• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussion #8: Pit (Rediscuss)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Being a Pit main You should CP stages that Will not allow Pit to glide under and grab the ledge on the other side. Yoshi's Island Brawl is amazing cp againist Pit

Do not pick stage that force you to recov under like delfino when its moving that can be a free Dtilt and Stock for Pit.
Zair does **** Pit however Pit can MS it and punish. TL is the better camper then Pit. But the Match-up is Dead even. TL are fun to Fight!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pit is my secondary, not my primary. Still, I play a good Toon Link on occasion and think I add a little:

First, I've seen zair thrown around a lot, but this isn't going to work on great Pit players that well, because a good Pit plays campy as hell. You need to be aware that against a really good Pit player that isn't afraid to put up a tent and roast some marshmallows, you are going to be approaching, period. He can reflect your projectiles and his arrows are way better than anything you have. My advice is to abuse bombs as a ranged option because you have a little more flexibility with how those can be used. You can jump and throw them over top to avoid the reflectors. Angled boomerangs work nicely too, arrows are going to be worthless.

Pit has a bit more trouble killing than Toon Link does on paper, but usually it isn't that bad. He also believe I has a buffered fthrow chaingrab on you between 0-40?%... not gamebreaking, but if you didn't know you do now. If someone can confirm that'd be great.

Note that when you're approaching from the air, a surprise backair to the face can kill early.

That's all I got.

50:50 imo

Doctor X

Smash Lord
You need to be aware that against a really good Pit player that isn't afraid to put up a tent and roast some marshmallows, you are going to be approaching, period.
Pit has a kind of "blind spot" in front and above him at a 45 degree angle to the stage. He literally cannot direct arrows here without looping them. Coincidentally this is also where TL will be when he zairs you.

In other words, the zair *is* an approach. That's kinda why people bring it up. :)

He also believe I has a buffered fthrow chaingrab on you between 0-40?%... not gamebreaking, but if you didn't know you do now. If someone can confirm that'd be great.
Not on TL, he's too light. Even at 0% this is easily escapable.

I believe you're much better off trying a fthrow into stutter-step fsmash at very low percents. Even if he can DI out, it's a lot more potential damage than the fthrow chain.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pit has a kind of "blind spot" in front and above him at a 45 degree angle to the stage. He literally cannot direct arrows here without looping them. Coincidentally this is also where TL will be when he zairs you.

In other words, the zair *is* an approach. That's kinda why people bring it up. :)
Pit can't shorthop (or FH) and fire an arrow?

Not on TL, he's too light. Even at 0% this is easily escapable.

I believe you're much better off trying a fthrow into stutter-step fsmash at very low percents. Even if he can DI out, it's a lot more potential damage than the fthrow chain.
Cool, fair enough.

Top Bottom