• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Yea, you're M2k's skill level in melee....Show me a vid of yourself if you really want to impress me.
I never said I was at his level. All I said is that I have a history of doing WELL vs him. This means taking games off him, and having a positive record on FD, not winning sets. Jesus.

You want a vid? There's like 1000+ at this point. I've been recording since 2005. There's like 10-15 in this thread for zss alone.

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Last edited:

SShane

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0447-5092-9424
I wanna go to md/va it looks like they got a lot of interesting players definately planning on it also wanna see my main man Nazo

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I never said I was at his level. All I said is that I have a history of doing WELL vs him. This means taking games off him, and having a positive record on FD, not winning sets. Jesus.

You want a vid? There's like 1000+ at this point. I've been recording since 2005. There's like 10-15 in this thread for zss alone.
Dude, no offense, but stop.

Here's a few more from me if ya want. These are some hype matches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kN4ONco4Yk - vs. DarkBlues(Win)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeZxOLoqgF4 - vs. StereoKiDD(Win)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzxC-95flM - vs. Gallo(Lose)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaWugeQkej4 - vs. Gallo(Win)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdNuBYNnlew - vs. NinjaLink(Lose)
I haven't checked yet, but those videos might already be in the OP.

EDIT: Yeah, all of those except the NinjaLink video were in the OP. Just as a reminder you guys, if you come from a relatively well-known channel that hosts PM, please check the OP before posting because there's a chance I already have it.

Last edited:

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
I searched "Vixen vs. M2K" and variants of that into YouTube, but nothing showed up. Am I missing something here? Different alias?

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I wanna go to md/va it looks like they got a lot of interesting players definately planning on it also wanna see my main man Nazo
We would love to play you :).
I searched "Vixen vs. M2K" and variants of that into YouTube, but nothing showed up. Am I missing something here? Different alias?
LOL^
:018:

Last edited:

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
Actually I have to Watch my tongue now. I want to commentate and I'm on "probation". So I can't **** talk anybody but believe me I'd love too. Just gotta stay professional now if I want to continue commentating (which I do)

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I haven't played with M2k on a recording set up since 2011 and someone tripped over my laptop breaking my external. Lost the entire weekends worth of great sets.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
It seems to me that the problem lies behind the fact that OP organizes this list based on:
  • Tournament standings
  • Frequency of tournament attendance
  • Specific win(s) against a certain player
  • Biased(?) heresy
  • Whether or not they have videos
Perhaps a power ranking system is in order? The last 2 things listed are qualitative, though I'm not really sure if KayB would reject a player if he didn't have any videos but had every other quality listed.
Plus, a player shouldn't be in the list based on how popular he/she is or because a lot of people think they "deserve" to be on it, but that's just my opinion.

An algorithm focused on the placing you got from a large tournament would also incorporate the individual player's current score. So ya boi Emukiller's 1st place from SKTAR 3 would be held heavy, considering his competition includes most of the top ranked Project M players from Smashboards' rankings, as well as there being 256 unique entrants

Zenith 2014 had 165 unique entrants, and not as much competition (skill-wise). Even with this being true, Zero's 1st place would probably be held almost as heavy (or even higher) since Emu, M2K, Rolex, etc were all in the tournament. As well as it occurring after SKTAR, so Emu would be more of a "threat". In other words, Zenith was stacked. SKTAR was stacked too, but that was after the first half of entrants were knocked out (arguable).

If we start using a system like this, you could actually see what it means to you and "how good you are with X character" if you beat Mew2King. Also, this would eliminate the "I placed 1st at a tourny in X state, that means I'm the best with X character" since it would accommodate for your competition. Theres also no room for "you placed Xth SOOO LONG AGO, it doesnt count" since if a player wanted to overtake someone's spot for 1st/2nd/3rd, all they have to do earn more points, AKA, this system would reward players who enter more tournaments. You could also tie in a time variable, in which player's points diminish over time. Doing this would reward high placings, and players who've had a "bad run" need not worry since after a certain amount of time, it's like it didnt even happen.

The only problem with this system is what if a player uses multiple characters in a bracket? I wouldnt know how to allocate the points in that instance. Not only that, but I sure as hell don't know what the algorithm would be. You could just use SB's power rankings, but not everyone claims their points.

TLDR: start using a point / power ranking system

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Or we can just nominate people who are really good with a char, and go from there?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
It seems to me that the problem lies behind the fact that OP organizes this list based on:
  • Tournament standings
  • Biased(?) heresy
Perhaps a power ranking system is in order? The last 2 things listed are qualitative, though I'm not really sure if KayB would reject a player if he didn't have any videos but had every other quality listed.
Plus, a player shouldn't be in the list based on how popular he/she is or because a lot of people think they "deserve" to be on it, but that's just my opinion.

An algorithm focused on the placing you got from a large tournament would also incorporate the individual player's current score. So ya boi Emukiller's 1st place from SKTAR 3 would be held heavy, considering his competition includes most of the top ranked Project M players from Smashboards' rankings, as well as there being 256 unique entrants

Zenith 2014 had 165 unique entrants, and not as much competition (skill-wise). Even with this being true, Zero's 1st place would probably be held almost as heavy (or even higher) since Emu, M2K, Rolex, etc were all in the tournament. As well as it occurring after SKTAR, so Emu would be more of a "threat". In other words, Zenith was stacked. SKTAR was stacked too, but that was after the first half of entrants were knocked out (arguable).

If we start using a system like this, you could actually see what it means to you and "how good you are with X character" if you beat Mew2King. Also, this would eliminate the "I placed 1st at a tourny in X state, that means I'm the best with X character" since it would accommodate for your competition. Theres also no room for "you placed Xth SOOO LONG AGO, it doesnt count" since if a player wanted to overtake someone's spot for 1st/2nd/3rd, all they have to do earn more points, AKA, this system would reward players who enter more tournaments. You could also tie in a time variable, in which player's points diminish over time. Doing this would reward high placings, and players who've had a "bad run" need not worry since after a certain amount of time, it's like it didnt even happen.

The only problem with this system is what if a player uses multiple characters in a bracket? I wouldnt know how to allocate the points in that instance. Not only that, but I sure as hell don't know what the algorithm would be. You could just use SB's power rankings, but not everyone claims their points.

Power rankings would be extremely difficult on a scale of something this large

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Let character boards rank their own mains

Have this thread showcase high level gameplay for all characters possible and don't worry about top x spots

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
  • Tournament standings
  • Biased(?) heresy

You're killing me here dude. Managing this list as it is is already stressful enough lol

Thanks for the feedback anyway, but I don't know if I'll ever to get to implement that since making this into a PR was never the objective in the first place.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I haven't played with M2k on a recording set up since 2011 and someone tripped over my laptop breaking my external. Lost the entire weekends worth of great sets.
I drove M2k yesterday from the airport. He has no clue who you are.

:018:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you asked about "Vixen", probably not. Look up a bit, I'm pretty sure alternative tags/aliases were put out that make sense

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Please take the off topic talk to PM's Vixen/Joe/whoeverelse.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Plot twist: Vixen doesn't actually exist, she/he is a collective figment of our imagination, a group hallucination involving everybody who plays smash, and M2K doesn't about know him/her because he is a robot and lacks an imagination

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Wtf reflex lives in NC? I don't think he ever comes out.. Is that actually real, or a typeo?

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you ask awestin how good I am. I power shield with bowser Zelda and jiggly puff. Please I want you to ask him.

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually the only bowser to beat his ness because of it. or is the truth going to be too unsettling and your not going to ask him?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I still have night terrors over kaos getting power shield > rest on me in doubles

He's really good at them, m2 just makes it like 100% of the time

Kaosxxxx

Smash Apprentice
People can go ahead and think I'm a fraud, but it's because you don't want to take the time to learn tech doesn't mean somebody else hasn't. Inconsiderate **** get out if my face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom