• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Guys, pls. This doesn't disprove the leak. We've already seen he doesn't know the name of all the stages. Besides, didn't this stage already get revealed? Its not like Star Fox is a super popular series played by so many now a days. He might have just saw the Great Fox, and just called it that. Some other stages have more specific names, so if he gets them wrong, then the leak is false. The stage is really just an updated Great Fox, so he really isn't wrong.
Then hold off on the closing of the thread. Keep it open until further notice, I presume?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Until we have without a shadow of a doubt this is fake, lets keep it open. We are frankly still in a 50/50 situation.
Agreed. I may have damaged the structure, however, towers stand tall until the last brick is gone. We'll leave this thread the way it is for now.:)

So I've seen people discussing bosses, but has anyone figured out what sort of attacks they may have? If the leak is true (which may be very unlikely now), we'll most likely see Dyna Blade and Mecha Dragon. I imagine most of them will play their roles just like they do in game, but how would a boss Giygas work?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not a big believer of this particular leak, but today's POTD doesn't really disprove it. The Great Fox is clearly present.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Im going to say that maybe he doesnt know the exact names of stages just the main look of the stage. If we get a game and watch stage and it looks like a greenhouse but isnt called greenhouse bit g&w3 then I think it's okay. I think this leak is still possible.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Is the leak probably bs? Of course.
Am I going to hold onto hope until we get something a bit more conclusive than conflicting stage names? Obviously!

There's no reason the leaker would have to know all the stage names, especially if he was looking at a Japanese build or only got to see the icons on the Stage select screen. Until we see a stage that definitely isn't on the list, or a Wii U exclusive mode that isn't Tower of Smash, I don't see any reason to consider the leak dead. It's still compelling, and there's no downside to having faith so long as you don't mind disappointment. If I get a chance later this week, I may do a write up on some of the evidence for and against this leak.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Guys, "Great Fox" is under 'new' stages, not 'familiar' stages. This is a 'new Great Fox stage.' Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the same stage we've seen in a previous PotD - though the Aparoid detail is new.

Leak is still alive, but not confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't know why people are saying the stage name deconfrims the leak.
On the rumored stage list we got a stage named Game & Wario.

However, the stage isn't named Game & Wario is it? No, it's called "Gamer", but it comes from Game & Wario.
While this stage's name (Once again) doesn't line up with what is shown as it's name, it does describe what parts of the stage will be contain.

I'm sure many of the stages that the person has posted aren't the ACTUAL names, but rather simply describe the general/notable contents of the stage. I wouldn't be surprised if stages like "Yoshi Story" turned out to be a Yarn Yoshi inspired stage instead.

Anyone remember the "X & Y Pokemon" bullet in a previous leak? While it was a place holder name it didn't mean it was fake guys.

TL; DR:
Today's PotD doesn't effect the leak at all.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
This is going to be another "Miahstorm" again.
Just let it go guys.
Not until we have hard evidence, bub. The same skepticism was apparent during the ESRB leak, and look how that turned out. Not saying its real, but this leak is not dead yet. And how someone as already pointed out, this "Great Fox" stage was under new stages, not familiar, so yeah.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I'd say today's post hurts the leak.
Doesn't disprove it, but definitely hurts it.

If he can get as specific as "Green House" for the new Game & Watch stage, there's no reason he couldn't also get specific for the Game & Wario and Star Fox stages.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So what are you guys gonna think if more stages from the stage rumor (same author as the tower of smash rumor aparently)

However, the stage isn't named Game & Wario is it? No, it's called "Gamer", but it comes from Game & Wario.
While this stage's name (Once again) doesn't line up with what is shown as it's name, it does describe what parts of the stage will be contain.

I'm sure many of the stages that the person has posted aren't the ACTUAL names, but rather simply describe the general/notable contents of the stage. I wouldn't be surprised if stages like "Yoshi Story" turned out to be a Yarn Yoshi inspired stage instead.

Anyone remember the "X & Y Pokemon" bullet in a previous leak? While it was a place holder name it didn't mean it was fake guys.
This and simply this. Finally someone who uses his head!
Clearly the guy of the leak/rumor didn't know the EXACT names of EVERY stage and named some of them by a more familiar name, wheter it's a keyword or just the name of the game. So in the end, this doesn't deconfirms anything, on the contrary, it half confirms one more stage from the list, and it happened already with the Gamer stage. So lets keep looking which more stages we see in the next days, shall we guys?

If he can get as specific as "Green House" for the new Game & Watch stage, there's no reason he couldn't also get specific for the Game & Wario and Star Fox stages.
Not everyone is perfect, you need to be more open mind specially on leakers that are just leaking information however they can, check again what happened with the Gamer stage. You shouldn't close your mind that much, not yet at least.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
If they weren't so vague, it would be a lot more believable. Even then, you're clearly not fighting only on the Great Fox from what we seen in the pictures.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
If they weren't so vague, it would be a lot more believable. Even then, you're clearly not fighting only on the Great Fox from what we seen in the pictures.
That's just how it's going to be, if you check the rumor's list, you will see the leaker either didn't have the time to bother to get the specific names of the stages, or maybe he just couldn't at the moment of taking notes of what he saw. I would keep my mind open until a stage that clearly has nothing to do with the list appears. Until then, keep mind open i would say.

And yes the stage looks pretty badass and creative now, can't wait to see how crazy it actually gets.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I may have damaged the structure, however, towers stand tall until the last brick is gone. We'll leave this thread the way it is for now.:)
You've played Jenga, right?

Whereas Gamer didn't really affect the leak much one way or the other, Orbital Gate hurt it a lot. The Great Fox on this stage seems to be as prevalent as the Falcon Flyer was in Big Blue. The possibility of the leaker seeing the stage in action and calling it Great Fox is unlikely.

It's not completely dead, but it took a serious blow. The only explanation you could put out is that the leaker had limited information (only saw the stage select screen, only saw some of the level in action, not all) which is pretty flimsy considering how much he knows.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think we should wait and see more stages that match,instead of going nuts before the time.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I think we should wait and see more stages that match,instead of going nuts before the time.
lol well me personally i'm not going nuts but i'm not in denial either as some other ppl around here. I keep my mind open and i take this great fox stage as a 50/50 right now. Can't wait to see which one we see next....

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Well, not as a serious blow as what happened to Gemastu, but some are apparently still believing THAT so...
Well, believing this ToS leak is by extension believing Gematsu, as the last character was Chorus Men.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I'm not in denial either, actually. I'm still hoping there are some crazy explanations for the inconsistencies a la Phoenix Wright, but right now the evidence is pointing towards it being false.

Of course, #TeamFalse had evidence pointing towards the ESRB leak being false, as well. But as more information poured in, the more the inconsistencies were explained, the more people switched to #TeamReal, myself included.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'm not in denial either, actually. I'm still hoping there are some crazy explanations for the inconsistencies a la Phoenix Wright, but right now the evidence is pointing towards it being false.

Of course, #TeamFalse had evidence pointing towards the ESRB leak being false, as well. But as more information poured in, the more the inconsistencies were explained, the more people switched to #TeamReal, myself included.
I don't think we actually have a solid evidence that points towards it being false at all. Saying we have it would be like in phoenix wright presenting evidence at a wrong time that just won't help because something might appear later that confirms it even more, just as you said about what happened to the ESRB leak lol. So let's not make the same mistake again and still wait to see what happens :p

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
That's just how it's going to be, if you check the rumor's list, you will see the leaker either didn't have the time to bother to get the specific names of the stages, or maybe he just couldn't at the moment of taking notes of what he saw. I would keep my mind open until a stage that clearly has nothing to do with the list appears. Until then, keep mind open i would say.

And yes the stage looks pretty badass and creative now, can't wait to see how crazy it actually gets.
Screw that. I'm keeping the thought closed until it happens. And when it happens, I'm not going to say another word in this wishful thinking thread.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

You've played Jenga, right?

Whereas Gamer didn't really affect the leak much one way or the other, Orbital Gate hurt it a lot. The Great Fox on this stage seems to be as prevalent as the Falcon Flyer was in Big Blue. The possibility of the leaker seeing the stage in action and calling it Great Fox is unlikely.

It's not completely dead, but it took a serious blow. The only explanation you could put out is that the leaker had limited information (only saw the stage select screen, only saw some of the level in action, not all) which is pretty flimsy considering how much he knows.
Here's where things are getting interesting...

1. We already know the stage list isn't perfect because 'Nintendo Land' is mentioned twice. This flaw represents something significant that will unfortunately complicate our deductions; Whether a copy/paste error or a misunderstanding of what the leaker was seeing, perhaps a blatantly misidentified stage, this tells us the leaker was not careful with his/her information, and we'll have to take that into account. Unfortunately, this means an error might not kill the leak, unless it can be proven that it wasn't an error of ignorance.

2. The inconsistency in detail from one stage to the next is difficult to explain away, but makes the most sense if the leaker only saw the stage select screen - in other words, they've only seen a single static image representing each stage. I could see how this explains all three stages we've seen so far, but I'm pretty positive if I continued to do this with every upcoming reveal, I'm going to be contradicting myself in little time - after all, I'm going off an assumption. That said, I think I'd have to concede that the leak is damaged by the quality of its information. It's not wrong yet, but it is questionable.

(EDIT: Calling a new Great Fox stage does help, but it's a stage that's already been revealed, so it doesn't help a whole lot. I also don't think it hurts a whole lot either... I'm hesitant to say it balances out, because I don't think it does but I can't tell which way the scale is tipped. I think we just need to wait for more information.)

Here's how I would explain the three stages we've seen so far - I'm spoiler-tagging this because I'm not confident enough to lean on it.
Great Fox: I'm imagining a scenario where the "Great Fox" stage is just a picture of the Great Fox in space - nothing else relevant surrounding the ship, certainly not enough to say "Hey, that's definitely the Orbital Platform from Star Fox Assault."

Greenhouse: The "Greenhouse" game has a very distinct look, enough so that he/she could have said "I recognize that game and know it's called 'Greenhouse.'

Game & Wario: The best explanation I can offer is the stage select screen is probably a static image, whereas the Wario Ware stage was a transitional, so perhaps the leaker felt safer assuming this stage would also make transitions like its predecessor.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't think this makes too much of an impact since it is the great fox and he likely didn't know orbital gate was the actual name (Who would?) but I realized something today, this leaker gave out a full stage list knowing full well that it could be deconfirmed in a matter of days if it were fake, He could've stuck with the characters and tower of smash but he went that extra mile, I don't know what to think of it right now but I don't think it's disproven just yet

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Screw that. I'm keeping the thought closed until it happens. And when it happens, I'm not going to say another word in this wishful thinking thread.
You're not gonna say anything in this thread because it wont be false anymore if it ends being confirmed, just as it happened with the ESRB leak, and of course you won't say a thing after calling it "wishful thinking thread" because your pessimism will just end being your own embarrassment by then. Just because we aren't close mind like you are, doesn't makes us wishful ppl, so don't insult us like that, we just don't go calling stuff false or fake with no evidence for doing so, so we keep our minds open until its officially proven false, we analyze the news we get, and until proven false, chances are always possible, and that's not being wishful, that's just not being a pessimist, simple as that.
Being wishful would be to keep thinking something is possible when actual evidence proved something false already, and as far as i know nothing has been proven false yet. If you don't want to believe fine, but don't go on calling thread names as if we were helpless wishful ppl.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well don't be so salty when it actually comes out false. It's just one more step of ruining yourself.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just think people are being overly skeptical on this issue. Kind of reminds me of this all over again:

Why are we being picky on what the "leaker" should have or should elaborate more on? Just be happy (if it is true) that someone took the time to share the something with us at all. We don't even the know the circumstances a person would be in when they came across this info. They could have merely saw screenshots and made a list of stages based on what they believed they saw;
We can't fault them for the lack clarity, info such as this wasn't meant to be disclosed at this time that's why it's called a leak and not an official announcement.

For now we should just relax and accept what the person has given us, and view everything from all perspectives.

If false, bummer, but its not like it's the end of the world. Won't be the first time any of us have been wrong, big deal.

If true, then we all get some great new stages! And as for the people who doubted it...well...it won't be the first time any of us have been wrong so again, big deal.

No salt gained, no salt lost. At least for me.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

TL; DR:
Today's PotD doesn't effect the leak at all.
YES THANK YOU you gave me so hope back.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, there's also the fact that when Dream Land was revealed, Sakurai implied the name of the stage would be Game Boy and it turned out it wasn't.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Originally Posted by Spainkiller

**** it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Originally Posted by Spainkiller

**** it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.
What about impa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom