• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament(LOBSTER 3) VIDS - MAINE

RATED

Smash Lord
buuman - I watched the one against kirby , u have excellent follow ups after the down throw , but u can't use waddle dees that much against kirby that just asking to be grabbed or Fsmash. use ur inhales when u are in the ground and he tries to grab u. 2 waddles are never good in the field limit to use 1 to have free movement and they won't obstruct u. in this matchup one of my favorites use ur Ftilt , Dtilt when he spotdodge or enters to the stage if u can't do Uptilt, use more bair to edgeguard and less to midstage use only when he do his bair. ur Fair is great in this matchup to edgeguard, when he use his down B (the rock) don't try to grab or attack bcuz when he use down b that's a free inhale for u. inhales are a great thing in this matchup I know this matchup my crew mate is a Kirby mainer. but after all good ddd. and congrats for the placing

Noraa

Smash Lord
i only watched the first kirby video but you should have utilted more through out the match, kirby should be able to hit the 200 mark against DDD

Buuman

Smash Ace
Yeah up tilt is pretty gnarly, although I normally like saving it for the kill it's pretty predictable when an 'experienced player' is above DDD. I've been using dedede since the day came out and I am pretty confident in my style, and both OBM and Dazwa are easily some of the best players in the North East , but I do appreciate the concern and critique :)

RATED

Smash Lord
You any good noraa? Cause uptilt is predictable. I use moves when I know they'll hit, I don't spam them in an attempt to get them off lol. I didn't put these vids on to be critiqued, cause whatever you say I should change, I'm prolly not going to listen to you. I've been using dedede since the day came out, and am pretty confident in my style, but I do appreciate the concern :)
yep the uptit could get predictable , u needed more inhales and more ftilts against kirby but I learned about ur follow ups after dthrow I added it to my game LOLXD

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I saw a tad too much Jet hammering in the last game vs. OBM. Other than that, you have a nice DeDeDe, bro. ^_K

Buuman

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah...I'll admit I was using the Jet hammer a bit much against OBM near the end, I was mostly using it for experimentation to see how he would react cause he has a way of figuring out patterns really quick. Also when using the jet hammer, if u space it just right, it's hard to punish due to the shield stun, but yeah I used it pretty ignorantly near the end, and I did get punished...but hey, I had to see how effective the jet hammer can be in high tournament level play, I mean someone has to try Jet hammering aside from friendlies lol.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Im ok, but i think a smart utilt would have been better than the useless jethammers.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Im ok, but i think a smart utilt would have been better than the useless jethammers.
Read above. I did it for experimentation. Not sure if you know, but getting up tilts off on smart players isn't too common, considering it's one of d3s best kill moves. These guys weren't random smashers, they expect the kill moves, sometimes u have to mix stuff up, even if it's a bad move. 3 options 1 being the jet hammer, and the others being predictable kill moves, are better than 2 common and effective options if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom