• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is the first I've heard of Risky being PMBR... Strange since I observe our applications pretty frequently.
Yeah I questioned that as well. He isn't in the PMBR AFAIK.

didds

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight, if I get one video of some decent Yoshi gameplay up, I will probably make the list?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
seagull joe's plan is to make people never want to main diddy, and eventually the list of diddy players will be small enough where he'll get top 3 by existing

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
The fact that he has a Bakura avatar makes that plan sound real.
Had a Bakura avatar since like 2013 lol. He's my favorite character in yugioh (A card game I also play competitively). I've also had Kaiba avatars.

:018:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Had a Bakura avatar since like 2013 lol. He's my favorite character in yugioh (A card game I also play competitively). I've also had Kaiba avatars.

:018:
Whenever I see your avatar I think of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. And when I think of Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged and see your avatar I think of british people. British females named Florence.

Yeah, you're not going to get that unless you actually have watched some episodes.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Tetraflora is amazing, him and bidoof body people with characters that are supposed to be bad
Also by playing characters "incorrectly", at our last weekly Bidoof was beating people using upsmash to kill instead of fsmash as Marth.
And here I was thinking Marth's dacus didn't serve any use.

Btw, @ KayB KayB there seem to be a few people in the honourable mentions who are also listed as one of the top three for the same character. Bladewise and Nick Riddle were two that I noticed, dunno if there are any other duplicates.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
marth's DACUS is amazing though. lower platforms aren't safe against someone who knows how to do that consistently, people sleep on it so hard b/c 99% of marth players come from melee and they don't want to learn new tech skill

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That and it's hard, it's one of the 1 frame ones right which requires A or something set to Attack? Similarly, SH Bair to any Aerial bar Nair is now possible (due to Melee's first airborne frame aerial early gravity inducement overall jump height reduction mechanic phenomenon being not in PM and also my guess of landing detection being slightly lower than Melee which is good because it opens up stuff) but it's hard (technically any 1 frame perfect double aerial sequence is two one frame windows needed to be performed) and similarly can have detrimental consequences if failed to execute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Plus up tilt, uair, if it's the appropriate height, f-smash are, depending on the situation, all equally if not better options that are significantly easier to do.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
(due to Melee's first airborne frame aerial early gravity inducement overall jump height reduction mechanic phenomenon being not in PM
I don't think that's a thing, i'm pretty sure all jump momentum is granted on frame one in Melee
In PM it's granted on frame two so overall your jump lasts 1 frame longer

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The instant gravity thing from doing an aerial is a thing in Melee (gravity normally wouldn't apply till frame 1, but with the frame 0 aerial it causes the gravity now on frame 0, so overall jump height reduced by some amount and more noticeably in FHs // Jump momentum may apply the first frame in Melee but gravity doesn't apparently take effect until the next (unless you aerial the first frame)), but it may or may not apply to Brawl/PM then if your statements true. Is that the Physics delay people talk about or something different?

In any case of the answer for the extra air time whatever it may be, I like it for providing more than dozens of new Auto-cancel/Double Aerials, so I may soon find myself defending the Physics delay lol.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Mad you defend all the worst things
objectively the worst things
momentum delay makes WDs/DDs take one frame longer to get moving so they're less useful for evasion, definitely not a good thing

But lots of new autocancels might be a result of brawl aerials simply having lots of autocancel frames, maybe PMBR didn't revert all of them

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What in the actual ****. @ Soft Serve Soft Serve stop maining Diddy now.
I started maining diddy in 2.5 lol

I'm still bad though, when all i did was play I was decent, almost taking a set off Tai and going even with hashtag when he played Yoshi/just picked up diddy. Now I just play fox because balancing 2 characters is stupid hard and i play melee more, but diddy is stupid fun.

Theres a lot of good diddys

@MAD did Guy ever get you those pics of falco bairing? I'm still really interested in the video thing you were going to put together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom