• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Originally Posted by Spainkiller

**** it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.
Oh, that...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't know why people are saying the stage name deconfrims the leak.
On the rumored stage list we got a stage named Game & Wario.

However, the stage isn't named Game & Wario is it? No, it's called "Gamer", but it comes from Game & Wario.
While this stage's name (Once again) doesn't line up with what is shown as it's name, it does describe what parts of the stage will be contain.

I'm sure many of the stages that the person has posted aren't the ACTUAL names, but rather simply describe the general/notable contents of the stage. I wouldn't be surprised if stages like "Yoshi Story" turned out to be a Yarn Yoshi inspired stage instead.

Anyone remember the "X & Y Pokemon" bullet in a previous leak? While it was a place holder name it didn't mean it was fake guys.

TL; DR:
Today's PotD doesn't effect the leak at all.
I semi-agree. I wouldn't say it doesn't effect the leak at all. Today's POTD is exactly why we should remain skeptical of every leak until it has substantial evidence backing it either way.

It's not good news that it could contradict the stage leak, however it doesn't disprove it either.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I just think people are being overly skeptical on this issue. Kind of reminds me of this all over again:
What point are you trying to make here?

These situations are nothing alike. While the ESRB leaker posted us tons of proof, this rumor is only words.
While it's painfully easy to fake a text leak, the ESRB leak would've been tons of work if it had been a fake.

This rumor should be taken with heaps of salt, even more so now that it has two inconsistencies with the stages.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Stop with that attitude please
I'm sorry. You have no justifications to tell me how should I act on this forum, much less this thread. If I don't believe it to be true, then there's nothing you're gonna change about it until something comes to light on this leak. Until then, taking a grain of salt is a safer gambit I'm willing to take.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

These situations are nothing alike. While the ESRB leaker posted us tons of proof, this rumor is only words.
While it's painfully easy to fake a text leak, the ESRB leak would've been tons of work if it had been a fake.

This rumor should be taken with heaps of salt, even more so now that it has two inconsistencies with the stages.
Not exactly...."inconsistencies"...
I mean, he just didn't get the names right. The stages themselves are right.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Well these characters in this leak should not be true just leave them cut. DR. Mario was the prime choice to represent melee. Now the Doc has made smash history being the only cut character back in the game. Hes the GOAT. Leave mewtwo cut he was low tier anyways.

hopefully this leak gets disproven soon to the tower of bs.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Not really, While he said "Game and Wario" we got a specific game labeled "Gamer", and when he said "great fox" we got a gigantic cinematic stage that only has a small amount of time on said Ship, which even then has two other board-able ships alongside it.

You can't say he just guessed based on pictures when he listed the specific name of Endless Ocean, Bramble blast, Shooting Gallery, etc etc.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well these characters in this leak should not be true just leave them cut. DR. Mario was the prime choice to represent melee. Now the Doc has made smash history being the only cut character back in the game. Hes the GOAT. Leave mewtwo cut he was low tier anyways.
This is the most ridiculous post I have read in over a month.
You need to sit down and think for a moment.

Not really, While he said "Game and Wario" we got a specific game labeled "Gamer", and when he said "great fox" we got a gigantic cinematic stage that only has a small amount of time on said Ship, which even then has two other board-able ships alongside it.

You can't say he just guessed based on pictures when he listed the specific name of Endless Ocean, Bramble blast, Shooting Gallery, etc etc.
Perhaps he knew some games more then others...?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I semi-agree. I wouldn't say it doesn't effect the leak at all. Today's POTD is exactly why we should remain skeptical of every leak until it has substantial evidence backing it either way.

It's not good news that it could contradict the stage leak, however it doesn't disprove it either.
Well as I mentioned, this is the second time a stage has been revealed that doesn't have the same name given by this "leaker" so essentially this is nothing different from the Game & Wario stage. The only difference is we first heard of a Game & Wario first through this rumor before the PotD reveal.
That people can be so skeptical that we find ways to deconfirm information even if it is in fact the real deal. And while we are not sure this is the real deal, I feel like people are jumping the gun too quick. to say this deconfrims it.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Game and wario can be excused cause even I didn't know it was called gamer however, the great fox is a bit more interesting, but when you see that stage, you think it's the great fox. Without a name what else would you call it?

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
This is the most ridiculous post I have read in over a month.
You need to sit down and think for a moment.

Perhaps he knew some games more then others...?

What for? Dr. Mario is obviously the face of Smash bros melee and has been ever since melee came out. Also Dr. Mario's Smash 4 render is the most BA render in the bunch nothing tops it. Mewtwo is doing good just being a trophy. Least he was mentioned for you fans but sorry Dr. Mario was the first choice in everybody's mind when representing melee.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The Game & Wario part of this leak is the stage that he could've gotten right, and people have argued that it was an easy guess.

We've known for a while now that the Great Fox would be in a stage, so the leak gets no points for that.

Also, can we all choose to ignore the Dr. Mario guy?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What for? Dr. Mario is obviously the face of Smash bros melee and has been ever since melee came out.
You're very wrong about that. There is no face for Melee- unless you count the whole cast.
Mewtwo, despite being low tier, was just as important if not more important then the clone of Mario. He could easily be buffed in the new Smash.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Double Posting Warning Received
CoughSheikCough
Was in brawl doesn't count Dr. Mario made history being the first returning cut character and nothing can take that away from him.

You're very wrong about that. There is no face for Melee- unless you count the whole cast.
Mewtwo, despite being low tier, was just as important if not more important then the clone of Mario. He could easily be buffed in the new Smash.
If I am wrong why is he the returning cut character to make melee fans happy and mewtwo is just a standard trophy? It is because Dr. Mario makes more of an impact on the fanbase than mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Took another hit today. Now I'm certain it's bogus. You can argue that he didn't know the exact names, but if you look at the details about the stage, the Great Fox only plays a part at one point.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
What for? Dr. Mario is obviously the face of Smash bros melee and has been ever since melee came out. Also Dr. Mario's Smash 4 render is the most BA render in the bunch nothing tops it. Mewtwo is doing good just being a trophy. Least he was mentioned for you fans but sorry Dr. Mario was the first choice in everybody's mind when representing melee.
This is the perfect example of "haha the character I wanted got in and yours didn't so that makes me right about everything."

And if there is anyone who is the unofficial face of Melee it's Fox.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this makes too much of an impact since it is the great fox and he likely didn't know orbital gate was the actual name (Who would?) but I realized something today, this leaker gave out a full stage list knowing full well that it could be deconfirmed in a matter of days if it were fake, He could've stuck with the characters and tower of smash but he went that extra mile, I don't know what to think of it right now but I don't think it's disproven just yet

Yeah, making everyone hope for Ridley and then draw their attention to stage maps? Most fake leakers would focus on new characters, since those get peoples' hopes up the most.

If I saw the picture Sakurai released of the stage, but had none of the context, my very limited star fox knowledge would prompt me to say, "Oh, another Great Fox map with different types of ships shooting at me." I still can not believe my absolute favorite Wario Ware stage is a entire level. I think we have to assume that all leak stages are actually much more vague than we originally thought.
To be honest though, what could happen to the entire leak that would give it a ghost of a chance?:093:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Game and wario can be excused cause even I didn't know it was called gamer however, the great fox is a bit more interesting, but when you see that stage, you think it's the great fox. Without a name what else would you call it?
Bruh.
How do you explain him getting names like Bramble Blast and Endless ocean, then? You can't tell what game it's from if all you see in the stage icon is blue, and there aren't notable locations in endless ocean to recognize, while Bramble blast is the name of the remixed Stickerbrush symphony song that appeared in Brawl, the list goes on.
That people can be so skeptical that we find ways to deconfirm information even if it is in fact the real deal. And while we are not sure this is the real deal, I feel like people are jumping the gun too quick. to say this deconfrims it.
Critizing a picture because "pixels look wrong", or it "looks like another picture" is completely different from having actual inconsistencies in a text leak.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Bruh.

How do you explain him getting names like Bramble Blast and Endless ocean, then? You can't tell what game it's from if all you see in the stage icon is blue, and there aren't notable locations in endless ocean to recognize, while Bramble blast is the name of the remixed Stickerbrush symphony song that appeared in Brawl, the list goes on.

Critizing a picture because "pixels look wrong", or it "looks like another picture" is completely different from having actual inconsistencies in a text leak.
Maybe he just knows more about DK but doesn't know a lot about star fox

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Took another hit today. Now I'm certain it's bogus. You can argue that he didn't know the exact names, but if you look at the details about the stage, the Great Fox only plays a part at one point.
Its possible he just looked at the stage icons. Perhaps that's all that was shown.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Gemetsu and the Pokemon X/Y leaker had leaked info that ended up being false btw.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
This is the perfect example of "haha the character I wanted got in and yours didn't so that makes me right about everything."

And if there is anyone who is the unofficial face of Melee it's Fox.
Nope fox is in every game. Any exclusive character from melee would have represented melee obviously majority wanted Dr. Mario back because hes the face of melee and has been wanted since ever he got cut from brawl.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
If he didn't know the name what else would he call it?
He could have just said " A Starfox stage featuring the Great Fox and other things, like missiles" or described what happens in said stage. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that he only saw the portion of the stage where the Great Fox is prominently displayed, but to me, it seems like he's piggybacking off of this pic that popped up in July.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Nope fox is in every game. Any exclusive character from melee would have represented melee obviously majority wanted Dr. Mario back because hes the face of melee and has been wanted since ever he got cut from brawl.
Yeah, you just go right ahead and keep saying that to yourself. :p Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you'd clearly know that Mewtwo was the most requested veteran.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
He could have just said " A Starfox stage featuring the Great Fox and other things, like missiles" or described what happens in said stage. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that he only saw the portion of the stage where the Great Fox is prominently displayed, but to me, it seems like he's piggybacking off of this pic that popped up in July.

Considering every other stage was 1 or 2 words, I seriously doubt that and he likely didn't have a lot of info anyway, He probably just saw stage icons or a screenshot at best

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Well majority of the people want the Tower of Smash leak to be false we have too many characters as it is and I don't want to be forced to play any more female characters we have enough of them already.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well majority of the people want the Tower of Smash leak to be false we have too many characters as it is and I don't want to be forced to play any more female characters we have enough of them already.
Ok, now you're literally trying to troll. :p Humorous.

It is possible. All I'm saying is that I don't buy it, though I would very much like it to be true.
I understand. xD Mr. Pessimist over here has to keep up his reputation. ^.-

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Ok, now you're literally trying to troll. :p Humorous.

I understand. xD Mr. Pessimist over here has to keep up his reputation. ^.-
How so do you know me? I actually hate playing as female protagonists in games and also forced to play as useless characters to 100 percent to get thier trophies is more like a chore than fun. I been in this series since the start of it and I can whoop anyones butt on Pj 64k and melee dolphin. I don't play brawl cuz it crap. On smash bros 3ds i would gladly destroy u as well when the wii u version comes out too. Glad you moved your main pokemon to charizard hes a much better pokemon than mewtwo thats for sure.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Your missing the point. Regardless of the amount of information given, people can deconfirm just about anything no matter how legitimate.

Basically this quote still applies:
Why are we being picky on what the "leaker" should have or should elaborate more on? Just be happy (if it is true) that someone took the time to share the something with us at all. We don't even the know the circumstances a person was in when they came across this info. They could have merely saw screenshots and made a list of stages based on what they believed they saw;We can't fault them for the lack clarity, info such as this wasn't meant to be disclosed at this time that's why it's called a leak and not an official announcement.
It's easy to call fake for the smallest of nitpicks, I'm just saying we need more than "Oh, he got the name wrong, despite getting the vague contents right" For all we know, all of the names on that list aren't the real names; but are just general titles placeholder the person gave.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Okay, so I just had this awesome idea, what if Tower of Smash had different bosses depending on difficulty? (if Tower of Smash is real of course.) Here's some boss ideas I had, although I'm not super familiar with some of these franchises, so pardon me please. Alright, here we go! The Very Easy to Normal difficulty boss is on the left, and the Hard to Very Hard one is on the right.

10. Dino Pirhana/ King Boo
20. Yveltal/Giratina Origin Forme (I know he's already in a Pokeball, but I feel Nintendo wasted an opportunity to give one of the most intimidating Pokémon his coolest form.)
30. Tiki Final Boss thing from DKCR?/King K. Rool
40. Dr. Eggman/Perfect Chaos
50. Fire Emblem bosses! I have no idea.... :p
60. Kraid/Mother Brain (Final form from Super Metroid.)
70. Starman/Porky (Would love to have used Gigyas, but it would have increased the age rating.) :p
80. Medusa/Hades
90. Marx/02
100. Master Core/New Tabuu form

Honorable Mentions: Water Wraith (Pikmin), That creepy *** clown final boss from Wario Land 3, Wham Bam Rock (Kirby) Rayquaza (Pokémon), Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes), Dr. Wiley mech thing (Not super familiar with Megaman.), Black Shadow (F-Zero).

I think that having this kind of setup would add even more replayability if this mode was real.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

hopefully this leak gets disproven soon to the tower of bs.
Uhh, ok... That was fascinating.

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
Okay, so I just had this awesome idea, what if Tower of Smash had different bosses depending on difficulty? (if Tower of Smash is real of course.) Here's some boss ideas I had, although I'm not super familiar with some of these franchises, so pardon me please. Alright, here we go! The Very Easy to Normal difficulty boss is on the left, and the Hard to Very Hard one is on the right.

10. Dino Pirhana/ King Boo
20. Yveltal/Giratina Origin Forme (I know he's already in a Pokeball, but I feel Nintendo wasted an opportunity to give one of the most intimidating Pokémon his coolest form.)
30. Tiki Final Boss thing from DKCR?/King K. Rool
40. Dr. Eggman/Perfect Chaos
50. Fire Emblem bosses! I have no idea.... :p
60. Kraid/Mother Brain (Final form from Super Metroid.)
70. Starman/Porky (Would love to have used Gigyas, but it would have increased the age rating.) :p
80. Medusa/Hades
90. Marx/02
100. Master Core/New Tabuu form

Honorable Mentions: Water Wraith (Pikmin), That creepy *** clown final boss from Wario Land 3, Wham Bam Rock (Kirby) Rayquaza (Pokémon), Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes), Dr. Wiley mech thing (Not super familiar with Megaman.), Black Shadow (F-Zero).

I think that having this kind of setup would add even more replayability if this mode was real.
Nope.avi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom