• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.... This is WAY too detailed. I'm more inclined to buy it than to debunk it

I mean, if you think about it, this is a lot of content for the Wii U version which is important because the Wii U..... Yeah, no ****. We get what's going on

gamer8

Smash Lord
Yeah... Definitely way too detailed. Like Green House? Who would just think of that and put it in a stage list? Most people doubted the CSS leak when it was posted as well, I'm going to go ahead and join #TeamReal here and hope for the best. And if it's fake somehow, good for the guy who made it I guess? What would he get out of it? We had our hopes crushed before, this just restored it again for some of us but it won't be nearly as bad as the moment we found out the 3DS roster was complete if you wanted Mewtwo or Ridley.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I fail to see how having sixty stages makes this credible in the slightest, given Brawl's 41 and the 3DS's 34 (~25 of which were new). I'd love for this to be true as much as the next guy, given Magicant and excellent Kirby stages, but I'm not putting any stock in this being more than an extensive wish list unless a lot of evidence surfaces.

EDIT: Also, "DeDeDe" and "Nimbassa" don't help its credibility in my eyes.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not really for this being true but I think it probably is. There's a lot of room for doubt but, I'm leaning to it being legit BUT LIKE I SAID there's a lot of room for doubt.

If this is false though (very possible) and we're getting the same roster, a bunch of new stages, one new mode (smash run is not appearing on the Wii U version), and well... pretty much that... That isn't gonna attract anyone who has the 3DS version to buy the Wii U version. Don't call bull**** on me for this. This is a fact.

You know what. I don't care if this is fake or real (But I'm leaning to it being real). Just make sure the Wii U version has a lot more content. Fingers crossed here since Nintendo is possibly one of the most ******** companies as of now. I'm only bringing up the "state of the Wii U" because I'm thinking that this will drive them to make more content for the Wii U version such that its sales do not get completely overshadowed

I'm probably still gonna buy it anyway (along with a Wii U) because I need to but you get where I'm coming from

Last edited:

King K.Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowGamer101
3DS FC
1075-0754-8063
Because it's obviously fake, Because Sakurai logic! There are so many inconsistencies in that stage list that it really screams fake. Mt Dedede is part of the Kirby gameboy stage, Bowser's Castle is part of the Paper Mario stage, there is no DCKR stage and so much more. Not to mention NES Remix was released at december 2013. It just seems too good to be true.

EDIT: Also why are all the returning stages from Brawl? Ugh why can't we have Fountain of Dreams or Fourside (instead of the abysmal Rumble Falls)... We miss those stages Sakurai!
Bowser's Castle could be based off of Mario Kart :awesome:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sounds cool and it's interesting, but I'm not buying this rumor until I see proof

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Forest Haven from Wind Waker as a stage?!
This better be real.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Well, atleast we know once one of the new stages are announce, will determine the validity. At this moment, we have nothing to go by.

And to everyone screaming fake from the get go, remember, that there is nothing that's for or against it. As it stands, its just text that can be anything, from real to fake, or even partially real. Just keep an open mind, and expectations very low.

Last edited:

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
60 stages isn't happening. But I would love to be wrong.
Look at how many stages we had in Brawl. I don't think its totally out of the question

Anyway, the new post seems very interesting. Calling it fake at this point may not be the best thing to say as of now...

This guy could end up telling the truth.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
In a game with so many musical choices (over 200, I think), I wouldn't be surprised at anything.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmm...this rumor is looking more and more believable as time goes on....
Now all we need is for one of these stages to be confirmed...

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO Hyped for an Endless Ocean stage in HD. Oh my goodness I can only imagine... It would probably be a humongous stage like Palutena's temple and you would see lots of ocean life...

AHHHHHH :rotfl:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Because it's obviously fake, Because Sakurai logic! There are so many inconsistencies in that stage list that it really screams fake. Mt Dedede is part of the Kirby gameboy stage, Bowser's Castle is part of the Paper Mario stage, there is no DCKR stage and so much more. Not to mention NES Remix was released at december 2013. It just seems too good to be true.

EDIT: Also why are all the returning stages from Brawl? Ugh why can't we have Fountain of Dreams or Fourside (instead of the abysmal Rumble Falls)... We miss those stages Sakurai!
The Game Boy stage and the Paper Mario stage are on the 3DS version so it wouldn't be inconsistent for Mt. DeDeDe and Bowser's Castle to be separate stages on Wii U.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
now they have to sell 3ds version. When it will be sold in the whole world for at least 1 month, perhaps, they'll start to talk about relevant news for wii u version.
This seems quite rational and so realistic, imho
Unless he actually says there is going to be new characters for the Wii U version, I would not hold your breath. And so far he has only confirmed further that it is not going to happen.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Mt. Dedede could be referring to the boxing ring that you always fight him in.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mt. Dedede could be referring to the boxing ring that you always fight him in.
This makes the most logical sense. I'm also hoping for it to be so~
I mean, just imagine- the electric cage could fall down every once in a while. :3

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hmm...this rumor is looking more and more believable as time goes on....
Now all we need is for one of these stages to be confirmed...
I wouldn't exactly say one of the stages would confirm the leak either.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I really can't see the linking version unlocking characters being true. The Smash Tower sounds like a decent idea. Though very Soul Caliber and Mortal Kobat(ish). But whatever a good idea is a good idea. I'll take this with a grain of salt, and not buy into it, like all the other and be proven wrong like all the others.

I'm kinda sick of reading rumors now. I might not read anything else on the Wii U version. Just play the 3ds version to tide me over till the Wii U one comes out lol.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I fail to see how having sixty stages makes this credible in the slightest, given Brawl's 41 and the 3DS's 34 (~25 of which were new). I'd love for this to be true as much as the next guy, given Magicant and excellent Kirby stages, but I'm not putting any stock in this being more than an extensive wish list unless a lot of evidence surfaces.

EDIT: Also, "DeDeDe" and "Nimbassa" don't help its credibility in my eyes.
How does having 19 more stages than Brawl make this any less credible? Melee had 20 extra stages than 64, and Brawl had 12 more, not that far off. 60 stages isn't implausible, we just have to wait and see.

Sure. But we don't want to go down the Gematsu route again do we :p.
well, that route was fairly accurate, so yeah, I wouldn't mind going down that route, if it means 90% of the leak is real.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
>Ridiculously good stage list
>Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, and Mewtwo
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too good to be true. Absolutely not buying this for a second.

It's interesting that he'd release the entire stage list though because most fake leakers enjoy stringing people along for as long as possible. Now we'll know if he's lying when Sakurai decides to show off a new Wii U stage.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
>Ridiculously good stage list
>Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men, Impa, and Mewtwo
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too good to be true. Absolutely not buying this for a second.

It's interesting that he'd release the entire stage list though because most fake leakers enjoy stringing people along for as long as possible. Now we'll know if he's lying when Sakurai decides to show off a new Wii U stage.
If you were to tell me Megaman, Sonic, and Pacman would all be in Smash Bros during 2006 I'd laugh at you. Sakurai has already set a huge precedent of pleasing us, so this being fake just because its "too good" isn't sound. It may be fake, but that's going to take objective evidence, not subjective foresight.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Sounds more like the list of maps and players that will be added through player mods. Prove me wrong, Sakurai!

Spatman

Smash Ace
It would still grant it a lot more legitimacy. Would it not?
TheAnvil is right. It's part of the thought of the logician and philosopher Karl Popper: the "induction" isn't a valiant method to prove something.
For example: if you see 100 white swans, you could think ALL swans are white. But actually a single black swan you see is enough to refute the thesis that all swans are white.

In this case, every stage in the list that Sakurai announces isn't sufficient to prove the validity of the leak; instead, on the contrary, a single stage showed that isn't in the list is enough to refute the whole leak

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Well, is there any way for us to navigate around there being a Chorus Kids/Men trophy, and a Mewtwo trophy?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, is there any way for us to navigate around there being a Chorus Kids/Men trophy, and a Mewtwo trophy?
Having a trophy alone proves nothing. The Wii Fit Trainer has 3 trophies. Also, Fox, Falco and Wolf had assault trophies in Brawl.
Everyone still has a chance.

Last edited:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Having a trophy alone proves nothing. The Wii Fit Trainer has 3 trophies. Also, Fox and Wolf had assault trophies in Brawl.
Everyone still has a chance.
Okay, I was honestly wondering, as I was kinda concerned that might hinder the leak. But, hey, it sounds great!

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
hold on, guys
remember the new character reveal thing on october 3rd?
do you think that it'll start the "dlc/wii u character" spark to incease hype??
this sounds blindly optimistic, but i have an intutive feeling they're gonna bust out the chorus kids

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

Ever since Melee, there have been multiple versions of character trophies- one of their Smash incarnation that denotes their moveset, and another (or more) based on the game they're originally from with a different model. This doesn't say much about the leak, but it definitely shows that those trophies aren't necessarily deconfirmations by any means, especially if it's DLC we're talking about.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Why have a Tourian stage but make Mother Brain an AT if you were going to have stage bosses, Sakurai? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a missed opportunity.

Either way, this sounds fake to me. Which means it's probably real.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
hold on, guys
remember the new character reveal thing on october 3rd?
do you think that it'll start the "dlc/wii u character" spark to incease hype??
this sounds blindly optimistic, but i have an intutive feeling they're gonna bust out the chorus kids
It could be, but I figure they may want give the 3ds version time to pan out worldwide, before beginning any sort of hype train for the WiiU version. I say most likely scenario, we get a second Smash Direct, in which Sakurai focuses on WiiU modes, and features.

Why have a Tourian stage but make Mother Brain an AT if you were going to have stage bosses, Sakurai? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a missed opportunity.
Well Sakurai did miss his chance to give Peach a Daisy alt, so its not like he is keen on choices. That or, or he still wants people to think Ridley is the Metroid stage boss, and a Mother Brain stage hazard would kinda reveal too much to us, if what he wants so bad is to hide Ridley from us.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The shoehorning of characters into the rumor is what makes me think this is fake. Gematsu was wrong people, stop trying to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom