• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Well if it wasn't clear already, I think DarkBlues has to be in consideration as one of the best bowsers. Not sure which if any of his matches were recorded besides the 2 loses to Pinkfresh though(pools/bracket) ><. The kid put in work at Shots Fired.

Edit: also Zhime is back and that Zelda spot will be his Id have to assume. (I want those SF video's up so I can rewatch that combo he did on Junebug over and over and over)

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Shots Fired had:
Darkblues (17th?) outplace Deff (33rd). In a shocking development, "top Wario from Washington, I think" Master WGS (25th), who is also a Bowser main from Columbus, Ohio also outplaced him, beat POOB and had a close set loss to Emukiller 1-2. Currently he is an HM in Central Ohio.

I lost to Deff in pools though, unfortunately. : ( An SD and a missed punish were my undoing. I got 2nd in that pool and finished placing 33rd like a buster, all Sheik.

Last edited:

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
DarkBlues got 9th, tying with Rolex, Remo and myself. Easily his best performance by far, I was very surprised and impressed. FS Represent!

Also, the new Nebulous venue now has internet so we'll have plenty of videos to post in the coming weeks ;)

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
on the topic of Shots Fired, StereoKiDD's is definitely making his name heard. He did very well beating JewChainz and ORLY as well as playing very well in recent weeks. Also 3-0'd Tetra in a Ness ditto MM. Tetraflora was doing fairly well, but sadly lost as Kirby in both winners and losers side of bracket. If she went Ness I feel she would've done way better.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Please explain to me why grab armor is significant to Falco's gameplay.
Grab armoring shines. Happens pretty often for me / watching others.
With certain grab distances ive even seen certain people shield grab falcos pressure and not some scrub falcos but like larry / westballz / rcizzle shield pressure.

Secondly KAYB Socals Youtube channel that should have some content / lots more coming soon:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7mbMx4rD57rrkmby8tsfA

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well you were kind of talking in sentence fragments, so it was tough to understand what you meant when you just said "Without invincibility on shine. Grab armor."
Just wanted to make sure you didn't think grab armor was otherwise any more effective at beating attacks than in Melee.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
DarkBlues got 9th, tying with Rolex, Remo and myself. Easily his best performance by far, I was very surprised and impressed. FS Represent!

Also, the new Nebulous venue now has internet so we'll have plenty of videos to post in the coming weeks ;)
"FS represent"
>doesn't mention FS's highest placing member, Zhime with 7th

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
I don't have any need to speak about zhime since anyone who doesn't believe he's best Zelda by now is actually insane, lol

It's like arguing that I'm not the best Mewtwo like srsly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't have any need to speak about zhime since anyone who doesn't believe he's best Zelda by now is actually insane, lol

It's like arguing that I'm not the best Mewtwo like srsly
IMO DVD is best toon link hands down no questions

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was updating one of the lists today, but my computer restarted and I lost at least two hours worth of work.

Sorry, but I lost the mood to update today. I apologize, but some vids may still be up, including S@X, SoCal vids, BEAST V, and Austin PM.

I'm so ****ing done with life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude its ok, this thread is ****ing huge. I'd never be able to manage ALL of this, ever. Props.

Zerudahime

Smash Apprentice
i dont think anyone has the ability to place higher than me at a national with zelda.
its NOT possible. Its been proven. Just saying. ;)

#tryme

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was updating one of the lists today, but my computer restarted and I lost at least two hours worth of work.

Sorry, but I lost the mood to update today. I apologize, but some vids may still be up, including S@X, SoCal vids, BEAST V, and Austin PM.

I'm so ****ing done with life.
Save early, and save often. I recommend working in Notepad.
Take a much needed break, my friend. Come back whenever you're ready~

TreK

Is "that guy"
*Zen, who dominated PM in France for the whole duration of 3.02 (the only players he's lost sets to are Mahie, Prof Pro and aMSa) is slowly getting back into PM.

No videos of him this time, but expect him to take the next French tourney :D

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Well you were kind of talking in sentence fragments, so it was tough to understand what you meant when you just said "Without invincibility on shine. Grab armor."
Just wanted to make sure you didn't think grab armor was otherwise any more effective at beating attacks than in Melee.
Yeah my bad. My grammar and sentence structure is usually low-mid tier :O.
especially on the forums.

Boiko

:drshrug:
on the topic of Shots Fired, StereoKiDD's is definitely making his name heard. He did very well beating JewChainz and ORLY as well as playing very well in recent weeks. Also 3-0'd Tetra in a Ness ditto MM. Tetraflora was doing fairly well, but sadly lost as Kirby in both winners and losers side of bracket. If she went Ness I feel she would've done way better.
FWIW I also beat Tetra in a MM and Stereo. All Ness dittos. Then I got bracket ****ed. :drshrug:

Not trying to brag or anything tho. I still think Stereo is best Ness.

D e l t a

FWIW I also beat Tetra in a MM and Stereo. All Ness dittos. Then I got bracket ****ed. :drshrug:

Not trying to brag or anything tho. I still think Stereo is best Ness.
Stereo is so good and doesn't even abuse all of Ness' tools:surprised: There were so many good Ness players that weekend. I felt bad that she was off her A game that weekend.

I'm sad I didn't get to vs that Samus at like 3am. I was on the setup next to you guys and I heard nobody could beat it lol

Boiko

:drshrug:
Stereo is so good and doesn't even abuse all of Ness' tools:surprised: There were so many good Ness players that weekend. I felt bad that she was off her A game that weekend.

I'm sad I didn't get to vs that Samus at like 3am. I was on the setup next to you guys and I heard nobody could beat it lol
LOLOL Yeah my Samus puts in work. I'll get some footage of it soon.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
@ KayB KayB I noticed what may be organizational problems. Ice Climbers, Marth, Samus, and Zelda all have two spoiler tags where one is empty. ROB and Yoshi have 2 spoiler tags where one contains just a ditto match. On the contrary, Roy, Sheik, and Wolf have 2 spoiler tags with multiple links and players. Those are 3 different cases of characters having two spoiler tags yet differing purposes for them. Furthermore, Illinois, MD/VA, Missouri, OK, TX, and WA all have a questionable spoiler tag. Illinois has one with 1 person. The 2nd MD/VA is empty.

Since you update this thread regularly and it's popular, I'd be surprised if these weren't brought to your attention previously, so I'm bringing them up to ask you if these discrepancies are intentional?

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
This is a goldmine. Thank you.
<3 yeah thats my youtube channel / stream for Sinister 6 <3

Zachary Young (Revvy) is playing socal gimr / savior and doing work on our content side

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB I noticed what may be organizational problems. Ice Climbers, Marth, Samus, and Zelda all have two spoiler tags where one is empty. ROB and Yoshi have 2 spoiler tags where one contains just a ditto match. On the contrary, Roy, Sheik, and Wolf have 2 spoiler tags with multiple links and players. Those are 3 different cases of characters having two spoiler tags yet differing purposes for them. Furthermore, Illinois, MD/VA, Missouri, OK, TX, and WA all have a questionable spoiler tag. Illinois has one with 1 person. The 2nd MD/VA is empty.

Since you update this thread regularly and it's popular, I'd be surprised if these weren't brought to your attention previously, so I'm bringing them up to ask you if these discrepancies are intentional?
The multiple spoilers are glitches with the forum and I have no idea how to fix them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Multiple spoilers probably means you didn't close the spoiler tag. If you do
for example, this should show up as 2 spoilers

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Maybe i missed some important info regarding these players but for pit armada and zero are both much better then 5-1. Wizzrobe should also be under sonic.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
None of those players have had showings with those characters in 3.5.

D e l t a

regarding spoiler tags, either double check your tags are closed [ /spoiler ]. If that doesn't fix the issue, then I highlight the [ spoiler ] tag then select "Remove formatting" and it generally fixes itself.

*no spaces between [ ] and spoiler (obviously).

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yeah I've double-checked the tags and did the remove formatting, it still comes up.

I'll try the remove formatting thing again, last time I tried was a few months ago.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
umbreon took third at IaB last night, beating luck, strong bad, disafter, calmanimal and infinity. took a game off hamyojo as well.
will post vids when they're up
bracket: http://tloc.challonge.com/IaB45

Vino.

Been Vino since 2007
I don't believe wizzy even plays 3.5, and I mean sonic from playing Sonic A LOT. I don't really know how I feel about him in this patch. His approaches just get stuffed high level.

Top Bottom