• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Touhou Hisoutensoku Thread

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't worry, we almost exclusively communicate through text between matches.
Or at least, we do when I'm around. Not sure if they hold webcam parties when I'm not in there or something. X3

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
me/ryker/moth actually talk on mic when we play. And just post your skype name and I'll add you to the group, ensane.

Oh boy, Patchouli.

ensane

Smash Apprentice
Don't think so. Also, do I need to get lobby from a 3rd party? Site says the dl link is removed.

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
derp

after about a month of not doing anything I've started playing online and am now looking for more people to play, especially this weekend when I can just grind games

someone add me to the skype group (vdraconis)?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
*sees ensane once in lobby and Skype before the weekend*
*didn't see him the entire rest of the weekend*

It was nice getting to finally play Moth and crescentia, though. ^_^

ensane

Smash Apprentice
I was doing Guard drill last weekend. Just now starting to be able to walk normally.

Also it's been a solid 3 months and no Illusionary Dominance. I think I'm being trolled somehow.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have 110 of them. XD
Are you actually playing as Aya or are you just playing against her?

I kind of forgot how the whole card-getting thing works, but I'm pretty sure you have to be playing as her.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Well then, the solution is obvious, no?
Just main Aya. :awesome:

:phone:

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
iirc use of certain cards at least helps in unlocking others; try making decks that use all of aya's skills/spells

Dango

Smash Rookie
me/ryker/moth actually talk on mic when we play. And just post your skype name and I'll add you to the group, ensane.

Oh boy, Patchouli.
Add me if you want
Skype name: DangoBFC

Quick warning though, i'm not your average player. It'll take some work to get a win from me if you're not at an advanced level, but i can also give tips whenever you want/need it~ I main suwako cirno and sanae, and submain the entire cast except utsuho :V

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

No one expects Illusionary Dominance!!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
[yt]AtQv-CDHYrM[/yt]

I know how I should be dealing with it, and I feel so dumb because it keeps working.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You won, whats the big deal? Fireballs one of those moves you gotta just gotta remember the timing to graze and then its mindgames on what comes next.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

You won, whats the big deal? Fireballs one of those moves you gotta just gotta remember the timing to graze and then its mindgames on what comes next.
This isn't Ike v. Olimar. There is shame in losing/almost losing to a single move.

I can glomp her for a few seconds to outlast the fireballs before j.5A or whatever, I can throw out 6C (the nado) to eat them, or I can use a graze move like 66C, def. 214, or 3-card DD (which I never carry).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object.

This isn't Ike v. Olimar. There is shame in losing/almost losing to a single move.

I can glomp her for a few seconds to outlast the fireballs before j.5A or whatever, I can throw out 6C (the nado) to eat them, or I can use a graze move like 66C, def. 214, or 3-card DD (which I never carry).
side b > pivot grab

Same thing

thinking Komachi vs Patchouli

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
66C on reaction, 2B for oki, illusionary dominance when they jump back to the corner.

That's basically how I play Aya.
Spoiler : it doesn't work.

Ussi we should play again at apex 2013 :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
thinking Komachi vs Patchouli
That MU is hilarious.

If you want to beat Patchy, you have GOT to understand how her fireballs work. There are some points where you literally CANNOT challenge them. To try will either lead to you grazing into a book or grazing into more fireballs.

How 5C works:

This is basics and players better than I should double check it, but here's the textbook answer.

5C always has notable lag if you don't cancel it, so the way to deal with it is to punish that lag by knowing when she can't cancel it or can't use it without having to deal with the lag.

On the ground

You can cancel 5C with a special or with a jump. Or you can stand there if you're far enough away, but you almost always have a fast enough special that it lowers your total lag or you can jump if that option isn't threatened.

Depending on where you are, Patchy wants one of a few things.

If you are max range, the Patchy is bad and should be using 6C if she wants bullet pressure. Bad Patchy will almost always jump cancel into another 5C or maybe a 6C. Just dash or graze in and punch her in her stupid hat for running out of orbs. You shouldn't be having a problem with this.

If you are at mid range, Patchy is using grounded 5C as opposed to 6C as a safety net in case you jump. Her cancel will be used in an attempt to stuff whatever she thinks you want to do. If she thinks you're going to jump in at a diagonal angle, she will either jump cancel into a 5A if she can offensively punish you grazing the 5C or pick a more defensive option. If you're going to come in too fast for her to jump cancel, she may use Static Green (reversal alt 623 could also be reversal alt 214 who's name I forget) or simply block. If she has more time, those options are still open to react or she could jump back and 6A, 6C, or 5C depending on the spacing. The correct answer there is to graze the bullets or travel over/wait out the melee and punish accordingly. If you decide to stay put or cannot cover the range in time, she will either jump cancel offensively and continue bullet pressure or throw a meaty melee in an attempt to get in OR she can throw out a meaty projectile like Dew Spear (default 214) or a 22 variant. You probably had no business being there.

At close range, it's probably a block string and you should punch her in the face because there is no safe option to follow it. You may have to wait for a Static Green or Wipe Moisture before grazing in, but you should be hitting her unless you get crushed.

In air is more important and will come next, but I'm going on lunch break. At least there's always something to rant about on slow days at work.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
66C on reaction, 2B for oki, illusionary dominance when they jump back to the corner.

That's basically how I play Aya.
Spoiler : it doesn't work.

Ussi we should play again at apex 2013 :)
my laptop screen is cracked so.. I can bring my flashdrive with hisoutensoku on it, but i can't bring a laptop to play on.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

If they somehow keep "weather" in this game. This game will be full of crap. Please don't add any more stupid mechanics.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ Popularity of a Touhou character is always random, or as random as I can think. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

☯ Based on the prologue, Byakuren and Miko have a high, (if not guarantee), chance of being playable in the new fighter. I'm curious if Kasen have a roll in the story to.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You're like... the fourth person I've heard that wants Mokou in the next fighter.
Why is she so popular?
Would it not make sense to have both Mokou and Kaguya in a fighting game when they have fighting each other for centuries?

That and Mokou has always been my favorite Touhou character. :/

So a timer has been added to the new game, can I hope that this is a sign that the game is being taken in a better direction?
No more weather like gimmicks please.

Top Bottom