• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sure, I can never get enough of Falcon dittos. <3
actually i'd say you have more than "potential", your movement is fantastic. that said, i think your play states that you undervalue upair abuse vs slow characters, there were several times vs esam that you went for some other options where upair would have been better (you can probably rewatch the set and see it for yourself) because upair preserves your options by staying below the opponent whether you hit or they block or on a platform, and if they air dodge or something you get a free regrab > upthrow to reset position back to upair abuse. there's really no easy way a lot of characters can deal with CF upair, and its one of his main selling points imo, something you should look into because you have the talent to use it.

what are you using to shield drop like that anyway? just raw practice?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Just popping in to say that Lordy is the shiznit. Please continue.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
BTW, the UK list is kinda bare. Top 5 is actually Prof, Fuzzy, Anaky (Link), myself and Cong (Diddy Kong). Alpha Dash (ROB)+Silentdoom (Sonic/Olimar) are also solid contenders and should be mentioned on the UK list, but I'm pretty confident that anyone in our top 5 would have made bracket at BH4.
UK section fixed and SCV vids updated.

Also @The_NZA, not sure who's managing the GameUnderground channel for smash events, but the last batch of videos was uploaded in a kind of messy way with videos being cut into parts and ending prematurely. Just so you guys know.

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
actually i'd say you have more than "potential", your movement is fantastic. that said, i think your play states that you undervalue upair abuse vs slow characters, there were several times vs esam that you went for some other options where upair would have been better (you can probably rewatch the set and see it for yourself) because upair preserves your options by staying below the opponent whether you hit or they block or on a platform, and if they air dodge or something you get a free regrab > upthrow to reset position back to upair abuse. there's really no easy way a lot of characters can deal with CF upair, and its one of his main selling points imo, something you should look into because you have the talent to use it.

what are you using to shield drop like that anyway? just raw practice?
Like half a year ago, TheReflexWonder basically told me the same thing about the U-airs, and while I tried applying it then, I guess other things distracted me and I kinda forgot about it for a while, thanks for also telling and reminding me of that!
Regarding shield drops, I just press down on the control stick, like everything else I do, it's consistency comes from raw practice, as I used to spend like 15 mins every day doing tech skill practice. I no longer do said tech skill practices much now though, since I can consistently do everything that Falcon is capable of doing now.

JetX818

Smash Cadet
PM in the PM: JetX (Kirby, Dedede) vs SS/LAS Kaos (Mewtwo, Bowser, Jigglypuff)

The best and most hype match from the tournament PM in the PM last sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-06YKM0ddZo

Kirby (0:00 - 9:00)
Dedede ( 9:00 - 20:00)

Just let you know Kaos is my cousin so we decided to have a fun third match and fourth... lol

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Player Spotlight:
Remember Jason Waterfalls, that SoCal ZSS player that I gave the spotlight a while ago? Well in a recent a local, he defeated Kaos and iPunchKidz twice to secure GF at a SoCal local. Score one for ZSS mains.

D

Deleted member

Got some videos for ya'
So GFs got seperated into 2 different parts, and it just so happens that the part it separates at is where I play roy. So this makes it easier for you

Tink Vids:
Me vs. Shokio www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nAuI8JsD7E
Me vs. Luck www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAqffpZ45Xg
Me vs. Dakpo WFs www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1lFpVAarmw
Me vs. Dakpo GFs Part 1 www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX7ybQgH9Vw

Roy Vid:
Me vs. Dakpo GFs Part 2 www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKjZhWNfWk

also heres a roy vid thats just straight up not in there:
Me vs. Awestin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOpPAgDlsE#t=535 (Timestamped for roy stuff)

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Beat Luck again last night with ZSS at I&B, and managed to place 3rd. Took Infinity to Game 5 last-stock in Loser's Finals with Roy:

Shokio vs. Disafter (Roy)
Shokio vs. Infinity (Roy)
Shokio vs. Luck (ZSS)

My execution was very sloppy the whole tourney, but still somehow managed to do well. #ThankYouBasedSmashGods
I'm just into the first Disafter game and already I want to say, your use of the SV platform to get follow-ups is HELLA CRISP.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
TLoc is pretty awesome. They streamed Super Bit Wars 3 yesterday, so expect some videos from them soon. JZ JV 4-stocked Denti in Ivysaur dittos (and somehow lost the set...why JZ??? lol)

Moli

Smash Cadet
iPunchKidsz beat m2k in winners final and then lost to him in gf.
Winners: 3-1
Grand Finals: 3-0, 3-2
No videos I believe cuZ of problems but challonge link is www.challonge.com/sodivpmiv. Also more videos for kaos, ipk, jetx, and Jason waterfalls can be found on YouTube under smashing in socal.

iPunchKidsz

Smash Cadet
Lucario Vs Fox and Mario .

My two worst match ups and I beat one of the best players in smash .

Repping Lucario out here .

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So in the videos for each character you listed players as best to worst or something? Cause I know only Oro is the only ZSS better than me. XD

D

Deleted member

1. The videos aren't listed in any order (best to worst, worst to best, etc)

2. the thread was changed so that its not even listed in best to worst anymore, its just the top 5 for said character. AKA trying to cause less drama

Xaltis

Smash Hero
1. The videos aren't listed in any order (best to worst, worst to best, etc)

2. the thread was changed so that its not even listed in best to worst anymore, its just the top 5 for said character. AKA trying to cause less drama
That's all I needed to know. Thank you very much~

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
iPunchKidsz beat m2k in winners final and then lost to him in gf.
Winners: 3-1
Grand Finals: 3-0, 3-2
No videos I believe cuZ of problems but challonge link is www.challonge.com/sodivpmiv. Also more videos for kaos, ipk, jetx, and Jason waterfalls can be found on YouTube under smashing in socal.
Yooo those videos have to be found !

Skiller

Smash Rookie
MK player, told by the SFL melee group that I should probably post/complain here that I'm not listed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONMIjhfZ7g Me(Teachable) vs Porkchops (Fox/Falco) (Look at me I'm just as good as k9).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-Lv8Aibgs Me(Teachable) vs Prof (Mewtwo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ49xM5pQg8 Me(Teachable) vs MVD (Mario)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czq7EQ3uGeU Me(Teachable) vs Kaike (Roy)
There's a couple of more videos of me online that I can't seem to find, There should be a pretty close set of me vs Master Raven (MK vs M2), very rarely get featured on stream anymore though or have my matches uploaded after I timed a peach player out on stream. If I can find the archive I'll upload/post that clip.
also here's a funny image of me and master raven in an MK ditto

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Beat Luck again last night with ZSS at I&B, and managed to place 3rd. Took Infinity to Game 5 last-stock in Loser's Finals with Roy:

Shokio vs. Disafter (Roy)
Shokio vs. Infinity (Roy)
Shokio vs. Luck (ZSS)

My execution was very sloppy the whole tourney, but still somehow managed to do well. #ThankYouBasedSmashGods
That DI during meta knights combo on dreamland. WAT
I got so upset during the livestream when that happened
But I definitely think you are a top player, maybe top 3 roy/zss main

Last edited:

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Status
Not open for further replies.