• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 3

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Just curious to see who are your top three easiest/hardest characters to face. I guess just a brief description why that is. Maybe it'll help give us little tips to get better.

Easiest

Mario- just kinda easy to get around with squirtle to rack damage. ivy is good at fending him off and my charizard over rocks them.
Snake- I have a lot of really good snake experience so know the ins and outs. he's a really mind gaming type of player so have to know what to do before he does.
Ness- its fun beating him up and water gunning him so it screws up his recovery and charizards grab release is easy to pull off.

Hardest

Diddy Kong- My friend mains him and for some reason he is really aggravating. Aside from the bananas just everything i try to do like keeping a offensive game or defensive something usually fails.
Kirby - the 0-50 damage on squirtle is a killer and if they play a good offense usually hard to come back. Playing D with ivy isnt bad just a little slow for kirbys floatiness. and Charizard isn't bad but I think i need to be a little quicker around him
DDD- for some reason with all my grabs miss him even though he is so big..then just grabs me instead. I suck off the edge with Ivy against him so need a little better strat coming back. Charizard is decent but once grabbed and knocked off he's a little slow so same with Ivy just need a little better strat coming back.

but yeah those are my 3 easiest/worse in no particular order

T-block

B2B TST
Easiest: Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and...Ness I guess
Hardest: Game and Watch, Marth, Kirby

you really find Snake easier than Ganondorf? ._.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Easiest: DK, BooZer and ROB. PT <3 Fatties.
Hardest: MK, G&W, Wolf

I hate Wolf. So much. Only ever faced one that didn't make me want to rip my face off.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Easiest: Gannon, Ness, and diddy kong

Hardest: Marth, Dedede, Game and Watch

Also mata, you should try smash DIing the uair from kirbys during that combo to stop it

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Hmm.. It is hard for me a pick an easiest because although it might be very easy for me to face certain players playing those characters, I know some people who play them very well.

Easiest: Ganon, Luigi (Ivysaur ftw!), ZSS I guess

Hardest: Marth, Lucario, Wario

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
well im just saying the people i face and everything... i dont normally face Ganon so no point of putting on the list. I have fought MK and Marth but not enough to put them on there. MK isn't "hard" just have to work around him and not do dumb things.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
my friend started ZSS and ivy is horrible...but usually squritle can give her a run for her money even though charizard is slower he can keep up

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
DK is easy prey for both Ivy and Squirts.

Ganon is a joke against any of the 3

Ivy does well against Wario

Diddy is evil.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
When I play ZSS I just try to stick with Squirtle as much as possible. I am aggressive when I find a hole and defensive when I'm in range of any of her sweetspots. Also, yeah, I generally play a mediocre ZSS, although I have played better ones without too much of a problem either.

If I'm Ivysaur or Charizard for too long I'm ****ed, lol.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
actually luigi apparently has guaranteed up b out of jab on ivysaur (one of the few characters to suffer from this)

assuming you space really well then it's not too bad, luigi has only tornado for a ground approach and you can shut down his air approach fairly well

dk is easy easy prey for CHARIZARD, the other two do okay

but it's like charizard's best matchup that isn't lolnesslol

Vermy

Smash Champion
wtf. Luigi kills Ivy with up b at like 60 (maybe lower) and can gimp the **** out of him.

are you playing the same game we are playing?

Wario destroys Ivy.

I agree with luigi vs ivy being sucky for us.

but Wario vs Ivy isn't that bad. Wario is amazing in the air. And a good Ivy can shut that down relatively well. Wario is also relatively heavy, so bulletseed and nair will work wonders. It's not a **** matchup, but a 60:40 matchup maybe.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nah here's what wario has to do to beat ivy:

1. air dodge through bair

2. go to work

your air speed is waaaaaaay toooooooo slooooooooooooooooooow for you to have a dependable defense against wario...

Vermy

Smash Champion
So don't fight him in the air. =/

I've played vs a fairly good Wario and Ivy did a lot of the grunt work. Before that id had no Wario experience and just stayed grounded for most of the match. But, agree to disagree I guess.

Top Bottom