• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

D

Deleted member

Also a few notes from one Sheik to another.

Meta Knight
- His tech rolls are so bad that if you believe the throw is going to cause knockdown, you can walk up and reasonably expect to get the chase. I know this from playing SneakyTako and by playing vs Drephen w/ MK. Diddy Kong's tech rolls seem equally as bad.
- Basically anything that doesn't hit out of ftilt is grabbable with sheild DI. There is not that much of a mixup.
- Tip of his Fsmash vs shield I think is functionally safe vs Sheik even w/ the +5 endlag added in 3.5. Maybe you can sneak in a dash attack, but filt is too slow.
- Hard knockdown from throw is around 34% it seems.
also thanks, although im much more comfortable with MUs like MK and wario in PM than characters like diddy, probably because they play more generic smash bros than diddy does, even with less MU exp. i think my new game plan vs diddy is to throw his banana to the other side of the stage and then just play normal smash with him. at least, for the time being.

glad everyone posted in this thread to tell me how much i suck ;_;

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
just posting to let you know that you suck at smash bros, max.

<3

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Its probably cause usually when we lose we switch characters and when we still lose we either whine about balance or start playing Fox.
Switching to Fox is a pretty good way to stop losing.

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
Really the only way to find out who the better player is by consistent tournament results, and I agree DFW is more stacked than Austin, I've been placing higher than him in Tournaments with an equal number of players.
Just cuz you have the same quanity of players doesnt mean you have the same quality of players. Any half decent player can place high at a tourney with only other half decent players and new players. But regardless socal lucarios are the best lucario :p but technically im a riolu player
Mega=ipk
Lucario=stauffy
Riolu=me
Eggs=everyother lucario

CH4F

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised about the lack of File in the Pikachu section.
/watch?v=0iXokHCajOI (can't post link yet)
Also, don't think there is a lot of EU players in there, but that's understandable.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Just cuz you have the same quanity of players doesnt mean you have the same quality of players. Any half decent player can place high at a tourney with only other half decent players and new players. But regardless socal lucarios are the best lucario :p but technically im a riolu player
Mega=ipk
Lucario=stauffy
Riolu=me
Eggs=everyother lucario
c'mon im at least a riolu

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
c'mon im at least a riolu
lol
i would probably put double over most lucarios tbh.
double over ipk rofl just wait until you guys see ipk and stauffy at aftershock(even though pools will be stacked)

edit:but to be fair i believe if a luca player and you dont at least utilize asc your not using lucario to his potential and double definatly doesn't use it in fact he hold a fully charged aura sphere as opposed to the option of asc

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
i said double over most lucs, but thought IPK stuck out as the premier enough that i didn't need to say it outright that he wasn't included in "most lucs"

idk about stauffy though, so yeah after aftershock i guess we'll see

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think Aftershock was looking at doing modified Bracket-Pools???

Don't remember what that means, guess I'll let my Knee figure that out later

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
like top 32 for bracket?
Well the final bracket will be Top 16 iirc. 8 of those spots will already be pre-filled based on Aftershock rankings. Leaves 8 players left after some pools/bracket hybrid I guess

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sounds about right. I don't know how big that pre-bracket will be: if I had to guess 32 or 24 people that survived pools might be fighting for 8 spots?

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
tbh tho I should be on ICs and Zelda, but then people would know about me...

DMG I was wanting to play you at FM IRL but you ended up leaving. Ill try and hit you up at aftershock

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Well the final bracket will be Top 16 iirc. 8 of those spots will already be pre-filled based on Aftershock rankings. Leaves 8 players left after some pools/bracket hybrid I guess
As an OoS player i personally found this fraudulent. I understand pre seeding top bracket spots at like apex with 1000 people where m2k / lucky and the very top players dont need to play uber scrubs.

But ultimately forcing Socal or any other region for that matter to fight each other for the other 8 spots is meh to me and one the reasons (Few reasons i couldnt attend) i wasnt motivated to try to come out.

There are a few mid level players id like to see play Texas's Top Brass but wont be possible cuz they Are bypassing bracket and circle jerking in guaranteed top 16 lel <3

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Aftershock is a southwest circuit ender. SoCal choosing to come to an event that is focused on the SW and built around it is on them. You all know how it will be before you choose to come.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Aftershock is a southwest circuit ender. SoCal choosing to come to an event that is focused on the SW and built around it is on them. You all know how it will be before you choose to come.
I wasnt following the event to much. Not sure how much any of us where. Socal has been looking for stacked events to go to and compete in. Went out to AZ (going out again soon)

Wasnt aware of any other large scale events we could choose from to play against texas at <3

I understand from the higher level players aspect why you would want that sort of set up. But regionals to me should mostly be open bracket and seeded according to different regional PRs.

Personally as a Socal TO and someone hoping to run a few regionals / possibly a national in Socal i wouldnt want to put Seeding of that sort up unless other regions had their own qualifiers to claim top 8 spots. You know so theres some variety. More hype matches between regions

Even if the end result would be Mostly texas or socal in top 16 it would offer more regional competition between regions at a huh REGIONAL <3

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
well with the attendance that is coming it is now a national. Its just odd because they are giving every state that participated in the circuit (ok,tx) the possibility to be top 8 in seeding automatically while the rest of the country dukes it out

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I wasnt following the event to much. Not sure how much any of us where. Socal has been looking for stacked events to go to and compete in. Went out to AZ (going out again soon)

Wasnt aware of any other large scale events we could choose from to play against texas at <3
nah its all good. It started out as a southwest thing to get everyone to go to more OoS tournaments. it ends with them advertising to the country. the idea it started with just isnt where it ended. which is fine.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
nah its all good. It started out as a southwest thing to get everyone to go to more OoS tournaments. it ends with them advertising to the country. the idea it started with just isnt where it ended. which is fine.
Yeah wish when it started changing direction they would amend the previous plans to fit the new type of event that it became.

A lot of it stems from regional competition and bragging rights imo. Thats why its so fun to travel. See how your area stacks up and when you perform well and place high you get bragging rights for your region.

Giving top level players free placements in my opinion cuz they beat local Scrublord69 and bobbybasketball1991 upsets me but hey my opinion can be wrong. Ive never hosted an event of this scale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom