• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhoumon general discussion. Touhoumon 1.8x Let's Play by Rubyiris in progress!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hella gravedigging to plug my own project that will be finished sometime in the next few weeks.

it's an aqua/yui version edit (i'll come up with some title later)

some neat things about this version of touhoumon i've been working on:

1: keeps old FR/LG mechanics completely beyond the unique touhou theme attacks (i wanted it to be an ADV game and I didn't want to try balancing a game based on a new type chart)
2: touhoumon are scaled in power based on the stage they're found in in the actual touhou games. First and second-stage characters are easier to catch, evolve faster, and are only available early-on in the game, while later-stage characters are much more difficult to catch etc.
3: made a bit more challenging
4: level-up moves are also scaled so that later stage bosses have better moves, but weaker characters learn moves faster to stay useful in the early and mid-game
5: all EX, Advent, Fantasy, and LW forms have access to unique moves via move relearner, and tinymushrooms and elemental stones are buyable from Viridian City onward

i figure i'll post the IPS when i'm finished so anybody who wants it can have fun with it

Top Bottom