• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been spoiled by solid evidence from 3DS leaks so text rumors no longer get my excitement engines revving. That said, this rumor is more like wild dreaming than something that would actually happen, imo. "Tower of Smash" was inspired by the dungeon levels in SoulCalibur II's Weapon Master Mode; whoever wrote this is counting on it to sound like something Namco would do.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
****, I just want to hear something about the Wii U version! It's the only one that is relevant to me right now. You think after Oct. 3rd we'll finally get some information? They've been quiet for too long.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
The shoehorning of characters into the rumor is what makes me think this is fake. Gematsu was wrong people, stop trying to use it.
Was he the guy that leaked a accurate 9.5/11 characters? He confused Marth with Lucina and was wrong about Chorus Men, but that is super accurate for a leak. -A rating as far as leaks go.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The shoehorning of characters into the rumor is what makes me think this is fake. Gematsu was wrong people, stop trying to use it.
WFT - right
Megaman - right
Villager - right
Little Mac - right
Palutena - right
Mii - right
Pokemon from X Y - right, Greninja is that
Shulk - right
Chrom - partially wrong, since is part of a playable character, plus he still got the same game right
Chorus Men - ???

Funny the one Gematsu got wrong was the most obvious inclusion. Its still was extremely accurate, and again, one of the talks is that its from an early source that was outdated, and even if it wasn't, you wouldn't call WFT, if you didn't have some inside knowledge.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well this is certainly interesting. I'm not going to put much stock in it for now, but if it turns out to be true, this would be better then I ever hoped the Wii U version could be. The only blunder is having four Kirby stages, and none of the are and HD remake of Fountain of Dreams.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well this is certainly interesting. I'm not going to put much stock in it for now, but if it turns out to be true, this would be better then I ever hoped the Wii U version could be. The only blunder is having four Kirby stages, and none of the are and HD remake of Fountain of Dreams.
Well...at least we got something over nothing, right? ^^;

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
WFT - right
Megaman - right
Villager - right
Little Mac - right
Palutena - right
Mii - right
Pokemon from X Y - right, Greninja is that
Shulk - right
Chrom - partially wrong, since is part of a playable character, plus he still got the same game right
Chorus Men - ???

Funny the one Gematsu got wrong was the most obvious inclusion. Its still was extremely accurate, and again, one of the talks is that its from an early source that was outdated, and even if it wasn't, you wouldn't call WFT, if you didn't have some inside knowledge.
Does it really matter if Gematsu was right? The game is out and we know the full roster... Just let Gematsu fade in to the darkness of forgotten leaks.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
gematu is actually very important right now, its most likely outdated info, chorus men are the wildcard
Why would the chorus men be in if the Ice Climbers are out? Seeing as there are three chorus men but two ice climbers, it makes little to no sense.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Does it really matter if Gematsu was right? The game is out and we know the full roster... Just let Gematsu fade in to the darkness of forgotten leaks.
Chorus Men have yet to be identified, no their trophies don't count, so until then, I am going to keep it in mind. Also, I refuse to admit the roster is "complete" until the WiiU version is out. We still know very little in the way of exclusive content, or features concerning that version. You guys shouldn't be content in thinking this is it, when Nintendo is pushing 2 versions. I ain't saying its true, but it is too early to say that's it.

Why would the chorus men be in if the Ice Climbers are out? Seeing as there are three chorus men but two ice climbers, it makes little to no sense.
Ice Climbers were two fully functioning models, who needed to both move at 60 fps. Problem is, the 3ds couldn't handle 8 full models at the same time. We don't know how the Chorus Men would work, as we've never seen them playable.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
the chorus men can be bunched up and move together, OR there can be just one chorus kid (marshall). whereas nana has an AI

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
Guys, remember that, according to this leak, the Chorus Men would work kinda like Luma or the Pikmin, while the conductor would be Rosalina or Olimar, in this case.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
So only one chorus man would fight at a time? Then what's the point of having three linked characters? Aren't all three chorus men exactly the same?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Well the character to me are ok, except for Dixie Kong and Chorus kid sound fun.
I think this is obviusly FAKE AS FAKE. (I just want the chorus kids for real.)

And the earthbound stage, I wish that could return to the Wii U plz. because, is the best earthbound stage I ever seen. even tear fled over my eyes.

But tower Smash, sound epic and godly. I really like this idea. Now I need four MAIN MAIN MAIN MAIN characters.
This remind of Darkstalker tower of chaos, tree character and survive all of it.

And the boss fight sound epic too. Imagine you have to do this. Dyna Blade vs. Shulk, Mother Brain vs. Mario and Freaking Zongazonga vs. Charizard. I always dream for this but... Is too good to be true I think sadly is fake......

for now. Let time tell us soon.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Then why would I "control a conductor that switches between chorus men" if only one fights period?
OH **** i forgot about the leak's description whoops, i hecked up. sorry about that and ignore any single chorus men thing i said because its wrong and i overlooked the leaks text

but anyways, me hecking up aside, i think what they mean is that they are like rosalina and luma, with the ability to switch which chorus kid is the dominant one. they all control as one even if they are seperated

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
My hopes for the Chorus Men, is that they would line up side by side. You only actually control one, but the others attack based off what you do like Lumas. "Together Now" should be a powerful B move. Their final smash should be a remix, and at least Karate Joe would appear in it. I think if Nintendo wanted to honor Rhythm Heaven (Fever), they would do a remix for the final smash. Rhythm Heaven (Fever) characters are very happy most of the time, so the chance to be included in a final smash for their iconic characters, would be perfect.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Based off of the leak, my guess for the Chorus Men's unique attribute they mention is that their standard special will swap between the Chorus Men (as stated), and increase/decrease their range, damage dealt, etc. based off of the other attributes... I dunno how else that would really work.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Does the leaked list have Castle Siege? and if it does, did the stage list came before it was announced?

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Based off of the leak, my guess for the Chorus Men's unique attribute they mention is that their standard special will swap between the Chorus Men (as stated), and increase/decrease their range, damage dealt, etc. based off of the other attributes... I dunno how else that would really work.
they can have a down special in which they regroup, too!

domriver

Smash Lord
Why have a Tourian stage but make Mother Brain an AT if you were going to have stage bosses, Sakurai? Not that I'm complaining, but that seems like a missed opportunity.

Either way, this sounds fake to me. Which means it's probably real.
You have that BiG Metroid (The Baby) and you have MotherBrain when it transforms into that alien whatever you wanna call it shape.
They are both in Tourian but isn't Ridley in Tourian also as a Boss? i think Metroid 1?

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
I think I noticed something. The leak states that Ridley's recovery would change his moves. This would kinda make sense, seeing as though we saw him hovering in the footage, BUT this can't be true! Sakurai is trying to avoid moveset changes in a match. And, if he was misunderstanding, then explain him hovering, as it can't be that it changes his moveset. I still have hope for this leak, but, this is kinda important I think.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
You have that BiG Metroid (The Baby) and you have MotherBrain when it transforms into that alien whatever you wanna call it shape.
They are both in Tourian but isn't Ridley in Tourian also as a Boss? i think Metroid 1?
Nah, Ridley's domain is Norfair.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think I noticed something. The leak states that Ridley's recovery would change his moves. This would kinda make sense, seeing as though we saw him hovering in the footage, BUT this can't be true! Sakurai is trying to avoid moveset changes in a match. And, if he was misunderstanding, then explain him hovering, as it can't be that it changes his moveset. I still have hope for this leak, but, this is kinda important I think.
Shulk changes his style, in a some way. So i don't think this argument is sufficient to invalidate the leak

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Shulk changes his style, in a some way. So i don't think this argument is sufficient to invalidate the leak
Yes, however the way Shulk changes only changes the way he feels, and deals damage. This guy is suggesting that the moveset gets changed from the recovery.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
Yes, however the way Shulk changes only changes the way he feels, and deals damage. This guy is suggesting that the moveset gets changed from the recovery.
I think it is going to be the same vein as custom moves. Ridley in the air will shoot projectiles all the same, but how he slices at people with his tail might change.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I'm all for "Tower of Smash". However, considering I played Soul Calibur IV for literally YEARS, I can't help but draw comparison here. SCIV had a game mode called "Tower of Lost Souls" in which you ascend or descend the tower with about 100 floors, each few floors having a different difficulty level and special challenge, often unlocking secret or new characters. And spoiler alert that's a Bandai Namco game! I know in this instance Nintendo is essentially just using their resources and employees, and not really taking a great deal of creative input, but I wouldn't be surprised if they slipped that in there.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Since he posted the full stage list the other day, all we have to do is wait for Sakurai to post a new Wii U stage for the Pic of the Day, and we should be able to tell if this guy's lying or not.

Then again, some of the stages he "leaked" are pretty obvious.
I'll start buying this leak if Sakurai announces a stage like Green House or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom