/GCO stage is still unknown, I do guess that Cookie Country and Patch Land will become a trigger to debunk the leak. As we have seen many Kirby trophies from both Brawl and 3DS, we haven't seen any characters or elements that came from games after Sakurai moved from HAL Labs to Sora, which is Squeak Squad to Triple Deluxe. As in question: does this mean Sakurai's not gonna bring any Kirby related things that's NOT created by himself? If so, then it'll make sense of why Bandanna Dee was never chosen as playable or have a trophy, DeDeDe not transforming into Masked version for his Final Smash, no stages from Triple Deluxe, etc. Yes this may sound discrimination, but we've seen these oddness throughout the series, so that may be possible that Sakurai will not choose those stages, as it might prove the leak is fake. But I don't know, it's just my theory so I may be wrong. I do wish for those stages to be real, but this is about Sakurai who's being so random in a bad meaning, so we won't know anything until Sakurai say or show something for us.
I am starting to think that great cave offensive stage may be one of the stages for 8 player mode. Giant stages would have to be used for 8 player mode, and it would make sense that they made some exclusive stages just for that, which may not be listed in the ToS leak. I can see some stages for normal 4 players working in 8 player mode though, like Palutena's temple and Gaur Plains, but there would need to be some exclusive stages for that mode, if it's real, which I think it is. The sound tests support it, there being 8 versions of every character, yellow team, and the Cave stage saying the rules are different on that stage.

If this turns out to be true, I don't think it hurts the tower of smash IF it's exclusive to 8 player mode, which like I said may not have been listed on the normal list.

And it's still possible Mt DeDeDe is part of this massive, changing stage, that covers multiple games in the superstar game. It would be a fitting stage for Dyna Blade.

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
Amazon has updated their description of the WiiU Version:

Battle it out as Nintendo’s greatest heroes on the Wii U console
Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

*amiibo figures sold separately

** Broadband Internet access required for online play. Learn more at support.nintendo.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-B...551747&sr=8-1&keywords=super+smash+bros+wii+u

Looks like we're getting custom stages, Master/Crazy order are event modes (maybe) and a board game mode. Cool!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, the Pheonix Wright part blew over last night, didn't it.
Welp.

Maybe this is why the Ice Climbers were killed of?

Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

** Broadband Internet access required for online play. Learn more at support.nintendo.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00DD0B0BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413551747&sr=8-1&keywords=super smash bros wii u

Looks like we're getting custom stages, Master/Crazy order are event modes (maybe) and a board game mode. Cool!
I feel like it is something else other than event mode. Like a Simmon says.

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I think the true potential thing is going to be 8-Player Smash.
Whatever it is, I'm just comforted by the statement. It's like a warm blanket that guarantees goodies and awesomeness for the Wii U version.
Concerning Wonder Red... I don't know if I'm wrong but I don't recall Mr Prince Sakurai stating in what capacity he'd be in the game if at all, or flat out deconfirming him as playable for that matter (as he usually does). DO NOT!!! take that as support for Mr. Prince's "leak" btw. I'm just saying. That being said. W101 would make a far better 3rd (2nd?) rep from Platinum than Bayonetta because well.... they scream "Nintendo". I'm glad that they've gotten -some- form or representation though.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Is this "board game mode" thing related to any of the previous leaks? Could it be Smash World? (I know we debunked Mr. Prince, but still.) It sounds like we might be moving our character pieces around a map or "world".

zferolie

Smash Hero

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00DD0B0BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413551747&sr=8-1&keywords=super smash bros wii u

Well, that may have just killed Tower of smash... doubt it's a board game mode. Still, Great to see stage creator is back, and I hope it's been heavily updated.

Board game mode could be classic actually.

I'll still follow and hope for Tower of smash to be true, mainly for the characters, but still not getting my hopes up

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Well, that may have just killed Tower of smash... doubt it's a board game mode. Still, Great to see stage creator is back, and I hope it's been heavily updated.

Board game mode could be classic actually.

I'll still follow and hope for Tower of smash to be true, mainly for the characters, but still not getting my hopes up
That is also true. A new and (longer) version of classic mode perhaps? Or MAYBE the board game mode is MULTIPLAYER! That would be the best thing ever! Different events could happen during the board game, and you would have to fight certain bosses/characters if certain conditions are present. What if it's like Smash Mario Party? :D

Last edited:

Naoshi

Is this "board game mode" thing related to any of the previous leaks? Could it be Smash World? (I know we debunked Mr. Prince, but still.) It sounds like we might be moving our character pieces around a map or "world".
Smash World as a mode is likely happening, there was a legit leaked sound clip saying "Master Orders", "Crazy Orders", "Smash World", etc

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Also guys, check the Amazon page and scroll down. There is an image of the CSS. It could POSSIBLY be of the E3 build, but I'm not sure.

Naoshi

Also guys, check the Amazon page and scroll down. There is an image of the CSS. It could POSSIBLY be of the E3 build, but I'm not sure.
Yep, that's the E3 build and its exact roster. The starting roster could not possibly be smaller than 3DS's

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
A board game mode? That sounds like a lot more fun than ToS! I wouldn't mind if ToS turned out to be false in favor of that, especially since we're all reasonably sure DLC characters are inevitable anyway. Good point though @ zferolie zferolie , that could just be Classic. The Master/Crazy challenges sounds like the "Orders" mode we've been rumbling about.

Custom maps confirmation is good news for ToS. Board game mode... ugh, one more thing that could either be a fatal blow or a total whiff in terms of ToS.

It's interesting to see Amazon made this leak, though... It's painfully obvious now that Sakurai has been holding back because we're onto him. It sounds like Nintendo had a marketing plan that involved us knowing a lot more about the game by now, but then they changed their minds about what to reveal, likely due to leaks. The distributors were kept out of the loop, and since it doesn't benefit Amazon to hold back that information they went ahead with the original plan and advertised information we really should have already known by now.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
A board game mode? That sounds like a lot more fun than ToS! I wouldn't mind if ToS turned out to be false in favor of that. Good point though, that could just be Classic. The Master/Crazy challenges sounds like the "Orders" mode we've been rumbling about.

Custom maps confirmation is good news for ToS. Board game mode... ugh, one more thing that could either be a fatal blow or a total whiff in terms of ToS.

It's interesting to see Amazon made this leak, though... It's painfully obvious now that Sakurai has been holding back because we're onto him. It sounds like Nintendo had a marketing plan that involved us knowing a lot more about the game by now, but then they changed their minds about what to reveal, likely due to leaks. The distributors were kept out of the loop, and since it doesn't benefit Amazon to hold back that information they went ahead with the original plan and advertised information we really should have already known by now.
Or, what if Tower of Smash IS the board game? The leak never told us how we would traverse the tower. Just that there was 100 floors. On a separate note, what if this board game is 8 players? That would be one heck of a party! I wouldn't even mind passing around controllers if it was another person's turn to fight, I think it would be hilarious. Let's say you land on a space that another player is on, what if you have to battle that player to take their space/loot or whatever?

zferolie

Smash Hero
That is also true. A new and (longer) version of classic mode perhaps? Or MAYBE the board game mode is MULTIPLAYER! That would be the best thing ever! Different events could happen during the board game, and you would have to fight certain bosses/characters if certain conditions are present. What if it's like Smash Mario Party? :D
Mixing Mario PArty with Smash huh? Now I really wished Daisy or Waluigi were in (possible both) to grab moves from the party series. The only way those 2 would be in is if they had moves to represent the party, sport, and kart games.

Yeah thats the E3 build. FUnny how they got that picture, but are giving us info sakurai hasn't shown yet haha.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Or, what if Tower of Smash IS the board game? The leak never told us how we would traverse the tower. Just that there was 100 floors. On a separate note, what if this board game is 8 players? That would be one heck of a party! I wouldn't even mind passing around controllers if it was another person's turn to fight, I think it would be hilarious. Let's say you land on a space that another player is on, what if you have to battle that player to take their space/loot or whatever?
I had the same idea and came back to say exactly that, but you beat me to it. Man, that sounds amazing! I really hope you're right. The different game modes like Sudden Death Smash and Pokeball Smash sound perfect for Mario Party-esque challenges.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
You know another thing that would be cool? What if during the board game, a boss comes down to screw with everyone. Then all of the players have to team up and fight it to earn rewards! At first I was like, lol wut? But when you really think about it, this board game mode could lead to some really fun, structured multiplayer! Plus with different circumstances (invisible smash, pokeballs only, metal only, etc.) It could have almost endless playability. Also, what if you draw cards with various Nintendo references on them that can power up your character? For example: You got speed shoes! Move ahead 3 spaces, and your faster the next round!

Last edited:

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Wow Amazon are really leaking the game God Sakurai must be losing his Rag at all these leaks and to think there are 3 plumbers in this game. :4mario::4luigi::4wario2:
That was so ridiculously sublime, in the vein of "take my wife... please". My only hope is that -you- made that up so that the credit rightfully falls with its creator. Kudos sir!
Board game? Dang, I hope they're not just describing Classic mode because that'd be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom