• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Pitch for why RBD KhanYe East should be number two Lucario.

1) Frozen plays Mewtwo now. #BANNED
2) iPunchKidsz is an offensive name and shouldn't be endorsed by this thread.

Disregard skill/results when you make this decision. Thanks for your time <3
Your right, I must clean my OP so that everything is politically correct.

I dont think he can be on any PR lol. And hes been to all of one or maybe 2 pm tourneys out here... I guess time will tell since he cant stay in one place.
Can't be on any PR because he's everywhere at once?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Handsome Jack is definitely showing up on the radar, I think, with his flashy playstyle of Lucario.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That is very standard, suboptimal, non-flashy lucario play >_>. Dash attack -> Fsmash every hit isn't exactly hard lol.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
That is very standard, suboptimal, non-flashy lucario play >_>. Dash attack -> Fsmash every hit isn't exactly hard lol.
I know he's not the best, but I was still pretty impressed with some of his plays out there, personally. I'm just merely reckoning to keep an eye on this one.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's just kind of funny that every region that has a good lucario labels them as "flashy" just because they don't understand what's going on >_>. I'm not saying anything about his skill, just that he plays very simply for a lucario(but hey why change it if it's working). Flashy is not the correct term.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
It's just kind of funny that every region that has a good lucario labels them as "flashy" just because they don't understand what's going on >_>. I'm not saying anything about his skill, just that he plays very simply for a lucario(but hey why change it if it's working). Flashy is not the correct term.
I thought for Lucario flashy = Mash A button while rotating control stick clockwise

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No no. See, Lucario being flashy means you cancel every hit with asc, even if you don't need to. You'll look like a praying mantis style monk, karate chopping someone and then going to semi-pray that their soul travels safely into the afterlife, before continuing the assault.

Last edited:

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
All the more reason to talk about it. Maybe it'll encourage him to keep his head down and focus on putting in work for a while.
I appreciate it. You guys are right I was kind of acting up at ltc2 but after all the trash talk and hearing everybody talk **** it's kinda inevitable that I start talking back. I didn't do it because I'm cocky or for flair. I did it because I felt it was necessary to shut people up. Of course it did the opposite but than again, what's an opinion to me. I'm honestly not that cocky as a person but in a room full of people dissing and bagging on your for playing a certain character, or saying how fraudulent you are, kinda takes a toll on the mind. It was my first big tournament so my emotions were everywhere. I know it doesn't give me the right to act how I did but that's how it happened and I can't change that now. I just hope you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for understanding.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I beat JZ yesterday, is my Yosh 3rd best yet?
Vids?

I appreciate it. You guys are right I was kind of acting up at ltc2 but after all the trash talk and hearing everybody talk **** it's kinda inevitable that I start talking back. I didn't do it because I'm cocky or for flair. I did it because I felt it was necessary to shut people up. Of course it did the opposite but than again, what's an opinion to me. I'm honestly not that cocky as a person but in a room full of people dissing and bagging on your for playing a certain character, or saying how fraudulent you are, kinda takes a toll on the mind. It was my first big tournament so my emotions were everywhere. I know it doesn't give me the right to act how I did but that's how it happened and I can't change that now. I just hope you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for understanding.
Ayyyee lol

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
It happened in a crew battle this Friday. Granted, JZ was pretty unfamiliar with the matchup, but Turvis won the 4-stock battle.

Some more info about the crew battle: STG (Stock Tank Gaming) is basically a joke crew, but a lot of good Oklahoma players that aren't part of SCG participated on that team. STG Lineup:
  • Stoks (Mario)
  • Jitty (ROB)
  • CP9 (Olimar)
  • Deezus (Lucas) - Another one of Oklahoma's best. His style is remarkably different from (but no less effective than) Zeroic's.
  • Rave (Samus)
  • Turvis (Yoshi) - This guy has shown a TON of improvement lately. JZ had never actually played him before, and as a result he didn't know what to expect and Turvis took advantage of it. (their set starts 49 minutes in)
  • Gnosis (Kirby) - you already know
  • Dyl (Luigi) - A former Mario main that put up some impressive tournament results before getting tired of Mario's playstyle.
SCG Lineup:
  • SCG|Tinto - I think the one thing really holding this guy back is that he can never settle on a main.
  • SCG|Zedd
  • SCG|Irish
  • SCG|Zeej - Best Ness in Oklahoma.
  • SCG|Dad - Decided to troll us all by going Marth (supposedly in honor of Zinth, who wasn't there...)
  • SCG|JZ - He's finally back in OK, but we still don't have many recorded sets of him yet. This is one, and this money match is another.
  • SCG|FlashingFire - [Spoilers] I finally beat Gnosis! Wooo!
  • SCG|Zeroic - Very technical Lucas player, though he had to work through some nerves at the start of his match.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm Trans. I have a long history of doing well vs him even before I started to transition. **** your "he sandbags girls" comment.
I don't care what you are. You should not be beating M2k in Melee by any means. My point was super valid.
Texas sucks lol. Come to my region if you want to get bodied.

Edit: Kaos got put on the top 3 list for going to literally one OoS event to beat Texas people? LOL? How does that remove Frozen from top 3 when he got top 8 at Zenith and has placed super good at many tourneys?
:018:

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ltc had more than just Texas people. Other regions exist besides the Banana Circus.

Edit: I don't care too much about the decisions of who gets on this list or not. What's important is providing videos and informations to the community and others at large. These threads tend to turn into e-peen wars cause we debate who is x spot, instead of just listing anyone important and strong with the character and focusing on what we're displaying. I dunno who this actually inspires?

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Edit: Kaos got put on the top 3 list for going to literally one OoS event to beat Texas people? LOL? How does that remove Frozen from top 3 when he got top 8 at Zenith and has placed super good at many tourneys?
Kaos has always had a good record OoS state lol. He's been to quite a few AZ events and placed really well.

If anyone else wants to defend Kaos/Frozen, be my guest, I may reconsider changing it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I won't defend either of them, because ideally I would be the best Mewtwo and would **** on everyone, everything, all day every day. Your cat? Not safe. Your newborn child? No johns, hand it over and we'll play Smash (I'll win ofc)

In fact I'm so damn good, put me on for every character. My tag is "Jake, the Baron of Buttz" and you poop lords will heed my every word.

I just made this thread 20x better, thank me later.

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
The support is real <3 go on the SoCal page and help me out! Write #freekaos they have me on commentary probation. So lame. Help a boy out!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd put you on commentary probation for how badly you slaughtered Balloon Mario at LTC. Holy ****! WORLDDDDD STARRRRRRR!

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
PM SSS Makes a return today and will feature almost all of our big names including Aero, Jonny Westside, Kaos, DEHF, Aion, and Tyrant. Really wouldnt be surprised if K9 found his way here... We have a different stream for the day
http://www.twitch.tv/superdojo
Hope yall will join us

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
I don't care what you are. You should not be beating M2k in Melee by any means. My point was super valid.

Texas sucks lol. Come to my region if you want to get bodied.

I'm considering to go to a Xanadu or another easy side tourny to body you personally.

Last edited:

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've been going out to weeklies and getting on stream a lot more and getting better and better, so here's episode two of Marcel the Shell With Shoes On. I would have posted episode one but I like this one a little bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9K22D0o5Q

It doesn't have anything to do with smash, but that hasn't really stopped anyone else in this thread. In conclusion, this list is fraudulent and everyone in my region and my six older brothers should be on it because they're so good, they just don't travel.

Ya boi,
Chandy

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Can we keep the **** talk that has nothing to do with this thread at a minimum. Particularly the "I beat M2K" "Nuh you didnt" argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom