• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm gonna be completely honest right now, I believe this leak, not 100% of course but I do somewhat believe it. I may just be biased but hear me out
  • First of all this seems entirely plausible and matches up completely with other leaks like gematsu (Chorus kids)
  • The fact that he bothered to put a release date in the first place and got it right, not including it wouldn't have effected the leak in any way
  • The fact that he included a full stage list, he could have just left it at the tower of smash and the characters but he included a full list of stages knowing fully that if it was fake it could be debunked in a matter of days
  • He accurately predicted Smashville, onnett and game & wario. Onnett might have been predictable but the other two? Not so much and even if GCO isn't on the list it could be part of a larger superstar stage based around the various sub-games and since mt dedede is from the main mode it would be the one featured on the stage select and other menus
Of course these reasons don't prove it but if we get more of the stages featured on the list I'll be fully on board

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I figure I might as well weigh in on the various debates going on right now. I may copy/paste this post into the analysis when i update it.

Predicting the November 21st release date is itself unremarkable. As many have said, that date has been floating around for months. However, predicting the November 21st release date specifically for the US is a little more noteworthy, considering that isn't the release date anywhere else but North America. Definitely not a confirmation, but it is another rather specific detail that the leak has gotten right.

As for the Great Cave Offensive stage, I think it's pretty safe to assume that's what it is. I agree that we should hold off final judgement until we get more information, but having played that game, the picture pretty clearly depicts an area from The Great Cave Offensive, and the song on the soundtrack supports that. It could be a Kirby Super Star mash up, it could be that the icon on stage select looks like Mt. Dedede, but whatever the case, The Great Cave Offensive is definitely at least part of the stage. It's still within the realm of possibility that the leaker was just mistaken or had limited information, but being realistic, if we get more info about the stage and there's nothing about it that could be misconstrued as "Mt. Dedede", the leak is basically disconfirmed.

However, if the leak gets further confirmations after that happens that are more iron clad, such as Forest Haven, Bramble Blast, Endless Ocean, or any of the returning stages that are already on the 3DS, we should consider the leak to be back on track. There's plenty of reason to believe the Gematsu leaker was legit even though he wasn't 100% accurate, so this leak deserves the same benefit of the doubt. If we see the Wii U single player mode in the next few weeks and it's Tower of Smash, at that point I think smaller inaccuracies like what the stage names are become basically irrelevant, and the leak is just flat out confirmed.

What's interesting about the leaker naming "Mt. Dedede" as a stage in the first place is that whenever Mt. Dedede has actually appeared as a level in the Kirby games, it's literally just a generic castle hallway and then a boxing ring:

Kirby's Dream Land
-------->

Kirby Superstar
-------->

The mountaintop castle depicted in the stage select has never been an actual playable area in the games:

We already have a boxing ring stage, so it seemed weird to see that name on the list in the first place. I think it's actually quite likely that the leaker saw say, what appeared to be the inside of a mountain, and being only vaguely familiar with the Kirby series, he called it "Mt. Dedede". However, we have to play fair, so speculation like this does not make it any less a disconfirmation unless more stuff in the leak ends up being confirmed later.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be completely honest right now, I believe this leak, not 100% of course but I do somewhat believe it. I may just be biased but hear me out
  • First of all this seems entirely plausible and matches up completely with other leaks like gematsu (Chorus kids)
  • The fact that he bothered to put a release date in the first place and got it right, not including it wouldn't have effected the leak in any way
  • The fact that he included a full stage list, he could have just left it at the tower of smash and the characters but he included a full list of stages knowing fully that if it was fake it could be debunked in a matter of days
  • He accurately predicted Smashville, onnett and game & wario. Onnett might have been predictable but the other two? Not so much and even if GCO isn't on the list it could be part of a larger superstar stage based around the various sub-games and since mt dedede is from the main mode it would be the one featured on the stage select and other menus
Of course these reasons don't prove it but if we get more of the stages featured on the list I'll be fully on board
I'm totally with you, if more stuff keeps getting confirmed, the less chances it has from being fake. I mean, that's how rumors work after all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes i can agree

I figure I might as well weigh in on the various debates going on right now. I may copy/paste this post into the analysis when i update it.

Predicting the November 21st release date is itself unremarkable. As many have said, that date has been floating around for months. However, predicting the November 21st release date specifically for the US is a little more noteworthy, considering that isn't the release date anywhere else but North America. Definitely not a confirmation, but it is another rather specific detail that the leak has gotten right.

As for the Great Cave Offensive stage, I think it's pretty safe to assume that's what it is. I agree that we should hold off final judgement until we get more information, but having played that game, the picture pretty clearly depicts an area from The Great Cave Offensive, and the song on the soundtrack supports that. It could be a Kirby Super Star mash up, it could be that the icon on stage select looks like Mt. Dedede, but whatever the case, The Great Cave Offensive is definitely at least part of the stage. It's still within the realm of possibility that the leaker was just mistaken or had limited information, but being realistic, if we get more info about the stage and there's nothing about it that could be misconstrued as "Mt. Dedede", the leak is basically disconfirmed.

However, if the leak gets further confirmations after that happens that are more iron clad, such as Forest Haven, Bramble Blast, Endless Ocean, or any of the returning stages that are already on the 3DS, we should consider the leak to be back on track. There's plenty of reason to believe the Gematsu leaker was legit even though he wasn't 100% accurate, so this leak deserves the same benefit of the doubt. If we see the Wii U single player mode in the next few weeks and it's Tower of Smash, at that point I think smaller inaccuracies like what the stage names are become basically irrelevant, and the leak is just flat out confirmed.

What's interesting about the leaker naming "Mt. Dedede" as a stage in the first place is that whenever Mt. Dedede has actually appeared as a level in the Kirby games, it's literally just a generic castle hallway and then a boxing ring:
Kirby's Dream Land
-------->

Kirby Superstar
-------->

The mountaintop castle depicted in the stage select has never been an actual playable area in the games:

We already have a boxing ring stage, so it seemed weird to see that name on the list in the first place. I think it's actually quite likely that the leaker saw say, what appeared to be the inside of a mountain, and being only vaguely with the Kirby series, he called it "Mt. Dedede". However, we have to play fair, so speculation like this does not make it any less a disconfirmation unless more stuff in the leak ends up being confirmed later.
Interesting

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
No matter how hard I try, I can't believe this leak more than like 30%... mostly due to the characters--
But I do like the way you think!

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. Why would He/She make up a random release date. Doing that very thing could invalidate the leak in a matter of days. There'd be no reason to do it, and doing just makes your leak more susceptible to being disproven.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Why would He/She make up a random release date. Doing that very thing could invalidate the leak in a matter of days. There'd be no reason to do it, and doing just makes your leak more susceptible to being disproven.
specially doing 2 leaks and not just one, i really doubt he would take that much amount of effort to make something that is not real. But meh, we'll see, hopefully it ends being true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This leak is looking to be so fake right now.
But I just have this gut feeling that it might survive or turn out like the ESRB leak: nitpicked to death but no hard evidence against it.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
If this leak turns out to be real, man will I be disappointed. I was hoping for a multiplayer adventure mode but instead get a slightly changed Classic Mode.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
If this leak turns out to be real, man will I be disappointed. I was hoping for a multiplayer adventure mode but instead get a slightly changed Classic Mode.
I really doubt that we are going to get only one mode dude, we are surely going to get an adventure mode as well. They wouldn't take out something that was good in brawl.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm hoping there's at least one other new game mode besides this. This is effectively the adventure mode, with the boss fights and what not, mixed with event matches. It's a condensing of the two, so it better come with something that it made room for.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
what if online co-op Tower of Smash :surprised:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I just realize how less we know of this version of the game....man sakurai has work to do with the potd before release date lol

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I really doubt that we are going to get only one mode dude, we are surely going to get an adventure mode as well. They wouldn't take out something that was good in brawl.
We are getting only one mode, if you go to the 'WiiU' icon on Smash 3DS it shows the WiiU menu and it has exactly the same number of icons as the 3DS version.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm indifferent on this leak at the moment. It'll take one of the far out guesses like endless ocean to get me on board. There's also the files dumps which don't do much justice to this leak. (Ex. Ridley and Metal Face files found among smash run enemy files).

"First of all this seems entirely plausible and matches up completely with other leaks like gematsu (Chorus kids)"
Those leaks all came before the Tower of Smash leak. Gematsu, the NeoGaf guy, and even the unreliable mother****ing leaker all pre-date this leak. Yes, they all say similar things, but how far fetched is it to think this guys just hopped on board on what these guys had to say? Not the best argument for it.
The fact that he bothered to put a release date in the first place and got it right, not including it wouldn't have effected the leak in any way
But like many have said before, that release date was leaked by several retailers. But..., what is more intriguing is he said it was for US. But then again, did anyone else really think the game was going to launch in all 3 regions at the same time?
http://shoryuken.com/2014/09/16/mas...t-dibs-on-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-release/
Notice here it was confirmed that the game was confirmed to launch at different dates, in different regions. Now, it seems that sakurai lied and the US is going to get the game first. (yipee!) So I don't know why that is, but either way we were told the games were not going to launch on the same dates first. Now, if he had guessed the Europe or japan releases as well (those were not leaked.), I would have gotten onboard.

The fact that he included a full stage list, he could have just left it at the tower of smash and the characters but he included a full list of stages knowing fully that if it was fake it could be debunked in a matter of days
That doesn't help it's cause either. Plenty of "leakers" would claim stuff to be in an upcoming POTD, and it would be debunked that very day. Remember Falco Friday?

He accurately predicted Smashville, onnett and game & wario. Onnett might have been predictable but the other two? Not so much and even if GCO isn't on the list it could be part of a larger superstar stage based around the various sub-games and since mt dedede is from the main mode it would be the one featured on the stage select and other menus
Game and Wario not hard to guess? It was a game that came out came out in the Wii U's first year. It wouldn't have been far fetched to think that it would get a stage. As for smashvile, I can kinda see why it would be fartfetched with town and city existing, but the guy could have also taken a bunch of stages from brawl and put it on the list. Though I'll admit it isn't the best argument against it :p
I don't know anything about kirby, so I don't know what to say about. All I'll say is if a stage named Mt.DeDeDe is confirmed then maybe I'll get on board. I only played epic yarn and that one 4 player wii game.

Keep expectations low, and be pleasantly surprised if it comes true. That's what I'm gonna do.

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
dudes, this means THE U.S. GET TO KNOW THE SECRET CHARACTERS FIRST!!!! (late to the party)anyway if this leak is real.......my social life is over....

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Even if the Tower of Smash leak isn't real, that doesn't mean they aren't holding off characters like Ridley/Mewtwo to help hype the U version. A few hype worthy fan demanded characters that help fill in the 3DS roster completely and I'll be happy. With it being released in the states first, perhaps Ridley will be what Shulk was for the Japanese? Handhelds do better in Japan, consoles tend to do better (when compared to Japan) in the U.S. So hyping up Smash U with Ridley would make sense. C'mon Sakurai, prove you can do anything, dammit.

Marvel b, that's IF there are secret characters on the U version. I hope so because potentially knowing the roster already with the 3DS version being out would be a bit saddening. It'd be great to have some surprise characters or ones they use to hype the U version up that the 3DS gets later somehow.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I don't know where people are getting the idea that the leaker is European. The 4chan post was screencapped in Europe, but that's all the timestamp proves. The leaker could be from anywhere.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
With it being released in the states first, perhaps Ridley will be what Shulk was for the Japanese? Handhelds do better in Japan, consoles tend to do better (when compared to Japan) in the U.S. So hyping up Smash U with Ridley would make sense. C'mon Sakurai, prove you can do anything, dammit.
I'm actually guessing and hoping that's how it's gonna be :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Even if the Tower of Smash leak isn't real, that doesn't mean they aren't holding off characters like Ridley/Mewtwo to help hype the U version. A few hype worthy fan demanded characters that help fill in the 3DS roster completely and I'll be happy. With it being released in the states first, perhaps Ridley will be what Shulk was for the Japanese? Handhelds do better in Japan, consoles tend to do better (when compared to Japan) in the U.S. So hyping up Smash U with Ridley would make sense. C'mon Sakurai, prove you can do anything, dammit.

Marvel b, that's IF there are secret characters on the U version. I hope so because potentially knowing the roster already with the 3DS version being out would be a bit saddening. It'd be great to have some surprise characters or ones they use to hype the U version up that the 3DS gets later somehow.
Just add:wolf: He would be a top tier character and alot of people want him back now. no more additional characters would make the Wii U version very underwhelming. When more characters are added on the Wii U you can transfer them to the 3ds.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
We are getting only one mode, if you go to the 'WiiU' icon on Smash 3DS it shows the WiiU menu and it has exactly the same number of icons as the 3DS version.
That's probably not what the Wii U menu looks like, for spoilers and what not.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

Implying Sakurai hasn't been doing anything. This seems more like do anything to your liking. Despite this, you could be right. At the same time, with the leak more than likely fake now, I find Ridley being playable (or any of those characters) coming with the Wii U extremely unlikely. Now for DLC, then that's a bit more likely (even though I don't see Ridley likely as a playable character anyway at least in comparison to someone like Wolf if there's DLC).

While having surprise characters would be cool, I doubt that's what Sakurai has in mind. But hey, we won't know until we know.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Just wanna bring out something that kinda piqued my interest about this leak: the return of the Stage Builder. I kinda liked the one in Brawl, but felt that it could've been improved. According to the leaker, that seems to be what they did in SSB WU. One thing i'm hoping for is a bigger diversity of backgrounds. I'm fine with them being generic backgrounds pulled from Subspace Emissary or something, but it'd be nice to have more to choose from (like Skyworld, The Desert, or even Subspace).

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm indifferent on this leak at the moment. It'll take one of the far out guesses like endless ocean to get me on board. There's also the files dumps which don't do much justice to this leak. (Ex. Ridley and Metal Face files found among smash run enemy files).
This. I'm not saying it's 100% for sure not real- nothing's disproved it yet- but there's still just too little proof for me, and I don't want to get in the "for sure" mindset again, only to be shocked if it's not true. Even the ESRB leak had pictures we could assess. I'll admit I thought THAT was false, but even then, the renders on characters like Ness and Duck Hunt didn't make me completely discard the possibility of it being real. Then it got video proof and specific PotD after PotD that matched perfectly with it. Onett doesn't sell me on it- I would have been more shocked if it DIDN'T come back. Smashville is not as much of a given, but I wouldn't say it's a shocker, either. AC is a popular franchise, so it getting two stages in the Wii U version isn't too surprising. EB got two stages in Melee despite its small size, after all (not counting Brawl here since EB had two reps then).

I'm not a Mewtwo or Ridley hater who wants to spite all the fans or anything. I know the pain of your favorite not making the cut, and I sympathize and want everyone to get their wishes. I just would rather take everything with a grain of salt. I'm not even a bitter 3DS fan- I'm likely getting the Wii U version, and even if those characters are only obtainable by linking to it and I don't get the version, none of them are on my must list, so it's not a huge loss to me.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hate to be this person but I disagree with some of this.
  • Any leak can take ideas off of an accurate one. It's not really hard to come up with a leak take ideas off an accurate leaker like Gematsu's insider.
  • I feel the release date didn't add much to begin with. Nov 21st has been leaked/rumored before multiple times. You're right he got it right, so it does help the rumor survive longer.
  • Fair enough. Even though people in the past has made very detailed (and risky) fake leaks that got debunked quick, but this is somewhat a fair point. Maybe. (Unsure)
As for stages...
  • Onett - You're right that Onett is predictable, since it was the obvious choice for Ness' returning stage given Fourside was absent in Brawl and New Pork City was tied to a cut Brawl character.
  • Gamer - How is Game & Wario unpredictable? Game & Wario is the latest Wario game, there was enough development time to have that included in Smash by the time it released. There has been plenty of stages based on the latest game of their respective franchises. Game & Wario is honestly no different.
  • Smashville - This is arguably unpredictable. However, I can honestly say that this was a near-obvious choice. Smashville's the only possible returning Animal Crossing stage. And given that the returning stage roster might be bigger than Brawl's (considering Brawl had a much bigger returning roster than Melee), it'll likely give almost every franchise a returning stage each. I understand people thinks this stage was impossible prior to Smashville's reveal due to Town & City being the same concept, but it should be noted that the layouts are different. However, you may have a point here. This definitely credits the leak a bit.
  • Great Cave Offensive - You have a very interesting point here. This stage could feature Mt Dedede via transformation. Or might not at all. I guess we'll wait and see.
Only large red flags at the moment is GCO and the new Star Fox stage, but the leaker probably saw the SSS and took some guesses... assuming if he is really a leaker that is!

We'll wait and see I guess. Don't get your hopes too high in case the leak turns out to be false and everyone feels too let down from it. Best to keep our expectations in check!

I don't know where people are getting the idea that the leaker is European. The 4chan post was screencapped in Europe, but that's all the timestamp proves. The leaker could be from anywhere.
Exactly. The conclusion people went on is kind of weird. :/

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/
This track list confirms that it is indeed the 'Great Cave Offensive'.
And there is also 'Gear Getaway' listed. At last we know now that there is at last one DK stage. lol :p
The Great Cave Offensive could be part of the stage, where the stage acts similarly to the 3DS Dream Land stage.

Gear Getaway is on the 3DS version, also.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai is truly revealing the secret characters in threes, then our next batch should be Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario. If Sakurai follows suit with revealing more returning stages, then we will probably get one from of of the three franchises, except Fire Emblem has all it's stages already according to the leak which means we either get a Mario stage, or Skyworld, but if Underworld truly is a Dark Pit stage, then it may get it's own POTD since it's new. If it happens to either be Rainbow Cruise or Delfino, then that's a point for the leak.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
If Sakurai is truly revealing the secret characters in threes, then our next batch should be Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario. If Sakurai follows suit with revealing more returning stages, then we will probably get one from of of the three franchises, except Fire Emblem has all it's stages already according to the leak which means we either get a Mario stage, or Skyworld, but if Underworld truly is a Dark Pit stage, then it may get it's own POTD since it's new. If it happens to either be Rainbow Cruise or Delfino, then that's a point for the leak.
Lucina has already been officially revealed, but other than that, yeah.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think that the next three would probably be G&W, ROB and maybe Doc or Jiggs. He'll probably get the veterans out of the way first

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man a lot has happened since I last checked this. Well in the forums here not actual news.

Of course today's PotD does nothing to help... Sakurai better start hyping the Wii U version soon. The hard core smashers will get both but many casual's will not justify buying a system for a game they already have on the 3DS. That bit alone makes me 95% certain that a big exclusive mode and more characters are going to be hyped. And they wouldn't be exclusive to the Wii U. You can get them on the 3DS after the wii U is out probably via a patch if you don't connect the system. It would be unfair to keep them only on the wii U

As for some of the stuff said. I don't think all the stages lists are the actual names of these stages. I think a lot of them are the guy looked at the stage and just called it what he saw it as (it's possible the stage names weren't even final yet) For example. Orbital gate he just saw the great fox and named it that. That's probably why Mt DeDeDe is there when it could just be a compliation of all the stages from Super Star. Perhaps he only saw a Picture of Mount DeDeDe on the stage selector. A compilation of a bunch of Super star stages makes a bit more sense then just great cave offensive. That also would go well with the idea of tower of smash having Dynablade. She could be a boss character on that Super star stage.

As has been said people have correctly guessed this release date before but you have to still give credit for it. Might have been an easy guess but it's still a correct guess.

People beleived the Gematsu leaker on just text only, despite being wrong in quite a few places like Chrom and Greninja and others, why is this getting so much negativity?

I think he is showing characters in the order you unlock them in just pure vs matches. so next ones should be Dark Pit, Dr Mario, and ROB. Then Ganondorf, G&W, and Bowser Jr. Then last Duck hunt and Jigglypuff.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
I feel like a broken record when I say this, but Onett, Smashville, and Gamer(Game and Wario in the leak) were all confirmed, keeping this leak up in the air. Oh, and lets not forget that Castle Siege was also on the list(and if I'm not mistaken, was confirmed after the leak was posted, like Gamer). People were already trying to debunk it when "Great Fox" ended up being Orbital Gate. The Great Fox, however, is a section within that stage, as we all know. So that leads me to the repeating argument that Mt. Dedede is a section of the Minecart stage(seemingly based off the Great Cave Offensive) we saw. Its possible that the stage represents Kirby Super Star as a whole, the stage image is of Mt. Dedede, or the leaker mistakingly thought that the castle in the background of this stage was Mt. Dedede(but is actually the underground castle from The Great Cave Offensive). Therefore this leak can still be/is very true thus far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom