• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
The Great Cave Offensive could be part of the stage, where the stage acts similarly to the 3DS Dream Land stage.

Gear Getaway is on the 3DS version, also.
I was just saying that the picture we saw is the Great Cave Offensive without a doubt. Didn't say it is a stand alone.
To Gear Getaway. I know. But the track is on the "Wii U" Soundtrack (blue). ;)

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I was just saying that the picture we saw is the Great Cave Offensive without a doubt. Didn't say it is a stand alone.
To Gear Getaway. I know. But the track is on the "Wii U" Soundtrack (blue). ;)
What game is Gear Getaway from?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I feel like a broken record when I say this, but Onett, Smashville, and Gamer(Game and Wario in the leak) were all confirmed, keeping this leak up in the air. Oh, and lets not forget that Castle Siege was also on the list(and if I'm not mistaken, was confirmed after the leak was posted, like Gamer). People were already trying to debunk it when "Great Fox" ended up being Orbital Gate. The Great Fox, however, is a section within that stage, as we all know. So that leads me to the repeating argument that Mt. Dedede is a section of the Minecart stage(seemingly based off the Great Cave Offensive) we saw. Its possible that the stage represents Kirby Super Star as a whole, the stage image is of Mt. Dedede, or the leaker mistakingly thought that the castle in the background of this stage was Mt. Dedede(but is actually the underground castle from The Great Cave Offensive). Therefore this leak can still be/is very true thus far.
Castle Siege was confirmed slightly before the leak.

I'm really hoping this is true. A non clone Dixie would cause a lot of hype for me.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
But like many have said before, that release date was leaked by several retailers. But..., what is more intriguing is he said it was for US. But then again, did anyone else really think the game was going to launch in all 3 regions at the same time?
http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/16/mas...t-dibs-on-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-release/
Notice here it was confirmed that the game was confirmed to launch at different dates, in different regions. Now, it seems that sakurai lied and the US is going to get the game first. (yipee!) So I don't know why that is, but either way we were told the games were not going to launch on the same dates first. Now, if he had guessed the Europe or japan releases as well (those were not leaked.), I would have gotten onboard.
But that date could've still been wrong, Not including the date at all wouldn't have effected the leak at all

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I think that the next three would probably be G&W, ROB and maybe Doc or Jiggs. He'll probably get the veterans out of the way first
Except it appears as though he's revealing the secret characters in the order in which they are unlocked via VS Matches. Ness, then Falco, then Wario. The next 3 are Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. It'll be interesting to see whether or not Lucina gets moved to the secret fighter section or not. We may just get Dark Pit on Friday since he's next to be unlocked and Sakurai will skip Lucina. If that is the case, either Dark Pit is revealed with Skyworld, Underworld or Palutena's Temple OR it'll be the scenario that I presented previously.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm gonna be completely honest right now, I believe this leak, not 100% of course but I do somewhat believe it. I may just be biased but hear me out
  • First of all this seems entirely plausible and matches up completely with other leaks like gematsu (Chorus kids)
  • The fact that he bothered to put a release date in the first place and got it right, not including it wouldn't have effected the leak in any way
  • The fact that he included a full stage list, he could have just left it at the tower of smash and the characters but he included a full list of stages knowing fully that if it was fake it could be debunked in a matter of days
  • He accurately predicted Smashville, onnett and game & wario. Onnett might have been predictable but the other two? Not so much and even if GCO isn't on the list it could be part of a larger superstar stage based around the various sub-games and since mt dedede is from the main mode it would be the one featured on the stage select and other menus
Of course these reasons don't prove it but if we get more of the stages featured on the list I'll be fully on board
Smashville and Onnett got confirmed? Where?

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Smashville and Onnett got confirmed? Where?
Onett in Ness' profile and Smashville in Wario's profile (I've checked and compared the stage to both Smashville and Town & City, it is not Town & City, trust me!)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Onett in Ness' profile and Smashville in Wario's profile (I've checked and compared the stage to both Smashville and Town & City, it is not Town & City, trust me!)
Wow, I had no idea. Very interesting.

Naoshi

Well next will probably be Doctor Mario, R.O.B and Dark pit so skyworld/Gyromite/Underworld?
Hard to say. The unannounced levels don't need to be tied to the character seeing as how Wario got Smashville. But there's also that Onett was likely revealed because Ness's game didn't have any Wii U levels announced yet at the time. Meanwhile Wario's level is already announced for Wii U, same to Falco so neither of them needs to get a stage announcement (based on their games) through their profiles

Then again, there isn't an exact concrete pattern going on, so anything goes at this point.

Last edited:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
The way I see it, the leak is not dead (certainly not kicking though). Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if e stage leak and smash tower leak were from two different authors, the stage leaker piggy-backing off of the original leaker.

Either you're part of:
#TeamPessimist - it's "gamer", "orbital gates", and "GCO", not Game and Wario, Great Fox, and Mt Dedede.
#TeamOptimist - the leaker didn't know stage names, hence he quoted what he observed. Besides, Great Fox and Game and Wario aren't locations, further proving leaker's limited reveal and excusing him from a possible Mt Dedede identification
#TeamRealist - I want it to be true, but not enough to get my hopes up on simple text..
#TeamAmbivalent - FAMNIT SAKURAI WHY MUST YOU TOY WITH ME SO!?

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The way I see it, the leak is not dead (certainly not kicking though). Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if e stage leak and smash tower leak were from two different authors, the stage leaker piggy-backing off of the original leaker.

Either you're part of:
#TeamPessimist - it's "gamer", "orbital gates", and "GCO", not Game and Wario, Great Fox, and Mt Dedede.
#TeamOptimist - the leaker didn't know stage names, hence he quoted what he observed. Besides, Great Fox and Game and Wario aren't locations, further proving leaker's limited reveal and excusing him from a possible Mt Dedede identification
#TeamRealist - I want it to be true, but not enough to get my hopes up simple text..
Sign me up for Team Realist.

zferolie

Smash Hero
People praised Gamatsu even though it had simular faults to it... so why is this getting so much flack?

Naoshi

People praised Gamatsu even though it had simular faults to it... so why is this getting so much flack?
Gematsu had a much more accuracy rate. He had only 2 characters wrong (Chrom and Chorus Kids), the former that was actually planned for SSB4 and the latter whose status is unknown. I've wrote a pretty long detailed post about his situation:
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-296#post-17472234

Tower of Smash on the other hand, has been off to a rough start, and whenever it gets a few things rights it also gets things that can potentially kill the leak. I'll write a bit of a timeline later for Tower of Smash.

When a leak includes Ridley, you can expect more people will lean to it being fake. :/
For some people, yeah, but while I'm still doubting this rumor's credibility, I am also a Ridley AND Mewtwo supporter. And I really like almost every idea this rumor has. I still think Ridley has a chance, personally, small but still some bit of chance.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I feel like Gematsu got just as much flack, but we've mostly forgotten about it by now because it's old news and the extent of its legitimacy has already been shown. There might be a little more negativity this time around because one version of the game has already been released, and supposedly we already have the full final roster. A part of this does feel like clinging to the hopes that Ridley and Mewtwo have somehow found their way into the game, despite all the positive things going for it.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Gematsu had a much more accuracy rate. He had only 2 characters wrong (Chrom and Chorus Kids), the former that was actually planned for SSB4 and the latter whose status is unknown. I've wrote a pretty long detailed post about his situation:
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-296#post-17472234

Tower of Smash on the other hand, has been off to a rough start, and whenever it gets a few things rights it also gets things that can potentially kill the leak. I'll write a bit of a timeline later for Tower of Smash.

For some people, yeah, but while I'm still doubting this rumor's credibility, I am also a Ridley AND Mewtwo supporter. And I really like almost every idea this rumor has. I still think Ridley has a chance, personally, small but still some bit of chance.
Yeah, i figured that. I wasn't entirely serious when I wrote my comment, and yeah, Gematsu had alot going for it. Funny enough, this current lleak could bring it full circle if its true, because Chorus Men have yet to be resolved. So if were to believe Gematsu is more credible, by extension, atleast the Chorus Men are coming. That or they were a planned character, who never left the conceptual process.

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i figured that. I wasn't entirely serious when I wrote my comment, and yeah, Gematsu had alot going for it. Funny enough, this current lleak could bring it full circle if its true, because Chorus Men have yet to be resolved. So if were to believe Gematsu is more credible, by extension, atleast the Chorus Men are coming. That or they were a planned character, who never left the conceptual process.
Rhythm Heaven has a strange subtle prescence in Smash 3DS, for2 reasons:
1. The Sneaky Spirit is the only non-Subspace enemy in Smash Run that isn't from a series that has a playable character.
2. Karate Joe is an unlockable challenge trophy, and all the other trophies in there so far were directly from Smash, or from represented series.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
My theory on Chorus Men is that, if Gematsu was true, they might have initially been planned but cut for similar reasons to IC (unless this leak proves to be true).

zferolie

Smash Hero
1. The Sneaky Spirit is the only non-Subspace enemy in Smash Run that isn't from a series that has a playable character.
2. Karate Joe is an unlockable challenge trophy, and all the other trophies in there so far were directly from Smash, or from represented series.
Well Polar Bear also is in, but has no playable representation... at least not anymore

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well Polar Bear also is in, but has no playable representation... at least not anymore
Ice Climbers were planned but then cut due to limitations, but the Polar Bear was left in Smash Run.

Now a Rhythm Heaven representative seems to have been planned but cut in a similar fashion.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers were planned but then cut due to limitations, but the Polar Bear was left in Smash Run.

Now a Rhythm Heaven representative seems to have been planned but cut in a similar fashion.
That's what I meant by at least not anymore. It's possible the chorus kids were cut for the same reason (which makes me annoyed by the 3DS pretty much runining the chances of characters) but we can't say for sure

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I've just thought of some things involving the leak. The latest PoTD showed off 3DS Magicant with Ness, and the leak states that Magicant will be a shared stage. So, why would Sakurai show off a stage that practically, everyone knows about at this point? I think that might back up the leak a little bit, it might not, I just don't know. I have no clue if that was Sakurai's way of kind of teasing Magicant being shared between the two version, but then again, it might not, since, he makes no mention of the Wii U version in the post. So, what do you think of that? Do you think that backs up the leak a little bit, or, not?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Can somebody explain to me why The Great Cart Offensive has anything to do with the leaks validity? I'd rather not search through 31 pages to find out.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Can somebody explain to me why The Great Cart Offensive has anything to do with the leaks validity? I'd rather not search through 31 pages to find out.
Basic gist, the leak didn't list Great Cave Offensive, or rather the Old Tower of that segment. Mt Dedede and Great Cave Offensive are part of the same game compilation, Kirby SS, so people are debating whether Mt Dedede is part of the stage that was leaked, or if its just Great Cave Offensive. If Mt Dedede is indeed apart of the stage, it raises the leaks validity, if not, it more or less debunks it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So the Magicant PotD really serves as a pointed reminder that we're in deep now. It's only a matter of time before more Wii U stages are revealed, so let's all just try and stay calm and civilised while we wait it out. No point getting all het up until we know for sure where we're going with this. I'd imagine The Great Cave Offensive stage / mode in particular is going to impact our theories somehow or another.

Do we have any theories as to when such a mode as Tower of Smash may be hypothetically revealed? Whenabouts in the build-up to the 3DS release was Smash Run officially confirmed?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So the Magicant PotD really serves as a pointed reminder that we're in deep now. It's only a matter of time before more Wii U stages are revealed, so let's all just try and stay calm and civilised while we wait it out. No point getting all het up until we know for sure where we're going with this. I'd imagine The Great Cave Offensive stage / mode in particular is going to impact our theories somehow or another.

Do we have any theories as to when such a mode as Tower of Smash may be hypothetically revealed? Whenabouts in the build-up to the 3DS release was Smash Run officially confirmed?
I feel like friday is either gonna make or break this leak.

Also smash run was announced in the april smash direct so I expect tower of smash would be revealed in an upcoming smash bros wii u direct, hopefully at the end of this month or at the start of the next

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I feel like friday is either gonna make or break this leak.

Also smash run was announced in the april smash direct so I expect tower of smash would be revealed in an upcoming smash bros wii u direct, hopefully at the end of this month or at the start of the next
yea im kind of expecting a sequel direct of smash bros to talk about the wii u version

(plus for a bonus possibly the DHD or Bowser Jr or Dark pit trailer on this if they get one)

(or even better which will prove the leak the trailer is 1 of the 5 or more from that leak to be shown as playable)

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
'Eyyyyyy, Drclaw, nice to see ya again.

Actually, a trophy from the game Ketzal's Corridors is an unlockable challenge trophy as well. But that one's sort of a wild card, so I dunno. Maybe we'll be getting a Ketzal's Corridors DLC stage down the road or something.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Basic gist, the leak didn't list Great Cave Offensive, or rather the Old Tower of that segment. Mt Dedede and Great Cave Offensive are part of the same game compilation, Kirby SS, so people are debating whether Mt Dedede is part of the stage that was leaked, or if its just Great Cave Offensive. If Mt Dedede is indeed apart of the stage, it raises the leaks validity, if not, it more or less debunks it.
Well, it just could be a stage on it's own.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace

Either you're part of:
#TeamRealist - I want it to be true, but not enough to get my hopes up on simple text..
#teamoptimist

hey guys im back, this leak sure has sparked up conversation... im really hoping its real, it'd make alot of people, and myself, happy. except for the lack of lucas

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I would do anything, absolutely anything for at least one pic of the Character Select screen from the TOS leaker. I mean, i was talking with Spainkiller on twitter, and even he said it was starting to seem unlikely at this point. I'm just holding out for anything to prove the leak real. Even another video leak.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I would do anything, absolutely anything for at least one pic of the Character Select screen from the TOS leaker. I mean, i was talking with Spainkiller on twitter, and even he said it was starting to seem unlikely at this point. I'm just holding out for anything to prove the leak real. Even another video leak.
Not to mention we are close to the release date, leaks are very possible to happen....unless sakurai gets his "kirbys" together and updates us with his PotDs lol.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, to me, just anything, like the CSS, would definitely point to the leak being real. Even a leaked model of one of the characters would most likely prove the leak to be true,

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I talked with one of my teachers about this rumor/leak, big smash fan, it's cool, and he said that it's up in the sky until you can 100% prove it wrong, so I'd stick with innocent until proven guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom