• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character v3.5

Keman

Smash Apprentice
I base character usage off the videos I find (didn't watch TFZ live) and I only saw one video of him using Sheik. I also thought that Vanz' primary was Peach, so I didn't want to guess which matches were played by x character.
ah ok... yeah that makes since. I believe Vanz used to use DK then switch to sheik? but Ive really not that educated on the matter. and video evidence is the best way to base the results of this thread. so yeah I guess we just need more quality PM match video's out there which is why I am glad Nebulous is starting back up.

I want to add I love this thread because as a fan of PM it helps to familiarize myself with other good people besides just the stream or scene that I might be most into watching. PM kind of feels like the earlier days of Melee where you maybe didn't know who was the best around every corner at every event.

Edit: besides Mango/M2K because we all know they are the best >.>

Last edited:

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
I base character usage off the videos I find (didn't watch TFZ live) and I only saw one video of him using Sheik. I also thought that Vanz' primary was Peach, so I didn't want to guess which matches were played by x character.
VanZ plays like pretty much 5 different characters. I commentated a grand finals set of his at Nebs where I think he switched characters for ten games straight.

D

Deleted member

So... You don't think 3.5 ZSS is fun

BUT YOU LIKE PLAYING 3.5 OLIMAR AND PIT?!? YOU'RE A DEMON, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU

D

Deleted member

Your taste in characters is as good as hamyojos

thats right hamlin you suck

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
"im a sucker for punishment."
- shokio, probably

luv u shok

Last edited:

LittleFoxBot

Smash Rookie
I've actually found Olimar to be one of the most fun characters, then I remember there are characters with swords and I sigh~~~...

I wish he was represented by at least someone in this thread.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
shoks probably the only person in the world who plays olimar so there you go kayb, he wins by default right

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Yea I'm going to work on getting some Olimar footage, gonna use him more in tourney.

BECAUSE I HAVE FUN PLAYING HIM ZACH AND LAST I CHECKED VIDJYA GAMES ARE ABOUT HAVING FUN.

D

Deleted member

Video games are about playing ZSS vs Olimar in tourney

we have achieved maximum fun

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Can we just give the Southwest every top player per character? Except Hamyojo. **** that guy. He is pretty NEAT tho.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Up and coming midwest Ivysaur here, been playing for about 8 months now; my tag is Papa. I just won a 60 man Ohio tournament with Ivy including wins over Drephen (Sheik), 2 wins over Fumbles (arguably best PM Ice Climbers), and Village Mascot, our best Link in Ohio. Videos coming soon!
This may interest @ KayB KayB , Ivy needs more replays !

Oh and while I'm here those are the top French players atm imo :
1 - EMG Leon : Snake, Marth
2 - Mahie : ZSS, Marth
3 - Charby : Marth
4 - TreK : Ivysaur, DK
5 - Smash Falco 3 : Ike
The actual PR is a bit different, Mahie's not in it but it's preposterous, he's beaten both Charby and I and placed 7th/158 at BEAST V.

Guess why I chose that title lmao

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I've actually found Olimar to be one of the most fun characters, then I remember there are characters with swords and I sigh~~~...

I'll do it.

...once I actually win a game as Olimar on stream.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio

I went to go see what 3.5 Olimar footage I had. It's not much, but if you want something to watch here's some footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPB4YfMqiRc (vs. Swonk, Marth)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91GgUcTHwM (vs. Hamyojo). I was an All-Stars match so there's only roughly 3 stocks where I use him altogether.
http://youtu.be/UIGhlpd3m8s (vs. Mijo, Mario)

This is early footage where I hadn't put much grind time into his changes (I was almost exclusively playing ZSS for month when 3.5 first came out, to get accustomed to her changes), but there was some cool things I pulled off with him:

https://gfycat.com/CommonSoggyAfricanbushviper
https://gfycat.com/HopefulMealyBurro
https://gfycat.com/HilariousVastGordonsetter

He's probably the worst character in the game, yeah, but he's still fun and there's cool stuff you can do with him. There's just a lot of basic things he's lacking that hurts his viability, which is why no one is using him.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Can we just give the Southwest every top player per character? Except Hamyojo. **** that guy. He is pretty NEAT tho.
I've actually always found this interesting. Geographically, AZ is Southwest. But the smash scene generally identifies as west coast (because the Southwest smash scene is their own thing), probably because SoCal has been so big for so long and people just want to be socal.
We don't really join in on the southwest smash sercits and events either, and don't matter for the general southwest PR (I'm pretty sure I saw one like that? Might have misread something). I do wish we could get out to more texas events, trying to get people to go to aftershock but right now AZ smash is trying to get really big ourselves

Last edited:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
What's up people
I'm here to say a couple of things, but firstly to express my disappointment at how much NY fails at recording/streaming things consistently causing stuff to go unnoticed.

I see it was recently mentioned that The Flex Zone was a recent big tournament in NY (a local with 103 entrants for PM, 80-something for melee, 60-something for smash4). Several big names were there and from different regions. Here was the bracket just for the PM tournament: http://theflexzone.challonge.com/tfzpmsingles

Notable things that happened there are:
1) Vanz 2-0'd Professor Pro in winner's bracket (Sheik vs Snake)
2) Stereokidd 2-0'd Seagull Joe in winner's bracket (Ness vs Diddy)
3) I 2-1'd Rolex in winner's bracket (Ness vs Snake, Marth vs Snake, Luigi vs Snake)
4) Emukiller and DJ nintendo both got 25th (which is a very weird thing considering how well they place)
And there were a lot of really close sets. Some of the wins in bracket were barely gotten.

Another tournament that happened just this past Sunday (1/25/15) was an NY weekly local called Nebulous where Gallo won because he's extremely gahlike. Here's the bracket for that tournament: http://challonge.com/NeoNebBETA2PMSingles

That's right. Gallo 3-2'd Professor Pro in winner's finals and Gallo also 3-0'd Professor Pro in grand finals. One of the matches Gallo even got a JV4 stock on him. 20 entries for a local and it was literally one of the most ridiculously hard locals ever. Hardest $60 ever earned, lol. Gahlike.

Boiko

:drshrug:
What's up people
I'm here to say a couple of things, but firstly to express my disappointment at how much NY fails at recording/streaming things consistently causing stuff to go unnoticed.

I see it was recently mentioned that The Flex Zone was a recent big tournament in NY (a local with 103 entrants for PM, 80-something for melee, 60-something for smash4). Several big names were there and from different regions. Here was the bracket just for the PM tournament: http://theflexzone.challonge.com/tfzpmsingles

Notable things that happened there are:
1) Vanz 2-0'd Professor Pro in winner's bracket (Sheik vs Snake)
2) Stereokidd 2-0'd Seagull Joe in winner's bracket (Ness vs Diddy)
3) I 2-1'd Rolex in winner's bracket (Ness vs Snake, Marth vs Snake, Luigi vs Snake)
4) Emukiller and DJ nintendo both got 25th (which is a very weird thing considering how well they place)
And there were a lot of really close sets. Some of the wins in bracket were barely gotten.

Another tournament that happened just this past Sunday (1/25/15) was an NY weekly local called Nebulous where Gallo won because he's extremely gahlike. Here's the bracket for that tournament: http://challonge.com/NeoNebBETA2PMSingles

That's right. Gallo 3-2'd Professor Pro in winner's finals and Gallo also 3-0'd Professor Pro in grand finals. One of the matches Gallo even got a JV4 stock on him. 20 entries for a local and it was literally one of the most ridiculously hard locals ever. Hardest $60 ever earned, lol. Gahlike.
Oh yeah, and Boiko 2-0'd VaNz. That kid is godlike, am I right?

D

Deleted member

I'm not really surprised at emukillers 25th placing.

*cough* 3.02

D

Deleted member

I told you guys snake isn't nearly as good anymore

good **** to gallo though

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Sosa takes his 3rd SoCal tournament. Still didn't fight him in bracket lol

Got double eliminated by 2jars luigi. Picking up fox to kill that stupid character *_*

Won teams with RCizzle tho <3
Went Diddy cuz Im over being gimped as falcon in teams :)

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
I told you guys snake isn't nearly as good anymore

good **** to gallo though
Prof has still been doing well, as has Rolex. Snake isn't top tier or anything, but he's definitely good. Let's save it for the tier list thread though.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sosa takes his 3rd SoCal tournament. Still didn't fight him in bracket lol

Got double eliminated by 2jars luigi. Picking up fox to kill that stupid character *_*

Won teams with RCizzle tho <3
Went Diddy cuz Im over being gimped as falcon in teams :)
Does anyone in your freaking region have a computer and a dazzle

Top Bottom