• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Starcraft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft, DotA. (Go Bliz!)

Yaya

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Counter Strike used to have a large tourney scene.

Let us all celebreate the return of Hitman Avvy Mic!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What?!?! No one mention Pokemon. D:

But usally most good title Racing, Sport, and Fighting games have tournaments. There needs to be a Panel De Pon DS/Planet Puzzle League tournament. >:(

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mario Kart actually has a pretty decent competitive following. Not near as large as Smash, though.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
What?!?! No one mention Pokemon. D:

But usally most good title Racing, Sport, and Fighting games have tournaments. There needs to be a Panel De Pon DS/Planet Puzzle League tournament. >:(
Pokemon has a big online community but pretty much nothing as far as irl tournaments go.

I hesitate to recommend Pokemon competitively if you're looking for a new game to get into though. I mean it is a fun and fairly deep game to play, but it has a high turnover rate (almost none of the good players 3 years ago still play) and gets stale kind of fast.

This is coming from a high level player, not some random scrub ;) But the community's great, if you know where to look.
Mario Kart actually has a pretty decent competitive following. Not near as large as Smash, though.
Yeah MK's pretty good, I used to play it too. I haven't followed up on the community for a while but I'm pretty sure the older MK games are the way to go (specifically DS or pretty much anything not MK Wii)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't know how large the following is but my friend recently won $500 at a COD4 tourney.

Top Bottom