• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussion #32 - Jigglypuff

illinialex24

Smash Hero
True on the projectile thing because she has trouble approaching is key.
But sadly yes they have to be on the same lvl for matchup odds to apply.
But I wouldn't say luck just out smart the Toon Link, capitilize on his weak spot dont pick FD or stages like that so on and so forth.
Yeah, on Luigi's its like 70-30 Jigglypuff but on Corneria its like 80-20 Toon Link.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is a female from what I get. Sounds like one, smells like one. Looks like one too.

Okay, so let me ask why TL without projectiles is being discussed. He has them and we use them. It shouldn't really be part of this discussion because it's rare to see a TL go an entire match without using a projectile. Constant use, always. Seriously. Distance + Patience = Win

An alternative is to also throw out a Piplup and let it beat down Jigglypuff hard.

I like "King" and all, but King can't beat God.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Using a female Jiggs to represent a male character?

(he's still a male right?)
It's impossible to get a Jigglypuff at level 1 since Igglybuff evolves on max happiness + 1 level-up. Theoretically that means level 2 is the lowest legitimate level.

Viet mindgamed you all. He's working hard on getting better at this silly game. =P

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Acctually VG its not impossible.
Breeding a Jiggs with a Ditto will by pass the requirements to get a Igglybuff thus making a Jigglypuff at lvl 1
:D

Hmm...

I got Countered.

*goes back to finding an uber Sky Shaymin so he can press B all...I mean use Air Slash all day.*

Well, this one was rather lumpy but we got sh*t done.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Okay, so I got some stuff.

Projectiles are great in the match up, and should be used a lot. >=o
If Jiggly approaches you with Dair or anything that leaves her close to you shield, Usmash OoS.

For recovering, just don't be predictable when you recover. >_>;
And a bomb out can also help. Ibomb when your recovering from a high position.

Jiggz Dacus has a lot of range, but its not that hard to see coming. The only times I got hit with it was when I was trying to SH -> pull out a bomb. So maybe you should keep at a distance when you do that.

Her Fsmash doesn't even kill? o_o;
Its like opposite-kirby.

Use Nair or something to punish pound. Don't try to shield grab it.

Moar coming later maybe.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

If Jiggly approaches you with Dair or anything that leaves her close to you shield, Usmash OoS.

Jiggz Dacus has a lot of range, but its not that hard to see coming. The only times I got hit with it was when I was trying to SH -> pull out a bomb. So maybe you should keep at a distance when you do that.

Its like opposite-kirby.

Moar coming later maybe.
Not great info because her F-smash kills great if sweetspotted but is hard to hit. DACUS has good range and is great if they are landing or near the ground. Projectiles are fairly good and better than most matchups, zair is much worse than normal.

Metatitan

Smash Master

Its like opposite-kirby.

Moar coming later maybe.
well dont base all ur info on me; ive never faced a toon link... ever xD

Metatitan

Smash Master
anyways what i learned from the matchup (since it was my first time playing one) is that well spaced pounds absolutely ****, never use ur fair until u want his camping *** dead, OoS nair ***** like a beast and rest is extremely difficult to land considering drill is ur only option (unless they are dumb enough to f smash)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I was reading this matchup discussion and the only thing I really have to say is that I had NO idea that good DI was character specific. That is all.

Top Bottom