• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhoumon general discussion. Touhoumon 1.8x Let's Play by Rubyiris in progress!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Is there a reason to keep CPatchouli as she is (I'm gonna use a moon stone on her at some point)?

As in, does she learn any good moves she otherwise wouldn't have access to?

I should probably keep my team at 4 touhous, but I see stuff and like it and catch it and now I'm probably underlevelled :<

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is the first time in like a decade that I'm actually trying to fill a dex entries, so my party has been changing a lot since I've got a lot of guys in my PC thing.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i like that CSatori is the Magikarp. That's funny.

Also, honestly, I don't know whether I'm just impatient or not, but I restarted 1.8 on a firered instead of emerald simply because of the vs. seeker so I could train up things faster. normal grinding problems are just 10 times worse in the Emerald version.

also, i'm lucky.

Timid CAlice (meh)
Timid CLuna
Sassy CStar
Hasty CSunny
Rash CKoakuma

edit: and luna's picked up 2 rare candies and a pp up in the last 10 minutes

edit2: TWO pp ups woooooooooow

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Rash Sunny (only one reset)
Timid Marisa (lolwut, this doesn't match her character)
Rash CPatch (first catch, whee)
Modest Star S (first catch, idk if this poke is any good, i just wanted a water type)

all around lv20, plus a lv7 ghost to sponge hits while i restore everyone's health lol

having only special attackers is probably going to hurt in the future...im planning on getting remilia because she seems like she can handle all the physical stuff herself

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is Star Sapphire good? I'm not a big fan of defensive Pokemon, but I've got a Bold one that's ready to evolve to EX. I've got like 5 Bride Study TMs, so I guess recovery isn't a problem.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
She takes hits very well and Water Gun does enough to 3HKO most things (with Modest, bleck), but I'm unsure as to how good she actually is..also, Bubble's speed lowering effect has saved my *** a lot lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've got a Cirno in the making, so I guess I don't really need a Water-type. Though Cirno is really frail.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i've noticed both CCirno and evolved Cirnos dying to most neutral non-stab moves and the damage she does to me (unresisted) isn't nearly as high as I would like, so im not sold on using her at all

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
LWCirno is broken as ****, unless you're playing 1.8, then she kinda sucks.

I'm using Komachi as my 1.8 water type.

I'm considering filling my dex as well.

*Edit*

finished E4 r1 with a fairly underleveled team.

Lv 64 EIku (only used once against Rivals LAya lead. Static paralyzed her, and Tbolt put her in the red.)
Lv 72 Ho-oh (Strictly used as a Z-killer. Z dolls have ~40 more BST than Ho-oh, but Hells Tokamak is broken. It's like fire blast with an almost 100% burn rate.)
Lv 66 Yumeko (Used vs Loreli's lead LCirno, and vs Agetha's lead DLRumia)
Lv 70 Isami (Only used vs FMeiling, and the oposing Kasen.)
Lv 71 AYuyuko (She's super slow, and not nearly as bulky as I'd like, but served her purpose by taking out a few mons.)
Lv 71 Kasen (Pretty much single-handedly eliminated the entire E4+Champion. She's Garchomp with boobs.)

From this, I will likely box Iku, Isami, and Yuyuko. Isami's role could likely be better handled with an LSanae. Yuyuko can probably be replaced with Layla, but I'm not sure about Iku. I'm considering something with status.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Aren't Shiny Alphicans like 50% chance? Or is that just World Link?

Never used Kasen. I'll have to try her sometime xD.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have two shiny Alphichans, so the rarity must be different somehow...also, the remilia who appeared at the very, very beginning was shiny; is this normal?

team so far...just beat nugget bridge, i have like 8 rare candies

Timid lv37 EMarisa (if i knew it got speed boost i would have reset for modest or something)
Mild lv38 CPatchouli (why did it offer to teach earthquake at lv32 with such terrible atk...elements etc sure but that's just an unfair tease)
Modest lv36 Star S (its stats are subpar, it hasn't learnt anything to replace POUND, why is it still so good...speed drops + recovery, i guess?)
Adamant lv38 CMomiji (newly caught, saw it was Adamant with atk like patch spa, it even tears through fully evolved mons without much trouble...pity bout the mono Normal typing)
Rash lv37 Sunnymilk (only here because it has the best moveset of all my Pokes not named CPatchouli...will-o-wisp and swagger have saved me far too many times)
Quirky lv23 Alphichan* (get out of jail free card vs stupid powerful enemies)

the opponents are starting to feel a tad overlevelled...maybe i should do some vs seeker grinding

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The shiny CRemilia is programmed to be shiny automatically. It is also uncatchable iIrc.

Hot⌠Pocket

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sorry. :c.

Speaking of shinies in Touhoumon; I've only had two.

Shiny CNazrin
Shiny CRumia

One was randomly found, the other was from lucky egg hunting (found a shiny before I found a lucky egg. Spent nearly an hour trying to find a lucky egg before finding the shiny, too, and that was at like 1000% speed lol.)

Hot⌠Pocket

asianaussie

Smash Hero
misty was surprisingly easy

until i found out suwako is ground type, and it put a stop to my x special + thundershock (lol) sweep

sunnymilk came in and energy light'd her to death, thankfully

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
man, the fairies are actually reasonably good. They all learn their last moves at lv. 50, they all get Nasty Plot, they all have Nature STAB in addition to their main type and get Air Slash as a coverage move, and they can all fit different roles because of their abilities and bulk.

Star = water/grass Slowking
Sunny = fire/grass Houndoom
Luna = elec/grass Jolteon that learns NP

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You and your stupid 1.8

Also, holy ****, EX Rumia gains 90 base attack upon evolving

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
But she doesn't have physical dark moves. :p

My sunnymilk single-handedly took out every gym leader in kanto. It was especially hilarious sweeping Blaine with fire absorb

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Thinking of replacing my Luna Child with Kanako, because Electric / Grass is pretty cool

Also, what the **** level 50 CMedicine

EDIT: Almost got swept by a wild CRika while trying to capture it because I couldn't figure out its typing, lol. Man, her level up moves are amazing, too bad her base stats are ****

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Grinding for Gensokyo E4.

Team:

Lv 90 Sassy Tensoku
*Surf
*Fire Blast
*Steel Fist
*Ice Beam

Lv 96 Bashful Ho-oh
*Recover
*Aeroblast
*Hells Tokamak
*Blazing Star

Lv 74 Serious Layla
*Psikokinesis
*Ice Beam
*Shadow Ball
*Memento

Lv 83 Naughty Kasen
*Earthquake
*Brick Break
*Recover
*Bulk Up

Last two spaces I haven't decided on what I should use. Vote for two of the following:

LW Suika
LW Reimu
DL Hina
EX Shou
Yuugenma
Toyohime
Angel Vivit

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Wait... what game is that? Another World or World Link?

What is the Gensokyo E4 like?

Angel Vivit and LW Suika imo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Another world.

Gensokyo e4 is pure lv100, mostly l and z puppets.

The problem I have with angel vivit is already having ho-oh
Which is a 950bst fire/flying.

:phone:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Oh jesus.

So, in 1.8, in addition to Ichirin being awesome as ****, it took the dex slot of Chansey. Meaning it can have Lucky Punch as an equip item.

...****.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
im about to face Sabrina, and EStarS is still on my team, with LMarisa (lol Master Spark), LMomiji (<3 STAB Extremespeed), FPatchouli and Genji (HM Slave)

water is just that brilliant an attacking type, i guess...also, not terrible defences seem to help

can anyone suggest another water type...?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I haven't really found many Water-types outside of Star Sapphire, Cirno (hasn't learned a Water move yet), and Kisume.

I caught a Jolly AND an Adamant Utsuho. Finally found a Naughty one after those two, that took forever.

Anyway, completely swept Lt. Surge with an EX Yamane and my EX Chen, though dropping them for EX Reimu and EX Remilia for Erika.

Also, HOLY ****ING *** **** ****, ZTenshi. Accidentally went back to Gensokyo (?) after beating Surge, jesus that chick was tough. ****ing 990 BST.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Isami learns Surf via Level Up.

LSanae, and LSuwako are also great water types. Suwako is a ground/water kyogre. Sanae is grass/water.

Isami is weird in that she's a physical water type. great stats though. 90/115/90/80/110/100 she's bought at the game corner for 7,777.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I finally found a Suwako after a while, training it up for someone who I assume will be Koga. Also got myself an AReisen. Doesn't hit as hard as Patchouli, but she actually has a speed stat, which is nice. I don't think I can get a Sanae, though.

Not sure about Isami, can't afford the coins since I just bought like 4 Sun Stones and a Last Word thing. I have no idea what to do with the Last Tag, looks like it just summons a Wild Pokmon. There's a lot more documentation on World Link than Another World.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It summons a last word. I'd put it in the item box until you know what you're doing, though. Finding one last word = the item wasted.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Gonna hop in and say that SwimSuit Okuu is one of the best things out there. Fire/Water, Flame Body, can SunnyBeam if you're into that type of thing, same spatk as regular EUtsuho? Can surf on a nuclear bird? Yes please.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Guess I'll give Suwako a go.

I found out last night my CSakuya, which stayed in daycare for god knows how long, is now level 32...perhaps I'll train it up, Ice/Steel seems like a useful typing, and it's Mild to boot.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LYuugi or LSuika? I like Suika's typing more, but Yuugi looks cooler and has more Attack, so I dunno.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I picked LSuika cuz Suika.

No room on my team anymore, unless I remove the HM slave (lol Genji). Fare thee well, EStarS, you served me so well it was a little confusing. Suwako is level 47, when does it evolve, and does it learn any shiny signature moves?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i think you need to use a water stone on it actually...

p.s. ssutsuho's base 85 speed is fast enough, tyvm

Top Bottom