• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toughest Match-Up

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
So, how good are lv 9 computers? I just play against my brother's Ness/Wolf/Lucas/Peach. Peach has a nasty dash cstick down, you can combo her dash, with another dash. Wolf does the same.
They're definity better than the Melee Level 9's.

that's for sure.

i actually lose a few matched when i first got Brawl.

Still lose some sometimes when I use someone not in my top 5 or whatever.

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
i would not place any character harder for link than the other cause it all depends on who you face and how good you are but for me the most difficult characters for Link on equal level on my opinion would be from what i have faced:

Falco ( has a very good projectile game and his deflector is a pain in the rear ,not bad on close combat)

Snake( has equal or better projectile game than link aside that he is hard to knock out)

shiek ( even if she does not have better projectiles than link she is way faster and can rise damage fast to finish you up )

Metaknight( better air game and if used properly Link projectiles pose minimum threat but he is not impossible to beat ,just very hard)

Game and watch ( he is way better in this game and has a strange hit box that can confuse a lot for those that dont have to much experience against him ,his attacks come quick and the bucket can annoy from time to time )

Wolf( he is more difficult when he uses his tilts and smash attacks well his laser can be annoying but is not as difficult to avoid as pit ,link or toon links projectiles ,he has better range in CQC than link so is better to be mid range with link when facing wolf Z air helps alot too)

id put more but im saving it for the guide that i made but those are the ones you have to look out more ,the rest are equal against link ( even Toon link ,he is just faster and floats more but still the same,just in case )

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Falco seems like he can effectively outspam Link, but I've never really faced a good Falco though.
Link can really take advantage of Falco's poor recovery and Falco can do the same to Link, I think.
At really close combat, I think Falco wins. At mid-range, it may be a tie.. Most of Link's moves are good here, but Falco's is faster.
I'm not completely sure about z-air vs falco's shine, they both are great spacing moves
At long range, Falco takes control

I'm having some trouble against Kirby.. At 0%, he can grab me and do that f-throw > u-air > grab > f-throw > u-air until 40% and then he can f-smash and sometimes even land a good hammer if I mess up
(the gonzo combo? some people might know it as that..)
DI doesn't work too well and Link isn't hard to grab.. Hell, you could punish his grab, his roll, his landing lag..
And then if he manages to do that combo near the edge, d-airing Link is too easy.. Edgeguarding Link in general is pretty easy for Kirby.
I don't think I have much problems with Kirby on the offense, but defensively, Link gets murdered by Kirby pretty easily..

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
i cannot play dittos with Link. it's annoying. I think one of Link's worst match ups is Falco. He can reflect back all (including your bombs) your projectiles.

@ Tenki, I think Sonic and Link are pretty even, Sonic can get around Link's projectiles and rack up damage relatively quick, but Link has more priority and attack range to make up for his lack of speed.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Most of Sonic's moves on the ground can be destroyed with a well timed dsmash.
And then anything else in the air Im pretty sure can be handled with the rang.
Well, the general consensus seems to be...

DeDeDe
MK
Falco
Kirby
G&W

BooM!!

Smash Cadet
Yeah Link dittos are really really stupid <_<

I don't think Falco's stopping your projectiles with his shine is too bad against Link because you can hold a bomb > jump and airdodge > hookshot which kind of goes through it. Falco's shine is a lot more annoying whenever he uses it to attack you directly and sometimes makes you trip.

I think Link beats Sonic.. because sonic can get wrecked by your projectiles. You out range him by quite a bit, and you out prioritize his life <_<

I haven't faced a really good DDD, but I really think he would be a really hard matchup for Link.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I don't see how GW is considered a tough match. Link is faster, has more range and priority on his disjointed hitboxes and his projectiles can't be bucketed.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Worst matchup in Smash HISTORY: Link vs Kirby in Brawl.

End of story.

Anyone who's played a Kirby that know's what they're doing against Link should know what I'm talking about. -_-

Deva

Smash Lord
I'm really not seeing the whole Kirby thing. I mean, Timmy's Kirby can't be that bad lol. Hey Blubba, you're in Oregon right? Go find T!mmy and play his Kirby lol.

Deva

Smash Lord
I DI, pull a bomb, and always throw a rang while recovering. If you DI properly though, you'll rarely be in the situation to begin with. Kirby's kill moves aren't very strong. Just watch out for the gimps. As long as you DI, it's really not a problem. The DI in this game is severely broken. It's better than the smash DI of melee IMO.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
MetaKnight- I hate his projectile absorbing neutral-b and side-b and his fast attacks.

Falco- Hate his laser gun, his reflector, and is annoying grabs.

Kirby- I don't know what it is about him, but he's just hard to face...

Sonic- I always have trouble with him with any character...

I don't know about Toon Link, I usually do good against him. But the fact that he is known as the "better faster clone" discourages me most of the time.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Is there a Link Match-up Thread?....

All this talk about toughest match-ups just tells me that the Link boards needs a good Character Match-up Thread...one with all the info about the rest of the roster in the OP...

If I were more experienced I might take a swing at it, but I think it would greatly help the Link community, including myself.

Deva

Smash Lord
Link matchup chart:

Link is at a disadvantage against 95% of the Brawl cast...... >_>

anything else?

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
link Matchup Chart:

Link Is At A Disadvantage Against 95% Of The Brawl Cast...... >_>

Anything Else?
........ ;.;

He may be at a disadvantage, but there's bound to be some good character specific strategies against the 5% of the roster that he IS good against, and some "how not to lose too badly" strategies against the other 95%.....right?....><

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
D3 might not be the worst but he is ONE of the worst IMO. He has a really good projectile, can chaingrab you, outrange you, and edgeguard you extremely well. all he has to do is back air you while your recovering and there goes 1 stock.

Top Bottom