• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toughest Match-Up

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Cause he was condescendingly asserting his correctness despite not providing any kind of proof to back up that statement. Sorta like what you're doing.
Nah, he is right and your sense of what is condescending and what isn't is off, clearly. Also, I do have proof, considering that I helped found what competitive Link is today, so there's my proof.

I simply pointed out that Deva statement is wrong, and explained why. Now, if I pulled an Aurashade or ArkiveZero and responded to Deva by saying "LMAO, I'm not even a Link spammer and even I know this is wrong!" then yes, I deserve to shut up. Fortunately for me, that's the boat you and Arkive are in, not me.
well **** that **** man I'm not on a boat-I'm on a ****ing battleship, don't ever, EVER compare me to another user here, EVER. I'm my own person, and I know what is and isn't-something you need to work on.

Nonetheless I provided my rationale for believing that Link cannot out-spam a spamming Falco or Wolf. I eagerly await your brilliant reply.
But he can, stop saying link will do this or that like you know yourself. The whole part of this game is being unpredictable, which you really don't seem to understand. You think this game is black and white, which it's not.

I eagerly await your ****ty reply.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, if Wolf's attack is like Fox's or Falco's, than you can use a well placed tether recovery and grab the edge at any percentage, so... in a very high skilled match, one of Wolf's advantages might be gone.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
It's mainly Wolf's reflector. if not for that Link's projectiles would get in that ***.

But Link has the shield so if used right, his laser couldn't be that effective.

I'd say it's 50/50. Just depends on the player.

Deva

Smash Lord
No, you cannot out-spam Wolf. His blaster has at least as high rate a fire as a Link firing uncharged arrows - however, the thing with uncharged arrows is that they have a SHORT-range versus the medium range of Wolf's blaster. You can match his rate of fire (with uncharged arrows) or out-range him (with a charged arrow) but never both at the same time.

The boomerang has a lower rate of fire (because it has to return to Link), plus it doesn't cancel out Wolf's blaster fire - at best, you're looking at a mutual exchange here, where both Link and Wolf getting hit. The bomb, is both slow and has a terrible rate of fire versus Wolf's blaster.

Furthermore, Wolf has a reflector, enabling him to reflect any projectiles that get through his blaster fire. Reflector > Link's shield.

Against a good Wolf spammer, it's impossible to win against their spam game.
Who are you again? do you know any advanced techs with Link? Have you even played any good Wolves? >_>

There's this little thing most Link's know about called arrow canceling. Instant arrow shot to the face. Much faster than Wolf's blaster.

When the match starts, pull a bomb. As you get closer, you have a lot of options that can out spam wolf. Either throw the bomb into an arrow cancel, or just arrow cancel, or shield a laser into a bomb throw. Wolf doesn't have a laser cancel, so he won't be getting out his reflector anytinme soon. At medium distances you can also space with the clawshot against his reflector too which is like a semi projectlesince it doesn't get reflected.

If worst comes to worst, just stand there and have Wolf approach you. Your shiled blocks all the lasers. When he approaches, zair *****, though since you don't have any knowedge of advanced techs with Link, how would you know. Only Reason Wolf has an advantage is becasue his smashes and tiltss are so broken. He can out space Link much easier than Link can with Wolf, only because it's easier to land a smash than a spaced clawshot.

Seriously, if you don't like getting flammed, you need to learn one thing. Go to some good tournaments, and beat some good players. That is the logic of Smash. It doesn't matter how well you can explain a point. In this community, unless you can prove that you yourself are a good player, your word holds no weight.

I've beaten Vista's Wolf in tournament, considered one of the better Wolves out there right now. That's my proof that Link can outspam wolf.

What have you done?

And no, you rrandom local tourneys don't count.

Dieci

Smash Rookie
Speaking of ****ty replies, I think the pot is calling black :laugh:

But he can, stop saying link will do this or that like you know yourself. The whole part of this game is being unpredictable, which you really don't seem to understand.

I eagerly await your ****ty reply.
Wait, I must've missed something - how does unpredictability increase the range of Link's uncharged arrows, or decrease the time it takes to charge an arrow, or decrease the lag of Link pulling out his bomb, or increase the speed of a bomb in mid-flight, or permit his boomerang to cancel out Wolf's blaster fire, or somehow eliminate Wolf's ability to reflect Link's projectiles?

What is this unpredictability that you speak of? Does it change facts? Furthermore, is this unpredictability only limited to Link? Can Wolf not be unpredictable too? If both characters can be played unpredictably, how would any character comparison yield meaningful results?

You think this game is black and white, which it's not.
Where did I say that? Just because Wolf and Falco can disrupt Link's spam game doesn't mean Link is necessarily going to lose - it's merely a fact. If I say pound for pound Ganondorf's attacks do more damage than Link's, would that statement be under dispute too? Would Link then lose to Ganondorf? Finally, would "unpredictability" change the fact that Ganondorf is a heavier hitter than Link?

Deva

Smash Lord
You still haven't answered my question. Unless you prove yourself, your word holds no weight.

Dieci

Smash Rookie
Who are you again? do you know any advanced techs with Link? Have you even played any good Wolves? >_>
Pulling rank already?

There's this little thing most Link's know about called arrow canceling. Instant arrow shot to the face. Much faster than Wolf's blaster.
Arrow cancelling only shoots one arrow. Furthermore, the arrow has to be shot near ground level (thus making it's release predictable). What are you gonna do about a jumping, spamming Wolf/Falco?

When the match starts, pull a bomb. As you get closer, you have a lot of options that can out spam wolf. Either throw the bomb into an arrow cancel, or just arrow cancel, or shield a laser into a bomb throw. Wolf doesn't have a laser cancel, so he won't be getting out his reflector anytinme soon. At medium distances you can also space with the clawshot against his reflector too which is like a semi projectlesince it doesn't get reflected.
Works fine against a static Wolf. What about one jumping erratically about? You assume Link's projectile attacks would make it through and hit, or at the very least disrupt Wolf's attack. Not often the case.

Perhaps you're the one who's never played a good, spammy Wolf.

If worst comes to worst, just stand there and have Wolf approach you. Your shiled blocks all the lasers.
True. However, each laser blast pushes Link back. What happens when you get pushed over an edge (like in FD)?

Furthermore, by just standing there and having your shield block the lasers, you're giving Wolf a free approach. Why?

When he approaches, zair *****, though since you don't have any knowedge of advanced techs with Link, how would you know.
Zair is an advanced tech? Really Deva? I thought "advanced" for you would be something like Dash Attack Cancel. And that personal slight, was that really necessary? I haven't insulted you AFAIK.

Seriously, if you don't like getting flammed, you need to learn one thing. Go to some good tournaments, and beat some good players. That is the logic of Smash. It doesn't matter how well you can explain a point. In this community, unless you can prove that you yourself are a good player, your word holds no weight.
If Canada ever has a good tournament, I'll be there. As of now, no, I do not feel like globe-trotting just to prove myself in some forum. Thanks, but no thanks.

I've beaten Vista's Wolf in tournament, considered one of the better Wolves out there right now. That's my proof that Link can outspam wolf.
Congratulations on your victory. However, I do not accept that as proof, I'm sorry.

And no, you rrandom local tourneys don't count.
Please.

Deva

Smash Lord
Okay, thanks for clarifying for me that you are in fact an illiterate nub. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to get you to open your eyes. No one on this forum agrees with you, and they agree with me for a reason. You have no tournament experience. That is the logic of smash. Unless you do, no one will care what you think. Me beating a well known wolf player in Tournament holds far greater weight than any crap logic that you can pull. Come back when you do. I'm curious to see how your logic changes.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Hey Dieci, what part of Canada do you live in? Ontario? There are a few tournaments in some parts of Canada.

Anyways, I honestly wouldn't argue with Deva on the subject. I'm not being particularly biased or anything, but he actually has experience and he has proven to be a really good Link player.

Advanced techs aren't just moves you execute through button combinations. They can be tactics as well. Z-air isn't an obvious move to use. Using it in the right situations and spacing properly with it can take some practice and getting used to. It can be considered as an advanced technique or strategy. Dash Dancing in Melee wasn't very hard to do at all, but it was considered an advanced technique.

Wolf's blaster spam is annoying, but it only travels horizontally. Link's projectiles can still be useful. His projectiles are so much more versatile than Wolf's blaster. If all a Wolf will do is shine, it can be really predictable and punishable. Honestly though, I see Wolf being a lot more aggressive in this match up. You're putting too much emphasis on his blaster and shine.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Between Deva and Izaw, they provide the best information about Link, so... it is hard to argue versus Deva especially, but anyways the wolf blaster isn't that bad, I can get away with just chunking a bomb and arrow canceling... watch Izaw's video i guess.

Dieci

Smash Rookie
Okay, thanks for clarifying for me that you are in fact an illiterate nub. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to get you to open your eyes. No one on this forum agrees with you, and they agree with me for a reason.
Cause A) you seem to have a fan club and B) you start pulling rank when someone has a disagreement with you? Not saying that you don't deserve the worship on this Link forum - but reasons are reasons nonetheless.

BTW, how am I illiterate? Is that you just trying to be cool or do you not know what the word means?

Me beating a well known wolf player in Tournament holds far greater weight than any crap logic that you can pull.
Again, congratulations on your victory.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever beaten a famous Toon Link? Does that mean that Link has a better recovery than Toon Link too?

You have no tournament experience.
Ok, I get it. I need tournament experience in order to gain Level 99 l33t status and then my Link starts firing arrows at a faster rate, and I achieve my life goal of being in your good graces - which should be the goal of all Link players, to have Deva's and Aurashade's tattoo of approval.

Question, do you even need to place in such a tournament, or is participation enough?

Nonetheless, thank you for opening my eyes. I hope you guys aren't too offended, it was my illiterate status as a nub that made me unaware that I was stepping on your uber tails. My sincerest apologies.

Dieci

Smash Rookie
Hey Dieci, what part of Canada do you live in? Ontario? There are a few tournaments in some parts of Canada.
None that are good. I walked by a "tournament" at the Eaton Centre in Toronto and it was terrible. Never gave it a second glance. Honestly, I hope it wasn't a tournament...

I'm most familiar with the one they have at Waterloo university. My friend used to go to Waterloo, he was 4 stocking the best players in his free time, in Melee and Brawl - to the point nobody in the university wanted to play him anymore. Honest to god, he's probably the best player in Ontario, despite never being in a "major" tournament (or any at all).

He thinks tournaments are for geeks and fobby asians, what can you do?

Anyways, I honestly wouldn't argue with Deva on the subject. I'm not being particularly biased or anything, but he actually has experience and he has proven to be a really good Link player.
I'm aware of how good Deva is. The first Link Brawl video I ever watched was one of his battles with Marth, where he used Dair edge-guarding to good effect. Made me think why didn't I think of that.

Advanced techs aren't just moves you execute through button combinations. They can be tactics as well. Z-air isn't an obvious move to use. Using it in the right situations and spacing properly with it can take some practice and getting used to. It can be considered as an advanced technique or strategy. Dash Dancing in Melee wasn't very hard to do at all, but it was considered an advanced technique.
I'm aware of that. I was just annoyed at Deva playing his "I'm holier than thou" card, especially when he's played it 6 times previously. Pretty sure everyone got the point that tournament experience is required to do anything here.

Wolf's blaster spam is annoying, but it only travels horizontally. Link's projectiles can still be useful. His projectiles are so much more versatile than Wolf's blaster. If all a Wolf will do is shine, it can be really predictable and punishable. Honestly though, I see Wolf being a lot more aggressive in this match up. You're putting too much emphasis on his blaster and shine.
It's not just his blaster - it's his blaster + jump/short-hop. His blaster by itself isn't that big of a threat, it's when the Wolf player starts getting creative with it. Link can jump too, but Wolf is clearly the better jumper. And the point of the shine in the spamming context is at long-range - Wolf can't be punished by Link at long-range while his reflector is on, because projectiles are reflected back at Link. Link can approach...but we all know that's not his forte.

At first, I started out thinking Link can out-spam Wolf too - everyone did. But then I played the same Wolf repeatedly and when he finally got annoyed and started spamming too we noticed that the spamming game evened out really quick. Anyway, perhaps I am putting too much emphasis on some things.

At least I'm able to admit that I may be wrong.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
The reason the tournament argument comes up is because the level of competition and the understanding of the metagame is not appreciated until you play some ridiculously good players. And you aren't going to meet 10 really good players for 20 different characters until you go to a truly competitive tournament.

Like I was mentioning before in an earlier post, demonstrate via a video somehow your argument, Dieci. I used to love theorycrafting a lot, until I went to my first Melee tournament a while back and learned to understand how to be humiliated. As for Brawl, the same principle applies. Your ideas and theories, no matter how well thought out, can simply be wrong... but you won't be proven so until a really good _____ player kicks your *** against your Link. For example, I thought Link has Lucario's number. Then I played a Lucario who juggled me of the edge at 40% with his Air game to the point where I had no chance to recover. Subsequent stocks, I had to be very wary of being caught in the air. SUddenly, my approach and understanding of the match was a lot crazier, and I surely would not say Link has an advantage over Lucario.

So Deva isn't pulling rank. While neither of you are posting video evidence one way or another, Deva has shown to have a much deeper understanding of the game such that his argument is more believable than yours. I'm not even saying he's right; I don't know if he is or not.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Egh, you defending Wolf this much makes me think you should be in the WOLF forums. :p MAYBE we aren't some sort of fanbase, we just RESPECT some of the people in the LINK forum.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my runnin'
And I'm so far from my home

Oh, Mama, I can hear you a cryin'
You're so scared and all alone
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows
And I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me
A renegade who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
Nevermore to go astray, this will be the end today
I'm a wanted man

Can't get me no more, and guess what? You're wrong. I'm going to tell you how...

None that are good. I walked by a "tournament" at the Eaton Centre in Toronto and it was terrible. Never gave it a second glance. Honestly, I hope it wasn't a tournament...
Let me tell you that I don't care.

I'm most familiar with the one they have at Waterloo university. My friend used to go to Waterloo, he was 4 stocking the best players in his free time, in Melee and Brawl - to the point nobody in the university wanted to play him anymore. Honest to god, he's probably the best player in Ontario, despite never being in a "major" tournament (or any at all).
Waterloo sucked president nixon's **** who are you talking about?

He thinks tournaments are for geeks and fobby asians, what can you do?
Become a geeky Asian.

I'm aware of how good Deva is. The first Link Brawl video I ever watched was one of his battles with Marth, where he used Dair edge-guarding to good effect. Made me think why didn't I think of that.
I'm the best on these forums save deva and skler, the reason you didn't think of that was because you're too busy doing crack.

I'm aware of that. I was just annoyed at Deva playing his "I'm holier than thou" card, especially when he's played it 6 times previously. Pretty sure everyone got the point that tournament experience is required to do anything here.
Who cares?

It's not just his blaster - it's his blaster + jump/short-hop. His blaster by itself isn't that big of a threat, it's when the Wolf player starts getting creative with it. Link can jump too, but Wolf is clearly the better jumper. And the point of the shine in the spamming context is at long-range - Wolf can't be punished by Link at long-range while his reflector is on, because projectiles are reflected back at Link. Link can approach...but we all know that's not his forte.
We don't all know because we all don't care, stop the trolling-holy crap. I'm scared to post now because you're going to flame me.

At first, I started out thinking Link can out-spam Wolf too - everyone did. But then I played the same Wolf repeatedly and when he finally got annoyed and started spamming too we noticed that the spamming game evened out really quick. Anyway, perhaps I am putting too much emphasis on some things.
Stop pushing the keys on your keyboard. Link can kill no one, he's the worst character and I have vids to prove it oh my god.

At least I'm able to admit that I may be wrong.
Go delete all of your posts and then make one saying you did.

BTW everyone agrees with me here because I'm a legend and practically own this board. Find a soul who knows of my great deeds and doesn't think so and I'll give you something.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

There are some tournaments in Canada <_< Many in Ontario. Check out some of the Greater Toronto Area and Sauga threads and try to come out to some of the tournaments.

No offense, but I doubt your friend could be considered the best player in Ontario if he has that kind of views of the tournament scene. I think I've seen a Waterloo thread somewhere on the regional boards, and it didn't seem that active.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say Dieci put up a decent arguement trying to back up his theory on why wolf can out spam Link, although I disagree reasons why i disagree wolfs spam isn't as good as Link is Link projectiles are just plain faster stronger and lead to another **** obviously were as wolfs just shoots and is real laggy when the shot is done with can't do anyhting after, that doesn't mean Link beats wolf though I have no idea never played a wolf but i used to play wolf and i know he's really good and good characters usually are just better then Link so they have an obvious advantage cause of that. and Deva you don't have to go to tournies to have good input I have never been to a brawl tourny yet does that mean my input is bad?

as far as pit vs Link i dunno really I just play Forwards pit(his main character) and I win that match quite a bit i don't find pit to hard for Link bombs go through pits arrows so arrows don't bug me much plus Link has more range use it well and it benefits basically, as far as reflecting my items back at me well the boomerange doesn't do anything if it's reflected just pushes you back woop dee doo bombs getting reflects i usually just catch them and throw them back lol and arrows i guess arrows hurt but if he rflects that at me it does 6% and he can't advanced or do anything after so all it is is 6% plus most of the time i randomly block it with the normal sheild lol thats pit basically

Snake vs Link I just don't know this match up this is forward secondary(he says he's probably gonna start maining snake now) but he just ***** me with snake i can't kill him at all I should probably try the match up more cause i'll get ***** and just switch to fox or somethin lol to me Links worse match is Snake. I'm getting better at the jab lock though thats seems to be my only hope vs snake lol

as far as metaknight i have no idea really I just feel like metaknight is good and Link is not therefore metaknight will win most likely other then that projectiles work well vs metaknight, metas **** neutral Bs is what ***** me really lol

as for other characters anyone that can chain grab Link basically wins the match D3 or Falco I feel chain grabbing is just way to good and easy to land going from 0-50 in brawl is ********. i dunno to much yet I'm still learning Link i barely started playing him lol but yeah thats my input

Deva

Smash Lord
Cause A) you seem to have a fan club and B) you start pulling rank when someone has a disagreement with you? Not saying that you don't deserve the worship on this Link forum - but reasons are reasons nonetheless.

BTW, how am I illiterate? Is that you just trying to be cool or do you not know what the word means?
Alright, I mean iliterate as in you can't comprehend what I'm posting when you read. You put up a valid argument. What I'm trying to say is if you're arguing with any smash player online that is somewhat well known or has placed well at tournaments with good players, and you have a disagreement with them, your argument holds little weight because you haven't played anyone at that level. It's not that your necessarily wrong, but good luck finding anyone that agrees with you >_>. Also, I don't get the whole pulling rank thing. All I said was I beat a well known Wolf in tournament. I mean, what am I supposed to say instead. "I suck and rarely play this game, but here's my point of view?" If you have experience in a matchup at the competetive level, why wouldn't you bring it up as a point to back up your claim?

Again, congratulations on your victory.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever beaten a famous Toon Link? Does that mean that Link has a better recovery than Toon Link too?
As a matter of fact, my younger bro plays TL, and he's currently the best player in the Pacific Northwest. We've never played in Tournament, but we play all the time, and yeah, I go pretty even with him. I don't undersand how recovery plays into beating a character in a matchup. In melee Falco had a horrible recovery but was the second best character in the game so I fail to see your logic unless it was a really bad joke.

Ok, I get it. I need tournament experience in order to gain Level 99 l33t status and then my Link starts firing arrows at a faster rate, and I achieve my life goal of being in your good graces - which should be the goal of all Link players, to have Deva's and Aurashade's tattoo of approval.

Question, do you even need to place in such a tournament, or is participation enough?

Nonetheless, thank you for opening my eyes. I hope you guys aren't too offended, it was my illiterate status as a nub that made me unaware that I was stepping on your uber tails. My sincerest apologies.
Lol, no, it just means that if you start placing well at tournaments people will agree with you more. It'll be a strong point you can add to any argument you bring up. And participating helps, it shows that you have played people at the competetive level, but it doesn't mean much unless you place well.

TrevynThOt said:
and Deva you don't have to go to tournies to have good input I have never been to a brawl tourny yet does that mean my input is bad?
No, but people wont be agreeing with you very much, and if you ge into an argument with someone who has, they have a powerful point to back their claims that far outweighs anything you can say. I learned that the hard way when I first came to these boards. And honestly, most good players at melee tended to be better at Brawl than the general masses. I mean, it's possible you could be horrible at the game, but I highly doubt it lol. For heaven's sake you placed higher than Germ at SCC. Really wish I coulda been there but I had trouble attending OOS tourneys at that point in time. Hopefully we can get some Link dittos in for melee sometime though.

Aurashade said:
Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Lawman has put an end to my runnin'
And I'm so far from my home

Oh, Mama, I can hear you a cryin'
You're so scared and all alone
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows
And I don't have very long

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me
A renegade who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
Nevermore to go astray, this will be the end today
I'm a wanted man

Can't get me no more, and guess what? You're wrong. I'm going to tell you how...
LMAO. Alright, I think I'll add you again. This is too good.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
I suggest you all stay on topic rather than argue about the points you tryin to get across

OGsloane

Smash Rookie
Im afraid ill get bothered about this post but. If they are spamming, wouldn't it get predictable and be easy to perfect shield while approaching. OF course you need to be weary of a smash attack. I do it to my friend's falco when he starts to lose and starts doing it.

Deva

Smash Lord
I suggest you all stay on topic rather than argue about the points you tryin to get across
OGsloane said:
Im afraid ill get bothered about this post but. If they are spamming, wouldn't it get predictable and be easy to perfect shield while approaching. OF course you need to be weary of a smash attack. I do it to my friend's falco when he starts to lose and starts doing it.
KratosAurion192 said:
Even though half the points they are trying to get across are on topic?
. no u

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow Deva, I'm really quite torn between two great sources of Link information. Skler who says Link fails at dealing with other projectile spammers, and you who is saying that he has good ways of dealing with them. Honestly I'm having a tough time trying to make out who is truly correct here.

Maybe Link isn't quite as bad Skler is making him out to be lol?

I'd say Dedede is really hard to deal with since his spam stops all of your spam, and outranges it unless you fully charge an arrow which takes time. He has a better anti-approach game than you do too because that hammer has gay range. What do you say?

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Wow Deva, I'm really quite torn between two great sources of Link information. Skler who says Link fails at dealing with other projectile spammers, and you who is saying that he has good ways of dealing with them. Honestly I'm having a tough time trying to make out who is truly correct here.

I'd say Dedede is really hard to deal with since his spam stops all of your spam, and outranges it unless you fully charge an arrow which takes time. He has a better anti-approach game than you do too because that hammer has gay range. What do you say?
I think there's two ways to look at the projectile debate. I'd say Link has at least some trouble vs. Falco and Pit in terms of countering projectile spamming. I have no experience against a Wolf, but let's assume that Deva is right and Link has no trouble dealing with that kind of spammage. It could be because Falco and Pit are faster in my opinion than Wolf... So really fast characters with good projectile spamming would be hard for Link, while average or slower projectile spammers are a lot easier for Link. Like in Melee, Brawl Falco has those quick stunning lasers, and he is fast himself to boot. If only Link would use his Hylian shield the way that Pit uses his Mirror shield... =/

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Ok, so I changed my mind about the spamming thing. Wolf's laser goes UNDER all your projectiles, so... it is really easy for him to hit you with it, if he is in range. And the shield is good versus it, but you can approach with the shield, since he puts it to the side, and link sometimes just drops the shield and looks around, if you do not do anything with him. I think Wolf is a pretty good match up versus Link, in order to start beating my Brother playing Wolf, i had to use a completely different set of moves, and I was using a very limited about of projectiles, generally i would only use an arrow cancel, a bomb here and there, and a well placed rang. I certainly was not winning the spam fast.

THE Z button is key for killing wolf. Zairs are good if you know how to space it, and the grab is your only move faster than his fsmash, even the jab jab jab is slower than his fsmash. the grab works fine though. Wolf's laser also can hit you when you are trying to get on the stage. wolf is annoying.

Pit isn't too hard if you roll like ****, but any one who excels at egdegaurding is really hard to beat near the edge due to links bad recovery. Stay in the center however...

I bet no one agrees with me, but in the center of the stage sonic is hard 2 beat. When running its hard to nail him with a projectile and you need really good timing in order to hit him before he hits u.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Or you could not play ridiculously plain flat main platform type places like Final Destination, or Smashville. Try battlefield. With ridiculous spam powers, Final Destination isn't that neutral anymore.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Well, Wolf's fsmash is a lot better than Fox's. Fox's fsmash doesnt cover nearly as much distance, doesn't have multiple hits, doesn't do as much damage or knockback, and isn't as fast. Wolf's laser is a much better spamming tool. I think Wolf is much better than Fox, especially versus Link.

Deva

Smash Lord

Alright, don't get me wrong. Link sucks. And in general, everyone who has a projectile can out spam him. It's just if you know how to use them right, you can win almost any spam fest with Link. Most people don't though, which is why I agree Link has a hard time with spammers. I'm trying to base this off the level of play of the general masses.

Link can out spam wolf because his lasers have little range and come out relatively slow since he doesn't have a laser cancel. Just make sure to have a bomb in hand when approaching, arrow cancel everything, and you should be fine. Just make sure to mix it up by maybe standing there with the hylian shield up so he is forced to approach you. Then zair spacing is extremely useful.

Dedede has never been difficult for me. His spam has no range. Even if it stops your spam, he can't hit you. and if he tries to approach since at least a few of your projectiles will slowly be raking up damage, zair ***** Dedede harder than most characters.

Also, Bomb ***** pits arrow game. Goes right through all of them.

And Fox sucks lulz, I'd almost put him down with Link.

Blad01

Smash Lord
[Wow, you're a great Link Player, Deva ! Just watched your vids]

Anyway, as a Falco mainer, i think that Link can't almost do anything against him...

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I'd imagine going versus Falco, is a lot like going against Wolf. I mean, Both of them have annoying projectiles, and decent smashes, but limited recovery. Like the tether gimping works really well versus Wolf's and Falco's limited recovery. I would use your faster move sets versus these characters. Like N air, Z air, Z grab, shield grab, jab combo (not versus Wolf's fsmash though, it is faster. sheild grab, or z grab through that). A well spaced zair can cancel wolf's laser, and hit him twice, I'd imagine the same thing would work versus Falco. But, if you don't have a lot of experience going versus either of these characters, I would put my money on the Falco/Wolf players, you really have to change your game up a lot in order to win these fights.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Someone said something about smaller characters being hard to deal with. Not to insist that it's a bad matchup or anything (there's almost no info on the other side), but how does Link deal with Sonic?

Assuming that the Sonic player can at least do basic movement (eg, shield bombs, dodge) and is somewhat competent (doesn't rush headlong into attacks, doesn't spam predictable moves), would that be a hard matchup?

The spinshot "AT" lets Sonic move at about running speed at shorthop height, Run/Shield approaches can get past bombs and arrows (his run speed can close the distance while Link takes out bombs, or any minor delay that you normally wouldn't worry about), Spring can get him away from basically anything lower than double jump height, aerial springs work as a projectile/setup, and he has good edgeguarding ability/many low-launching moves.

Maybe it's a rare match up for them.

comments?

Deva

Smash Lord
Falco is way harder than wolf. He has 2 lasers per short hop, and they cancel. So he can reflector right away, and his reflector is ****. It's a great spacing move for him. Funny thing though. Rang works great here, cuz if he reflects it it just goes through you and you get a free hit on him. Bomb throw outa sheild is great too. It's definately one of Link's harder matchups. I'd put it right below meta honestly.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
So, how good are lv 9 computers? I just play against my brother's Ness/Wolf/Lucas/Peach. Peach has a nasty dash cstick down, you can combo her dash, with another dash. Wolf does the same.

Top Bottom