• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Cancelled - Too much carelessness and not enough reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
RESULTS:

DreadCthulhu vs. PK-L0rd

WINNER: DreadCthulhu

2-0

(really really good matches)

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I officially make no sense.

After getting a train run on me with my virgin controller against DTK, I run trains on my next two opponents? I make no sense. :rolleyes:

Win over Ray Robo 2 to goose. GGs.

:luigi:>:diddy: on Lylat
:luigi:>:marth: on Norfair

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo

After getting a train run on me with my virgin controller against DTK, I run trains on my next two opponents? I make no sense. :rolleyes:

Yeah....thats the last time i do instantly a tourney match without even touching my controller for 2days:p
I felt if i had warmed up it could've been 1-2 or atleast i could've done better. GGs and diddy....is.....HARD!!!Oh well I'll stick with marfa for now that is.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Yeah....thats the last time i do instantly a tourney match without even touching my controller for 2days:p
I felt if i had warmed up it could've been 1-2 or atleast i could've done better. GGs and diddy....is.....HARD!!!Oh well I'll stick with marfa for now that is.
I haven't touched mine since ever. I got my controller in the mail 9 hours ago (as I type this). So...I can haz johnz? :p

It's okay though, since we have the same birthday (Watergate ftw :chuckle:).

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Standings are updated! Also, if there's any errors in the standing placements, feel free to let me know. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. Nobody's perfect. But I think I've got everything under control, but just make sure that they're posted correctly.
uh when is this due?
When should I make it due? No due date yet... But I guess I oughta add one. Anything we can come to a common agreement upon?
just tell me why youre confused and ill answer you ;)
The results. Wasn't sure if there were any or not. xD

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904

Wasn't I the first dood you played after getting that controller? Maybe because the matches we had must of warmed it up for you possibly.

Aibou

Smash Master

It's not you, it's your opponents. DTK is just a freakin beast :o

(eyes)

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
So when are the next brackets going to go up... are we seriously going to have to wait for everyone to finish their set first...?

One of two things need to happen soon (with respect of course :) )
1. PMs need to be sent out to people that haven't played yet to ensure that they at least know that they have a match to play
2. A deadline has to be set and either a coin flip, loss, or tie must be given to the people in the match (unless one person tried to initiate the match and can prove it)

What do you think?

PK-L0rd

Smash Cadet
So when are the next brackets going to go up... are we seriously going to have to wait for everyone to finish their set first...?

One of two things need to happen soon (with respect of course :) )
1. PMs need to be sent out to people that haven't played yet to ensure that they at least know that they have a match to play
2. A deadline has to be set and either a coin flip, loss, or tie must be given to the people in the match (unless one person tried to initiate the match and can prove it)

What do you think?
i think its a good idea because one time i entered a tourney a dude that was very popular on those forums was going t fight with me ,i snde him a lot of pm and never answered or bttled me and the dude that made the tourney put on the chart that i loose and he won
wtf! we never battled and just because he isa a good player on those forums he won against me on nothin

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Wasn't I the first dood you played after getting that controller? Maybe because the matches we had must of warmed it up for you possibly.
If I break a controller in after 15 minutes of play, oooh lawd.

It's not you, it's your opponents. DTK is just a freakin beast :o
Considering the above statement and a "LAWL WATS A THIRD RND" play by me, gonna say no to this.

Full disclosure: DTK has improved his play though.

Mmhm ok Aibou.

*points to avatar*

Modesty win.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
When should the deadline be? :/

I contacted my opponent, too. Nothing back yet...
Usually a week from the start of each round, sometimes less (fewer people), rarely more. But seeing how people havnt been given notice and very few people have played so far, I think you should probably give them until next friday at midnight. You NEED to PM people about it though.

If after the deadline, results of a specific match aren't posted:
1. Give it to the person who replied saying that they attempted to contact the other person (at least they are still actively in the tourney) (youre PM needs to include this information: "If you do not reply to this message and your match does not happen you will be given a loss")
2. If both people reply saying that they are trying to play, but the match ends up not happening... coin flip :(
3. If both people fail to reply then that bracket is deleted and bother players are DQed :(

Its your tourney so only take only as advice, but I think it makes sense

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Usually a week from the start of each round, sometimes less (fewer people), rarely more. But seeing how people havnt been given notice and very few people have played so far, I think you should probably give them until next friday at midnight. You NEED to PM people about it though.

If after the deadline, results of a specific match aren't posted:
1. Give it to the person who replied saying that they attempted to contact the other person (at least they are still actively in the tourney) (youre PM needs to include this information: "If you do not reply to this message and your match does not happen you will be given a loss")
2. If both people reply saying that they are trying to play, but the match ends up not happening... coin flip :(
3. If both people fail to reply then that bracket is deleted and bother players are DQed :(

Its your tourney so only take only as advice, but I think it makes sense

Shhhhhh

giving an extra week to complete matches is absurd :laugh:

Just give the wins to the people who have been responding though I think MSF can handle all this Dread. =3

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Shhhhhh

giving an extra week to complete matches is absurd :laugh:

Just give the wins to the people who have been responding though I think MSF can handle all this Dread. =3
He asked, i answered... and i said a week because there are only like 2 matches that have been completed and posted...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Deadline should be sunday =P

Though that's imo.

Only 2 matches have been completed however most matches have been asked for via pm/vm. It's the waiting for the response is what we are waiting for.

Plus it's the responsibility of the people who signed up to remember to go look @ the thread and their wall and inbox.

Aibou

Smash Master
Still no answer from Muffin...

*whistles and walks around aimlessly*

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
why doesn't he ever tell me when he is ready!! argh! mad face!!

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
very soon since you have had them up for a while.

Sooner rather then Later.
Its going to end up being AT LEAST friday... there are 2 things you need to consider

the MINIMUM number of people you would feel comfortable continuing the tournament with... unless you think its time for a finals match (which im cool with, i won XD )

a feasible time limit for which you think an appropriate number of people will finish their preliminary matches, but will not linger on unnecessarily.

Seeing how there have only been 2 completed matches since they've begun, I think the minimum deadline to be Friday, and maximum to be the weekend after that...

(send another PM to people if you need to)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tuesday is good MSF.

Dread, he can let the people who have actually been paying attention to this tournament.

First round has been going on for quite some time now. Time to start Round 2 however don't take just my word :laugh: Go with others say this is just my thoughts.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Tuesday is good MSF.

Dread, he can let the people who have actually been paying attention to this tournament.

First round has been going on for quite some time now. Time to start Round 2 however don't take just my word :laugh: Go with others say this is just my thoughts.
listen, i agree with what you are saying (tournaments really shouldnt take more than a couple days), but in this particular instance, its simply not practical.

MSF: are people who did not play in the first round going to be eliminated or are you going to use them as byes or are they still completely in it, just taking a loss for the first round? (my vote is for either using them as byes or eliminating them, which i why i think we should get as many matches in before we go to round 2)

EDIT: btw J, did you do your match yet? its not posted

Aibou

Smash Master
I agree with J. This has been going on for a while, and if it doesn't end soon it's not going to.

I vmed mcmuffinman and didn't receive a response until Saturday when he said he'd ne on for two hours and when I responded he didn't answer back. I did my part.

Those who haven't made an effort to do their match by now shouldn't be in the tournament

imo... :o

Aibou

Smash Master
But the point is people aren't getting their matches done. We can't just leave it as is or this tournament will not progress.

I suggest disqualifications of those who you feel have not made an attempt to get their match done, or those you feel just don't care about this, MSF.

Of course, you could send out reminders, but I don't think it would be very effective...

Sigh...how troublesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom