• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Sakurai say that Smash Run is a exclusive mode for the 3DS. After all Sakurai show the"Challenges Menu" (Because we love Menus) the 3DS are easy but Wii U version a little more trickier.

Smash Run is kinda a casual randomizes fun mode when...
Tower smash like the leaker describe. Is look freaking hardcore and believe Tower of Souls from Soul Calibur 4 is hardcore.
After all Boss Battle Music is still in the game.In the Smash 4 3DS version... Yeah Boss Battle, the same music from brawl used in Boss Battle Mode. Still the original version though. Is in the sound test. No one know what stages use this music, Like the Takamaru one too, Sill a big mystery.

Nintendo state they don't targeting the casual people because they fail to stay with nintendo and now they targeting to the Hardcore gamer in both version of smash bros.

So a Unique Mode of Wii U is a possibility since the Direct, because they never talk about the exclusive Wii U mode.
DLC are a possibility since day one.

The only thing that worry me in this leak is the character. I don't like them or anything. How this thing was made Up. Like, when you connect the 3DS is the Wii U version you automatically gonna have the character, How that gonna work, I prefer is you connect to it and then do some matches and unlocked them, to make it more fun. Especially in DLC? I think this was made up.
BUT there a evidence that really don't prove but is interesting.

We know that 3DS<control can be use as a controller in the Wii U version, We knew about this WHEN THE GAME CAME OUT AND IT WAS SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE. There more secret can be unlocked is you connect your 3DS version to the Wii U version, so there really more stuff in both version. Literally more than we know except the Menus...

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have some pre-order bonus extra and then those ppl who didn't pre order the game can just buy the dlc when the game is released, kinda like what happened with Hyrule Warriors but with different details of course. All of this instead that weird thing about connectivity for getting more content, I just don't see that happening. The only thing i see happening with the wii u version and a 3ds together, is the availability of having extra controllers and 8 ppl playing, after all, the home console version of smash bros will be always the most competitive one, so that idea works just fine.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I would rather have some pre-order bonus extra and then those ppl who didn't pre order the game can just buy the dlc when the game is released, kinda like what happened with Hyrule Warriors but with different details of course. All of this instead that weird thing about connectivity for getting more content, I just don't see that happening. The only thing i see happening with the wii u version and a 3ds together, is the availability of having extra controllers and 8 ppl playing, after all, the home console version of smash bros will be always the most competitive one, so that idea works just fine.
So releasing the version for the failing console 2 months later without allowing you to get any extra content is a better idea?

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So releasing the version for the failing console 2 months later without allowing you to get any extra content is a better idea?
I'm sorry what? When did i even say that i had an idea about not getting extra content at all? Just because i don't like the idea of the connectivity thing said in the rumor? that's not the only way for getting extra content you know.
If you actually "read" what i said, i talked about DLC or pre-order extra bonus as a chance of extra content being more a reasonable way for getting extra content. Having to require both versions for more content is just too troublesome in my opinion, that's all i'm saying.
Also, I'm just saying that i don't believe the connectivity of both versions will give you extra content, but rather it will give the wii u version the chance of having more ppl playing on it at the same time, which makes it more competitive and attractive, even for events and stuff like that. That's the only thing i see about both consoles working together, if there are more stuff, i doubt that it's about unlocking extra content, it would be just too troublesome.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I think rather than connecting the consoles to get the extra characters on the 3ds, it would be free DLC for the 3ds to get the characters that come included in the Wii U version.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I think rather than connecting the consoles to get the extra characters on the 3ds, it would be free DLC for the 3ds to get the characters that come included in the Wii U version.
I like this idea too, seems more reasonable than having to connect both consoles.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I like this idea too, seems more reasonable than having to connect both consoles.
Reasonable, yeah, but I don't think this would or even should happen.
Why?
Because people need all the incentive possible to buy the Wii U version, as the console is on it's last legs, here.
If Nintendo seriously don't keep some stuff aside that is really great that requires the Wii U platform, then it's a massive business mistake.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Reasonable, yeah, but I don't think this would or even should happen.
Why?
Because people need all the incentive possible to buy the Wii U version, as the console is on it's last legs, here.
If Nintendo seriously don't keep some stuff aside that is really great that requires the Wii U platform, then it's a massive business mistake.
Well it's already going to get exclusive content, wheter it gets exclusive characters or not, that's another thing. But I think it will already sell as long as what Sakurai shows us is hyping enough for us to buy that version. Me personally, i didnt care about 3ds games so i never bought a 3ds in first place, i bought a wii u because of the upcoming games, starting with hyrule warriors and other games on their way. So i'm already going to buy the wii u version of sm4sh no matter what, and i'm sure i'm not the only one in such situation. Not everyone has a 3ds version nor i think anyone would buy a console for just one single game.... thats ridiculous. But anyways, regarding what you said, i think sakurai has something under his sleeve about the wii u version that will rise the hype a lot, or at least i hope he does, it's not like Nintendo would let him screw up anyways :p we gotta keep that in mind too. Nintendo will or at least should do everything possible to make the biggest games of nintendo to keep selling their consoles

D

Deleted member

The question is this: As a person without a Wii U, would you buy the Wii U version and a Wii U for ~$360 instead of $40 (or $160 if you need a 2DS) for some HD graphics and new minor game modes that aren't some variation of group mode? Especially when the 3DS has Smash Run? No you wouldn't. Because many people who don't have a Wii U are complaining about the possibility and think any exclusive characters would be free-$5 DLC. No consumer is going to buy the expensive Wii U version for HD especially when they have a great looking game already. From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to sell characters for $360 instead of free or $20, now that the Wii U is on its last legs and is just a burden to Nintendo financially.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
The question is this: As a person without a Wii U, would you buy the Wii U version and a Wii U for ~$360 instead of $40 (or $160 if you need a 2DS) for some HD graphics and new minor game modes that aren't some variation of group mode? Especially when the 3DS has Smash Run? No you wouldn't. Because many people who don't have a Wii U are complaining about the possibility and think any exclusive characters would be free-$5 DLC. No consumer is going to buy the expensive Wii U version for HD especially when they have a great looking game already. From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to sell characters for $360 instead of free or $20, now that the Wii U is on its last legs and is just a burden to Nintendo financially.
First of all, I wouldn't buy any console in general just for one single game, whatever the game is and has, HD or not, I would rather buy a console that has the biggest list of interests in games for me, games that are fun and has the most content possible, even if that means taking more of my time to save money, which i already did to buy my wii u just a couple of months ago. In my case, and many others', I'm excited for hyrule warriors, zelda in 2015, bayonetta, smash 4, etc. Most of us who love nintendo through all these years are not buying the games because of the "HD", leave that to ps4 and xbox's fanboys who only care about the HD part. Having that said, I'm not getting the wii u version because of the hd, but because of the waaaay more new modes and content it will have in general for sure; to be honest, that is worth the money in my opinion, specially when it gets revealed by sakurai anytime now, i'm sure he has his final card under his sleeve to suprise us all and make us drool at the wii u version. If he doesn't well...now THAT would be a business mistake.

Also...minor game modes? seriously? do you think the wii u version's game modes are going to be minor compared to the 3ds version's ? I absolutely don't think so, it's the home console version of smash, which means it's gonna have the biggest and coolest content possible to make the game amazing and the console sell at the same time.

We gotta look at the whole picture, in this case, not just ppl without a wii u, but ppl without a 3ds. The 3ds version is already selling a lot, ppl who are satisfied with the 3ds version has nothing to worry about it anymore, just wait for more content wheter it's dlc or in other way nintendo thinks of. As a company, you need to think for both customers the same, 3ds customers and wii u customers, if you want to be succesfull, not just make a cheaper game's version and then forget about the other version's relevance.

Sakurai and Nintendo knows this, so they won't make the wii u version LESS important than the 3ds due to ANY reason at all, specially if the wii u NEEDS to sell now more than ever.

If you got a 3ds version and you don't care about the wii u version because you already got the game for "cheap", man that's what i call being conformist. Which is fine if that's what you want, but the rest of us are not like that.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
First of all, I wouldn't buy any console in general just for one single game, whatever the game is and has, HD or not, I would rather buy a console that has the biggest list of interests in games for me, games that are fun and has the most content possible, even if that means taking more of my time to save money, which i already did to buy my wii u just a couple of months ago. In my case, and many others', I'm excited for hyrule warriors, zelda in 2015, bayonetta, smash 4, etc. Most of us who love nintendo through all these years are not buying the games because of the "HD", leave that to ps4 and xbox's fanboys who only care about the HD part. Having that said, I'm not getting the wii u version because of the hd, but because of the waaaay more new modes and content it will have in general for sure; to be honest, that is worth the money in my opinion, specially when it gets revealed by sakurai anytime now, i'm sure he has his final card under his sleeve to suprise us all and make us drool at the wii u version. If he doesn't well...now THAT would be a business mistake.

Also...minor game modes? seriously? do you think the wii u version's game modes are going to be minor compared to the 3ds version's ? I absolutely don't think so, it's the home console version of smash, which means it's gonna have the biggest and coolest content possible to make the game amazing and the console sell at the same time.

We gotta look at the whole picture, in this case, not just ppl without a wii u, but ppl without a 3ds. The 3ds version is already selling a lot, ppl who are satisfied with the 3ds version has nothing to worry about it anymore, just wait for more content wheter it's dlc or in other way nintendo thinks of. As a company, you need to think for both customers the same, 3ds customers and wii u customers, if you want to be succesfull, not just make a cheaper game's version and then forget about the other version's relevance.

Sakurai and Nintendo knows this, so they won't make the wii u version LESS important than the 3ds due to ANY reason at all, specially if the wii u NEEDS to sell now more than ever.

If you got a 3ds version and you don't care about the wii u version because you already got the game for "cheap", man that's what i call being conformist. Which is fine if that's what you want, but the rest of us are not like that.
Just because you think that it's worth getting the other version doesn't mean it doesn't for most people. Game modes and stages won't sell a game and nintendo needs all it can get right now and honestly most smash game modes are worthless, there's classic which you'll likely never touch after getting all the characters, all-star which is just kinda there as a means to fight all the characters and smash run which nobody really cares about anymore

The fact is, the characters are what sells smash and holding a couple big ones back for the wii u version makes sense business wise for nintendo

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Sorry I haven't been keeping up on my Smash leak news, but why is this "leak" being speculated on as much as it is? Has there been any evidence that this is true, or is it just that people want it to be true?
A little from Column A, a little from Column B.

Essentially the leak sounds interesting and suggests some oddly specific ideas that we haven't seen in other leaks, e.g. obscure stages and an interesting new game mode. A stage mentioned in the leak may or may not correspond to the newest stage revealed (the stage is indeed from the game mentioned, but the exact name isn't correct). Some people are taking this as a sign that the leak may hold some truth, others are saying it's a harsh blow to the leak's validity.

That and we just want something to talk about right now. This is less so a thread postulating the validity of the leak more so than it is just a general discussion of the hypothetical "Tower of Smash" mode.

tl;dr - We don't know yet.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Just because you think that it's worth getting the other version doesn't mean it doesn't for most people. Game modes and stages won't sell a game and nintendo needs all it can get right now and honestly most smash game modes are worthless, there's classic which you'll likely never touch after getting all the characters, all-star which is just kinda there as a means to fight all the characters and smash run which nobody really cares about anymore

The fact is, the characters are what sells smash and holding a couple big ones back for the wii u version makes sense business wise for nintendo
Oh I know that already, i'm one of those who strongly believe that characters are smash's biggest value. Which is why i totally support DLC or just new characters in general happening when the wii u version comes out, otherwise how the hell nintendo expects us to buy the wii u version? it's obvious that they have to make some move about characters there. I was just saying that wii u's game modes, stages or content in general are not gonna be inferior to the 3ds'.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
If it happens around the same time "it will still sell", but it's not going to sell extremely well if that does happen, especially for people that are buying both or all three.

You have time when you separate the dates a little. For some people, they're going to buy one of them somewhat near the last minute and they might not have enough for both to the point it they may not want to purchase the other game. Similar people in that boat might not be able to invest into it at all due to real life.

If they release it away from Pokemon's release date, this would cover bases to optimally sale very well for all three games regardless of the consumers' income. Which I consider the idea that they may either release it soon or by Christmas. Not literally in the same week interval with another game regardless of what console it's on. If that happens, its going to cause lost of interest for some
consumers that may want both (or all three) games.
so people should be like "I don't have enough money to buy both of these games now, so they should release an already completed title later so that other people can't enjoy it because I can't, and if they don't release this already completed game later instead then I'll just refuse to buy it!"

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
so people should be like "I don't have enough money to buy both of these games now, so they should release an already completed title later so that other people can't enjoy it because I can't, and if they don't release this already completed game later instead then I'll just refuse to buy it!"
Well...some fools have that logic indeed, specially when they think that everyone else are in the same situation as them when obviously they're not lol... Not to mention that any company wouldn't stop from doing whatever they want and need to do because of a some ppl who can't buy "this" or "that" at the same time, the companies will just say "there are ppl who actually can" and the sales results end being the proof of it.

To be quite honest with ppl who think this, i have to say : If you can't buy something at the same time as other thing....what's wrong with that? is there a problem on not being able to get everything at the same time? how many times in life have everyone needed to give stuff some priorities over other things?....like seriously....games, movies or whatever happening at the same time, shouldn't be a reason for drama.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Doesn't matter. It's just not optimal for revenue is all I'm saying. You can take that completely in any direction you want with my argument, but you'll lose less when it's in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah, I think the leak is as good as dead now, in my honest opinion. There were some minor red flags from earlier due to contradicting evidences.

Shame because there were a lot of cool ideas.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Well, TECHNICALLY, the Great Fox is involved, since you are fighting on it at one point, so.....plausible?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Well, TECHNICALLY, the Great Fox is involved, since you are fighting on it at one point, so.....plausible?
The Great Fox was already known to be in the Wii U Star Fox stage long before the Tower of Smash rumor surfaced.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Hence why I said plausible rather than guaranteed in the leak's favor. Castle Siege was also confirmed beforehand. About a day or so before the "Leak".

EDIT: Before the "Leak's" stage list, I mean.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I still believe that there is some credibility.
It's like that the leaker knows not what the actual stage names are, but what the games and locations are based off.
(Game and Wario, now great fox)

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
*Reserves seats for Ridley, Mewtwo and Takamaru for my most wanted Super Smash Bros 5 newcomers*:confused::cry::crying:

Whether or not this is it for the 'leak', or if they thought it was simply called Great Fox until now...

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
So this new stage shown today seems to disprove the leak. Or at least, the stage part.
Does anyone know if there's definate proof that the Tower of Smash leak and the stage list leak are completely related? Besides the latter's claims to be the same, I don't see anything tying them together.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So this new stage shown today seems to disprove the leak. Or at least, the stage part.
Does anyone know if there's definate proof that the Tower of Smash leak and the stage list leak are completely related? Besides the latter's claims to be the same, I don't see anything tying them together.
My apologies, but it appears as if they are the same.:cry:
At least four times, the leaker's username of !!kL9Bp7skziK is written in the post. We all fought hard to see this true, yet now it is shrouded in more doubt. Farewell, Tower of Smash leak, "the mode that is now the mode that never was".

Regardless, Orbital Gate looks cool.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
At least four times, the leaker's username of !!kL9Bp7skziK is written in the post. We all fought hard to see this true, yet now it is shrouded in more doubt. Farewell, Tower of Smash leak, "the mode that is now the mode that never was".

I still don't see this as proof against the leak, but that they didn't know the stage names is still a possibility.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

Wait, that's a username? I thought it was a simple name, something that anyone could use and write down for their purposes, not something like an IP.
(I've never done a post in 4chan, so maybe I'm being completely dumb here, but that's how it worked on 2ch. You can use the same username as one someone else had already used, because there was no such thing as accounts. They kept track of everything by IPs and such)

Btw, I'm a guy who's actually against the leak(Mainly because none of my current hoped three are on the character list). I just want to know if there's a possibility that the "real" leak was only the first one, and the second one is due to an impostor and such.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wait, that's a username? I thought it was a simple name, something that anyone could use and write down for their purposes, not something like an IP.
(I've never done a post in 4chan, so maybe I'm being completely dumb here, but that's how it worked on 2ch. You can use the same username as one someone else had already used, because there was no such thing as accounts. They kept track of everything by IPs and such)

Btw, I'm a guy who's actually against the leak(Mainly because none of my current hoped three are on the character list). I just want to know if there's a possibility that the "real" leak was only the first one, and the second one is due to an impostor and such.
I know nothing about 4chan other than it's the least reliable source on the internet, no, IMDB and Wikipedia don't even compare. As for the username, I imagine it would be rare to find someone on 4chan that actually uses a username like us here on SmashBoards. (P.S: who are your three most wanted you mentioned?)

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
at first sight I thought "Ok, so the leak has been proven false", but at a more accurate analysis it's the same situation of G&W's stage. So, the stage showed today doesn't prove the falsity of the leak more (or in a more intense way) than Gamer did.
Indeed, with this the theory "the leaker knows the stages but not their names" gains more credibility, and so paradoxically the possibilities the leaker actually knew the stage from Game&Wario increase.

The presence of two stages from those 2 games was easy to guess, though

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I know nothing about 4chan other than it's the least reliable source on the internet, no, IMDB and Wikipedia don't even compare. As for the username, I imagine it would be rare to find someone on 4chan that actually uses a username like us here on SmashBoards. (P.S: who are your three most wanted you mentioned?)
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.
As for that possibility of the leaker not knowing the stage names, I find it unlikely. How the hell does he know so much information about the Tower of Smash and stuff when he dosen't even know the names of the stages?
Which is why I think if there is any possibility of this leak becoming true, it's because the two leaks are completely unrelated and the latter is someone making up a stage list for the lulz.

(My personal wanted three as of now are Lip(Panel de Pon) for non-clone puzzle representation and Japan-only status, Issac for representing a great franchise that still not dosen't have a PC for some reason, and Ray(Custom Robo) because I simply loved the series. I did get my former num1 Robin, so I'm not complaining if none of them make it, but I personally don't feel like believing in a leak that dosen't have any of them, rather than one that does have them. That's all, I don't mind if this does become true.)

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman

Those are IDs named "tripcode". To make it simple, when posting on 4chan (and various other imageboards), you can add in your Name field a # (or ##) followed by a password that will generate an ID based on what you wrote. Normal tripcodes are shown in posts by a !, while secure tripcodes like the guy is using are shown by a !!. Think of it as a pseudo-account system.
Both posts share the same tripcode. So those are without a doubt the same person.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Those are IDs named "tripcode". To make it simple, when posting on 4chan (and various other imageboards), you can add in your Name field a # (or ##) followed by a password that will generate an ID based on what you wrote. Normal tripcodes are shown in posts by a !, while secure tripcodes like the guy is using are shown by a !!. Think of it as a pseudo-account system.
Both posts share the same tripcode. So those are without a doubt the same person.
Ah...I see. Thanks for the info.
In that case, I consider this leak to be dead. Either way, it was without pics either(like the last one), so I considered a bit faulty anyway, like that connectivity part. There is always the possibility that it's actually true with false info scrambled in (What I would do if I had leaked info, so I could screw with everybody's mind) but I find it unlikely.
Oh well.

P.S. Should anybody be on the lookout if the leaker makes another post on 4chan for "explanations"? Like Gematsu did for his final e-mail, and how the Vanroose leaker revealed those videos because so many people considered it to be false.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, this isn't looking good for this. Too bad, as it was full of good ideas, either being the Tower or the stages (and a lot of them: Endless Ocean, NintendoLand, Forest Haven, Bowser's Castle, Tourian, Underworld, ect).

A really well thought out fake.

Somehow, in my heart, I still want it to be true.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, this isn't looking good for this. Too bad, as it was full of good ideas, either being the Tower or the stages (and a lot of them: Endless Ocean, NintendoLand, Forest Haven, Bowser's Castle, Tourian, Underworld, ect).

A really well thought out fake.

Somehow, in my heart, I still want it to be true.
It's a shame to see this go, and I am willing to be the one who brings this tower of lies down. @---, with the information we have established so far, would you say that this is indeed the final piece of evidence that destroys this leak's last shred of credibility?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, pls. This doesn't disprove the leak. We've already seen he doesn't know the name of all the stages. Besides, didn't this stage already get revealed? Its not like Star Fox is a super popular series played by so many now a days. He might have just saw the Great Fox, and just called it that. Some other stages have more specific names, so if he gets them wrong, then the leak is false. The stage is really just an updated Great Fox, so he really isn't wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom